Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
"It's easy, come on now."

"Ok, I'll try Mr Ortwin"

"First, a big curly-ker. Now a little yoo. Then ruh. Then luh. See you've got it!"

"Thanks, I think I'm getting better! Think I can crowdfund to write a book now?"

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

XK posted:

Is "Cloud Imperium Rights Limited" separate from "Cloud Imperium Rights LLC"?

Limited is the UK version, while LLC is the California version. IIRC, AFAIK, IANAL, HTH HAND, etc.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

His signature itself is also loving stupid.

Technically, your signature can be whatever you want it to be, but, come on.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

Aw man you've exceeded yourself with this one

loving lol

Look at Chris's little face, look at it

Thanks. TBH, personally, I am most pleased with the Succubus. I tried Tony Z and Erin there and it didn't work but luckily someone had posted Sandi "acting" (we're uber-hosed) earlier ITT and that gave me the perfect, perfect head. :laffo:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

boviscopophobic posted:

Limited is the UK version, while LLC is the California version. IIRC, AFAIK, IANAL, HTH HAND, etc.

So:

quote:

Cloud Imperium Games Corp
Cloud Imperium Games LLC
Cloud Imperium Rights LLC
Cloud Imperium Rights Limited
Cloud Imperium, LLC
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC
Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC
Gemini 42 Productions LLC
Roberts Space Industries Corp
Roberts Space Industries, LLC CA
Twin Brothers Production Inc
Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited
Foundry 42 Limited
Roberts Space Industries International Limited
Foundry 42
Twin Bros GmBH

For gently caress's sake.

Wrong company!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can't really comment on this particular legal matter.

Call a MoMA who can, geez!

Weekend MoMAs are the worst, the worst.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Galarox posted:

Thanks. TBH, personally, I am most pleased with the Succubus. I tried Tony Z and Erin there and it didn't work but luckily someone had posted Sandi "acting" (we're uber-hosed) earlier ITT and that gave me the perfect, perfect head. :laffo:

Don't knock Sandi's acting. Her star power is real:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

This one was fun to do:

It's been over two years and Pary Oldman still makes me laugh. CIG should have intentionally made a comedy youtube channel about a games development company, their 1000+ video collection would be vastly improved by a good editor.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Galarox posted:

This one was fun to do:

Brilliant! You've outdone yourself again :discourse:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Call a MoMA who can, geez!

Weekend MoMAs are the worst, the worst.

Amen to that. We need angry MoMA.

boviscopophobic posted:

Don't knock Sandi's acting. Her star power is real:

Indeed. Just look at those view numbers...

:negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
medium.com: Star Citizen and the Universe of Early Access Games

quote:

Video gamers are demanding change from an industry that has long taken them for granted — but it’s too early to say if the new development model is better.

quote:

NOTE: If you decide to give StarCitizen a try, you can enter my code (STAR-J376-ZSTY ) in the referral box to get an extra 5,000 UEC (in-game currency).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thoatse posted:

It wan't just mine and I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said my machine can run Start Citizen but not that gif for whatever reason. I get decent framerates in most VR apps, but my computer went into anaphylactic shock from whatever it was in that gif and how it reacted with other background systems. Or something.

Restarting my machine was all I could do to get it back to normal, but clicking on the the tab with that gif in it again would choke it until it was restarted each time, even if I closed the tab... gpu at 98% (r9 290) :iiam:

Hell I thought my laptop was dying because it keep restarting. Glad it wasn't only me.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

Two "Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC"?

One is "Cloud Imperium Games Texas, LLC", and one is "Cloud Imperium Games LLC" in Texas.

loving hell.

https://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2fxekb/cloud-imperium-games-texas-llc
https://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Austin/cloud-imperium-games-llc/109896805.aspx

Totally legit operation here.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Azuaron/status/954811770685685760

https://twitter.com/glacier1701/status/954791397500051456

https://twitter.com/wolexakefuz/status/954706622693113856

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Everyone gets their own custom meal, on a military ship. Steak and eggs. Chili. How about some gumbo?

Nice.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Youtube comments posted:

Question: If Crytek cannot use Star Citizen, why is there a clause that RSI/CIG will provide bug fixes? Wouldn't that mean that crystek does in fact get to use Star Citizen?

:psyduck:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 20, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol that dude talks about getting a "starter ship package" (which is $45 bucks) and then in the next sentence says he got a Cutlass ($115) and then goes on to talk about his Carrack ($400)

No shills here, no sir

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Whathowhuh?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

This guy has cracked it, Amazon want CIG's basic movement, collision detection, flight model and pole vaulting mechanics

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

Whathowhuh?

