Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tucker Carlson is drawing enough attention that MSNBC is airing clips and outright calling him a white supremacist. This could turn out fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

STAC Goat posted:

Tucker Carlson is drawing enough attention that MSNBC is airing clips and outright calling him a white supremacist. This could turn out fun.

Breaking News

Man who says racist things on a racist network who invites proud racists as guests and defends our president’s racist comments, might in fact be a racist.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

or they're looking to poach him from fox

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I just saw a video where JP "debunks" white privilege, and holy poo poo, I can't believe anyone would be convinced by it. It was a 10 minute rant where he actually addresses the subject for ony 2 mins. One of his arguments is that if white privilege exists because Whites are majority, then it's actually majority privilege, which is the result of living in any culture and says what's the point of building a culture if you can't gain any benefits from it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's what always pisses me off when peterson fans try to pretend he's one of the good ones and isn't anti-woman or white nationalist. as a white american i feel more kinship with a black american or hispanic american than i do say a white briton. those people are my culture not some nebulous "white culture" (a thing that doesn't exist).

plus how could a philosophy professor be unaware of the concept of tyranny of the majority, i assume he's read mill. or for people so supposedly obsessed with classical culture you'd think they'd have heard of ochlocracy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah as someone who has lived my entire life in places that are at least 1/3 african american, when he says he doesn't get the label african american or what african american culture entails i'm just like "no poo poo, you're a white canadian"

it's not a persuasive argument i guess unless your perspective on the world doesn't include dozens of daily interactions with black people

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I admit it's basically the Daily Show except for Even Whiter People

Aren't there literally not white people on the Daily Show anymore now that Jordan Klepper got his own show?
Also, what happened to Jessica Williams?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Aren't there literally not white people on the Daily Show anymore now that Jordan Klepper got his own show?

She did a quick, weird Netflix movie. She'll be in the next Fantastic Beasts.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

HootTheOwl posted:

There's at least one (*extremely* sharp) white lady, I forget her name. She's been extremely pregnant lately so not doing as many bits.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Groovelord Neato posted:

plus how could a philosophy professor be unaware of the concept of tyranny of the majority, i assume he's read mill. or for people so supposedly obsessed with classical culture you'd think they'd have heard of ochlocracy.

he's a clinical psychologist and his most famous book is arguably a sociology book. Which brings me to the next point: if you're a psychologist and your most famous work is a. a book and b. not in your field of expertise, you're poo poo.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Here's the video I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDggKqt3KA

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There's at least one (*extremely* sharp) white lady, I forget her name. She's been extremely pregnant lately so not doing as many bits.

You talking about the thin blonde one, or the short, sorta chubby redheaded one?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ugh please don't give that guy views.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mr Interweb posted:

Here's the video I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDggKqt3KA

You talking about the thin blonde one, or the short, sorta chubby redheaded one?

Thin blonde. There's one other woman I've seen who might be white but I'm not sure how she identifies / if she's a full cast member or just a gig by gig person.

There's a jock-y white dude who's done some funny stuff too lately but Im not sure if he's an official cast member either.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mr Interweb posted:

I just saw a video where JP "debunks" white privilege, and holy poo poo, I can't believe anyone would be convinced by it. It was a 10 minute rant where he actually addresses the subject for ony 2 mins. One of his arguments is that if white privilege exists because Whites are majority, then it's actually majority privilege, which is the result of living in any culture and says what's the point of building a culture if you can't gain any benefits from it.

Meanwhile, in South Africa...

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

HootTheOwl posted:

What is this trying to say other than "Jobby Jindal works with a lot of white folk".

Racists like to mock black people for having "weird names." The point is that plenty of white people have weird names, too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jurgan posted:

Racists like to mock black people for having "weird names." The point is that plenty of white people have weird names, too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I realize that a name like Amanda or Erika is just as made up as a name like Lakynn, but what the gently caress is that even from?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Star Man posted:

I realize that a name like Amanda or Erika is just as made up as a name like Lakynn, but what the gently caress is that even from?

