Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Archon is really fast. It's fun to go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Suspicious posted:

Archon is really fast. It's fun to go fast.

True, I didn't bother with Archon at first because I was just so happy to ditch Vyr's and the downtime in between Archon stacks... But I came back to it for the 6 set GR55 conquest, and having amassed a Swami and Fazula's over time, I realised you can basically roll around with no stack downtime, and can even stack 2x~100-150 with good enemy density. :getin:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Marketing New Brain posted:

I had to run this stupid rift 5+ times, first time I've ever failed a rift on even a second try. Not an intuitive build. You basically don't ever use the curse or the golem power, it's all about keeping up bone armor and exploding corpses, sometimes triggering Focus/Restraint with siphon. You'll have 100s of empowered bone spears soon and that's how you will do most of your damage except vs trash which can be cleared with Corpse Explosion after knock down a few minions. Elites should be 2-3 empowered bone spears, less if you have Focus/Restraint active.

You want to run into a big group of minions, bone armor if its up, bone spear the toughest dudes who should go down in 1 hit, and then spam Corpse Explosion to clear the trash and move on to the next pack. In the Second level run past most of the trash, hit the shield, run past more trash and kill the elites and then exit to the 3rd floor ASAP the density there is much better.

Definitely leaps and bounds harder than any challenge rift I'd done before.

Adding: first level there's a conduit pylon to hit as well obvs make sure you hit it.

Golem doesn't have any resource cost so I used him to position corpses where I needed them (since you have the gaunts that sheds a corpse every second).

You can also hit the one or two corpses right at the start that show up while you're running to the stairs with corpse explosion to get a head start on empowering spears.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s not so much that it doesn’t work without the free Bomb belt as it is a 100% uptime on your Damage Reduction buff and because you are a very close range fighter until you get a Torvald’s going, after that things just explode when you touch them.

Past a certain point, I said. Hard to make progress without the extra squish protection. Though I also didn't have an ideal chest set-up at the time either so I'll have to give it another shot at some point. In terms of damage it's fine, though single target hack and slash gets a bit tiresome.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Doesn't help your aesthetic concerns but once you get the proper gear for an Akkhan build there's no downtime.

That's just down to getting lucky and rolling enough CDR on gear, right? I've had poo poo luck with that too.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

John Murdoch posted:

That's just down to getting lucky and rolling enough CDR on gear, right? I've had poo poo luck with that too.

Yeah, it's one of the less interesting gearing parts of the game, but the payoff is pretty fun.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
You can try cubing a leorics crown and using making sure you keep the cdr buff from the proper legendary gem up when you hit the akkhan button.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I use Gogok of Swiftness on my blessed shield crusader so you can get perma akarat around 53% cool down reduction.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
I do wish they'd change that dodge% into something meaningful - all it is right now is just inflated toughness values that don't have any substance behind them.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

totalnewbie posted:

You can try cubing a leorics crown and using making sure you keep the cdr buff from the proper legendary gem up when you hit the akkhan button.

Was already doing that. Still had about 10-ish seconds of downtime because I ended up with zero other sources of CDR. Edit: Correction, I didn't have the legendary gem set up yet but at one point I was using the single handed 15% CDR bonus which dropped it down to 7-ish seconds, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't quite get there even if I combined the two.

Tried Seeker and hated it so much I scrapped the entire set for stash space. :v: Now I'm sitting pretty with a full Roland's set and it feels alright, if a bit silly to watch in action. Still missing a few of the pieces to rev it up all the way, but oh well.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 19, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Seamonster posted:

I do wish they'd change that dodge% into something meaningful - all it is right now is just inflated toughness values that don't have any substance behind them.

Dodge is actually really good. Think of it as a % chance to not die when you normally would.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Seamonster posted:

At least it means you can prioritize your other gems over Gogok.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If all they added this new season was the option to right-click on a skill on the toolbar and set it to "auto-cast" when ready, I would be a happy camper.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Vakal posted:

If all they added this new season was the option to right-click on a skill on the toolbar and set it to "auto-cast" when ready, I would be a happy camper.

You can do that with the num lock trick in case you didn't know. But yeah actual documented support for the option would be nice.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bamhand posted:

You can do that with the num lock trick in case you didn't know. But yeah actual documented support for the option would be nice.

I know but it's annoying to setup and you have to put up with your character constantly bleating "It's not ready!"

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Vakal posted:

I know but it's annoying to setup and you have to put up with your character constantly bleating "It's not ready!"

Anything to break up the "I'm JUST warming up!"s. My girlfriend hates the female wizard voice after hearing me grind out the season challenges last week.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ive been walking around bellowing YOUR FLAWS ARE REVEALED

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
gently caress me Denial does not want to drop. Also I tried the remaining builds I hadn't done yet and boy is Holy Shotgun a jankfest. Blessed Shield was more fun, but really both are just variant Akkhan builds so without the magic CDR threshold...blah. Guess I'm going to bounce between Invoker and Roland's as needed; most non-speed teams I've been on today could've used some extra ST over AoE anyway...

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Don't give up on akkhan, the cdr isn't too bad.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Level a Gorgok. It closes the cdr gap pretty nicely.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Akkhan condemn even with garbage gear where you roll important stats into CDR still completely destroys almost every other build out there. You can get the CDR you need for 100% uptime in like 3 minutes of enchanting (56%).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More like akkhan do that yet (until you get the necessary level of CDR).

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I took another look and managed to get the CDR after way too many rolls. Plus the goddamn Talisman finally dropped after endless set gear re-rolls (and I figured out Illusory Boots are cache-only, oops), so the build is finally complete. I also at last got a Denial for the other build (at which point a second dropped like a minute later, figures). Now I just have to dial in where my power level is at. Well before all of this I brute forced my way through a level 70 rift (not that I've seen any primal stuff yet) but I think it was 80-85 I ended up in tonight in multi and I just couldn't get anything done.

