Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got it into my head that i want to kill the end boss with the duplicator, so i'm now slaughtering fishmen with the jewel sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually maybe fishmen don't drop gems? i'll go to the collieseum room with the $1000 bag

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

actually maybe fishmen don't drop gems? i'll go to the collieseum room with the $1000 bag

they definitely do

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed a dozen and didn't get a single zircon. the colliseum room is better anyway i think, since it's close to orlock's teleporter, guarantees $1000 per run, and also has pretty good enemy density.

just $70,000 more to go...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh man, the EP is so bad. i also forgot a minor condition for the best ending and was just a little off, so i got the second to best one and don't think i really care that much.

edit: here it is. i'm going to try to finish the end boss without healing items and might post a vid if i bother to do that. richter isn't super interesting to me, but i might try that.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 20, 2018

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:siren:Putting the Sega Genesis poll up early:siren: because I'll be traveling all weekend. I put all of the suggestions in a list and pulled 10 random numbers since there were so many of them.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14883120

-Super Hang On
-Rocket Knight Adventures
-Kid Chameleon
-Shadowrun
-Streets of Rage 3
-Contra Hard Corps
-Dynamite Headdy
-Monster World IV
-Shining in the Darkness
-Shinobi 3

And here's an album with a screenshot from each game
https://imgur.com/a/59iWp

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Badge

Baxate fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 20, 2018

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i also avoided the BEST SWORD this time around and liked it a little better. my main weapon ended up being the chakram, which is pretty similar, but the weird attack pattern makes it more fun, imo

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I just got to the inverted castle. This game is insane.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Hope shadowrun wins

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm going to try dropping big metal balls on the end boss's head

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted Shinobi III because I love that game

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

drat I didn’t realize how much of a threat bats and Medusa heads would be in richter mode

Those tiny enemies that fill the screen you shrug off as alucard do as much damage as everything else to richter

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I hope shadowrun wins

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't even know there was a Contra for Genesis, so I want to see it. I played the SNES one a bunch even though I sucked at it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
pull out your graph paper and get ready to play shining in the darkness

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll give either RPG a try, but the idea of random encounters every three steps is not giving me much hope

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget where to go after you get bat. I went to olrox but I still haven't gone down into the water cavern...hmmm.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't even know there was a Contra for Genesis, so I want to see it. I played the SNES one a bunch even though I sucked at it.
Which one was the one with the really weird and bad top-down sections between every level? I'm guessing that was the SNES one as a hamfisted way to showcase mode7.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i beat the end boss without healing mostly by kicking him in the head while nuking him with bombs, but forgot to record it. oops!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat everything in the game without healing by pressing the attack button. Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

Which one was the one with the really weird and bad top-down sections between every level? I'm guessing that was the SNES one as a hamfisted way to showcase mode7.

Yeah that was alien wars and those sections kicked rear end IMO. They were just kind of hard to control

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just about done with Castle 1, just need to swing by Maria and then it's time to flip this sucker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably finish this before my flight even leaves, so then I can play as Richter during my flight. I wonder what boss order I should do for him, it's so simple to bypass the entirety of the first castle with his sick moveset

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Yeah that was alien wars and those sections kicked rear end IMO. They were just kind of hard to control

the ones with super narrow paths to walk on are pretty rear end. some of the bosses in that mode were cool tho

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the mode 7 parts are lame but you can blow through them really fast so whatever

Hard Corps is all side-scrolling, it doesn't have big gimmicks like the previous games. the hook is multiple playable characters with different moves/weapons and branching level progression with multiple endings

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Badge Get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Laser skeleton ftw

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat everything in the game without healing by pressing the attack button. Lol

Lol word by the time i got to inverted castle i killed every boss in about five seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My ghost familiar delivered the final blow to death lol.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also i didnt see streets of rage on the poll but i woukdve voted for that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm missing 1 relic and I have to fight galamoth but I'll have to finish it in the air. I'll take pics for confirmation though, of course. Looking forward to getting my badge tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also went all the way to galamoth without opening a single warp room :doh: so I have to burn a library card and walk back after I fight him

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Vote for shadowrun you asshoelsv

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Vote for Super Hang On because it's the best game on the genesis

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Galamoth was a real pain in the rear end. Not really hard (once I realized I had an accessory that absorbs lightning) but just took forever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Galamoth was a real pain in the rear end. Not really hard (once I realized I had an accessory that absorbs lightning) but just took forever

Yeah i cant wait to face him as richter lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the game is a little harder when you don't use the 100 insanely broken items that make it easy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

the game is a little harder when you don't use the 100 insanely broken items that make it easy

I like breaking games though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imo breaking games is the reward for being meticulous and exploring which I’ve felt really compelled to do in SOTN

• Locked thread