Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

The amount of studies that keep claiming diet soda/artificial sweeteners are bad for you are finally getting to me. I don't think they give you cancer or literally rot your brain but at this point I can't drink them anymore without feeling guilty. They probably aren't any better for your body than regular soda which is the whole reason I originally switched to them, though now I just prefer the taste.

I just don't know what the gently caress to drink instead of them though (don't say water).

Try carbonated flavored water. Some of them taste pretty close to popular sodas. Not La Croix though unless you like cat piss flavored soda.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Coconut water is a good low-additive low-sugar quenchy option as well

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Refrigerator brewed tea is stupid easy: put some teabags in a pitcher of water (mint and other herbs also recommended) leave for 8 hours.
works with any tea or tisane blend.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ultraklystron posted:

You can drink LaCroix or other flavored but unsweetened sparkling water, or there's Zevia, a soda flavored with stevia which is calorie free and a plant extract, or sweet drops which are flavored stevia drops. Those all tend to be acquired tastes though.

Since we're all fear mongering about scary zero calorie drinks

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/09/nobody-knows-what-natural-flavors-go-into-lacroix-sparkling-water.html

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Try carbonated flavored water. Some of them taste pretty close to popular sodas. Not La Croix though unless you like cat piss flavored soda.

I love me some seltzer, I go through a 2L bottle of it every week or so in the summer, you can get just about any flavor you want too. Or get unflavored and add fruit juice. It's been so long since I've had actual soda that I hate the super-sweet taste now (unless there's liquor involved).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

lol, nice

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Internet Kraken posted:

The amount of studies that keep claiming diet soda/artificial sweeteners are bad for you are finally getting to me. I don't think they give you cancer or literally rot your brain but at this point I can't drink them anymore without feeling guilty. They probably aren't any better for your body than regular soda which is the whole reason I originally switched to them, though now I just prefer the taste.

I just don't know what the gently caress to drink instead of them though (don't say water).

Same, that mix of caffeine + sugar + carbonation is an addiction. Using a carbinator machine doesn't even come close. But for me it's just regular Coca-cola.

I've been drinking a ton more water lately tho. But I've gotten kinda sick of sweet tea and green tea is no replacement for either that or soda.

(Yes I will die young, that is a good thing)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just drink malt vinegar.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Drink beer

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Drink the blood of your enemies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Drink the blood of your enemies.

Too much cholesterol.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Nice screen name (it's laser time,) also of course. Oh well, I drink coffee, which is simultaneously the best and worst depending on the study, I'm sure what weird oils are used to flavor LaCroix are the least of my problems.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ultraklystron posted:

You can drink LaCroix or other flavored but unsweetened sparkling water, or there's Zevia, a soda flavored with stevia which is calorie free and a plant extract, or sweet drops which are flavored stevia drops. Those all tend to be acquired tastes though.

You could, but you shouldn't.

Really going ahead and replacing the Thing That Is Bad For You with an another thing almost but not quite like it doesn't seem to work.

Everything in your post has its own potential health effects. How severe are they, really? gently caress knows, our data's poo poo.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today's Zelda isn't worksafe (if you're an american:smug:):https://imgur.com/SCqzvmw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:unsmith: thanks for the Zelda, I needed it.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda isn't worksafe (if you're an american:smug:):https://imgur.com/SCqzvmw

Lmao

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred posted:

Ironically the guy has no nipples at all so we were one artist slip away from a work safe comic.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

just drink something with natural sugar, it has no calories or glutencose

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Government shutdown, time to check politoons

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rowe:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They don't even need to sparkle. There was a study released a bunch of years ago about how mineral water, being exempt from many of the regulations controlling tapwater quality, contained far higher levels of potentially harmful substances like lead. The one that stuck with me is that the brand Badoit contains fifty times the legally permitted level of uranium.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any toon about this natural metaphor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Katt posted:

Ironically the guy has no nipples at all so we were one artist slip away from a work safe comic.

Also he wears some particularly heavy makeup to bed

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Zelda exists in a world where all Scandinavians are descended from particularly rubicund lawn gnomes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

Also he wears some particularly heavy makeup to bed

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

These cartoons are going to age just as well as those anti-MLK ones.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

The marching Women of the West ignore the sexist, anti-woman, and abusive rule of the Iranian dictatorship.

Labels: demonstrations, hijab, Iran, Islam, Islamism, Political Correctness, Pussy Hat, Women

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I bet Kirshcen is marching day and night to help the women of Iran

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Iranian women don't wear burkas. If you wear a burka in Iran, people will think you're an Arab or an Afghan. They do wear headscarves, but they do not hide their faces.

On the other hand, while we're talking about sexist, abusive, anti-women policies...

http://jewishcurrents.org/the-oppression-of-women-in-israel/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/19/israeli-women-fight-hardliners-for-right-to-appear-in-public

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

:lol: is this mspaint poo poo actually published anywhere

e: beveragechat: "Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?"

e2: I also wanted to quote that JRRose and tell him he fails cartooning forever. That loving newspaper.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 21, 2018

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If you fail to condemn every single instance of oppression against women everywhere in the world at once, you're obviously a hypocrite.

Shithead.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Technowolf posted:

I'll assume that's French for "Righto, what's his name, then?"

Sorry, I was using google translate to just have "Who's that?", because I doubt anyone in the real world even knows who the fucker is in the US let alone France.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The school cat - Chris Riddell on asset stripping in academy trusts"

Sunday Telegraph:

US government shutdown: anniversary of Trump inauguration marred by chaos

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Momentum founder elected to NEC calls for Labour transformation

Gerald Scarfe:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ketchup on his burgers, is there no limit to his odiousness?!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If you fail to condemn every single instance of oppression against women everywhere in the world at once, you're obviously a hypocrite.

Shithead.

Ergo how can Kirschen care for the lives of Israelis but not Palestinians (or all Jews, for that matter).

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Ketchup on his burgers, is there no limit to his odiousness?!

There's a sliding scale from cheap to expensive where Ketchup on a burger tastes awful, like fast food dollar menu burgers, then tastes okay, Chili's/Dining burgers, then goes back to just ruining the burger once you start getting more fancy/artisanal burgers.

Sorry I just really wanted to talk about burgers for a second.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
:black101:

give 'em hell, Momentum

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

As a kid I'd drown my steaks in A1 sauce, and now I understand why my father doesn't love me :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pants Donkey posted:

As a kid I'd drown my steaks in A1 sauce, and now I understand why my father doesn't love me :smith:

Same, but now I realize it's because my dad likes steak well done