Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.

This is your answer to everything, cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Glazius posted:

Poor bastard Kaneshiro. There's always going to be somebody richer than you, you know.
A thought occurs. If I were to continue focusing heavily on economics and finances (which I majored in), while still having trust issues with people, would I end up like Kaneshiro someday?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Gihyou posted:

Well, yes. He’s a cat. Their only answer to things are either sleep or murder.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gihyou posted:

I think the meme about Morgana is probably the most well-known one aside from the battle theme.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

I'm a little surprised we didn't find any cockroaches in that huge pile of trash that has been there for who knows how long.

You answered yourself:

Blademaster_Aio posted:

And Morgana didn't even do anything. What do you mean 'WE'? Well, he's a cat, but still.

Cats catch cockroaches. Even if you keep the place fairly clean, they'll go outside and bring them in so you can find their death bodies in the middle of the living room.

Yeah, I have cats.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think the meme about Morgana is probably the most well-known one aside from the battle theme.

I feel that this is relevant to the discussion at hand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGIF8fqU3rM

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Kal-L posted:

You answered yourself:

Cats catch cockroaches. Even if you keep the place fairly clean, they'll go outside and bring them in so you can find their death bodies in the middle of the living room.

Yeah, I have cats.

I see, Morgana pulled his weight then.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I bet Hifumi would've helped

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Her room wasn't even dirty. Japanese folks are really particular about trash (my neighborhood has 28 pickups of 6 different types this month) so what often happens is you have it ready to go, but then don't put it out because you're tired/cold/whatever and you can try again in a few days anyways. Do that a few times and suddenly you have a mountain of odorless, perfectly sorted garbage bags.

Maaku did her a solid if he actually took care of the paper though, sorting that stuff is awful.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

tomanton posted:

Her room wasn't even dirty. Japanese folks are really particular about trash (my neighborhood has 28 pickups of 6 different types this month) so what often happens is you have it ready to go, but then don't put it out because you're tired/cold/whatever and you can try again in a few days anyways. Do that a few times and suddenly you have a mountain of odorless, perfectly sorted garbage bags.

Maaku did her a solid if he actually took care of the paper though, sorting that stuff is awful.

How was it not dirty?

Even if it's mountains of oderless perfectly sorted garbage bags, it's still garbage. It doesn't belong in your room, on your computer desk of all places.

I mean, if it was near the trash can, you could make that argument, but that just looked like Futaba dumped whatever trash she had on her desk and forgot about it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

how the gently caress is garbage odorless? Especially given the likely contents is empty food containers, that poo poo will stink in short time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I kinda wish that the last day before the deadline was everyone scrambling to find something to stop Medjed with, like they were putting off doing their homework.

tomanton posted:

lol, look at this hoarder

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tokyo has managed to have absolutely no garbage cans anywhere on the street but instead have an army of cleaners cleaning a street at any given time. It's fascinating.

That as well as actual glass boxes just for people to smoke in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tokyo has managed to have absolutely no garbage cans anywhere on the street but instead have an army of cleaners cleaning a street at any given time. It's fascinating.

We should have all of our Big City US mayors tour Tokyo and Osaka like some modern-age Grand Tour. Maybe they'll be inspired to copycat.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

ApplesandOranges posted:

One of those glass smoking boxes is actually in game, near Shibuya Station, over by the lottery booths. Arist showed it off a couple updates ago, with taxi drivers smoking there and chatting about Medjed.

But in real life, it's apparently been removed, as part of a pre-Olympics push to cut down on smoking in Tokyo.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Grouchio posted:

We should have all of our Big City US mayors tour Tokyo and Osaka like some modern-age Grand Tour. Maybe they'll be inspired to copycat.

The Rahmfather would take the completely most wrong lesson from this and you know it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

The Rahmfather would take the completely most wrong lesson from this and you know it.
Except I wasn't counting Chicago

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

GhostStalker posted:

One of those glass smoking boxes is actually in game, near Shibuya Station, over by the lottery booths. Arist showed it off a couple updates ago, with taxi drivers smoking there and chatting about Medjed.

But in real life, it's apparently been removed, as part of a pre-Olympics push to cut down on smoking in Tokyo.

I'm not sure if it's still in operation, but they had Hello Kitty-Themed Taxis, apparently for latchkey kids, but more than just kids use it for the sole reason drivers were not allowed to smoke in those cars.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Robindaybird posted:

I'm not sure if it's still in operation, but they had Hello Kitty-Themed Taxis, apparently for latchkey kids, but more than just kids use it for the sole reason drivers were not allowed to smoke in those cars.

Huh, hadn't heard that, but reading about the smoking culture over there in a NYT article a couple months back regarding outlawing smoking in restaurants in Tokyo, again as an anti-smoking measure prior to the Olympics, it doesn't surprise me. Wrap taxis are super popular over there in Japan, wonder if the Love Live Sunshine themed taxis in Numazu have the same stipulation on drivers...

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
The rate of adult smokers has nosedived in Japan over the last 10-15 years but is still really high and nobody can agree where to put the levers between tax revenue/public health/etc, it also probably doesn't help that the government is part-owner of one of the biggest tobacco companies in the world.

