Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
he was researching pizzagate is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Jose posted:

From the gbs thread

astounding

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

From the gbs thread
i'm literally The Dude and you're Walter in this scene right now ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZR58d77a4A&t=86s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Following up from the convo about women in the white supremacist movement the other day. One way to illustrate this is to focus on a single person.

From what I can tell, with hatred of women being such a big part of the new generation post-gamergate, even more than previous far right movements, there are not many of them. But there are women who are involved, and who are not one of the handful of female neo-Nazi Twitter celebs like "a wife with a purpose." The women I'm talking about seem to be mixed up with the more traditional neo-Nazi subculture -- which also might say something about the difference between these two groups, though they might overlap.

This DFW-area person was doxxed by a truly bizarre blog called "politicallyincorrectusa." (Tagline: we're sick of PC bullshit!")

In any case, the blog posted pics of her wearing a Nazi uniform along with her wedding pictures with a Portuguese skinhead. She was married in an Asatru ceremony and was the cover girl for one of the priest's books on Asatru spirituality:

She had apparently escaped a bad relationship in 2015 based on a local news article about 911 response times. (It sounded like cops saved her life.) Anyways she traveled to Charlottesville where she was lugging a big camera, I'm assuming for intel-type stuff. I've posted about her once before but I think she's interesting as a micro look at how women participate on a level beyond being baby-making machines for these guys. They have more agency than I think we tend to assume.

She rolled to Virginia with the Texas contingent, which met up in a Target parking lot in Texarkana and traveled in convoy.

The only one who doesn't have his face blurred out is Azzmador from The Daily Stormer, most well-known for being interviewed by Vice. Most of these guys are Vanguard, though, and this was before Vanguard cracked up. It's a reasonable assumption that the core of what's now Patriot Front is in that photograph. She's visible because of her tattoos. (She's also posted Patriot Front stuff on her Facebook, though that doesn't necessarily mean she's a card-carrying member.)

As an aside, in 2016 there was an incident at a bar called Double Wide, which is like a redneck-themed bar (more of a gimmick really) and concert venue in Dallas that hosts punk, rock and metal shows. A scuffle broke out between two guys and a biker who had an SS patch. The biker's defense was that the SS patch did not have a neo-Nazi connotation in the biker scene. The Dallas Observer, a liberal-ish alt-weekly in town, published an article about it with the headline 'Social Justice Warriors' Nazi Smear Prompts a Pre-emptive Protest at Double Wide.'

The Observer saying basically that the two guys jumped the gun on accusing the biker. Well, I do kinda feel like the SS patch might just be a generic biker thing. Anyways, she rallied to the biker's apparent cause, whatever that cause is, as on the same weekend of this incident, she gave Double Wide a positive review on the website BirdEye! Makes me wonder if the local fash subculture started gravitating to the place after that, although I don't know if they did.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Jan 21, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ague Proof posted:

just found out Posobiec started off as a Game of Thrones blogger

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/773145748846239744

lol why sansa. i would think these dipshits would be jerking off to littlefinger or even stannis(rip)

Jose posted:

From the gbs thread

lol, what a shock.

Office Pig posted:

i’m more referencing this
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/955169542757666816
like yeah it’s absolutely fodder for horseshoe types but this is an unbelievably bad look

that sucks :(

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've never felt much affection for Manning so meh. Better to know about her now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've never felt much affection for Manning so meh. Better to know about her now.

same, i didnt like her at all, but i have been warming up to her alot in that last year but thats slipping pretty fast right now.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For some reason I don't think she's going to win a Senate seat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

For some reason I don't think she's going to win a Senate seat.

well, no poo poo. i am just trying to figure out why she did it. it seems like such a dumb move.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Manning is whatever but lmao at the people implying she's a facist nazi Russian plant.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
social media has made people so brokebrained that they see one picture from some dipshit liberal and immediately move a name into the "evil. bad. scum" camp

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Manning is whatever but lmao at the people implying she's a facist nazi Russian plant.

yeah, i dont understand that one. but then again i think 2016 broke alot of centrists brains.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jose posted:

From the gbs thread

Stav, no!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Taintrunner posted:

social media has made people so brokebrained that they see one picture from some dipshit liberal and immediately move a name into the "evil. bad. scum" camp

she did an escape room with jack posobiec

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i dont understand that one. but then again i think 2016 broke alot of centrists brains.
Here's the thing: I don't like, super follow whatever Manning is up to. I guess I have a generally positive association with her but I didn't even know she was running for senate. I don't particularly have a dog in this race...

...but I feel like a lot of the vitrol thrown at her from a centrist and center-lib position is that even for people who don't support transphobic laws and poo poo, an openly trans person has to be loving immaculate to gain traction, and Manning certainly isn't that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well, no poo poo. i am just trying to figure out why she did it. it seems like such a dumb move.

