Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mango Polo posted:

I'm super looking forward to meeting Toland and finding out he's really just a pretty nice, chill guy who needs our help super bad and really saying he was exiled is maybe a bit harsh he just kinda liked the hive sauce a bit much so everyone agreed he should take some time off but then people started those weird rumors of him being a bit cray cray which is silly because Toland is a super normal guy and

did you hear his voice in that one D1 mission, he's the kind of guy who brings a tea set to a kegger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mazerunner posted:

did you hear his voice in that one D1 mission, he's the kind of guy who brings a tea set to a kegger

Dude has the Pepperidge Farm remembers voice

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

And then it turns out that he got exiled because he warned everybody about the Vex too hard and his followers were assholes.

Actually Osiris sounds cool and probably really good looking and has lots of sex when you describe him like this

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf-DoNLax8Q

Datto suicide watch

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://youtu.be/izGk-VWB4vE

Everyone is preparing for death.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Never in my wildest imagination did I think Bungie would somehow gently caress up D2 to such a degree.

People who are responsible seriously need to be fired. The meetings and internal discussions about the player numbers and dwindling twitch/youtube engagement must be pretty rough.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I genuinely like a small amount of this dude's content but for real "I have dedicated 4 years of my life to this game and it sucks so bad that none of you will watch me play it anymore" is one of the 5 funniest things ever posted on youtube, but to his credit at least he didn't start crying.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Lets check the theory book again a pick a random one...

#Theory 55.

Bungie separated parts from Microsoft because they where bored of making the same game again and again. Now they are forced to release more and more Destiny and they are bored of Destiny.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEaOktY9pRM

drat even Byf is pretty loving over all the BS.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

In a way it's actually kinda cool to see a community so big give Bungie the finger and ditch the game because of how badly they've handled everything about it. It sucks for people whose livelihood relies on regular fresh content but maybe seeing the game tank so severely will be the kick Bungie needs to actually try and fix things. I don't think the remaining community will be big enough to keep things going via Eververse whales so something will have to give eventually. Or maybe Bungie is planning on riding things out and unveiling a TTK-styled expansion at E3 with minor tweaks exaggerated to claims of having listened to feedback until people realize a week after launch it's the same old.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bungie needs their own version of the Elite Task Forces that Massive had for The Division. Basically get people all over the world ranging from Youtubers to random message board people, fly them out to Bungie, have them sign NDAs, and get their direct feedback over a few days. Like one guy whose Division hype channel turned to complaining about the game so much Massive had cut off ties with the guy, but they swallowed their pride and brought him in to help fix the game.

The cost of Bungie flying some dorks out to their studio for a few days to sit in a conference room and play some test builds is peanuts compared to most of the stuff game studios spend their money on. They have nothing to lose.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

They have their pride, however far that takes them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Roman posted:

Bungie needs their own version of the Elite Task Forces that Massive had for The Division. Basically get people all over the world ranging from Youtubers to random message board people, fly them out to Bungie, have them sign NDAs, and get their direct feedback over a few days. Like one guy whose Division hype channel turned to complaining about the game so much Massive had cut off ties with the guy, but they swallowed their pride and brought him in to help fix the game.

The cost of Bungie flying some dorks out to their studio for a few days to sit in a conference room and play some test builds is peanuts compared to most of the stuff game studios spend their money on. They have nothing to lose.

They do this, and as far as I can tell they don't put much stock in the opinions of the people that come play their game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well so much for that then

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

minor tweaks exaggerated with claims of having listened to feedback until people realize a week after launch it's the same old.

Ill save you the trouble of wondering. This is the answer.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
tired: Destiny is dead and gay
wired: more people are playing the game right now than played during pretty much all of D1 Y3 including the Age of Triumph, i don’t think Bungie is really torn up about anything

watching youtubers who put literally all their eggs in a single basket hit the loving panic button is hilarious tho, i feel bad for some of them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

tired: Destiny is dead and gay
wired: more people are playing the game right now than played during pretty much all of D1 Y3 including the Age of Triumph, i don’t think Bungie is really torn up about anything

watching youtubers who put literally all their eggs in a single basket hit the loving panic button is hilarious tho, i feel bad for some of them

Yeah the guy who made that Reddit thread you’re pulling those numbers from scraped the Destiny tracker api for them, whereas the other guy who looked at the actual direct destiny api doesn’t have the same take on player counts.

Also, the guy who scraped destinttracker didn’t even know that the numbers he got back were including D1 players as well, lol.

Finally, you mean a 3 year old game that required multiple expansions to have been purchased to actually do anything maybe had smaller numbers than a 4 month old game. Oh word?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah the guy who made that Reddit thread you’re pulling those numbers from scraped the Destiny tracker api for them, whereas the other guy who looked at the actual direct destiny api doesn’t have the same take on player counts.

Also, the guy who scraped destinttracker didn’t even know that the numbers he got back were including D1 players as well, lol.