RareAcumen posted:

lol, look at this hoarder
I'm not! Garbage is just easy to forget when it's twice a week, but cardboard is once a month and plastic bottles are every other wednesday, and... :negative:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

tomanton posted:

The rate of adult smokers has nosedived in Japan over the last 10-15 years but is still really high and nobody can agree where to put the levers between tax revenue/public health/etc, it also probably doesn't help that the government is part-owner of one of the biggest tobacco companies in the world.
I'm not! Garbage is just easy to forget when it's twice a week, but cardboard is once a month and plastic bottles are every other wednesday, and... :negative:

Garbage does not belong on your computer desk, even if you forget your bin days.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Garbage does not belong on your computer desk, even if you forget your bin days.

hohoho guess I'd better uninstall [popular video game] then!!!!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Really Pants posted:

hohoho guess I'd better uninstall [popular video game] then!!!!

The real question is why you're playing a game you consider garbage.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it was popular, duh

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

The real question is why you're playing a game you consider garbage.

Well. Like.
I think it's a joke about having unpopular opinions on trendy games.

E: or forming a negative opinion after actually playing the game. Which I'm convince is a thing that most detractors don't do

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Req.Martyr posted:

E: or forming a negative opinion after actually playing the game. Which I'm convince is a thing that most detractors don't do

Tell me about it. I know one guy who refuses to play Undertale and says it must be bad because it's locked to 30FPS, which means the creator must have been lazy. That and the somewhat more valid comment of it being overhyped (which is a thing that can be true), but seriously complaining about the FPS lock is... elitist sounding? That the right description?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Stephen9001 posted:

Tell me about it. I know one guy who refuses to play Undertale and says it must be bad because it's locked to 30FPS, which means the creator must have been lazy. That and the somewhat more valid comment of it being overhyped (which is a thing that can be true), but seriously complaining about the FPS lock is... elitist sounding? That the right description?

and really dumb, there's games where higher FPS is necessary either to look good or perform well, but Undertale is not one of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

After a point, stable FPS is way more important anyway.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

RareAcumen posted:

After a point, stable FPS is way more important anyway.

and too much is actually bad, Sims 3 used to have issues where they had no lock on FPS, so depending on your computer's config, it end up going up to 200 fps at times, which is absolute murder on your graphics card.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Stephen9001 posted:

but seriously complaining about the FPS lock is... elitist sounding? That the right description?

Stupid. The word you are looking for is stupid.

Robindaybird posted:

and too much is actually bad, Sims 3 used to have issues where they had no lock on FPS, so depending on your computer's config, it end up going up to 200 fps at times, which is absolute murder on your graphics card.

Blizzard forgot to cap framerate on the menu screens in Starcraft 2 so leaving it idle on one could actually burn out your hardware.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stroth posted:

Stupid. The word you are looking for is stupid.

For certain games I could see the point but for Undertale it just makes no sense.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 21, 2018

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

FPS is that weird measurement people who only know a bit about computers and how games work will latch onto as some kind of proof of a game's quality.

Lot of games that don't rely on top-notch graphics or super smooth 'motion' only need 30fps, and most people can't see a difference between 50 and 60fps, and anything higher only causes strain on hardware without any improvements.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
It's like people asking for FOV sliders in things that aren't fps games? :smuggo:

However, frames over 60 fps can actually be useful with some monitors depending on your hz. This can make a difference between who sees who first in some competitive games like counter-strike. However, if somebody is the kind of guy who cranks up their fps to 999 in an effort to get a leg up on the opposition, they're not skilled enough to leverage those few picoseconds of extra reaction time into an advantage.

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015

Arist posted:

*Bloated, mouth dripping with grease, speech slurred* IatethebigburgerMakotoandnowI’mcharmingenoughtohangoutwithyouPLEASELOVEME

This killed me

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

FPS is that weird measurement people who only know a bit about computers and how games work will latch onto as some kind of proof of a game's quality.

Lot of games that don't rely on top-notch graphics or super smooth 'motion' only need 30fps, and most people can't see a difference between 50 and 60fps, and anything higher only causes strain on hardware without any improvements.

Aye, but I remember him saying stuff like "there's no reason to lock something at 30 FPS other than laziness and not wanting to make assets that look good in 60 FPS, I don't play games made by people who aren't willing to put in the maximum possible effort.". Me saying that perhaps it was a stylistic choice just got rebutted with "You don't make stylistic choices that downgrade gameplay unless you're an idiot. And only having 3 animation frames is terrible.".

Dude was really elitist about it, he talked so much about how high his standards were. Like, "99% of all games made are poo poo" elitist. He saw anything that could be perceived as a flaw, he refused to play it.

Anyway, enough about annoying people on the internet, back to the LP

Strange Forest posted:

This killed me
I concur. Imagine what the line for having gained max knowledge (as opposed to charm) via eating the burger could have been though.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 21, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Stephen9001 posted:

I concur. Imagine what the line for having gained max knowledge (as opposed to charm) via eating the burger could have been though.

"You knew that was a bad idea"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

You've gained maximum Gut(s)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

"You knew that was a bad idea"

Just like the Rainy Day Beef Bowl Challenge, except instead of opening a portal to the Meat Dimension, the Big Bang Burger just makes you feel sad and bloated with meat sweats.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 22, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

Just like the Rainy Day Beef Bowl Challenge, except instead of opening a portal to the Meat Dimension, the Big Bang Burger just makes you feel sad and bloated with meat sweats.

Why does my room smell like onions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, were there any recognizable takeout wrappers in Futaba's general detritus pile? I wonder what she orders in for.