Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Second is fine. Third is not good but at least didn't somehow suck out any charisma Chris Pratt has and have dinosaurs literally talking to each other in complex sentences and basically served as the most product placement driven movie I've ever seen. Seriously, the Jimmy Buffett restaurant??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I left Chicago less than halfway back was I was a teenager because we thought it was annoying and boring as gently caress, but Jurassic World and Cabin Fever are the only two movies I've watched to the end in a theater where I was actually pissed off having paid for them

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
My pet peeve is that apparently the sensible alternative of "high heels" is "flats." Nobody should be wearing flat shoes, they look terrible and will destroy your feet. As far as running and jumping, I personally would do a better job in my tallest, wobbliest shoe than in flats. How about a sensible boot heel with some arch support?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

MisterBibs posted:

legitimate things in the vein of overly sexualized ... (of which footwear is inherently and implicitly not included, since it's footwear)

: laugh track : you're loving insanely naive if you think people don't sexualised footwear

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jurassic World was the only movie I saw in theater where I thought it was total poo poo and everyone else I saw it with thought it was good and I felt like the nerdy rear end in a top hat bringing the experience down afterwards making GBS threads on it. It was pure 90's random action trash like Water World or any other poorly placed together poo poo but I've come to realize that's probably why they liked it. Flashback to their youth or whatever when every summer blockbuster was guaranteed to be a dumb as gently caress unself-aware action movie

I've only seen previews for it and the sequel but all they made me feel was a burning desire for raptor guy to be eaten by his raptors and as far as I know hat doesn't happen so it's definitely a trash movie/franchise.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JW was a fun movie imo and I’m sorry you didn’t like it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I love Jurassic Park 2. Everyone in that movie knows they are in a ridiculous plot, they have zero reason to go to that island. Also Pete Postlethwaite owns the gently caress out of his scumbag hunter role. There's also a scene where the T Rex is rampaging around a city and a bunch of japanese businessmen are running away.

Just... look at the contempt on his face here. He's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seCERpBIcSo

Jurassic World was just an empty husk of nothing.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Jan 19, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
can you at least agree that a child couldn't kick a raptor (the version depicted in the movie at least) like that without basically bouncing off and getting eaten

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's really nothing compared to hiring Chris Pratt to be in your movie and making him completely boring

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's dumb to have to use the phone for stuff like ordering takeout in 2018 instead of an online menu. The vocal phone call is a massive inconvenience for most things it's still used for.

Just took my business to a different local italian place bc just clicking some buttons is so much easier than "the address? sir you are breaking up... can you spell the last name? *repeats entirely wrong order*.... no no ok the card number..."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I believe online orders usually cost more. Yelp charges the restaurants 12% of the order to use their system so if you want the food to be cheaper then pick up the phone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Radio DJs talking over song intros. I have never understood what the point of this is unless they're squeezing in more advertising like a ticket giveaway or something. Today I heard a DJ talk over the entire intro to The Spirit of Radio. Like, motherfucker, do you think people listen to Rush for Geddy's voice and can take or leave the instrumental sections?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Radio DJs talking over song intros. I have never understood what the point of this is unless they're squeezing in more advertising like a ticket giveaway or something. Today I heard a DJ talk over the entire intro to The Spirit of Radio. Like, motherfucker, do you think people listen to Rush for Geddy's voice and can take or leave the instrumental sections?
What I've heard is that it started as a way to discourage people from taping songs off the radio instead of buying them, and at this point it's probably just the way it's been done for so long that no one thinks to change it.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Socks that look black at 7:00am in your bedroom are actually navy blue in the cold light of the office. Why did you deceive me, socks?