These are the sharp minds we are dealing with.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Crytek are suing CIG to get their hands on their tech.
After years of research the brightest of the bright at Crytek still can't figure out how the gently caress CIG made a game in the black emptiness of space run at 5 fps

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol that dude talks about getting a "starter ship package" (which is $45 bucks) and then in the next sentence says he got a Cutlass ($115) and then goes on to talk about his Carrack ($400)

No shills here, no sir

Maybe he was buying them in real time as he typed the article

XK
Jul 9, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

This guy has cracked it, Amazon want CIG's basic movement, collision detection, flight model and pole vaulting mechanics

Rules for SC defenders, choose one of the following:

A) Run post through an AI algorithm designed to make you sound like an autistic robot.

B) Run post through Google translate.

C) Natively use strange broken English.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

So sharp I think I cut myself just from reading that might be slowly bleeding to death.

Please [closest omnipotent entity] let me be bleeding to death because I don't think I can stand being exposed to the mind-blistering stupidity of the citizens much longer.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

So sharp I think I cut myself just from reading that might be slowly bleeding to death.

Please [-Chris roberts-] let me be bleeding to death because I don't think I can stand being exposed to the mind-blistering stupidity of the citizens much longer.

FTFY

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Crytek are suing CIG to get their hands on their tech.
Which would be a completely legitimate reason since CIG agreed to give it to them. I don't know why they mention that like it's something favourable for them.

Anyway, there's no novel technology in SC at all. Their most novel innovations are fancifully naming commonplace technologies to help their marketing, and the willingness to require 32GB of RAM and 8ms ping to run at 30 FPS.

e: Actually I take it back because the naming thing is console marketing 101. PS2 HAS REAL TIME RENDERING!!!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

For certain values of sharp...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Literally, an intergalactic alien could've written this.

What is going on?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I think it's time we learn the difference between omni- and im-.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

I think it's time we learn the difference between omni- and im-.

But, but, but... Chris is all seeing and all powerful. (shop to follow, thanks for the idea)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

XK posted:

Literally, an intergalactic alien could've written this.

What is going on?

That's it, that's all we're left with. That's what we're dealing with now. Literally the easiest people in the world to scam money from using archered jpegs and empty promises.

There hasn't been a single coherent sentence written by a Star Citizen backer in over a year, not one. Even MoMA has given up.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

That's it, that's all we're left with. That's what we're dealing with now. Literally the easiest people in the world to scam money from using archered jpegs and empty promises.

There hasn't been a single coherent sentence written by a Star Citizen backer in over a year, not one. Even MoMA has given up.

My thought is that Russian troll farms are in use. Purchased?

We have many "English second language" posters in this thread, and they're nearly undetectable, often better than native speakers.Yet, there are regularly quoted SC defenders using the most bizarre language constructs.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
It's Russian Troll Factory to you :colbert:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

XK posted:

My thought is that Russian troll farms are in use. Purchased?

I used to think this is ridiculous but then you see the weird little things, like how so many of them are using similar phrases and sentence construction and make bizarre errors... It wouldn't surprise me if something like that was going on.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Galarox fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 21, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Chris T Roberts

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

This one was fun to do:

magnifique

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Milky Moor posted:

I used to think this is ridiculous but then you see the weird little things, like how so many of them are using similar phrases and sentence construction and make bizarre errors... It wouldn't surprise me if something like that was going on.

I just can't get over the weird grammar and word usage. Star Citizen has a global audience, so I'd expect some language oddities from the non English speaking regions. I've seen the non-native English speakers in this thread being almost undectectable, yet the twitter/reddit people in defense of SC regularly have bizarre language construction.

It's just always struck me as so weird whenever I read anything they post. Like, an uncanny valley kind of thing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Milky Moor posted:

This is all wild conspiracy crap but the "game" of Star Citizen is essentially posting about Star Citizen.

So it stands to reason bankrolling a posting community of shills would keep the whales invested, and we do know the game's management (such as those two words can apply to this fiasco) love to have their egos stroked.

Frankly it seems like a good use of advertising dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

I just can't get over the weird grammar and word usage. Star Citizen has a global audience, so I'd expect some language oddities from the non English speaking regions. I've seen the non-native English speakers in this thread being almost undectectable, yet the twitter/reddit people in defense of SC regularly have bizarre language construction.

It's just always struck me as so weird whenever I read anything they post. Like, an uncanny valley kind of thing.

Honestly, I didn't think the Troll factorys were for hire. Does anyone have links to news articles saying they are? I thought the Russian Troll factorys in particular were concerned with defending the Honour of the Putin and little else. Still though, on UK online papers (like the Guardian) you do see the patern of the same sentence structure and general jist of post as it were. :tinfoil: :iiam: