Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

no just do ontario thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Holy moly

A top political adviser to former Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty was found guilty Friday of criminal charges for wiping government computers following the cancellation of two gas-fired power plants.

David Livingston, who was McGuinty's chief of staff in 2012-13, was found guilty on one charge of unauthorized use of a computer and one charge of attempting to commit mischief to data. 

Meanwhile, Livingston's deputy, Laura Miller, was found not guilty on the same charges. 

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress! why cant it be laura miller too

uuuughhh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Drunk Canuck posted:

Well let's look at how the ONDP are doi
https://twitter.com/AndreaHorwath/status/954009093596991488

Burn the whole country down.

God loving dammit Andrea. You had one job.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
At least Toronto's bid wasn't as horrendously egregious as Chicago's or Fresno's. My understanding is it was more like a marketing brochure for the city and less of a promise to commit wage theft on the corporation's behalf.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
We didn't offer any specific concessions or tax breaks. On the other hand, gently caress Amazon and gently caress their bullshit jobs numbers.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

gently caress! why cant it be laura miller too

uuuughhh

Cause crown's expert witness felt the same way we do

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Vancouver downtown has free wifi now yay

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Blow it up anyway

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

God loving dammit Andrea. You had one job.

It's almost like she wants her party to be utterly marginalized and irrelevant

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/pressprogress/status/954127456415318016

On the other hand, this is a great way to create a registry of libertarian shitheads.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tighclops posted:

It's almost like she wants her party to be utterly marginalized and irrelevant

Is there a word for decision making so bad it's indistinguishable from sabotage?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/fivre604/status/954567223909138432

loving lol

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I'm so glad we've collectively decided to end the war on drugs in Vancouver

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

namaste friends posted:

On the other hand, this is a great way to create a registry of libertarian shitheads.

I know when I want good economic analysis I go to the people who eat laundry detergent.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Is there a word for decision making so bad it's indistinguishable from sabotage?

I'm sure there's a German word for it and it would perfectly describe a lot of the decisions I saw management make in my last IT job.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Martian Manfucker posted:

I know when I want good economic analysis I go to the people who eat laundry detergent.

Well the goal here isn't good essays, it's pushing Fraser propaganda into teenage brains

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

She’s bombardiering it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

namaste friends posted:

i hope all the kids arguing against min wage, send in essays arguing for guaranteed income instead :unsmigghh:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Making kids write about the evils of minimum wage in exchange for a bit of cash is arguably more merciful than making them do a book report on Atlas Shrugged

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope the kids write essays, win, take the money, then go full communism

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

St. Dogbert posted:

The serial killer denial might have been a smokescreen. They said they've been investigating McArthur for a couple of months, so they might not have wanted him to clue in that they were onto him.

Basically, it's either tactical or stupid. Maybe both.

I think it's standard operating procedure to lie or misdirect when they suspect its a serial killer. For example, the cops knew the "Hillside Strangler" was actually two people working together but didn't release that info to the press.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I would believe that if not for the fact that it took eight years for them to look at the victims' Facebook profiles and connect the "friends of friends" list.

That and the whole "ignoring disappearances in the village" that lead to a woman finding her daughter's corpse 20 feet off a main road. Like, if the police had just been ignoring this poo poo until that story blew up, it would also look pretty much exactly like this.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 20, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Drawing inspiration from America

Compromise.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

just another posted:

I think it's standard operating procedure to lie or misdirect when they suspect its a serial killer. For example, the cops knew the "Hillside Strangler" was actually two people working together but didn't release that info to the press.

Then why don't they say that instead of "we had different evidence back in December and what we said was true then" or "you tell ME if killing 4+ people counts as serial killing"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I've got Canada's Long Day of Pointless Masturbation a.k.a. "Hockey Day in Canada" on in the background, and let me just say: abolish the loving CBC.

So far they've had a long, luxurious wank about the role of hockey in rural shitholes, and now they're on to some nonsense sponsored by a large bank. gently caress them all IMO.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PT6A posted:

I've got Canada's Long Day of Pointless Masturbation a.k.a. "Hockey Day in Canada" on in the background, and let me just say: abolish the loving CBC.

So far they've had a long, luxurious wank about the role of hockey in rural shitholes, and now they're on to some nonsense sponsored by a large bank. gently caress them all IMO.

I feel like hockey could actually be a good thing for kids, especially in rural communities, if it was so deeply infested with racism and anti-poor sentiments. And thanks to the CBC, military wank.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Furnaceface posted:

I feel like hockey could actually be a good thing for kids, especially in rural communities, if it was so deeply infested with racism and anti-poor sentiments. And thanks to the CBC, military wank.

Anything that provides positive role models and some degree of structure, and possibly an escape from everyday misery, can be, and gently caress knows a lot of those possibilities cost less than building an arena and either expecting parents to pay for a shitton of gear or getting it donated from someplace.

There's also a pretty big risk that, if it turns out to actually be the centre of the community, then it's exclusionary to those who can't, don't want to, or can't afford to play.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I guarantee you if that Fraser Institute thing had come out when we were in high school my friends and I would have used it as a contest to see who could write the best satire that was subtle enough to be picked.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"Minimum Wage: A Vampire Preying on Society"

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Soccer is way more popular than hockey in Canada. (To play, not watch)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
That's only because it's cheap and unlike you out of touch motherfuckers, most people can't afford much in the way of extravagance.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Butcher posted:

"Minimum Wage: A Vampire Preying on Society"

Minimum Wage: Communist Triumph over the Western World

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Like seriously soccer and basketball are the two sports that are the most accessible because you can afford to play it with minimal investment. That's why at the local level they're the popular sports for poor kids.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
A few of my rich dad friends and I have decided that we're never going to let our kids consort with the grasping bourgeois motherfuckers, the types who sign their kids up for hockey because they need to live vicariously through them to escape their pathetic 175:1 debt leveraged lives.

also loving lol i don't want my kid to grow up learning the dumbest aspect of canadian 'culture'

lmao

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That's so unCanadian of you I'm reporting you to Don Cherry's barbaric practices hotline.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hockey actually becomes way cheaper, more fun and less full of psychos as an adult because you don't outgrow your gear and you can also sign up for leagues that don't give a poo poo about practices and stuff and just want to play hockey on Fridays and then grab beers after.

Except for that one team in the first league my wife played in that was this pack of try hards with all matching gear and a 'coach' with a black turtleneck and a clipboard. They were really loving pissed when they got their asses kicked in the championship game by my wife's team, that was put together from all the random people who signed up as singles and put in a team together.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
btw, this is kinda related to debt; next time you're driving around vancouver or taking transit or riding your loving fixie or whatever, see if you can not spot an AMG g63

it looks like this

seriously, try it. it's impossible

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

EvilJoven posted:

Hockey actually becomes way cheaper, more fun and less full of psychos as an adult because you don't outgrow your gear and you can also sign up for leagues that don't give a poo poo about practices and stuff and just want to play hockey on Fridays and then grab beers after.

Except for that one team in the first league my wife played in that was this pack of try hards with all matching gear and a 'coach' with a black turtleneck and a clipboard. They were really loving pissed when they got their asses kicked in the championship game by my wife's team, that was put together from all the random people who signed up as singles and put in a team together.

i can't think of anything much more dreadful than playing a competitive team sport with a bunch of loving uneducated assholes with massive household debts and precarious employment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Porsche Cayenne is the nonsense I see everywhere.