Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a Persona 4 anime live stream going on right now but it's region locked. P3/5D news should come soon though.

https://twitter.com/Shadownade/status/954376035348328449

E: Seems to have just been more shenanigans by the Persona 4 VAs

Dehry fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So for Soul Hackers, is there any guidelines for leveling, like are there any outright bad stats like how Strength is bad in SMT4 because it does the same exact thing as Dex but worse? Also general pointers are cool too.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

So for Soul Hackers, is there any guidelines for leveling, like are there any outright bad stats like how Strength is bad in SMT4 because it does the same exact thing as Dex but worse? Also general pointers are cool too.

Pick sexy for nemissa as it's the earliest access to almighty for her. Your mc doesn't get magic so he should be all str and nemissa should be all magic focused. Your z guy whose name I forgot doesn't cost mag to keep summoned so you him and nemissa are going to be your main crew for most the game. You should really only have to summon more guys for bosses. Soul hackers, especially with the 3ds features, is one of the easiest megaten games so don't stress too much

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

There's a Persona 4 anime live stream going on right now but it's region locked. P3/5D news should come soon though.

https://twitter.com/Shadownade/status/954376035348328449

E: Seems to have just been more shenanigans by the Persona 4 VAs

Nobody should trust a Persona livestream again after the Teddie molestation station

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Pick sexy for nemissa as it's the earliest access to almighty for her. Your mc doesn't get magic so he should be all str and nemissa should be all magic focused. Your z guy whose name I forgot doesn't cost mag to keep summoned so you him and nemissa are going to be your main crew for most the game. You should really only have to summon more guys for bosses. Soul hackers, especially with the 3ds features, is one of the easiest megaten games so don't stress too much

MC not learning magic but having the option to boost it seems pretty dumb, but thanks for the advice, friend.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Considering Magic, as a stat, also boosts magic defense, it's really not dumb at all? It's not just "you hit slightly harder with spells"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

Considering Magic, as a stat, also boosts magic defense, it's really not dumb at all? It's not just "you hit slightly harder with spells"

This isn't really that intuitive, I don't think.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Yeah, one of my buddies pumped magic on the main character because he thought he was going to be really strong once he started getting spells

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

reminds me of how pokemon used to work

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

If I recall correctly, most of the best pieces of equipment have stat requirements that can gently caress you over for the postgame depending on how you've been distributing the points.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

You need something like 13 magic to equip the best armor set in the game iirc. Granted getting that armor takes awhile.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Strange Quark posted:

I don't really know Soul Hackers super well or anything, but considering its how it works in most other SMT games and it's been a thing that the games used to straight up tell you outright, it seems pretty normal to me. :shrug:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anybody been playing Dx2? Graphics are good, and the combat is Press Turn so it's good. Hoping the ENG version comes out sometime soon since doing demon negotiation is even harder when you don't understand half of the bubbles.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Anybody been playing Dx2? Graphics are good, and the combat is Press Turn so it's good. Hoping the ENG version comes out sometime soon since doing demon negotiation is even harder when you don't understand half of the bubbles.

Let's be real you probably have the same chance of a successful negotiation in Japanese as you do in English.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I had no idea Caligula was getting a remake for PS4. I really wanted to enjoy the game but the gameplay was very poor.

Look I just think Satomi Tadashi is a better writer than Hashino.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think you'll find that to be an unpopular opinion around here.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

HGH posted:

I don't think you'll find that to be an unpopular opinion around here.

I was reading about the remake and browsed the comments section on Japanese news sites and the opinion seems relatively mainstream, along with “oh god another dance spinoff why??” And “FuRyu makes poo poo games, good script tho”.

Apparently getting an anime as well but no idea about the studio.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

As there a way of getting the English Shin Megami Tensei game’s back on iOS or are those off the market now? I need something to do at work that isn’t work.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

chaosapiant posted:

As there a way of getting the English Shin Megami Tensei game’s back on iOS or are those off the market now? I need something to do at work that isn’t work.

Sadly, nope. Those apps were 32-bit and Apple jettisoned any and all apps that ran in 32-bit mode from the app store not too long ago. If you have a jailbroken device I guess you could try to install it through those methods but I don't know if they'd still run.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

atlus dont let me down

https://twitter.com/noctilin/status/918628415615336448

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
what

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's femc and akihiro in the persona 3 rhythm game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think it's a pipe dream of what the best social link in persona history should've ended with

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you guys know if SMT ever had a trading card game of some kind?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is there a way for me to download a Clear save of PS3P that has all the stars maxed out? I overwrote my clear save and want to do a new game plus with FemMc.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mraagvpeine posted:

Don't think so but just about everything had TCGs in the 90s and early 2000s

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Mraagvpeine posted:

It had one in the 90s, my copy of either Innocent Sin or Soul Hackers had a Girimehkala card packed in with it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mraagvpeine posted:

Yes

https://m.imgur.com/a/1svxV

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Happy birthday Fox :3:

https://twitter.com/Calbee_JP/status/957416997397999616

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's not a proper Happy Birthday to Yusuke without lobsters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Roth posted:

It's not a proper Happy Birthday to Yusuke without lobsters.

Yeah, what the hell

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw happy birthday Fox and thought it was about the P4 Fox before seeing the tweet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The rates in the SMT mobage are worse than most (0.5% chance for 5 star) and the game is insanely stingy with the pull currency, and the prices to buy rolls are absolutely absurd, even by gacha standards. Dunno if fusion lets you bypass this stuff (would explain why the rates are so poo poo) but I doubt it. What a shame.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The rates in the SMT mobage are worse than most (0.5% chance for 5 star) and the game is insanely stingy with the pull currency, and the prices to buy rolls are absolutely absurd, even by gacha standards. Dunno if fusion lets you bypass this stuff (would explain why the rates are so poo poo) but I doubt it. What a shame.

drat, and here I was despairing over how bad the rates are in Fate/Grand Order.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From a snippet I read, you can fuse stuff to make a 5 star. The game is more about fusing your own powerful stuff than rolling it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why even have a star system

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
gacha

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wait, it's out!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait, it's out!?

In Japanese.