Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Alhazred posted:

In Return of the Jedi Luke would rather die than kill Vader. Does conservatives watch edited movies or something?

U know it fam

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wonder what it's like to never learn a goddamn thing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wasn't it Glenn McCoy that drew the original "Dow soars, economy humming" cartoon?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Even assuming the artist doesn't know anything about Star Wars other than Luke good Vader bad, I still don't get what this is saying really. Was the liberal media all confused about something very straightforward recently?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cat Mattress posted:

Man, British toonists seem really annoyed that Britain is paying for a service. Hey guys, if you don't want to pay, just repeal the Touquet Agreement. Simple. Then France won't have to keep a bunch of gendarmes to prevent all the lovely illegal immigrants you like welcoming so much from hitching clandestine rides on ferries.

I love how the British attitudes towards Greece and the refugee crisis consist of tutting how the continent is not doing enough, while at the same time loudly insisting that they don't have to contribute one iota because *reasons*.

And they get away with it too, the gits.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tobermory posted:

Disappointed that "Christian cartoonist hanged, drawn, and quartered by LGBTETC Mafia for saying trans people 'can't change DNA'" turned out to be hyperbole.

You know, its funny to me that the people who would probably complain about tattoos or don't like sex change operations or that mean old science talking about evolution, are apparently okay with theoretical genetic manipulation to undo homosexuality/etc. God made you perfectly, but we'll make you more perfect if you were born gay!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Wasn't it Glenn McCoy that drew the original "Dow soars, economy humming" cartoon?

Yup! And we can expect this comic to age equally as well because Trump and his idiots are pretty much pushing any growth left over from Obama’s recovery off a cliff this year if their policies aren’t reversed

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Unironically AGC.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

This brings the rage of a Star Wars nerd out from within me. Like how can you be any more wrong?

Also that bannon is garbage.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I wonder what it's like to never learn a goddamn thing.
It's not ignorance. Most of these fuckers know drat well what the GOP is really about, but someone like Glenn will never suffer under Trump's economy. As someone who is in the upper middle class, if not higher, he's largely insulated from the regressive poo poo that shits on the poor. Being a WASPy gently caress also goes a long way to sheltering the McCoys from any real problems. It helps McCoy and hurts the people he hates, so there's no incentive for him to be honest. Just lie your rear end off.

I guarantee you that whatever democrat follows up this presidency is going to be immediately blamed for whatever mire Trump puts us in. And no improvement will be good enough: they'll squawk and harp on "REAL UNEMPLOYMENT" and all the other qualifiers they 100% ignored the second a republican took office. We need to understand that these fuckers are largely self-serving liars. True believers are largely lesser-knowns like Branco and Garrison. Bigger names like Ramirez KNOW they're full of poo poo when they whine about debt.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ularg posted:

This brings the rage of a Star Wars nerd out from within me. Like how can you be any more wrong?

Also that bannon is garbage.

The only thing Henry Payne isn't completely ignorant of is the world of automobiles

And even there he's a loving dunce. VROOOOOOOOOOM

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

JRROSE knows what's up. Look at that waistline.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ryonguy posted:

Unironically AGC.

Agreed. Of course let's not forget that the whole year before the 2020 Election will also feature Ted Rall posting cartoon after cartoon ripping on whoever the Democratic candidate is and insisting they're worse than Hitler while barely mentioning Trump even exists.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Somfin posted:

JRROSE knows what's up. Look at that waistline.

No he doesn't. He's an irredeemable shithead.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wistful of Dollars posted:

No he doesn't. He's an irredeemable shithead.

My point is even in his cartoon about how healthy Trump is he gave Trump the body of a mega obese man.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Somfin posted:

My point is even in his cartoon about how healthy Trump is he gave Trump the body of a mega obese man.

Good money on JRRose being just as fat so this is him projecting his insecurities trying to show the world he's healthy.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What? I’m trying to figure out what he’s trying to say but anyway I look at it seems to be implying the military should shut down the government? :psyduck:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tenebrais posted:

Oh, you’re right. I was getting it mixed up with Allie’s smug W Bush saying “was their intelligence faulty or did they lie?”

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What? I’m trying to figure out what he’s trying to say but anyway I look at it seems to be implying the military should shut down the government? :psyduck:

An alarming number of conservatives (99%) would absolutely be cool with military rule.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Dying for Trump's shutdown profits!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

What I've gleaned from tonight's talks is that continuing resolutions are really bad for the military so that's why it's two soldiers discussing having a fourth one. The one complaining about the government isn't calling for military intervention, just "yeah they sure suck".

I think.

I mean it IS a Ramirez.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed. Of course let's not forget that the whole year before the 2020 Election will also feature Ted Rall posting cartoon after cartoon ripping on whoever the Democratic candidate is and insisting they're worse than Hitler while barely mentioning Trump even exists.

He'll definitely be rocking the purity test cartoons.

"Did you know this politician voted in favor of a military action? War Hawk! War Hawk! Just a republican with a blue neck tie! Drones!"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

the_steve posted:

"Did you know this politician voted in favor of a military action? War Hawk! War Hawk! Just a republican with a blue neck tie! Drones!"

And there'll be a non-zero amount of goons defending him "Well shouldn't we expect perfection?"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

the_steve posted:

Imagine what would happen if there was a decent out of the blue candidate that wasn't Oprah and he actually had to find something on this person.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what kind of metaphors do they use for shutdowns?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

gently caress yes, bring it :getin:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Conservatives: "The people need guns to protect themselves from an overreaching government."
Also conservatives: "THAT GUY'S GOT A BIKE LOCK! QUICK, GOVERNMENT, SHOOT HIM!"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Imagine what would happen if there was a decent out of the blue candidate that wasn't Oprah and he actually had to find something on this person.
Literally nothing is good enough for Rall. He simply cannot wrap his head around the idea that humans are flawed and working in a flawed system, so naturally every person in history is going to have something negative you can bring up.

This isn't to excuse democrats giving us lovely candidates, but Rall also criticizes whatever form of protest pops up so you literally cannot win with him unless you're running a "Ted Rall is Amazing" march.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am okay with this.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah, I was confusing it with this one from Eric Allie:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did any actual conservative speakers get protested last year or just straight up self declared white supremacists? And yeah I know the response will be "all conservatives are white supremacists now" but someone could still be talking about laissez faire economics or something.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Private Speech posted:

I love how the British attitudes towards Greece and the refugee crisis consist of tutting how the continent is not doing enough, while at the same time loudly insisting that they don't have to contribute one iota because *reasons*.

And they get away with it too, the gits.

England has a history of not understanding foreign crisis's. See the great famine of Ireland where official government policy was that the famine was the punishment of god on the Irish. Meanwhile England continued food export from Ireland to sell.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress first, date second. That's one way to do it I guess.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:colbert:The best way to do it.

E: vvv which is why she should at least experience the fun part first.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

gently caress first, date second. That's one way to do it I guess.
"Zelda is remarkably bad at relationships" is perhaps her strongest character trait.