Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Indecisive posted:

tried the quest to get a 'free' endo statue thing and boy is that time trial at the end a clusterfuck as someone who doesn't know the tricks, took me like 15 attempts to finish it. Got real good at speedrunning the map tho

Get Nova/Nova Prime. Build Speedva/Rangeva. Portal through the trial, done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I just wanna say y'all are the most crazy generous motherfuckers I've played a game with. Tonight alone I got thrown all the Hydroid Prime blueprints, 2 Warframe Slots, 2 Weapon Slots, and all the Limo Theorem Fragments needed for his questline. Plus of course all the newbie welcome package mods.

And then there's the countless Hydron runs, Index runs, and various resource taxis...

Like drat I feel like I've come such a huge way after not even playing a week yet just from all the help and donations. You guys rock. :kimchi:

On another note I have deemed tomorrow (or well today at this hour) Captain Codpiece Day to commemorate Rhino finishing in the afternoon for me to finally play with.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I guess you haven't seen Nidus' crotch yet.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Tenoras only real downside is it requires a bit more forma cause it's not a prime so I think? It starts with no or only one polarity but it's a slick gun and I love the idea of having to reload my machine gun with a DD battery

the forma it requires borders on insanity

a good gun that needs ten million Hydrons to work :negative:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I just wanna say y'all are the most crazy generous motherfuckers I've played a game with. Tonight alone I got thrown all the Hydroid Prime blueprints, 2 Warframe Slots, 2 Weapon Slots, and all the Limo Theorem Fragments needed for his questline. Plus of course all the newbie welcome package mods.

And then there's the countless Hydron runs, Index runs, and various resource taxis...

Like drat I feel like I've come such a huge way after not even playing a week yet just from all the help and donations. You guys rock. :kimchi:

On another note I have deemed tomorrow (or well today at this hour) Captain Codpiece Day to commemorate Rhino finishing in the afternoon for me to finally play with.

use your crystals to make a Sonicor

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I thought I'd try this game out again but first I got to enjoy a 3GB patch, followed by an hour of the game kindly deciding to restructure my file system, which now causes it to crash on launch. So I fix that, re-verify my entire file cache that it just decided it was done shuffling for me, get it working again, try a few passwords because god knows which one I used for this game, forget and reset it, go to log in, and I'm locked out for an indefinite period for trying too many passwords.

What a stellar user experience

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
yeah, that last bit with the passwords is definitely the game's fault

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

My friend has been playing this for weeks now and keeps telling me to join in. I had an account kicking about from ages back, but couldn't remember a thing so restarted.

I'm still very confused about everything and what I should be doing (other than killing mutated freaks) but I've got past the tutorial and I'm at Venus now.

I have signed up for goon fun because I need all the help I can get!

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 22, 2018

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Weeping Wound posted:

the forma it requires borders on insanity
4 ain't nothing, but it's not that crazy.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

WMain00 posted:

My friend has been playing this for weeks now and keeps telling me to join in. I had an account kicking about from ages back, but couldn't remember a thing so restarted.

I'm still very confused about everything and what I should be doing (other than killing mutated freaks) but I've got past the tutorial and I'm at Venus now.

Hop in the Discord, it's always fun hearing from new players and giving them conflicting advice that downward spirals into a 10 minute discussion and ends up confusing them even more!

(I'm not being sarcastic)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hop in the Discord, it's always fun hearing from new players and giving them conflicting advice that downward spirals into a 10 minute discussion and ends up confusing them even more!

(I'm not being sarcastic)

That's me reading in guild chat about spectre factories for MOBA game over the control of Dark Sectors. Cue the idiot savant quote.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

turn off the TV posted:

Here's a weird thing: some Warframes have absurdly high detail/resolution normal maps.

They really do. Check out the bottom of a warframes feet sometime in captura, they're insanely detailed.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Bump this thread every time you take a new frame out of the oven and you get sad because it doesn't have — in the aura slot, and now you have to do +1 forma cycle so tallgeese doesn't get mad at you.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mrmcd posted:

Bump this thread every time you take a new frame out of the oven and you get sad because it doesn't have — in the aura slot, and now you have to do +1 forma cycle so tallgeese doesn't get mad at you.

You don't really appreciate corpro until you try running a pub Hydron and suddenly nothing dies.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Or t5 bounties on the plains. If 3 people at least don't have corpro, I don't even try to kill dropships with my riven'ed specially built gently caress-off gun. It literally goes from unable to kill them before they drop troops off to 1 or 2 shotting them the moment they appear. Of course it usually turns out I'm the only one with it equipped.