Edit: Also in total honesty I'm kind of a dumbass so for some reason I was like "oh no my stats :ohdear:" and was thinking strictly in terms of fresh drops rather than enchanting everything up, which is why I was struggling so bad. Plus I think the one time I did look into enchanting I was in some kind of haze and picked all of the wrong gear pieces/stat options and couldn't find the CDR anywhere and gave up. :downs:

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 21, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

More like akkhan do that yet (until you get the necessary level of CDR).

You conduit.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
What's the best way to use my demon hunter to gear up my crusader? Just farm blood shards or other crafting mats and gamble/upgrade ?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I feel like I already asked this a long time ago in this thread but where in the gently caress do people go to learn the 4 man farming meta bullshit? Seems like everyone just kind of magically understands what the hell is going on. I also have no idea what to link my friend who is just getting into the game because Icy Veins has kind of crummy builds and Diablofans stuff is impossible to sift through.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Is there supposed to be some kind of meta? Because my experience with multi ever since hitting T13 has been "dude with 1000+ paragon and an overclocked build like SWK or meteor wizard or one of those super necro ones blows through everything like paper and I spend 75% of the time picking up loot from the cold bodies of enemies and the other 25% dealing with leftover scraps". The only structured play is when doing bounties, which boils down to picking a chapter where somebody isn't, doing those bounties, and clicking the right buttons when the game bugs you to join/start a boss fight.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's pretty normal for normal rifts, yes. You want them done as fast as possible, so you use a speed build. :v:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's been like that for greater rifts too, the only difference is that they can't start a new one and be two levels deep into it before I'm finished dealing with my inventory from the last one. :v:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there anywhere people meet to arrange stuff like Boss Mode? I'm one Conquest short of the last season tier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Poultron posted:

I feel like I already asked this a long time ago in this thread but where in the gently caress do people go to learn the 4 man farming meta bullshit? Seems like everyone just kind of magically understands what the hell is going on. I also have no idea what to link my friend who is just getting into the game because Icy Veins has kind of crummy builds and Diablofans stuff is impossible to sift through.

The basic idea is you run 3 DPS and one Support guy. With more than one support guy your DPS will be too low to get GR bosses down quickly. Every season the meta just shifts to like whatever the best DPS x 3, At the beginning of this season it was Support Monk & 3 Rathma's Dudes, but i don't know what it is now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there anywhere people meet to arrange stuff like Boss Mode? I'm one Conquest short of the last season tier.

You're after the in-game community called "Season Journey Group" (and there might be a few others out there too). Between that and General chat I've seen a number of calls for help with Conquests and it's how I got mine done.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

The basic idea is you run 3 DPS and one Support guy. With more than one support guy your DPS will be too low to get GR bosses down quickly. Every season the meta just shifts to like whatever the best DPS x 3, At the beginning of this season it was Support Monk & 3 Rathma's Dudes, but i don't know what it is now.

It’s barb and 2 Rathma with 1 z necro, monks aren’t in the exp meta, just the grift push meta.

You learn about it by participating in it or watching YouTube/guides. It’s all organized through clans and communities like greater rifting etc. it’s a huge pain in the rear end and one of my biggest gripes

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Bust Rodd posted:

Doesn't help me to know how to build either of these things!!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

keratinous scutes posted:

What's the best way to use my demon hunter to gear up my crusader? Just farm blood shards or other crafting mats and gamble/upgrade ?

Absolutely blood shards, you'll be able to get a 6p set relatively quickly and that will set you up to play on the crusader. DBs from bounties/rifts are good to get too for upgrading rares to get a weapon, shame there's no good way to do both at once.

John Murdoch posted:

Is there supposed to be some kind of meta?

Just to boil it down: there is no meta in public games. You have to be in a clan or community that is trying to push for any of that to matter.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That's easily the most annoying one this season, I'd recommend working towards another. There are communities dedicated to the journey or conquests and most people in lljk would be willing to try, but it's a bit late in the season so the population is dying down.

Poultron posted:

Doesn't help me to know how to build either of these things!!

It was easier to figure out when there were professional gamers streaming and recording video guides for d3, now you need to know a guy who knows a guy or be able to understand how the leaderboard builds play just by looking at them.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

boar guy posted:

ive been walking around bellowing YOUR FLAWS ARE REVEALED

It's cool when my monk kills a 3HP roach and yells this.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
YOUR FLAW WAS BEING A BUG, YOU DUMB rear end in a top hat.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Swilo posted:

That's easily the most annoying one this season, I'd recommend working towards another. There are communities dedicated to the journey or conquests and most people in lljk would be willing to try, but it's a bit late in the season so the population is dying down.

I picked Barbarian this season and cleared the 55 without set items and got gems to 75. What would you recommend for the third? I feel like a more aoe-oriented character could probably do the chest one fine but I still have to approach things and hit them with a hammer.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 22, 2018

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
If you have an alt then 6 sets to GR55 is fairly trivial, otherwise fish for the cursed peat bounty chest and get a couple people to help since it only takes a minute and TX is a complete joke with power creep.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Swilo posted:

If you have an alt then 6 sets to GR55 is fairly trivial, otherwise fish for the cursed peat bounty chest and get a couple people to help since it only takes a minute and TX is a complete joke with power creep.

Even easier since all four barb sets are "get set, right smashy stick, gr60 easy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah the chest one is the third I did and I've regularly seen teams getting built to do it. Super easy with four people.