Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

still lolling at that

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Just beat super metroid for the first time. Such a great game, holds up remarkably well for 23 years old.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you can mod the snes classic to add more games from various consoles. this might be one of the most perfect gaming items ever created

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah, anroid ftmfw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bolverkur posted:

you can mod the snes classic to add more games from various consoles. this might be one of the most perfect gaming items ever created
A stock Wii can emulate everything under the sun and also play Wii games and Gamecube games and you can get one with like 12 controllers for $40.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Are GameCube controllers still super rare and expensive? I think I have a couple stored away but i hope they were not disposed of by my parents.

Wouldn't mind hooking up the wii for some Mario sunshine eventually.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

my morning jackass posted:

Are GameCube controllers still super rare and expensive? I think I have a couple stored away but i hope they were not disposed of by my parents.

Wouldn't mind hooking up the wii for some Mario sunshine eventually.

nintendo made a bunch of new ones for wii u smash

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
But then they stopped making them, and new ones cost $50 now.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

A stock Wii can emulate everything under the sun and also play Wii games and Gamecube games and you can get one with like 12 controllers for $40.

you fuckin idiot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

you fuckin idiot

He's not wrong. a snes box is just running an emulator off a phone chip or whatever.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah and softmodding a wii is so easy now that even i’ve done it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

if you think its about that then you can go and connect your pc to your tv

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

wii homebrew emulators output 240p over composite and it has the Classic Controller, making it the best emu box ever. 8- and 16-bit era games look literally indistinguishable from the real thing. gently caress off

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 22, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GameCube posted:

yeah and softmodding a wii is so easy now that even i’ve done it
What's a good guide to this? I have an old wii with component cables and could easily get a CRT tv.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's a good guide to this? I have an old wii with component cables and could easily get a CRT tv.

all you need is a copy of Brawl and an SD card. i think theres a brawl-less method too but everyone has a copy of Brawl.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell it still works on the Wii inside Wii U's because its completely unaltered system OS in there. So if you have a Wii U you can play pretty much every nintendo game ever made.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

You don't need Brawl if you use Letterbomb. It's extremely easy, I think only PSP is easier to hack

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there a decent psx emulator for the Wii or Wii U

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a decent psx emulator for the Wii or Wii U

Bliim

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

all you need is a copy of Brawl and an SD card. i think theres a brawl-less method too but everyone has a copy of Brawl.
I don't but can get one. I got the Wii way after its lifespan and it didn't come with anything. My mom bought it for Wii Fit and never used it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mycophobia posted:

wii homebrew emulators output 240p over composite and it has the Classic Controller, making it the best emu box ever. 8- and 16-bit era games look literally indistinguishable from the real thing. gently caress off

wipe your tears baby youll get a snes classic mini from nintendo one day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't but can get one. I got the Wii way after its lifespan and it didn't come with anything. My mom bought it for Wii Fit and never used it.

You don't need it, you just need to put some stuff on an SD card and do this:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/LetterBomb

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Thinking about getting bravely second on sale, but didn’t you all mention that bravely default was better? Second is available for about half the price so if it’s not significantly different I’d rather save the money

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

second is still really good, it's better in some ways and worse than others (the original mostly has cooler classes, for example). definitely catch up on the story from Default though because it's basically a direct continuation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Second more but its a toss up really. If you liked default Second is just more game of a very, very similar type.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre basically identical to me but second is a little better and has some nicer bosses. i like them both a lot anyway

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i could never do the combos, im blaming the game and im calling it cheating.

i played it on pc and i think at least when it originally came out the timing/input was off just enough to really screw with trying to hit those, i could never get more than 2 or 3 in a row. was still able to beat it but yeah it'd be nice to go back and have it work right

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

wipe your tears baby youll get a snes classic mini from nintendo one day

being able to, with minimal effort and money, play basically any console video game released before 1996 with near 100% accuracy in their proper display modes should be the wet dream of anyone who actually cares about old games e.g. obviously not you. so maybe get your know-nothing noob rear end back to Games

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bolverkur posted:

uh... what is it about then

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

uh... what is it about then

the fact that the SNES Classic Mini, Nintendo’s latest release, is even more epic than previously thought, which should be a source of great joy in every true Nintendo fan’s heart. if you cant see that then you got problems

mycophobia posted:

being able to, with minimal effort and money, play basically any console video game released before 1996 with near 100% accuracy in their proper display modes should be the wet dream of anyone who actually cares about old games e.g. obviously not you. so maybe get your know-nothing noob rear end back to Games

I already have a softmodded Wii and oh - all the SNES consoles. I think a poster that cant find joy about Nintendos latest epic creation, a homage to their greatest console, without sperging about his optimal emulation method needs to gently caress right off back to the Games cesspool. We enjoy and embrace Nintendos win here :xbone:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

More peripherals only this time they're made of actual garbage. Looking forward to the same 12000 identical bearded faces reviewing these on youtube

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the snes mini is retarded

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

the snes mini is retarded

what tghe gently caress

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

yall got some brain disease issues you need to consult your doctor about

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I didn’t like the SNES mini at first but then I got one so now I like it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I didn’t like the SNES mini at first but then I got one so now I like it.

I liked it and then I got one and I still like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i like old rpgs but im happy enough playing them on a 3ds. i was just a tiny kid when the ps1 came out so i never had a snes or anything older than a psx so i cant say crt or anything like that matters too much to me. but i understand the appeal