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

People who park on the street despite having driveways. It's always a chain of parked cars, especially down a narrow street. Why don't you use the driveway next to your goddamn house so more than one car can fit on the street?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Especially when they don't even pull over to the curb to park, and instead just bring their car to a stop in the middle of the street and abandon it there.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not so much a peeve but a lifestyle thing I'll never get - when people online mention being able not to shower as a perk, or sitting in the house in their underwear. I've always found that sort of thing really uncomfortable, I can't relax properly until I'm showered and dressed - showering wakes me up and gets me in the right mindset to do poo poo, and if I don't shower I feel gross most of the day until I do. Also I get cold easily so sitting around in my underwear is a no go. Hell, even if I'm feeling sick, a shower helps me feel better because for a short time I smell like soaps instead of disease. Waking up while sick is like having morning breath but it's coming from your entire skin. Just a constant low level smell that just makes it worse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Henchman of Santa posted:

This. They’re tempting you with the song but they just won’t shut up. And it’s never the good DJs either, it’s always the weird, lovely ones, usually talking about their life or some poo poo. gently caress off.

On that note, the alcoholic DJ on our classic rock station that constantly talks about getting drunk. I am in a huge city and this is the main classic rock station but this DJ is just talking about beers or whatever while an awesome song is starting up. Just shut the gently caress up, I don’t care how you’re going to get wasted this weekend. So this peeve, on top of the one of DJs talking over songs, is people bragging about getting wasted when they are just CONSTANTLY doing it. You’re over 40 and supposed to be a professional AND TALK ABOUT MUSIC; stop.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:53 on Jan 20, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

BioEnchanted posted:

Not so much a peeve but a lifestyle thing I'll never get - when people online mention being able not to shower as a perk, or sitting in the house in their underwear. I've always found that sort of thing really uncomfortable, I can't relax properly until I'm showered and dressed - showering wakes me up and gets me in the right mindset to do poo poo, and if I don't shower I feel gross most of the day until I do. Also I get cold easily so sitting around in my underwear is a no go. Hell, even if I'm feeling sick, a shower helps me feel better because for a short time I smell like soaps instead of disease. Waking up while sick is like having morning breath but it's coming from your entire skin. Just a constant low level smell that just makes it worse.

I definitely agree about the showering part. Even just a quick one will make you feel so much better.

The underwear part is something I do, mostly so I don't have to get a whole set of clothes "dirty" (I don't like to wear the same shirt/pants twice in a row even if I haven't done anything all day). That's solely a "while I live alone" thing though - people who do it in front of other non-spouse people are kind of gross. I used to have a roommate who would only wear underwear whenever he was home, even when I had company over and was a major peeve of mine (and yes, I did ask him not to and he'll listen for a week or two but he always went back to doing it all the time).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

I believe online orders usually cost more. Yelp charges the restaurants 12% of the order to use their system so if you want the food to be cheaper then pick up the phone.

Most delivery places have their own inbuilt system that is identical to ordering over the phone. Obviously places like Pizza Hut, but also the local italian chain I ordered from. Several of the local chinese and thai places, it's no longer a huge expense to have a rudimentary online ordering system and it makes the whole process more convenient. Also frees up a front-end person from having to stand around answering the phone and entering the order.

BioEnchanted posted:

Agreed. I can skip a shower for a day but any more than that and I feel gross as hell, and even then I'm putting on clothes, deodorant, brushing my teeth. Not smelling and wearing comfy clothes is my minimum requirement for a good day of sitting on my rear end posting or whatever.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Jan 20, 2018

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My days off involve more, longer showers. Usually chemically impaired.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

can you at least agree that a child couldn't kick a raptor (the version depicted in the movie at least) like that without basically bouncing off and getting eaten

no

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Seventh Arrow posted:

Socks that look black at 7:00am in your bedroom are actually navy blue in the cold light of the office. Why did you deceive me, socks?

I guy at work once turned up in one black shoe and brown. Serves him right for having the same style.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dysgenesis posted:

I guy at work once turned up in one black shoe and brown. Serves him right for having the same style.