Point is: Tallgeese did nothing wrong.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Broose posted:

Or t5 bounties on the plains. If 3 people at least don't have corpro, I don't even try to kill dropships with my riven'ed specially built gently caress-off gun. It literally goes from unable to kill them before they drop troops off to 1 or 2 shotting them the moment they appear. Of course it usually turns out I'm the only one with it equipped.

Point is: Tallgeese did nothing wrong.

To be clear the blame here is with DE for not making every aura slot — polarity.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I built my Valkyr Prime entirely around being pubbie proof during Kuva floods, because even level 100 Grineer are not enough to sway them to bring corpro.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Weeping Wound posted:

use your crystals to make a Sonicor

Actually have one cooking already! Ended up with a crapton of argon crystals the other night and someone pointed me towards a number of guns to make to use 'em up including that one.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I wish somebody'd told me that Argon decays early on. Ended up needing some last night and discovered that I didn't have any! Sometimes this game's complete refusal to communicate important information to the player just baffles me.

Can somebody look over this Gallatine build? Not prime, I'm not high enough MR yet, but I think this will take me there. It relies on sliding crits and 52% status chance to stack up potentially 50-60k dps.
http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_W...3-10/en/4-0-41/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What's a decent weapon to replace newbie staff with? I'll probably be MR3 once I get to that, and don't really want a sword unless it's like a gigantic gently caress-off twohander.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What's a decent weapon to replace newbie staff with? I'll probably be MR3 once I get to that, and don't really want a sword unless it's like a gigantic gently caress-off twohander.

MR 3 is where the awesome fuckoff two-hander sword Galatine shows up, so that's a spot of luck. If you can get Orthos Prime it's fun too. The normal Bo is just a straight, minor upgrade over MK-1 Bo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Flopstick posted:

So, Kuva farming's a pretty loving stupid pain in the arse then. jfc

I've been getting my Kuva from Sorties. Much more fun for me than those loving siphon missions

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Sarsapariller posted:

I wish somebody'd told me that Argon decays early on. Ended up needing some last night and discovered that I didn't have any! Sometimes this game's complete refusal to communicate important information to the player just baffles me.

Can somebody look over this Gallatine build? Not prime, I'm not high enough MR yet, but I think this will take me there. It relies on sliding crits and 52% status chance to stack up potentially 50-60k dps.

I'm not an expert on melee weapons but that's a pretty funny looking build to me. First do you have maiming strike and condition overload? Maiming strike is hundreds of plat to buy if you didn't get it from the acolytes over Christmas. Condition overload is like 60p I think.

Then you have to realize both blood rush and condition overload are conditional buffs. Blood rush doesn't give you any benefit until you get a 1.5x combo counter and warframe builder doesn't properly factor that it. That's only 5 hits so its easy to do by sliding into a crowd but its also important to realize the paper dps is misleading. Condition overload gives 60% damage multiplicity for each distinct status on the target, not counting the procs that that hit causes. To get the most out of it you need to stack as many different procs as you can or again the paper dps will be very misleading. The Gallatine is a big slow weapon so even with a 58% status chance getting multiple procs on a target will take a while. You only have 1 elemental proc and are heavily weighted towards slash so reliably getting more than 2 procs at once will be a lot of hits or relying on frame powers or other weapons to stack procs. Not that you can't use condition overload but its probably not the best choice.

Also mod choice can depend on how you use your melee. If you are using it a lot drifting contact is great since it keeps your combo counter (and thus blood rush) up if have a slight gap in blendering. If you only use melee occasionally drifting contact probably won't be that helpful since your combos will drop anyway. I have a maiming strike zaw that is a murder machine but most of the time its backup to my gun or frame powers so I get more use out of reach than drifting contact. Probably not ideal min/max but I prefer it.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Here are a list of stand-out weapons that are mastery rank 3 or below. With enough investment and the right mods, these weapons can take you through the highest level content.

