Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Someday we are going to see a Congressman Goku, maybe even a Senator Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Star Man posted:

One of the students at a reservation school I substitute at told me that her family's real family name is Kills Enemy From Behind, but the Mormon missionaries made her grandfather change his name to something else.

Tell her to change it the hell back.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yeah, the guy's a pretty big manchild. I love them both to death, don't get me wrong, they helped me pay my bills when I lost a paycheck from getting hernia surgery, but naming your kids after anime is pretty hosed up.

Unless it's Goku and Vegeta. They are literally the only acceptable anime names.

Ash and Misty would be absolutely acceptable in most of america

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yeah, the guy's a pretty big manchild. I love them both to death, don't get me wrong, they helped me pay my bills when I lost a paycheck from getting hernia surgery, but naming your kids after anime is pretty hosed up.

Unless it's Goku and Vegeta. They are literally the only acceptable anime names.

Kamehameha

Though that would be more of a family name.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Tell her to change it the hell back.

I don't think it would fit on most most legal forms of ID and a lot of multi-word names tend to get compressed into a single word. It would end up looking like Killsenemyfrombehind and is twenty characters long. Though there is a teacher there whose last name is Comes at Night. I wonder what that looks like on his driver's license.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Dreaming of the day this comic becomes real.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Can't believe you're making GBS threads on Maximillion and Tristan like this

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shugojin posted:

It's this kind of poo poo that leads to people naming their son Pnurtis

Please don't DOXX me, dude.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe you're making GBS threads on Maximillion and Tristan like this

Goddammit now I have YGO Abridged stuck in ny head again

Also I apologize for the anime name derail

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Congressman Goku, known as Kakarot to his associates.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Shugojin posted:

It's this kind of poo poo that leads to people naming their son Pnurtis

If it stops one more person being named David, I'm in.

Crabtree posted:

Would be delighted to vote against him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
For all you idiots out there giving your kids dumb names, please at least give them a normal middle name for a fall-back when they decide the unique spelling you picked out or the anime character you were in love with turns out to be really stupid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nine-gear crow posted:

Really, the hosed up part is that they named their kids after characters created by a literal neofacist Japanese nationalist.

When you think about it a Titan is just a banker. So greedy, he doesn't even chew up the little people for sustenance, just to feed an unfillable pit in his stomach.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My son is also named Goku

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I want weed to not be legalized just so president Goku can pound his fist on the desk and demand it despite what congress says

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Breaking news on Fox News: Woman inherits Houdini's broach. I guess absolutely nothing else is going on in politics.

Edit:

Breaking news, a sports team won or lost, and a guy ran into a pole.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 22, 2018

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Star Man posted:

I realize that a name like Amanda or Erika is just as made up as a name like Lakynn, but what the gently caress is that even from?

Amanda and Erica come from latin

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

A contentious mayoral runoff between incumbent Dingo Egret and challenger Rocketbilly Redcadillac.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Vesi posted:

Amanda and Erica come from latin

You sure? Erica sounds like the feminine of "Eric" which is Norse.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
Speaking of stupid names, "Barron Trump" appears to be named after his dad's imaginary PR person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4b8fd786702f

That strikes me as very "Name your kid after your D&D character."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BarbarianElephant posted:

Speaking of stupid names, "Barron Trump" appears to be named after his dad's imaginary PR person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4b8fd786702f

That strikes me as very "Name your kid after your D&D character."

That’s been known for at least two years now, maybe more. Donald is, surprise, not good at naming things.

For example, the namesakes of all of his kids are:

Don Jr - Himself
Ivanka - His favourite ex-wife
Eric - (we don’t talk about Eric, okay)
Tiffany - His favourite jewelry store
Barron - His favourite PR sock puppet persona

Even when it comes to giving his kids names, Donald Trump was lazy and just sprang for the last thought that was in his head at the time he was asked for a name.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Crabtree posted:

Would it be racist if he was he was called a monkey / ape and he was white?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Well, the only person I know who calls him that is Freeza, and Freeza's a huge loving space racist already so... Yes?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

seiferguy posted:

I dunno, what party does Senator Frieza belong to give context to that image?

