Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What the heck game is that

New dragon hunter beta. Look at the word suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im like somewhat certain ps4 keeps your history of things typed there

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It does. You can reset the predictive typing suggestions under options from the main menu.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

New dragon hunter beta. Look at the word suggestions.

mods change my name posted:

Im like somewhat certain ps4 keeps your history of things typed there

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

It does. You can reset the predictive typing suggestions under options from the main menu.

Nostalgia4Murder being too much of a bitch to stream himself getting pepper sprayed, but prone to proposing threesomes on the Playstation network is just :discourse:
Brah sometimes I love this thread.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That the main character has a focused goal in mind? Or that they bother literally everyone they meet about it?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Fallout 4 is still a pretty ok game. I have a few hundred hours in it and I don't regret it at all really.

Yeah, the main story quest is poop most of the time. Show me a Bethesda game that doesn't have that problem.

I like the building stuff. I like the moddability.

I don't like that half the DLC is building stuff that's mostly lame. Even heavily discounted it's a ripoff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

esports dot gif vee

https://i.imgur.com/0O0clCz.gifv

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The best part is that that is rage quit competition. To see which pro player rages the hardest. :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it's a gently caress you friday if you haven't figured it out yet

https://twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/951728397511741440

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Some days I really wonder if we'd all be better off without the internet, or at least a little bit more sane.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I don't know I enjoyed 4 and I don't get the hate. It tried to do something different and did an okay job at it (although I hate the little synth kid you get to replace your real son who has turned into doctor mengele or whatever) but it was still fun. I think one of the main problems is you couldn't be straight up evil. You were hedged in to being a good guy regardless, even if you were just a dickhead.

Oh you could be evil, go join the now mustache twirling brotherhood of steel. Bethesda, not understanding nuance and throwing established lore out the window because if it didn't come from their writers it's fake Fallout, decided to stomp the gas and turn them into full fledged fascists rather than technocrazed hermits.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The best part is that that is rage quit competition. To see which pro player rages the hardest. :negative:

:chloe:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh you could be evil, go join the now mustache twirling brotherhood of steel. Bethesda, not understanding nuance and throwing established lore out the window because if it didn't come from their writers it's fake Fallout, decided to stomp the gas and turn them into full fledged fascists rather than technocrazed hermits.

Yeah but they still accomplished the same thing with regard to the group that your son was in, right? Can't remember the name anymore

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah but they still accomplished the same thing with regard to the group that your son was in, right? Can't remember the name anymore

Oh yeah they still blow it up, just for different reasons than everyone else, chiefly being Maxson's Brotherhood is "gently caress you if you ain't pureblood human".

Speaking of Fallout 4 holy poo poo what the gently caress was that Shadowrun style hacking quest in the Far Harbor DLC and who approved it

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I haven't played FO4 yet; it's still sitting in my library. But even by FO3 they were doing weird things with the BoS, and I thought NV in particular was bad (one of the few things NV didn't knock out of the park). If anything, the west coast branches should be closer to the original vision of helping lead all of humanity back to stable civilization with modern technology. They shouldn't even be recluses anymore. They were only like that in FO1 because they were still in early stages of resuming contact with the outside world. By FO2 they had outposts in multiple communities including NCR, whom they had helped protect for a generation.

After FO2, I envisioned an NCR with the BoS as its leading scientists (because they had at least as much emphasis on this in FO1 and 2) and warrior monks/knights errant. Kind of its own organization/order but finding a place within the new human society. It was the Enclave who were the fascists and racial purists, and the only real rivals to the BoS in terms of tech (slightly ahead in FO2).

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The best thing about fall out games is eating like 200 year old instant mashed potatoes and also most everything still works and is plugged in for you hack and read emails

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The best thing about fall out games is eating like 200 year old instant mashed potatoes and also most everything still works and is plugged in for you hack and read emails

They build things sturdy in the second century of the 1950s.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Sax Offender posted:

I haven't played FO4 yet; it's still sitting in my library. But even by FO3 they were doing weird things with the BoS, and I thought NV in particular was bad (one of the few things NV didn't knock out of the park). If anything, the west coast branches should be closer to the original vision of helping lead all of humanity back to stable civilization with modern technology. They shouldn't even be recluses anymore. They were only like that in FO1 because they were still in early stages of resuming contact with the outside world. By FO2 they had outposts in multiple communities including NCR, whom they had helped protect for a generation.

After FO2, I envisioned an NCR with the BoS as its leading scientists (because they had at least as much emphasis on this in FO1 and 2) and warrior monks/knights errant. Kind of its own organization/order but finding a place within the new human society. It was the Enclave who were the fascists and racial purists, and the only real rivals to the BoS in terms of tech (slightly ahead in FO2).

Yeah it's pretty weird how the brotherhood basically became the enclave in FO4. The brotherhood were always good guys until then.

I can't remember what they did in NV.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Yeah it's pretty weird how the brotherhood basically became the enclave in FO4. The brotherhood were always good guys until then.

I can't remember what they did in NV.