Assault Rifle: Harpak, Burston Prime*

Bow: Zhuge, Dread (if you can find it as a drop from Stalker), Daikyu

Shotgun: Kohm, Boar Prime*, Strun Wraith*

Pistol: Sonicor, Kunai (or MK1- Kunai), Furis (not for damage dealing), Akmagus, Twin Grakatas, Viper Wraith*

Sniper: Vectis Prime*, Vulkar Wraith*

Melee: Prisma Obex*, Prisma Skana*, Prisma Dual Cleavers*, Mire, Atterax, Twin Basolk, Tipedo

*For whales only, looking to jump start their collection. You'll have to search for these items on https://warframe.market/ and buy them (or their set parts) from other players with plat. So if you purchased Prime Access or a bunch of plat with a -75% off coupon, this is something you can spend that plat on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dahbadu posted:

Here are a list of stand-out weapons that are mastery rank 3 or below. With enough investment and the right mods, these weapons can take you through the highest level content.

Pistol: Sonicor, Kunai (or MK1- Kunai), Furis (not for damage dealing), Akmagus, Twin Grakatas, Viper Wraith*

Melee: Prisma Obex*, Prisma Skana*, Prisma Dual Cleavers*, Mire, Atterax, Twin Basolk, Tipedo

*For whales only, looking to jump start their collection. You'll have to search for these items on https://warframe.market/ and buy them (or their set parts) from other players with plat. So if you purchased Prime Access or a bunch of plat with a -75% off coupon, this is something you can spend that plat on.

I'll take a look, cheers!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

My word, but Ballistica Prime is a godly secondary! Really hoping to score a Lethal Momentum to improve its performance at medium-long range though, since hitting moving targets sometimes takes a few shots. When it hits though, it loving slays.

Dahbadu posted:

Sniper: Vectis Prime*,

*For whales only

:( What's the best non-vaulted sniper currently? Is there an alternative prime around that will outperform Vectis? Because my Vectis is pretty much my best all-round weapon so far.

PS: I really wish DE would take a minute to patch in some special sound effects for 100% silenced weapons. It sounds so disconcerting booming away with a silenced sniper rifle knowing no one can actually hear it.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 22, 2018

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Pipski posted:

My word, but Ballistica Prime is a godly secondary! Really hoping to score a Lethal Momentum to improve its performance at medium-long range though, since hitting moving targets sometimes takes a few shots. When it hits though, it loving slays.

:( What's the best non-vaulted sniper currently? Is there an alternative prime around that will outperform Vectis? Because my Vectis is pretty much my best all-round weapon so far.

Factoring in rivens and unlimited forma (which I do for all of my recommendations), I think the Lanka and Vulkar Wraith are the strongest snipers in the game right now. But that's just my opinion and people have different opinions.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the rubico is your friend

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pipski posted:

regular vectis is really good. vectis prime is overkill. all snipers are overkill, honestly. the Lanka is a vile obscenity used only by war criminals

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, uhhhhhhh, any idea how much I could sell this for?

Unranked:

Maxed:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about Serration drop rate in chat, guys. Thanks again Zyle!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

LtSmash posted:

I'm not an expert on melee weapons but that's a pretty funny looking build to me. First do you have maiming strike and condition overload? Maiming strike is hundreds of plat to buy if you didn't get it from the acolytes over Christmas. Condition overload is like 60p I think.

Then you have to realize both blood rush and condition overload are conditional buffs. Blood rush doesn't give you any benefit until you get a 1.5x combo counter and warframe builder doesn't properly factor that it. That's only 5 hits so its easy to do by sliding into a crowd but its also important to realize the paper dps is misleading. Condition overload gives 60% damage multiplicity for each distinct status on the target, not counting the procs that that hit causes. To get the most out of it you need to stack as many different procs as you can or again the paper dps will be very misleading. The Gallatine is a big slow weapon so even with a 58% status chance getting multiple procs on a target will take a while. You only have 1 elemental proc and are heavily weighted towards slash so reliably getting more than 2 procs at once will be a lot of hits or relying on frame powers or other weapons to stack procs. Not that you can't use condition overload but its probably not the best choice.

Also mod choice can depend on how you use your melee. If you are using it a lot drifting contact is great since it keeps your combo counter (and thus blood rush) up if have a slight gap in blendering. If you only use melee occasionally drifting contact probably won't be that helpful since your combos will drop anyway. I have a maiming strike zaw that is a murder machine but most of the time its backup to my gun or frame powers so I get more use out of reach than drifting contact. Probably not ideal min/max but I prefer it.