She makes bad decisions.

In other news St. Joseph, MN got flyered a few days back.

There's been quite a bit of racial tension between Somalis moving out of the Twin Cities and into parts of greater Minnesota. St. Cloud is more or less the point where outstate rednecks and the greater Twin Cities meet, so it's no surprise that this poo poo is popping up. I'd guess high school or college kids, but I don't know much about it and I've never heard of St. Cloud State having a "White Student Union".

I know that Identity Europa was around town because friends and I went around trashing propaganda that they were leaving up in coffee shops. They also did a banner drop at the Mall of America early last month, but I haven't heard much else.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really care about Chelsea Manning tbh.

One more white nationalist girl. This one is the ex-girlfriend of William Fears of "what about the memes" fame. Remember he is currently being extradited to Texas for unknown charges distinct from the charges he faces in Florida for being an accomplice to attempted murder after (allegedly) egging on his friend to open fire on anti-fascist protesters.

Anyways her Facebook profiles (she has two) is full of alt-right stuff and Jordan Peterson stuff. She's cute and 22 so obviously she gets hundreds and hundreds of friend requests constantly from the usual suspects. She has her pick from the Nuremberg rally suffice to say.

She had actually done some IRL activism, popping up at a protest against removing a Robert E. Lee monument (which was later removed). Her and Fears camped out in the park for several days. The other girl from the last post was also at the same protest. There were a handful of people there. And for context, this is like two women active to varying degrees in the Nazi movement in a state with a population of some 28 million people.

Anyways, she did an interview on some extreme right-wing podcast called "Revenge of the Cis" after the breakup with Fears. She says he was abusive, narcissistic, self-centered and that it was getting worse. "It never really got physical," although it was "escalating" and that he had "knocked me across the face," pinned her down, choked her and threatened to kill her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1Z3yERrTM

One of the podcasters says, "well at least you were dating a handsome white nationalist!" What's interesting is that this podcast is an alt-right podcast but talked about how the movement is rife with power-hungry sociopaths. Of course it is, but you rarely hear them say that. The comment section seems to have it really out for her, though, with all kinds of allegations.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Jan 22, 2018

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:thunk:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha. Sure, why not? William Fears was one of the better looking guys in a movement not known for its lookers. I mean they're competing with the likes of Mike Enoch and Christopher Cantwell here.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Alt-right guys hate prominant alt-right women bc the movement is deeply rooted in misogyny and a woman who's not popping out aryan babies is a race traitor, is my impression?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't see it

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

PetraCore posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

Alt-right guys hate prominant alt-right women bc the movement is deeply rooted in misogyny and a woman who's not popping out aryan babies is a race traitor, is my impression?
Like I said, I think women in the movement have more agency than we tend to think. But yeah pretty much and a lot of these girls get beat by their Nazi boyfriends.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Jan 22, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

She makes bad decisions.

In other news St. Joseph, MN got flyered a few days back.

There's been quite a bit of racial tension between Somalis moving out of the Twin Cities and into parts of greater Minnesota. St. Cloud is more or less the point where outstate rednecks and the greater Twin Cities meet, so it's no surprise that this poo poo is popping up. I'd guess high school or college kids, but I don't know much about it and I've never heard of St. Cloud State having a "White Student Union".

I know that Identity Europa was around town because friends and I went around trashing propaganda that they were leaving up in coffee shops. They also did a banner drop at the Mall of America early last month, but I haven't heard much else.

great, that probably means my school will get hit soon. last year around the same time, we got hit by similar flyers. the school tore them down and told them to gently caress off though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hahahaha. Sure, why not? William Fears was one of the better looking guys in a movement not known for its lookers. I mean they're competing with the likes of Mike Enoch and Christopher Cantwell here.

Cantwell at least got in shape compared to his days as a 230-pound libertarian comedian, and going from that to being a nazi is kind of a lateral move, morally speaking.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a guy in the grocery store the other day wearing a black hoodie with a gold "A" and the words "Austrian School of Economics" printed on the back. I kinda soyboyed out for a second, to myself.

He was a white dude and his girlfriend/wife was black, so if he becomes a WN that'd be strange. They were both very large. I bet he has crypto.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This was actually an agonizing choice. I had to go with Peterson because all of his fans don't understand what he's talking about, and outside of his lane in psychology Peterson doesn't know what he's talking about either. Shapiro's fans at least understand the material, even if it is stupid.