So I heard from some old woman at work that THE SHUTDOWN IS BAD BECAUSE TWO SOLDIERS ARE GONNA BE FINED MONEY FOR EQUIPMENT THEY DESTROYED WHILE THEY DIED, FINING THESE SERVICEMEN THE MONEY THEIR WIDOWS DESERVE, ALONG WITH ALL THE REST OF THE MILITARY NOT GETTING PAYED BECAUSE DEMOCRATS SHUTDOWN and I'm wondering if this was something fox aired, was in a tabloid or she just fever dreamed this up today because google's coming up with nothing on this.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

HootTheOwl posted:

For all you idiots out there giving your kids dumb names, please at least give them a normal middle name for a fall-back when they decide the unique spelling you picked out or the anime character you were in love with turns out to be really stupid.

see also Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

see also Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg

And his siblings
Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg

Mary Anne Charlotte Emma Rees-Mogg

Thomas Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg

Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam Rees-Mogg

Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg

It’s like he ran out of normal names after his third kid. The next one will probably be named Bentley.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hannity is going nuts over the four page FISA memo and also brought us back to 2016 by talking non-stop about Hillary's emails and how the FBI is so corrupt because they wrote the exoneration days before the investigation even began.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

at least 3/4 of the fbi voted for trump so this poo poo always makes me laugh.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hannity is going nuts over the four page FISA memo and also brought us back to 2016 by talking non-stop about Hillary's emails and how the FBI is so corrupt because they wrote the exoneration days before the investigation even began.

He's been doing this for a while.

That memo is not classified and as I understand any congressman could read it into the record any time they want.

edit:

And this would get lost in the other threads but something I don't understand about DACA is that doesn't the constitution say that if you're born in the U.S. you are a citizen? How is this negotiable?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 24, 2018

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BiggerBoat posted:

That memo is not classified and as I understand any congressman could read it into the record any time they want.

edit:

And this would get lost in the other threads but something I don't understand about DACA is that doesn't the constitution say that if you're born in the U.S. you are a citizen? How is this negotiable?

I thought Nunes' memo was highly classified?

I view it as a honeypot scam. GOP goes "RAH RAH RELEASE MEMOS FBI SUCKS" in conjunction with russiabots et al, knowing it's bullshit that'll wither under the lightest scrutiny. Dems get tired of seeing the IC get wrongly maligned by bullshit, actually release/leak it to prove how bullshit it is. And then GOP can go on about leaking dems, try to play politics there. And if no Dems release it, well it's still a fine rallying point to muddy the waters.

RE: DACA - the whole point is that dreamers were NOT born in the USA, they were brought over while very young and effectively only have ever had the US as a home. They are as American as anyone else, just not by birth, which is why it's so political unpopular to kill DACA.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ice took a doctor into custody who's been here for forty years. he doesn't even speak polish.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

all they do is listen to polka and steal jobs

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Pander posted:

I thought Nunes' memo was highly classified?

Apparently you're right. I stand corrected. I was lex to believe that it could be read into the congressional record by anyone that wants to.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/01/devin-nunes-wont-even-show-his-infamous-memo-to-the-justice-department/

As to my other point, the constitution is pretty clear that if you are born on US soil, you are a citizen. Period.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but give Trump and the GOP a minute to get past this whole "people who were brought here as children and have known nothing but this country" thing. They'll get back to "anchor babies."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

Apparently you're right. I stand corrected. I was lex to believe that it could be read into the congressional record by anyone that wants to.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/01/devin-nunes-wont-even-show-his-infamous-memo-to-the-justice-department/

doesn't matter trump could declassify it if it was so damning. it only works for these psychos if it remains unseen.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BiggerBoat posted:

edit:

The DACA kids are foreign born but were brought to America as infants.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The DACA kids are foreign born but were brought to America as infants.

Well, I'm learning a lot tonight.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
I think Democrats overestimate how many people know what the gently caress DACA is. I've heard people who think it means open borders, I've heard people who thought that people brought to the USA as minors already have the right to apply for citizenship, should they so choose.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm learning new things about the depths of depravity that representatives in my state will stoop to:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That has to be the laziest goddamn Trojan Horse image