Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So to recap, Sanders actually did promise something and then did not follow through with it, but that's good because gently caress the Democratic Party. Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So to recap, Sanders actually did promise something and then did not follow through with it, but that's good because gently caress the Democratic Party. Did I miss anything?

I'd change my mind too after me and my supporters got poo poo on by Dems and other shitlibs for over a year. HRC literally blamed the guy for her losing. Why would he want to throw his hat in with that toxic lot?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I'd change my mind too after me and my supporters got poo poo on by Dems and other shitlibs for over a year. HRC literally blamed the guy for her losing. Why would he want to throw his hat in with that toxic lot?

I guess we'll have to see if the Dems will be able to accomplish the work needed to be good enough for His Green Mountain Highness to deign to fulfill his promises, with him acting as an outside cheerleader. :shrug:

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

not particularly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I guess we'll have to see if the Dems will be able to accomplish the work needed to be good enough for His Green Mountain Highness to deign to fulfill his promises, with him acting as an outside cheerleader. :shrug:

This isn't a thing that actually matters.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ill never forgive bernie slanders for this decpetion

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Democrats need to realise; no one actually likes them, they're hated, they're disrespected, and they're covered in poo poo. They aren't entitled to anything but acting like they own the world.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Majorian posted:

This isn't a thing that actually matters.

Never underestimate just how mad people get about the democrats not having Bernie's email list.

Because it is extremely.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I mean it's been a solid year of Dems making GBS threads on him and his supporters, but I don't know if you missed that it's pretty subtle

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Bernie Sanders....broke a PROMISE I scream as tears stream down my face

What do you think him joining the Dems would accomplish? Is it unity? Because that's not going to magically make his supporters vote for establishment Dems, and you might also want to talk about the constant poo poo talking of his supporters by the Dems, which I'm sure hasn't made ant of them fall in love with the party.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
What exactly has he been up to lately, anyway?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Bernie? Minor campaigning and Senate grandstanding, making moderate amounts of noise towards a 2020 run, same as all the other senators.

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Der Waffle Mous posted:

He's pounding nails into a
Hardwood floor and I
Swear to god I heard someone
Moaning low

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Maybe not him in person but the Bernie bros were as eager to spread the Russian propaganda as the Trump supporters and they did. If Bernie couldn't be president then the whole country might as well burn as far as they were concerned.

Bernie bros wanted him to win because they wanted America to have him as president. They wanted Bernie to win because they thought Bernie was a cool guy and they wanted to give him the white house he wanted.

Katt fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 22, 2018

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Katt posted:

Maybe not him in person but the Bernie Bros were as eager to spread the Russian propaganda as the Trump supporters and they did.

Which Russian propaganda was that, exactly? And by what metric are you measuring "were as eager to spread" it as the Trump supporters?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Majorian posted:

Which Russian propaganda was that, exactly?

Ben Gahzi/emails/master assassin Hillary etc

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Katt posted:

Ben Gahzi/emails/master assassin Hillary etc

Yeah, leftists didn't actually spread that poo poo as often as you think they did.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Majorian posted:

Yeah, leftists didn't actually spread that poo poo as often as you think they did.

I'm well aware of the bots who acted as Bernie bros after he lost the primary but I watched several real live ones who did the same routine or turned to the "both sides are equally bad"

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

havalux posted:

He's pounding nails into a
Hardwood floor and I
Swear to god I heard someone
Moaning low

:golfclap:

Seriously though it feels like everyone's been idly spinning their wheels until the next election. In Bernie's case in particular I feel like there's some frustration around the fact that the dude has a insane amount of political goodwill he's been unwilling to or unable to capitalize on.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Katt posted:

I'm well aware of the bots who acted as Bernie bros after he lost the primary but I watched several real live ones who did the same routine or turned to the "both sides are equally bad"

So wait a second, the fact that you encountered a few dipshits on Twitter who claimed to be acting in Bernie's name, conclusively means that the left repeated Russian propaganda as much as the alt-right?:psyduck:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Majorian posted:

So wait a second, the fact that you encountered a few dipshits on Twitter who claimed to be acting in Bernie's name, conclusively means that the left repeated Russian propaganda as much as the alt-right?:psyduck:

You're trying to engage with someone who makes such trenchant points as

Katt posted:

Bernie bros wanted him to win because they wanted America to have him as president. They wanted Bernie to win because they thought Bernie was a cool guy and they wanted to give him the white house he wanted.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Breakfast All Day posted:

You're trying to engage with someone who makes such trenchant points as

Yes, but this is Thunderdome. The place to engage bad posts.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
A salient point, indeed.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Majorian posted:

No I'm talking about the Bernie bros specifically. The people who got caught up in the cult of personality as opposed to the politics. I specifically excluded him in person in my first post.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Katt posted:

No I'm talking about the Bernie bros specifically. The people who got caught up in the cult of personality as opposed to the politics. I specifically excluded him in person in my first post.

