Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also an ad for jets tickets

good loving luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a new study bible! posted:

I fully expect Bradford to come in and lead a comeback.

We would deserve that

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

what? I remember I heard something about this on the radio and I thought what are they talking about. There was a big rear end fireworks warehouse right across the DE-PA border on 95 that I passed every day going to classes at TJU. Did they ban fireworks from 2013--2016 or something?
You could sell them in PA but you couldn't buy them if you were a PA resident, which is why all of those stores are on the border. It was stupid as hell

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

what? I remember I heard something about this on the radio and I thought what are they talking about. There was a big rear end fireworks warehouse right across the DE-PA border on 95 that I passed every day going to classes at TJU. Did they ban fireworks from 2013--2016 or something?

TNT Fireworks is the place. Fireworks were always illegal for PA residents (except garbage like sparklers), creating an odd situation where they could sell to anyone who wasn't, that changed at the end of the year when the legislature fixed out they could raise revenue.

Now everything allowed under federal law is legal here. :)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

The Patriots just beat a team with both a better D and better O

what, no

Eagles D is just as good as Jags and Foles is much better than Bort

and Doug isn't a u=gutless coward like Marrone

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It is not Nick Foles day

IT'S RUSEV DAY

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

easy d

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Aniki posted:

One of my fundamental problems with Keenum is that he tries to do too much. He's had a lot of success keeping plays alive with his legs, but he's also benefitted from a lot of favorable bounces on high risk plays. On the pick 6, Thielen was double covered with both the CB and S positioned to jump the route, but he forces it anyway because he doesn't like to go past his first or second read. On the fumble, there was a blown block by Morgan, but he also held onto the ball too long and didn't step up to avoid pressure. He's a very frustrating player, who has been able to play at a high level in large part because of lucky bounces and his skill players winning contested balls.

The pass protection has not been great today. Shurmur has done some things to scheme around it with varying degrees of success and I think they need to keep attacking the flats to slow down the rush and open up some chances down field.

The defense has been playing the worst they have all season for the past 4.5 quarters. Poor containment, poor tackling, and just not finishing plays they should have. Their are some depth issues along the DL that exacerbate things, but in general there are mental errors like Barr missing a tackle on 3rd and 6 that lead to a TD.

I do think that the D can get back on track, but they really need to start forcing turnovers to help erase a 3-score lead. Keenum put them in some awful positions, but they still weren't finishing the plays they had to.

Fixing the defense, is really about discipline and taking away big plays, which is what the D is built to do. On offense, they need to use quick underneath passing to open things downfield. They also need to ride Jet in the running game, since Philly is susectible to giving up big plays on the ground and Jet is the more explosive of the two backs. Keenum to calm down the high risk throws, but unfortunately he's wired to take throws that a more cerebral QB wouldn't make, so we may just need to hope things start bouncing his way again. He's really a product of skill players like Diggs and Thielen bailing him out on contested passes.

Just feels like the defense either can't consistently get pressure or when they do can't finish the pressure. I mean that TD pass to Alshon was an amazing play from Foles but also just a terrible outcome considering Griffen had him in his grasp.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Pederson is an aggressive enough coach that he won't let up the gas against the Patriots like every other loving team that plays them. If Foles and the offense can keep this level of play going, we might not embarrass ourselves against New England.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't wait for Nick Foles to ball out against the best defense in the league and then turn into a pumpkin in the Super Bowl!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm all about maple syrup in Scotch or whiskey tonight

Pray for me

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sham badford

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sponges posted:

I’m glad we ended your season

That said if you guys play the Pats in the SB I’m rooting for ya

How did your team end mine's season?

How in the gently caress are we playing the pats in the SB?

Watch football before you post.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 22, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
People are really overestimating the Patriots.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what, no

Eagles D is just as good as Jags and Foles is much better than Bort

and Doug isn't a u=gutless coward like Marrone

Eagles D is not as good, but fortunately Foles is about 10 Times better than Bort so he more than makes up for it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wow

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

i understand where you're coming from but ARE YOU SURE

slax0r
May 7, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Pray for me

Why would you do this?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Please God Foles is okay

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Please be okay Foles :ohdear:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

super bowl mvp seinfeld

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Pray for me

man the gently caress up and drink some burbon son

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do the Eagles stand a loving chance against the Pats? I'm utterly broken by sports.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

NATE SUDFELD!!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Friends, I'm drinking some good gin right now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the eagles are actually bad, which is why they keep winning

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kawalimus posted:

maybe because everytime someone underestimates them, they win a super bowl

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Super Bowl MVP Nate Sudfeld

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
When do we see Bradford?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

How in the gently caress are we playing the pats in the SB?

Watch football before you post.

Your biggest hiderance was Capers and now he’s gone. You have the best QB in the league. Learn your poo poo, bitch

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

The Patriots just beat a team with both a better D and better O

Jaguars O is nowhere near as good as Phillys. Wrs on tge eagles are crazy good, plus foles is netter than bortles

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Friends, I'm drinking some good gin right now.

lies there is no good gin

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Pederson is an aggressive enough coach that he won't let up the gas against the Patriots like every other loving team that plays them. If Foles and the offense can keep this level of play going, we might not embarrass ourselves against New England.

To be fair, Dan Quinn tried to keep the pedal down in the Super Bowl last year and had Ryan keep airing it out, and it ended... poorly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Terrence Newman is till playing

wow

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Chinatown posted:

man the gently caress up and drink some burbon son

Yeah I'll just go and grab the car and drive out for some bourbon right now, that's the best and smartest thing I could possibly do

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

*Tom Brady silently stares at this post while eating avocado ice cream*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nice

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Athanatos posted:

maybe because everytime someone underestimates them, they win a super bowl

They were only ever underestimated in 2001, and rightfully so.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Eagles will lose 40-10

Follow your heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

slax0r posted:

Why would you do this?

Why Would you not?

• Locked thread