The Brotherhood has always been a bunch of circlejerking dicks who see themselves as the only ones ~responsible~ enough to handle pre-war tech. Plus, the first thing they do in the first Fallout when you meet them is to send the player character on a suicide mission to an irradiated hole in the ground.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Brotherhood were the guys with the monopoly on pre-war tech trying to use it as an edge to manipulate and control everyone else

They certainly weren't the good guys in the first couple of games

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hey they had the good stuff and they didn't go out and actively massacre people in the first few games which is a lot in the world of Fallout

It's also been years since I played the originals. Rose tinted glasses or whatever I guess

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
The "suicide mission" in FO1 wasn't supposed to be serious. The guys at the entrance were telling you to gently caress off. If you watch the talking head, you can see Cabbot stifle a laugh while he's making up the quest. The fact that you're a naive moron fresh out of a Vault is why you actually consider going to the Glow. And it's not like they hadn't taken anyone in before. Paladin Rhombus says the elders just suspended training new recruits until the threat of invasion was over. Once you show them just how dire the threat is, they join you in assaulting the Master's base.

In FO2 they were cooperative with the fledgling NCR, though there were some tensions. The unused Van Buren script had them in conflict, and then NV made them far more insular and paranoid than they had ever been before. The Capital Wasteland chapter was the total opposite and lost the flavor in an entirely different way. If the FO4 BoS is a bunch of insular fascists, that's an even weirder departure considering the east coast BoS were the most open of the bunch.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Come play Fallout Tactics with me, and see the Brotherhood gently caress up Chicago.
Drivable vehicles! Deathclaw team-mates!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Come play Fallout Tactics with me, and see the Brotherhood gently caress up Chicago.
Drivable vehicles! Deathclaw team-mates!

Plus you can hire Riddick as a squad member

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Been playing Fallout Tactics, and something made me think of the Judge Dredd storyline "the cursed earth", specificly the Burger Wars gangland encounter.
MacDonalds Mauraders vs the Burger Kings

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to beat the first map of They are Billions at 22% come hell or high water today, goddamnit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
metal gear survive demo sucks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I'm going to beat the first map of They are Billions at 22% come hell or high water today, goddamnit.

I almost got it at 30% but hubris and half a dozen banshees were my downfall

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I almost got it at 30% but hubris and half a dozen banshees were my downfall

game owns, i probably would have won but i just had to send my army out to waste dudes and got half of them killed

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I died to a wave at day 86 because I had decided to hold off installing zapper towers on my west side until I had built up another series of houses. I had a raid on my west side, and my gang of 20 veteran snipers were currently covering my southern expansion zone. Unfortunately, by the time they had gotten to the western wall the first layer of stone was already gone and the second was at half health. They couldn't hold it off.

Mother. Fucker.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh, and once I get a gang of like 20-24 snipers up to veteran status, I'm turtling in hardcore until I get like a pack of 6 Titans that can then go clear out the rest of the map.

In fact, I'm just going to turtle more period.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah, I more or less turtle and slowly expand. Every time I try to rush expansion I seem to wind up letting a couple slip through and then it's all over.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Are the shock towers any good? I’ve only ever used the ballista and the executor ones.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Shock towers are exceptionally good. While they have a high energy cost and a recharge rate, they gib everything except special zombies in one hit, usually resulting in 30+ zombies getting turned into creamed corn at a time.

I just beat the first map at 22%. To unlock map 3 it's 60% difficulty :stonk:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

resulting in 30+ zombies getting turned into creamed corn at a time.

Welp, clearly it’s time to reassess everything I’ve been doing.

Is my base supposed to take up the entire map by the final wave? Maybe I’m not thinking big enough.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I usually identify chunks at a time that I can absorb with minimal built defenses. Sometimes I might clear out 1-2 packs of zombies before I set down roots and secure the area. 4-8 snipers until I finally reach the point I want, then it's two Great Ballista and a Shock Tower, protected by two layers of walls. No gates. After day 100, I upgrade everything to Executors (they're hella expensive in upkeep, don't do this early) and get two Thanatos + a tower with 4 snipers. When the final wave gets announced, I spend all my remaining gold/iron on wire traps before my walls.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Weird that I'll replay System Shock 1 given the slightest nudge, but once was enough regarding System Shock 2.

Rocket skates.
psychedelic stims
cyber modules discovery & upgrades
the audio logs
edward diego getting chumped 3 times by you*
fully 3rd cyberspace with lovely wireframe modeling
rear view camera module(v.1 is a lovely webcam, v6 is realtime hd)
unique resurrection mechanic
the garden levels
methamphetamine stims that speed up your reaction time 500% percent
everything energy based uses your internal energy battery (headlamp module/personal shield/rear view camera/energy weapons/rocket skates)
being able to overload energy weapons
instant internal battery recharges from power stations
the hud minigames

*if you use mines, 2 of those encounters will just be hearing his deathscream as SHODAN teleports his bitch-rear end away for more cybernetic upgrades/resurrection.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Yo dude play Terminator Future Shock that poo poo was bad rear end back in the day. I think it was the first fps I played where you could get in vehicles.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Easily the best Terminator game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Yo dude play Terminator Future Shock that poo poo was bad rear end back in the day. I think it was the first fps I played where you could get in vehicles.

You never experienced Daggerfall riding a horse cart with the levitate spell.