Thank you for looking, you may not be an expert but I guarantee you have many more hours of melee'ing than I do. I don't have maiming strike, hadn't looked at the price- that's a bit of a bummer. It seems like it gives +90% to your crit chance, not a 1.9 multiplier, so it is enormously powerful for a weapon with a base 10% chance.

My thought process is that really I'm not building for single target DPS, but for blendering the large crowds I've encountered during survival/defense. A 1.5x combo counter should be really easy to obtain with a weapon that hits multiple enemies per swing. I've got tox/electric/slash damage on there with 58% status chance, so I'm assuming that anything not dead on swing 1 will have at least one and possibly 2 statuses applied for swing 2. The extremely high critical rate will guarantee berserker uptime as well, though now that I think about it Fury is just straight 30% all the time so I may switch out for that.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

Thank you for looking, you may not be an expert but I guarantee you have many more hours of melee'ing than I do. I don't have maiming strike, hadn't looked at the price- that's a bit of a bummer. It seems like it gives +90% to your crit chance, not a 1.9 multiplier, so it is enormously powerful for a weapon with a base 10% chance.

My thought process is that really I'm not building for single target DPS, but for blendering the large crowds I've encountered during survival/defense. A 1.5x combo counter should be really easy to obtain with a weapon that hits multiple enemies per swing. I've got tox/electric/slash damage on there with 58% status chance, so I'm assuming that anything not dead on swing 1 will have at least one and possibly 2 statuses applied for swing 2. The extremely high critical rate will guarantee berserker uptime as well, though now that I think about it Fury is just straight 30% all the time so I may switch out for that.

What if I drop all the other statuses and focus on maximizing slash status and then building combo points/crit off of that?

This looks pretty powerful. Every tick of slash increases combo counter, combo gives crit/more slash damage, crit gives more speed for more slashing and so on. Won't do much off the bat but should ramp up really hard.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sarsapariller posted:

What if I drop all the other statuses and focus on maximizing slash status and then building combo points/crit off of that?

This looks pretty powerful. Every tick of slash increases combo counter, combo gives crit/more slash damage, crit gives more speed for more slashing and so on. Won't do much off the bat but should ramp up really hard.

Keep in mind that with this kind of build you're only going to get up to a 3x multiplier in pretty much any mission in the game. That said, it is definitely pretty strong, I run something similar on the Nami Skyla Prime.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Kohm is one of those guns that compared to some other weapons "out of the box" it may not seem as relatively amazing (although it's pretty solid). The trick to making it "top tier" is to figure out a way achieve 100% sheet status chance. At full spool, the amount of pellets it puts out is pretty much unmatched, and when each pellet is a status proc (weighted towards slash), it becomes a full auto room shredding machine.

Here's probably the best non-Riven build for it:

Group build (4x corpro):
https://goo.gl/wr9fm4

Solo build (playing with pugs that don't bring corpro):
https://goo.gl/nidsqp

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 22, 2018

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Dahbadu posted:

Kohm is one of those guns that compared to some other weapons "out of the box" it may not seem as relatively amazing (although it's pretty solid). The trick to making it "top tier" is to figure out a way achieve 100% sheet status chance. At full spool, the amount of pellets it puts out is pretty much unmatched, and when each pellet is a status proc (weighted towards slash), it becomes a full auto room shredding machine.

Here's probably the best non-Riven build for it:

Group build (4x corpro):
https://goo.gl/wr9fm4

Solo build (playing with pugs that don't bring corpro):
https://goo.gl/nidsqp

Literally this morning I rolled a kohm riven into +status. Cannot get to MR 15 soon enough, I'm incredibly excited.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dahbadu posted:

Alright, so I've settled on Harpak, Sonicor, and Tipedo out of this. Any 2nd warframe recommendations, by chance? I don't want Rhino, and zooming around and spamming lightning bolts on my Volt is pretty fun so far.

E: Also what for Furis then if not killing things?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You can get Nezha from the clan, his whole deal is that he slides really goddamn fast and skates all over the place with lowered friction.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

WMain00 posted:

Beeline for semeni, that's the first great farming spot for newbies, but especially join the clan and beg for free poo poo because it will fall from the sky.

Night10194 posted:

You can get Nezha from the clan, his whole deal is that he slides really goddamn fast and skates all over the place with lowered friction.

You forgot that his most powerful ability is his invulnerability shield? Skater rhino basically. Build for Duration and Power generally.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Night10194 posted:

*opens wiki* ...has speedboost... ...throws fiery thing...

Sounds like a deal. Cheers!