Shapiro's fans are mostly Fox News grandpas, all of his clout is from wingnut welfare.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dmitri-9 posted:

Shapiro's fans are mostly Fox News grandpas, all of his clout is from wingnut welfare.

yeah. shapiro is younger and dumber version of the old hard rights ideals.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I saw a guy in the grocery store the other day wearing a black hoodie with a gold "A" and the words "Austrian School of Economics" printed on the back. I kinda soyboyed out for a second, to myself.

He was a white dude and his girlfriend/wife was black, so if he becomes a WN that'd be strange. They were both very large. I bet he has crypto.

That dude 100% started his own crypto.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

That dude 100% started his own crypto.
I bet I could track him down with a plane equipped with an IR sensor. Fly over town and look for a house at night giving off an unusual amount of heat: 50/50 odds of being this dude's Bitcoin mining house. If not that, a grow op connected to the Cartel del Golfo.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Dmitri-9 posted:

There's young Shapiro fans but they're enormous weenies.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Like I said, I think women in the movement have more agency than we tend to think. But yeah pretty much and a lot of these girls get beat by their Nazi boyfriends.

idk, I think what you're observing is an extremist group that hasn't had an evaporative cooling event in a while. the next time poo poo goes bad for their group, it's gonna be the activist women under the most pressure...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LordSaturn posted:

idk, I think what you're observing is an extremist group that hasn't had an evaporative cooling event in a while. the next time poo poo goes bad for their group, it's gonna be the activist women under the most pressure...
Well and to your point, speaking of pressure, look at the comments in that video. It's a bizarre scene though.

Story: This antifa had been mixed up in their younger life with some criminal neo-Nazi types. A lot of drugs in that world (particularly meth). Managed to get out / became a leftist. The antifa believed that women can often be power players in these scenes and are the ones to really be afraid of (like internally, within the movement). If you look at their social media profiles there are little armies of neo-Nazi guys acting like puppies. These guys are misogynists, but plenty of them are capable of landing themselves in state prison for the sake of some tradgirl with a vendetta.

Whether that was a misogynist stereotype of women playing men off each other, or not, I don't know. But the antifa would sit there while flipping through these women, and get real quiet and just say, "dangerous..." *flips to next pic* "dangerous..."

Then smiling, looking at me: "Dangerous!"

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Jan 22, 2018

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

The Acaps seems to have basically split between going Hoppeian/alt-right and "Democrats are the real racists!/I don't see color" anti-racism. There's a dude in my town who is hardcore ancap, ran for Congress (and actually got 8% iirc), and even attended the Mises Institute summer camp or whatever, and he regularly is trashing Trump and the alt right. Ditto for my old friend from high school who's also a big Austrian Econ/Rothbard dude.

The split seems to be between guys who got into HBD/race realism and the "classical liberal" folks who are hardcore individualists. There's the whole "scratch a libertarian, find a fascist" thing, but there does seem to be a line that needs to be crossed before they go over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/955226777009491969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, the plot thickins.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

but then: https://twitter.com/CorruptDropbear/status/955229263090696192

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wait, so people were freaking out that Chelsea Manning is buddies with the alt-right because of a picture that MIGHT be her?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Well and to your point, speaking of pressure, look at the comments in that video. It's a bizarre scene though.

Story: This antifa had been mixed up in their younger life with some criminal neo-Nazi types. A lot of drugs in that world (particularly meth). Managed to get out / became a leftist. The antifa believed that women can often be power players in these scenes and are the ones to really be afraid of (like internally, within the movement). If you look at their social media profiles there are little armies of neo-Nazi guys acting like puppies. These guys are misogynists, but plenty of them are capable of landing themselves in state prison for the sake of some tradgirl with a vendetta.

Whether that was a misogynist stereotype of women playing men off each other, or not, I don't know. But the antifa would sit there while flipping through these women, and get real quiet and just say, "dangerous..." *flips to next pic* "dangerous..."

Then smiling, looking at me: "Dangerous!"

Women who join extremist groups are extremely dangerous. Imagine what hosed up things it takes to impress a Nazi or jihadist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LogisticEarth posted:

The Acaps seems to have basically split between going Hoppeian/alt-right and "Democrats are the real racists!/I don't see color" anti-racism. There's a dude in my town who is hardcore ancap, ran for Congress (and actually got 8% iirc), and even attended the Mises Institute summer camp or whatever, and he regularly is trashing Trump and the alt right. Ditto for my old friend from high school who's also a big Austrian Econ/Rothbard dude.

The split seems to be between guys who got into HBD/race realism and the "classical liberal" folks who are hardcore individualists. There's the whole "scratch a libertarian, find a fascist" thing, but there does seem to be a line that needs to be crossed before they go over.

Push comes to shove the Libertarians, by and large, won't be on our side. True Rothbard/semi-anarchist types might see us as preferable to fascists, but I wouldn't trust them for a second.