Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

how embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

i just remembered this loving happened

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Speaking of de Blasio, I just remembered the handful of idiotic op-eds from national publications around the time of the NYC mayoral primaries suggesting that Hillary Clinton should try to primary him... just the thought of it is hilarious

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
rumors of a de Blasio third-party run in case Bernie won the primaries

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gradenko_2000 posted:

That was Bloomberg I think?

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvq2tha6heU

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Jan 19, 2018

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
mike gravel's avant-garde campaign ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

MikeCrotch posted:

That was Bloomberg I think?

yea it was bloomberg, and then bloomberg got a primetime speech at the DNC which he used to denigrate teachers unions

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Obama's campaign got all of his primary opponents disqualified in the 1996 state Senate race.

In the 2004 race for the US Senate, his Republican opponent withdrew.

tl;dr Hillary Clinton was a few signatures and an Illinois sex scandal away from running against John McCain for president, 8 years before she couldn't beat Donald loving Trump.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Illinois sex scandal

What was this again? All I can remember was that Jeri Ryan had something to do with it.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

gradenko_2000 posted:

What was this again? All I can remember was that Jeri Ryan had something to do with it.

Jeri Ryan divorced Jack Ryan after she got cast as Seven of Nine, officially because the whole "she works in CA, he works in IL" thing was too much for their marriage. Some really freaky poo poo came out during the proceedings, which were released to the general public a few months after Ryan won the 2004 Senate primary election. He stepped down and was replaced in the race by Alan Keyes; this left the Democratic candidate, one Barack Hussein Obama, as good as unopposed.

edit: the tl,dr is that star trek saved us from john mccain, but not from aatrek

Pikavangelist has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Jan 19, 2018

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pikavangelist posted:

Jeri Ryan divorced Jack Ryan after she got cast as Seven of Nine, officially because the whole "she works in CA, he works in IL" thing was too much for their marriage. Some really freaky poo poo came out during the proceedings, which were released to the general public a few months after Ryan won the 2004 Senate primary election. He stepped down and was replaced in the race by Alan Keyes; this left the Democratic candidate, one Barack Hussein Obama, as good as unopposed.

edit: the tl,dr is that star trek saved us from john mccain, but not from aatrek

hidden hilarity was that the GOP's solution to this dilemma was carpetbag the only black republican they could find

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

zegermans posted:

hidden hilarity was that the GOP's solution to this dilemma was carpetbag the only black republican they could find
And he got what, 29% of the vote? Despite being quite possibly the worst candidate for anything ever?

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

DACK FAYDEN posted:

And he got what, 29% of the vote? Despite being quite possibly the worst candidate for anything ever?

27%. It's called the Keyes Constant.

EDIT: The guy who came up with the factor is the same guy who came up with this classic quote, BTW:

John Rogers posted:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Pikavangelist has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Jan 19, 2018

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Otto Warmbier

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

MikeCrotch posted:

One of the producers of the BBC show Question Time, notorious for having a weird amount of right wing panelists and audience members, turned out to have liked a bunch of far-right posts on social media

they are still in the same job lol

Never forget that David Dimbleby accidentally got a bug chaser tattoo.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pound_Coin posted:

Never forget that David Dimbleby accidentally got a bug chaser tattoo.

He was also part of the same club (albeit much earlier) that Cameron, Osborne and Boris were all part of at Oxford. You know, the one where David Cameron hosed A Dead Pig.

So there is a pretty high chance that David Dimbleby did something similar

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Megyn Kelly still has a job

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
In 1971, when Lt. William Calley Jr., who had led his platoon in the massacre of hundreds of unarmed civilians, including women, children and the elderly in the Vietnamese village of My Lai, was found guilty of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison, public outrage erupted across the country. Thousands of telegrams advocating clemency were sent to the White House, mass protests were held nationwide, a popular folk song was written and Georgia’s governor, Jimmy Carter, instituted American Fighting Man’s Day in solidarity with the convicted war criminal.

direct quote (emphasis mine) via nyt magazine

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

GalacticAcid posted:

In 1971, when Lt. William Calley Jr., who had led his platoon in the massacre of hundreds of unarmed civilians, including women, children and the elderly in the Vietnamese village of My Lai, was found guilty of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison, public outrage erupted across the country. Thousands of telegrams advocating clemency were sent to the White House, mass protests were held nationwide, a popular folk song was written and Georgia’s governor, Jimmy Carter, instituted American Fighting Man’s Day in solidarity with the convicted war criminal.

hahah holy poo poo

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

Megyn Kelly still has a job

Megyn Kelly getting embraced by liberals after leaving Fox News, despite all the lovely things she said over the years.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
santa is white

santa is white

narrator: he was turkish

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

santa is white

santa is white

narrator: he was turkish

It's actually way more complicated than that. To quote wikipedia:

quote:

The modern Santa Claus grew out of traditions surrounding the historical Saint Nicholas (a fourth-century Greek bishop and gift-giver of Myra), the British figure of Father Christmas and the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas (himself also based on Saint Nicholas)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
saint nicholas was from what is now turkey

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

saint nicholas was from what is now turkey

Just like the god emperor in 40k, coincidence?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

carter in a town founded by confederate refugees in the then slave nation of Brazil

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The government shut down on the anniversary of Trump's inauguration.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The government shut down on the anniversary of Trump's inauguration.

trump?? the dotard??

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Rupert Murdoch got literally cucked by Tony Blair

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexErnst/status/822533986408923137/video/1

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahahahaha

TUROMP

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglVo9rj2Nk
Good evening, Mr. Chapo.
It is I. GORKA.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Gorked in the butt by my base trim package Ford Mustang.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as poo poo. In the purple.

Trump: Whoa!

Bush: Yes. Yes, the Donald has scored!

Trump: Whoa!

Bush: Whoa, my man!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/733518431740252160

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkiMgBQFIJU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

quote:

Milligan's corpse was naked except for a pair of stockings and suspenders, with an electrical flex tied around his neck and a black bin liner over his head, with an orange segment in his mouth.

Milligan's death significantly contributed to ending John Major's "Back to Basics" policy initiative.[7] In an interview after Milligan's death, Major said that "What I suppose does seem as though it is probable: he must have been pretty unhappy, pretty miserable".[6][8]

lol i dunno sounds like he was having a grand ol time

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jesus loving christ how have i not seen this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

so thats why she lost