Okay so Devan and I had a pretty difficult time picking out the name! I kind of thought we were never going to agree on one! I love unique names! My name is fairly unique and I loved never having to share a name with someone else in my school or work. Devan, on the other hand, likes unique but not too unique of a name.
At first we both liked (Devan actually loved) the name Taylee.. Then I did a little research and decided there are quite a few Taylee's out there and that it was too common of a name. So it was a no for the name Taylee.
Then I thought of the name McKarty.. Which I still absolutely LOVE this name, but sadly Devan literally HATED it! I tired and tried to talk him into it! Then I figured I couldn't name her something that he really didn't like, so out went the name McKarty.
Then we tried to combined both of our favorite names.. McKarty and Taylee and came up with Maylee. We both liked it but wasn't in love with the name.. So we kept thinking..
I know of a little girl named Nayvie and love the name! Devan actually liked it too! So for a minute we thought about naming her that but then decided it just wasn't suppose to be her name!

Then one day Devan came home from work and said he was drove past a sign that said "LAKIN" and asked what I thought about it. I actually LOVED the name! We both Loved it! YAY! I decided to change up the spelling a little bit to make it more of a girly name and that is how we came up with
LAKYNN!
The middle name just kind of seemed to go with it! There isn't any family meaning behind it, just a cute name we both liked! :)

Here are all the names that made "the list"

Taylee
McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee
Tayvie

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's this kind of poo poo that leads to people naming their son Pnurtis

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
turns out in the end they named her Laikynn, her brother is named Titan

unfortunately mom stopped updating her mommy blog before revealing the horror of their third child's name

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
One of the students at a reservation school I substitute at told me that her family's real family name is Kills Enemy From Behind, but the Mormon missionaries made her grandfather change his name to something else.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the two worst dumb white people naming trends are last names as first names and faux-celticism which mainly consists of adding an unnecessary h next to a vowel

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Just think in 2038ish, a whole swarm of children called Donald will be able to drive and vote, and create their very own pisstapes

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the two worst dumb white people naming trends are last names as first names and faux-celticism which mainly consists of adding an unnecessary h next to a vowel

Listen here, my name is MhacDonald Williams and I’m proud of it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Radar posted:

Whilliams

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tote up a bags posted:

Just think in 2038ish, a whole swarm of children called Donald will be able to drive and vote, and create their very own pisstapes

Meanwhile, the recently married Aerith and Sephiroth Jackson breath a sigh of relief and count their blessings that at least they weren't named after some shithole president. Christ, that would be beyond embarrassing to have to live "Donald" down for your whole life.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

nine-gear crow posted:

Meanwhile, the recently married Aerith and Sephiroth Jackson breath a sigh of relief and count their blessings that at least they weren't named after some shithole president. Christ, that would be beyond embarrassing to have to live "Donald" down for your whole life.

In a nearby bar, Daenerys Smith launches into her usual “americans need to rally behind president Hannity” speil

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

stoats they justt name their daughters khaleesi because they're too dumb to realize that's not her name.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

pleased to meet you. this is my wife, mheghahnn

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
My friend named their daughters after Attack on Titan characters and yet it's less cringeworthy than half the entries on Der Ubermom's list of "names."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Star Man posted:

One of the students at a reservation school I substitute at told me that her family's real family name is Kills Enemy From Behind, but the Mormon missionaries made her grandfather change his name to something else.
That's a Metal family name

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Screaming Idiot posted:

My friend named their daughters after Attack on Titan characters and yet it's less cringeworthy than half the entries on Der Ubermom's list of "names."

that's insanely hosed up.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Not sure if this belongs here, but apparently Chelsea Manning is at the thing Cernovich is hosting tonight and Trans twitter is kind of freaking out. The only real things posted are a couple Alt-Right twitter account and one dude from Buzzfeed. Oddly no pictures. which I would think SOMEONE would post one.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's a Metal family name

It's a pretty interesting name. One person I used to work at the same company as had the name last name Crazy Thunder.

There was also someone I went to school with that was two years older than me named Talon Cooney.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's insanely hosed up.

Considering the fact that most of characters in the show have relatively sane names that isn't that bad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Star Man posted:

one of my high school acquaintances had the surname Foltermann

our first day of German class during the roll call the teacher had a hilarious :catstare: moment

it means torture-man

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Star Man posted:

Mormons are fine with killing enemies, but they can’t accept doing it from behind.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Considering the fact that most of characters in the show have relatively sane names that isn't that bad.

Really, the hosed up part is that they named their kids after characters created by a literal neofacist Japanese nationalist.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

it's not what the names are it's where they're from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yeah, the guy's a pretty big manchild. I love them both to death, don't get me wrong, they helped me pay my bills when I lost a paycheck from getting hernia surgery, but naming your kids after anime is pretty hosed up.

Unless it's Goku and Vegeta. They are literally the only acceptable anime names.