Ugh, the one day I showed up for a double-shift at a restaurant wearing one work shoe with insoles, and the other a flat dress shoe. I still feel it, years later.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
I bought cheap steel-toed boots for my first job and the sole peeled off the boot due to mud-suction at about 9am, and my boss wouldn't let me take twenty minutes to go change into other footwear, and just continued to yell at me for not knowing the difference between pine and spruce lumber.
And that's my 20 year old-pet peeve about bullying in the workplace and having uncomfortable feet.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

So what is the difference between pine and spruce lumber?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'd drat well live in the shower if I could.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
People who somehow take up the entire aisle with their grocery cart.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Dysgenesis posted:

You tell me:

Not only was I brand new at the job, but it was also pouring, but some of the wood was sheltered and dry, and it was all jumbled up. But because he could tell the difference (somehow/maybe), everyone should be able to tell.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Oh I see, Spruce is a little paler, so if in the rain that could gently caress with the colours and make them look very samey.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

Showering is vital but being able to be naked in your own home is the whole point of having your own home

nakedness loving owns and if i could i'd probably go naked in public sometimes

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Dysgenesis posted:

One is made of pine and the other is made of spruce

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Serge Painsbourg posted:

People who park on the street despite having driveways. It's always a chain of parked cars, especially down a narrow street. Why don't you use the driveway next to your goddamn house so more than one car can fit on the street?
One of our dumbfuck neighbors has had two large vehicles parked on the road right up to the edge of our driveway, well onto our property, for months now. They literally have not moved, not even after we got a foot of snow (more at the foot of our driveway when the plows had to maneuver around the vehicles). The law clearly specifies a 48-hour limit on street-parked cars, but the abandoned-vehicle division of the local PD just shrugs at my complaints. Another of their vehicles is parked across from our driveway, although it disappears overnight when its driver takes it to work. They have a two-car garage and a two-car driveway. It's real fun trying to drive down our street (especially if someone is happening to drive from the other direction at the same time), much less get into or out of our own driveway.

Our other dumbfuck neighbors have a two-car garage and still park their loving cars on their driveway. People would kill for garages in this weather/climate!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Showering is vital but being able to be naked in your own home is the whole point of having your own home

nakedness loving owns and if i could i'd probably go naked in public sometimes

This past year I went skinny dipping with mixed gendered strangers for the first time and went to a gay/lesbian oriented nudist camp 4 times. Can confirm: it owns and the nervousness goes away within like 5 minutes and it's not even really a sex thing 99% of the time. Went canoeing naked alone on beautiful summer days. Owned

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Jan 22, 2018

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

This past year I went skinny dipping with mixed gendered strangers for the first time and went to a gay/lesbian oriented nudist camp 4 times. Can confirm: it owns and the nervousness goes away within like 5 minutes and it's not even really a sex thing 99% of the time. Went canoeing naked alone on beautiful summer days. Owned

That sounds cool as hell

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HEll yeah freely peeping dongers and titties. Livin the life, my friend

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That sounds cool as hell

Do it. It's cool and it rules. Getting up at 7am and just walking around in 85 degree heat naked walking a trail is awesome, if there's anything around you that allows that

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

That sounds cool as hell

It is. I’m lucky enough to live in a large nudist community and pretty much never have to put on clothes unless I’m going to work or going to the store. 🤗

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hirayuki posted:

Our other dumbfuck neighbors have a two-car garage and still park their loving cars on their driveway. People would kill for garages in this weather/climate!

Probably because their garage is so crammed with junk that they can't fit their cars in there. That always kills me: $1,000 worth of useless junk crammed in the garage, and a $40,000 SUV/luxury car sitting outside in the elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Agreed. I can skip a shower for a day but any more than that and I feel gross as hell, and even then I'm putting on clothes, deodorant, brushing my teeth. Not smelling and wearing comfy clothes is my minimum requirement for a good day of sitting on my rear end posting or whatever.

Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of being lazy as gently caress on Saturdays and skipping the shower, but goddamn if I don't take one Sunday morning after I can start smelling myself.

Writer Cath posted:

People who somehow take up the entire aisle with their grocery cart.

I encountered a ton of that this weekend. I figure it was because it was above freezing for the first time in the last two weeks. Not only did it seem like everyone was blocking entire aisles, they were rude as gently caress, and had 3 kids that were just running around the aisles.

One lady let her kid hang off the front of the shopping cart like a masthead, with how fast she was barreling around corners and how much everyone was a loving rear end in a top hat, it's a miracle that kid didn't end up hitting another shopping cart.