Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Eddie Riggs, from the videogame Brutal Legend.

I had the entirely wrong Eddie in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Andromeda was one of those games where it would have been an ok game if only it hadn't been hitched to a superior IP. Not remarkable, but at least not worthy of ridicule.

This. Andromeda's chief problem was: you went from a trilogy of games in which you were literally the savior of the Universe, to a game where you are basically a space Real Estate agent. That tends to dull the excitement a bit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HaB posted:

This. Andromeda's chief problem was: you went from a trilogy of games in which you were literally the savior of the Universe, to a game where you are basically a space Real Estate agent. That tends to dull the excitement a bit.

Noooo, Andromeda has its own share of standalone problems completely unrelated to being a Mass Effect game.

The writing is piss-poor, the exploration is tedious, and nothing promised in regards to the game's basic premises is remotely true.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/KamuiCosplay/status/950849797744885760
https://twitter.com/ksoa7316/status/950713046074253312

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

HaB posted:

Haha yeah sure that was the problem.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, those knife sword things are sweet.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Gorilla Salad posted:

I had the entirely wrong Eddie in mind.

I would like some Rocky Horror cosplay posts please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spudd posted:

I would like some Rocky Horror cosplay posts please
you betcha

(Emporio Ivankov, from One Piece)

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Jan 10, 2018

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HaB posted:

I meant that it caused the game to be judged in comparison to actual quality games, rather than on its own merits. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't poo poo. It was just so much worse than any of the first three it was impossible not to be continually disappointed by the wildly varying quality of quests, lack of world reactivity, various technical issues, and lack of romancable krogan.

That last one is shared with the original trilogy, it was just more forgivable in better games.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Spider-man and Luke Cage villain (though more Spider-man than Luke Cage).

Albino gang boss that was originally just a regular human badass before power creep demanded he get superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability.

EDIT: He's like, if Ron Perlman was twenty years younger and played Mobius the Vampire in 1980's style leather coat and jean getups.

Oh cool, well thank you for educating me.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

drat! And the AUG thread is closed right now!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

According to the FB page I saw this on, we are looking at Phosphophyllite from Land of the Lustrous
Never heard of it, but I dig the makeup work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Attack on Titan is getting weird.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/xDsrubv.mp4

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

i'm the old-timey clown just out of frame, watching Woody's dance moves jealously

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Perfection.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey did that one goon sell his Jurassic Park Jeep? I saw one driving home in Denver off broadway. Kinda funny to see a rando Jurassic Park car in a car lot.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Hey did that one goon sell his Jurassic Park Jeep? I saw one driving home in Denver off broadway. Kinda funny to see a rando Jurassic Park car in a car lot.

There's one occasionally I see around Long Island, and it looks legit. It's always surrounded by people taking photos. There's also a DeLorean collector around here so in the warmer months you see a lot of OUTATIME.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Miraculous...

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

CelticPredator posted:

i dunno but i pissed on it one night

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TenementFunster posted:

i dunno but i pissed on it one night
did you key it too, that'll show'im

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
An actual content post from me! Don't ask for context. I found this someplace with no explanation. I get a :darksouls:/:bloodborne: vibe from it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Captain Invictus posted:

did you key it too, that'll show'im
nah, boomerjinks probably keyed it himself already so he could lie about it on the internet again so some poor lady at the insurance company could get screamed at by a bunch of nerds

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Samizdata posted:

An actual content post from me! Don't ask for context. I found this someplace with no explanation. I get a :darksouls:/:bloodborne: vibe from it.

That's totally Blooooodborne, hunter.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dreadwroth posted:

That's totally Blooooodborne, hunter.

Never played it. No consoles. The armor had me thinking Dark Souls, the clothing in front Bloodborne.

It did look like some quality work, regardless of where the inspiration came from, so, thus the post.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't recognize the chest piece, but the helmet is Queen Annalise's, which you can't actually wear ingame. They are wielding Ludwig's Holy Blade.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower and the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst (except he has Ludwig's Holy Blade instead of Chikage for some reason)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I don't recognize the chest piece, but the helmet is Queen Annalise's, which you can't actually wear ingame. They are wielding Ludwig's Holy Blade.

That's the Cainhurst Helmet, which you can wear in-game. You can buy it once you have the Cainhurst Badge.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
In my defense, I don't know anything.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In my defense, I don't know anything.

I know less than you do.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i fuckin beat her and went "uhhh, that's like a combat version of the doll right?"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maria was Gehrmann's apprentice, and learned how to Hunt from him. They both participated in the slaughter of the Fishing Village, which Maria regretted afterwards. She threw away her weapons and became a kind of warden of the patients who become blood saints. Gehrmann missed having Maria around so much that he made a facsimile of her, and due to him being disappointed in Maria's decision to stop being a Hunter the Doll is an infantilized child.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
There's a wearable version of it in Dark Souls 3.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Set

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I thought Gehrmann had a crush on Maria, and the Doll was his 'ideal' version of her? Or am I imagining additional creepiness in an already creepy game?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Autumnal Poison Ivy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Autumnal Poison Ivy

A lot of cosplayers like to put their own spin on the characters they are representing, but I really like that one. It actually makes sense.