How great a proportion of the left do you think Bernie Bros make up? Because it sounds to me like you think there's a lot of them, and...well, there aren't.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Majorian posted:

How great a proportion of the left do you think Bernie Bros make up? Because it sounds to me like you think there's a lot of them, and...well, there aren't.

About 5,79347% give or take but the staff are still running the numbers through the mainframe.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
As far as I know the only dumb bullshitty thing to gain actual traction on the left in the lead up to the convention was Her Emails, Any Day Now and it mostly went away after the convention.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Der Waffle Mous posted:

he had an event with rev william barber last friday but it got postponed due to the shutdown vote

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, I mean I guess you could criticize him for that, though the mistake was more the "promising to join" than the "not joining" (and it's pretty low on the list of things worth criticizing politicians for).

The more relevant stuff is the stuff later in that tweet thread, though. I have never seen someone go out of their way to bring up the Jane Sanders FBI thing or Sanders' tax returns (especially in a context of "WHAT DO HIS FANS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS???") who wasn't a die-hard anti-Sanders/radical left ideologue. It's one thing to think that the Jane Sanders thing could have been legitimate or could have been a problem for Sanders, but it's another entirely to act like it's some damning thing about Sanders himself that his supporters need to answer for (and just lol at the tax returns thing).

Katt posted:

Yeah but this isn't that worth mentioning since there's a faction of literally every prominent politician's supporters who are nutty/bad. In Sanders' case, there'a a small portion of his supporters who are basically the same kind of people who supported Ron Paul in previous elections and do so due to a vague "anti-establishment" sentiment rather than any sort of coherent left-wing ideology. Hillary also has a nutty faction of her own supporters (who actually sometimes have relatively prominent positions in the media/political organizations, so they're still more relevant than Bernie's worst supporters), but I have the sense to realize that the vast majority of people who voted for her aren't like that.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 22, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Democrats are now up 54% favorable on George W Bush.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/955199807257268224

There's no hope, folks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Democrats are now up 54% favorable on George W Bush.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/955199807257268224

There's no hope, folks.

just fyi that's a poll of adults not registered voters or likely voters

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Well that makes me feel a little better but not by much.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah but this isn't that worth mentioning since there's a faction of literally every prominent politician's supporters who are nutty/bad. In Sanders' case, there'a a small portion of his supporters who are basically the same kind of people who supported Ron Paul in previous elections and do so due to a vague "anti-establishment" sentiment rather than any sort of coherent left-wing ideology. Hillary also has a nutty faction of her own supporters (who actually sometimes have relatively prominent positions in the media/political organizations, so they're still more relevant than Bernie's worst supporters), but I have the sense to realize that the vast majority of people who voted for her aren't like that.

Yes fine I'll conceded that point.

Ron Paul is an interesting example because he was almost to McCain what Bernie was to Hillary. This internet phenomena that had all the answers to some very loud people.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

There's no hope, folks.

America was a mistake.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Well that makes me feel a little better but not by much.

imagine how lovely the next republican president will be that trump winds up north of 50% favorable among democrats

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

imagine how lovely the next republican president will be that trump winds up north of 50% favorable among democrats

I doubt this will happen, Bush gets by on his genteel grandfather charm and the mistaken belief he was an unwitting pawn of Cheney. Trump is deeply personally unlikable and corrosive.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Democrats.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lightning Knight posted:

I doubt this will happen, Bush gets by on his genteel grandfather charm and the mistaken belief he was an unwitting pawn of Cheney. Trump is deeply personally unlikable and corrosive.
There is nothing so dumb and wrong that Democrats won't think it. There's a whole thread a few down from this one full of deluded #resistance goofs who've been posting "This is it! This proves Trump is a Russian spy!" once a week for like a year when they aren't busy writing Mueller/CIA slash fiction.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I doubt this will happen, Bush gets by on his genteel grandfather charm and the mistaken belief he was an unwitting pawn of Cheney.

that's very much a product of his post-presidency whitewashing, which trump will receive as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rent-A-Cop posted:

There is nothing so dumb and wrong that Democrats won't think it. There's a whole thread a few down from this one full of deluded #resistance goofs who've been posting "This is it! This proves Trump is a Russian spy!" once a week for like a year when they aren't busy writing Mueller/CIA slash fiction.

I think it’s more likely that Trump is over vilified as some kind of cartoonish mastermind Russian operative that was super smart than rehabilitated and liked by Democrats tbh.

• Locked thread