Finally, you mean a 3 year old game that required multiple expansions to have been purchased to actually do anything maybe had smaller numbers than a 4 month old game. Oh word?

yeah man i just can’t be happy unless there are four million people playing the game, that’s the only way i can get hard anymore

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

yeah man i just can’t be happy unless there are four million people playing the game, that’s the only way i can get hard anymore

I guess my point is I don’t think Bungie is happy. They were probably super :stoked: for a while and have been slowly rolling down hill and now I bet there is some insanely tasty finger pointing going on over there. Spicy even.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I can't help but feel Byf missed an earlier communciation step of "Tell the players about what's going on in the game."

Instead we get the pattern that starts with :

Diminishing XP returns on certain farmable activities to try and limit loot cave-type grinding --- Don't tell us, make the XP meter lie about it.

Changing how tokens drop in Faction Rally because of exploits (and presumably wanting people to focus on Cru and strikes?) --- Don't tell us.

And ends with "Sorry you noticed." As opposed to say, telling the community and letting the changes influence play choice of activities.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mango Polo posted:

I'm super looking forward to meeting Toland and finding out he's really just a pretty nice, chill guy who needs our help super bad and really saying he was exiled is maybe a bit harsh he just kinda liked the hive sauce a bit much so everyone agreed he should take some time off but then people started those weird rumors of him being a bit cray cray which is silly because Toland is a super normal guy and

How many characters are left for Bungie to ruin like this at this this point? I'm sure if we ever see them again Varicks and Petra will be turned into a bumbling buddy cop duo. Eris is halfway there with Cayde, and I honestly don't remember anyone else who hasn't become a Whedonesque endless quipper.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

galagazombie posted:

How many characters are left for Bungie to ruin like this at this this point? I'm sure if we ever see them again Varicks and Petra will be turned into a bumbling buddy cop duo. Eris is halfway there with Cayde, and I honestly don't remember anyone else who hasn't become a Whedonesque endless quipper.

Rasputin.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

He’s next iirc

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Good news! Since Rasputin only communicates in Russian, everything he says will be filtered through everyone's favorite Ghost!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mazerunner posted:

the dam taken strike is the best, cuz even though the taken are the worst, it is just pure 100% combat. Like the enemy density is the highest in the game, and with masterwork weapons you poo poo out supers at almost D1 rates. Also the bit where you go along the outside of the dam is cool.

And the boss is one of the few where you don't need to do any stupid mechanics that pause the battle, you can just burn him down, and it has good music.

My thoughts exactly. I think this is the best strike.

All the bosses with dumb invincibility and invisibility mechanics can get hosed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lemme guess that’s the PS4 only one?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

DrNutt posted:

They do this, and as far as I can tell they don't put much stock in the opinions of the people that come play their game.

Yeah but the thing is D2 played fine for a week and then you saw the endgame.

If i played tested the game for 2 days i would of been mostly pleased.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lemme guess that’s the PS4 only one?

Yeah. It's actually good. Much to my surprise.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yup

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cool, cool

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Top streamer on D2 twitch is running D1 raids because why not, they got 270 viewers closest streamer has 110 viewers. The D1 raid twitch is some random dudes talking poo poo about destiny and cutting up in general. I could hear a bong rip while they were taking down warpriest.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All the big streamers have moved on to fortnite anyway now.

I used to check the trials map via twitch while taking my morning poo poo. Now days it's all fortnite from the dudes I used to follow.

Can't say I blame them. Trials lately is all 1%ers or really bad players and very little in between.

A whole lot of my clan mates seem to play either fortnite or d1 private matches. The balance pass and improvements might change that but I'm not holding my breath.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

I just thought I should warn everyone that if you have an Amazon Echo and if you don't play with a headset that I WILL scream over the party chat for your Amazon account to order a 50 gallon drum of lube.

heh, jokes on you, I've been meaning to order a spare 50.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

Top streamer on D2 twitch is running D1 raids because why not, they got 270 viewers closest streamer has 110 viewers. The D1 raid twitch is some random dudes talking poo poo about destiny and cutting up in general. I could hear a bong rip while they were taking down warpriest.

Oh poo poo I thought I was on mute

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is fortnite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

I could hear a bong rip while they were taking down warpriest.

What about a sound of piss?

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is fortnite

The first of the imminent flood of PUBG clones

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

haveblue posted:

What about a sound of piss?

No piss but alot of vaping

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i havent played this game since ictober and as of last week i keep getting people spamming me now to join my clan which has five people and none of have played forever.

is there some new feature for clans or something?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The free post-campaign bump to level 20 is nice if you complete Red War and hit the tower under that. My hunter got playable fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

texaholic posted:

One of the main Destiny PvP streamers seems to have gone back to playing D1 now. It's crazy how action-packed a single minute of D1 PvP is compared to entire matches of D2 PvP however, and how much better the maps are as well, both in regards to layout and visual design. D2 maps are so flat and bland.