Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180118-secrets-of-getting-good-sleep-on-a-plane

hey! this article might be good! i always sleep like poo poo on overnight flights!

”Brian Kelly is the type of traveller almost unheard of among frequent flyers – a rare breed who actually enjoys sleeping at 30,000 feet.”

:monocle: what an oddball! how’s he do it?

”I get great sleep on planes. I like travelling first class to Asia and Australia because I can get a full sleep-cycle in, I will sleep for eight or nine hours,”

:fuckoff:

this is every dumb blog post passing for news now

secret to x is be rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

secret to x is be rich

i really should’ve seen it coming.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

secret to x is be rich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJoBUBYs0N8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean combining the hotel room and the long flight isnt the worst idea

if i could book a late night flight and get one of those japanese sleep capsule hotel rooms on the way, i would be 300% happy

i just hate ~lifehackers~

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Lifehack for hypotension! Eat snacks and drink water so you don't faint all the time.
Life hacked!

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 22, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i think my favorite one from the old life hacks thread was "use bird netting to keep birds off your plants"

haha, i'm using this commercial product to perform the function for which it is sold! lifehack!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

yeah I assume they put it there to be like “yo there’s other good paintings just turn around jfc”

my goodness

wild how it's in such good condition after being plundered twice

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i think my favorite one from the old life hacks thread was "use bird netting to keep birds off your plants"

Hey, I'm beepin here!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

just saw lewis black, p. good

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is there a lovely tiny app that will just lock the screen with a tap for ios6?

asking for a friend

me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cls finally remembered to use my stubhub funny money, got some tickets to go see vgk play tuesday night

first time i'll have been to a sporting event actually :newlol:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Ciaphas posted:

cls finally remembered to use my stubhub funny money, got some tickets to go see vgk play tuesday night

first time i'll have been to a sporting event actually :newlol:

i saw the lakers play in the old times, when shaq and kobe were dominating

the promortion on the ticket was if the lakers scored 100 pts you'd get a coupon for a free chalupa at taco bell. in the last minute of the game they were beating the atlanta hawks by about 98-69 and the entire arena was chanting CHA-LU-PA, CHA-LU-PA. it was fun

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: monday morning, and everything's broken :toot:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cjs: my cron job didnt work. i wrote a shell script to encapsulate that python call, and now it works...

..because this time around i remembered to insert a newline at the end

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

chanting CHA-LU-PA, CHA-LU-PA.

plz dont post my daily lunchtime ritual.

:mad:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also, gorditas were where it’s at. chalupas are nothing but johnnys-come-lately to the taco bell canon in my book.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
the dunkin donuts i go to no longer stocks onion bagels :smith:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/955421068684087296

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cps: Linux's dad is running for president.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: just got a phone call from "Scam Likely"? :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

Scam is short for Scamela.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

dsyp!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

cps: Linux's dad is running for president.

wat?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Current Politics Status: Nils Torvalds is running for president of Finland.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Current Politics Status: Nils Torvalds is running for president of Finland.

quote:

Torvalds is fluent in Swedish, Finnish, English, German, Russian and he also understands Dutch, Danish, Italian and Norwegian

quote:

On 11 June 2017, the Swedish People's Party chose Torvalds as the party candidate for 2018 presidential election.[10] His campaign emphasized his image as a provocative[11] innovator and contrarian, with themes such as education and languages, being suspended for two weeks from school, Linux,[12][13] NATO membership, colourful socks[14][15][16]

:eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eh, he is in zzs ep block :nallears: still better than your current govt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cjs: our coworkers from russia office are visiting and one of them skyped my colleague today to ask if we won't have spare laptops to lend them for a visit :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

eh, he is in zzs ep block :nallears: still better than your current govt

He really wants Finland to join Nato and I don't want Russia to do a Crimea on Finland because I live in Finland you see. I'm OK if they just take Helsinki though.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

prefect posted:

who's your carrier? t-mobile's been doing that for over a year now

they have: scam likely, nuisance likely, informational call, and known nuisance or something like that. you can tell them to automatically filter all the scam calls which has been really nice for my sanity

as an added bonus it also blocked some of my last client's webex call centers for some reason

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Jerry Cotton posted:

He really wants Finland to join Nato and I don't want Russia to do a Crimea on Finland because I live in Finland you see. I'm OK if they just take Helsinki though.

i wasn't aware of any russian naval bases in finland

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

i wasn't aware of any russian naval bases in finland

what do you think aland is for

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rex-Goliath posted:

who's your carrier? t-mobile's been doing that for over a year now

they have: scam likely, nuisance likely, informational call, and known nuisance or something like that. you can tell them to automatically filter all the scam calls which has been really nice for my sanity

as an added bonus it also blocked some of my last client's webex call centers for some reason

it is, in fact, t-mobile. pretty nice of them :)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
jerry how would you feel if the swedes took over again

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bump_fn posted:

jerry how would you feel if the swedes took over again

their submarine fleet was recently reduced by one, so this might be delayed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what do you think aland is for

stay safe jerry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cjs:

Due to a lapse in federal funding and the uncertainty of when Census Bureau staff will be able to return to work, the Chicago Region is cancelling all LUCA training workshops scheduled for the week of January 22, 2018. This includes in-person workshops as well as webinars. We regret the inconvenience. We will reschedule the cancelled LUCA training workshops as soon as we are able to return to work.
Geography Team
Chicago Regional Office
U.S. Census Bureau
1111 W. 22nd Street, Suite 400
Oak Brook, IL 60523
(630) 288-9245
chicago.geography@census.gov

census.gov
Connect with us on Social Media

mwah mwah mwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i know this is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow but the republicans are going to deliberately gently caress up the census so hard

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

i know this is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow but the republicans are going to deliberately gently caress up the census so hard

they're off to a good start! aside from the actual counts, it doesn't get much more ground floor than our level of involvement.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

prefect posted:

i get at minimum five of these a day. its super cool there's nothing i can do about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SmokaDustbowl posted:

smoke weed and watch this for sunday afternoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIW79ULErTg

i would murder a lot of people to live like this