Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SkySteak posted:

The lesser known Warhammer faction of Spectrum, led by hero Captain Scarlet.

Needs a Mysterons team to play against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

Where did these Paranoia miniatures come from?

They look like Crooked Dice's non-Spectrum guys, but I think the majority are OOP now. http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product-category/02-heroes-and-allies/page/4/

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

NTRabbit posted:

Needs a Mysterons team to play against

Acrylic rings of varying colour.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ugleb posted:

Acrylic rings of varying colour.

Use the reflections off a couple of CDs.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

new Goliath gang found

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Goood. Goooood.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Want that duck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

New JoJo series?!?!?!?!?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New Hatoful Boyfriend game!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:goose:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
talk about big bird hahah

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The budgie one is actually make perfect present for my friend and I'd love to get hold of one

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Yep, looks like a squad of chaos spawn to me.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Tzeentch chaos spawn

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those birds are amazing. They should be the Big Guys on a Scrunt BB team.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

I have an affection for Ed Roth'd Ork vehicles.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bumblebee is having a really rough day.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Irate Tree posted:

Bumblebee is having a really rough day.

I wanna see it Transform like Orktimus Prime.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Screaming Idiot posted:

I wanna see it Transform like Orktimus Prime.

Krumpin’ iz da right of all dems wot can fink.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

A guy in my local 40k facebook group, who somehow managed to track me across eBay and tries to low ball every mini wargaming thing I ever sell, posted these for sale today:

Apparently he's calling this pro painted and is asking more than 150% MSRP. I mean, I get not wanting to take a big loss on something, but come the gently caress on with that poorly assembled 3-color bullshit.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
That doesn't look terrible?

It's better painted than an awful lot of 'pro painted' stuff on ebay, but it's weathered and subdued rather than being vibrant and poppy, and the photography is not so well done.

The freehand is a bit poo poo though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea i think you just have a grudge against the dude, they look fine to me. asking a bit more than msrp for decently painted stuff isnt uncalled for

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Considering the poo poo me and my last roommate would see as "pro painted" during our eBay dives this is the closest thing to competent I've seen in a while honestly

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PantsOptional posted:

Krumpin’ iz da right of all dems wot can fink.

One shall stand, an da udda'z gonna get zogged!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I would not buy them because I would immediately strip them and at 150% MSRP the hassle far exceeds the value. But for people who are really lazy or really hate painting and just want to have something tabletop ready and see value at that price, then they're fine I guess.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That poo poo is barely worth 50% RRP considering the amount of time you’ll have to put in to repair, I mean look at the glue seams on the fellblade and the crooked pieces on the repulsor.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Atlas Hugged posted:

I would not buy them because I would immediately strip them and at 150% MSRP the hassle far exceeds the value. But for people who are really lazy or really hate painting and just want to have something tabletop ready and see value at that price, then they're fine I guess.

Pretty much.

If I was looking for an used army to play with, that would be good enough paint quality. I wouldn't pay more than 75% for it though and not as a single mini.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

"Better painted than the dregs of eBay" isn't saying much. The guy's telling people on facebook that he's charging so much for the quality of the paint job, and he doesn't understand why anyone would buy these and repaint them. And yes, prolly a bit of a grudge. It's also surprising to me, who has only ever really gamed with his bros and doesn't go to stores and events for 40k, that someone in the local scene is straight-faced telling people he plays this game with that these models are pro-tier works of art and worth a premium.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I like the jaunty angled rocket pods on the turret

Our imperfections are what make us unique and beautiful*~

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love the crooked crosses and the scribbles that look nothing like writing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I’m the typical space marine player who won’t buy it because it doesn’t look close enough to a balkenkreuz.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Repainted one of my D&D guys I painted a year ago. Yeah...that whole "just pretend he has a face" thing doesn't really work in retrospect.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reynold posted:

"Better painted than the dregs of eBay" isn't saying much. The guy's telling people on facebook that he's charging so much for the quality of the paint job, and he doesn't understand why anyone would buy these and repaint them. And yes, prolly a bit of a grudge. It's also surprising to me, who has only ever really gamed with his bros and doesn't go to stores and events for 40k, that someone in the local scene is straight-faced telling people he plays this game with that these models are pro-tier works of art and worth a premium.

Miniatures age like milk, unless they are painted *spectacularly*. This guy's stuff is okay but not great, so he should be expecting between 25-50% of retail. I don't think his stuff is awful, and there's a market for average painted stuff. But it's not at retail prices.

I have stuff that I think I can paint and maybe turn around at a profit. But that's stuff that I got at 20-30%, which is the low end of stuff that isn't critically hosed, and the only reason I'd be selling it is if I tried and didn't like the faction.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

rkajdi posted:

Miniatures age like milk, unless they are painted *spectacularly*. This guy's stuff is okay but not great, so he should be expecting between 25-50% of retail. I don't think his stuff is awful, and there's a market for average painted stuff. But it's not at retail prices.

I have stuff that I think I can paint and maybe turn around at a profit. But that's stuff that I got at 20-30%, which is the low end of stuff that isn't critically hosed, and the only reason I'd be selling it is if I tried and didn't like the faction.

I can quite reliably manage selling at 200% retail but even then it's still way, way below minimum wage - at most the profit will be something like £3 per hour, at worst its 50p. Selling painted stuff is no way to make a living and I pretty much only do it because I enjoy the process and don't have enough space to store the results.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
I don't like the painting, it's built like poo poo, and the conversion's execution is lackluster, but the Fellblade looks way better with one gun than it does with two.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 22, 2018

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Repainted one of my D&D guys I painted a year ago. Yeah...that whole "just pretend he has a face" thing doesn't really work in retrospect.

Who makes that mini? It's amazing. Wielding a tankard and sword at the same time is like 75% of my D&D characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

Who makes that mini? It's amazing. Wielding a tankard and sword at the same time is like 75% of my D&D characters.

I made it through Heroforge, and my mindset was the same as yours.