Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Maybe pumping Conner full of hulkblood wasn't such a good idea after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spider-Man is going to beat up an old man telling stories. It's really how Stan Lee should go.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

so is it that Hulk blood turns people into lizards or that everything turns Connor into a lizard?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they could have put raspberry jelly in that iv and connors still would have turned into the lizard

it's like people pretending to act drunk after drinking something they think has alcohol in it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

David D. Davidson posted:

Maybe pumping Conner full of hulkblood wasn't such a good idea after all...

Well to be fair, who could have possibly imagined it would end up blowing up in their faces?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MissEchelon posted:

so is it that Hulk blood turns people into lizards or that everything turns Connor into a lizard?
Connors is only able to turn into a lizard on days that end in -y

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't keep the lizard away from his true love (the alligator that mauled connors)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So the previous times Connors turned into a The Lizard, did he still only have one arm, or did the new arm drop off when he turned back into a human?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It almost always drops off, although there must be at least two times it didn't.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

mind the walrus posted:

It almost always drops off, although there must be at least two times it didn't.

Wait, so he's actually lost three arms? That's starting to look like carelessness.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Yeah, every once in a while he fixes his arm for good. Then it gets lost in a completely unrelated incident and he goes back to Lizarding it up again to return to status quo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

That blotch of blue paint on the doorframe bothers me more than it should.

Cherenkov effect from the speech balloon's tail.

MissEchelon posted:

He's been imprinted by The Lizard, so new mutations just follow the path of least resistance through the old groove. It's science.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 20, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He actually requires a steady stream of regular human blood to not become the Lizard.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Push El Burrito posted:

He actually requires a steady stream of regular human blood to not become the Lizard.

So he's a vampire now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He doesn't drink it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

i think it is meth, not human blood. the gator bite drained all the meth out of his system!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think it is meth, not human blood. the gator bite drained all the meth out of his system!

Ingesting Connor’s mutated meth transforms the gator into were-Florida Man.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Ironically enough, Connors lost his arm in the first place because of his Krokodil addiction

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Unnamed One posted:

Ironically enough, Connors lost his arm in the first place because of his Krokodil addiction

Well, he had to spend the fortune he got from being a Lacoste model on something...

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

It's happening.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I never thought I'd say this in a newspaper spider-man thread, but... boy that escalated quickly

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The hulk blood has given him purple pants!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

It's happening.

You know this comic has never really been all that consistent, but I have to say, giving the nurse a sex change is a whole new level for NSM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
D-did the colorist confuse the nostrils for eyes??

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

D-did the colorist confuse the nostrils for eyes??

that's cocaine. the lizard's high as a kite right now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

me irl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Synthbuttrange posted:

The hulk blood has given him purple pants!

Oh my God

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's happening.

Beautiful. So beautiful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter went down so fast you'd think he was having a team up with the lizard.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I never thought I'd say this in a newspaper spider-man thread, but... boy that escalated quickly

Don't worry; the strips on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will just be recaps of Sunday's. There's also a decent chance Spider-Man will get up and try to talk Bruce down, just to get knocked down again so Bruce can reiterate that he has no choice. If they play their cards right, next Sunday could be exactly the same as this one!

Also, hasn't Bruce's hair been a mess up to this point? Who took the time to comb his hair?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Has spider-blood cured him of being the Hulk? Is this when JJJ kicks in the door and shotguns the lizard to save our incompetent heroes?

e: Why does The Lizard refer to himself as The Lizard? Shouldn't he like, have a name or something? Or not talk in 3rd person?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

uPen posted:

e: Why does The Lizard refer to himself as The Lizard? Shouldn't he like, have a name or something? Or not talk in 3rd person?

Uh oh, looks like purple pants is not the only effect of Hulk blood on him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

uPen posted:

Are you not familiar with a guy called Stan Lee?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

THROOM

OOOPH!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

It's happening.

yeeeeeeEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

peter went down so fast you'd think he was having a team up with the lizard.
lmao

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He's going to become the Hulk inside an hospital because there's absolutely no other way to sort this.

Spider-Man got knocked out in one hit.

Bruce Banner was unconscious in one panel and then completely recovered in the next one.

The nurse changed gender.

Nostrils are eyes.

It's a fever dream this strip. How do they do it so consistently :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You can't fake the surrealism of pure indifference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I love Spidey's non-enthusiasm in panel two. Like, he only hangs around Conners because he knows he'll eventually do something to turn himself into the lizard. It's just routine at this point.