Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Crock pot chicken is one of the worst things in the world.

Do you like dry strings of chicken protein? Do you wish they'd never soak up the liquid you cooked them in no matter how long you let them sit in it? Crock pot chicken is for you!

Sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Crock pot red beans & rice though…

Real talk I love my crock pot. I’ve made gumbo, pot roasts, and my own stock in mine. Load it up in the morning and it’s ready for you when you get home at night.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

No Butt Stuff posted:

Crock pot chicken is one of the worst things in the world.

Do you like dry strings of chicken protein? Do you wish they'd never soak up the liquid you cooked them in no matter how long you let them sit in it? Crock pot chicken is for you!

This is unfortunately true. The only chicken I've had from the crock pot that was almost right was tiki marsala.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Probably Magic posted:

and as always, go Anteaters.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Give me basic crock pot recipe locations. I bought one for a friends wedding and amazon sent two

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm equally an Eagles Patriots fan so sports will never be this sweet again

it actually means you are guaranteed to lose no matter what

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Amy Pole Her posted:

Give me basic crock pot recipe locations. I bought one for a friends wedding and amazon sent two

r/slowcooking is my go-to.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Look up green chili chicken crock pot recipes. Just pick the one that sounds most appealing. I don’t even use a recipe anymore and just eyeball everything. It’s awesome.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I need more veggies in my diet so I am thinking of buying a crock pot and just tossing poo poo in there with chicken and calling it a day for dinner all the time

Can confirm this works pretty well.

Any goons out there shave their heads? I toxxed to do so if the Eagles won but my beard trimmer at home is probably not ideal. If anyone has recommendations I'd be happy to hear. I just tossed a cheapass Wahl haircut kit in the cart for now.

Edit: I'll happily drop my honey mustard chicken recipe here when I get home because it's great and it's dead simple with only 3 ingredients. Go on and guess what they are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Quiet Feet posted:

Any goons out there shave their heads? I toxxed to do so if the Eagles won but my beard trimmer at home is probably not ideal. If anyone has recommendations I'd be happy to hear. I just tossed a cheapass Wahl haircut kit in the cart for now.

Yeah I shave/crew cut my hair because its cheaper than going to a barber and my fro rear end hair resists styling anyways

Literally any shaver works well. The only problem is that Wahl burns out really fast, but if you are doing it once it doesn't matter.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I shave/crew cut my hair because its cheaper than going to a barber and my fro rear end hair resists styling anyways

Literally any shaver works well. The only problem is that Wahl burns out really fast, but if you are doing it once it doesn't matter.

I might keep it up if I like the look. Truth is I'm balding anyway and used this as an excuse to get off the fence. Think I've hesitated for so long because it feels like an admission that I'm middle-aged and my hair isn't coming back. :sigh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit: I'll happily drop my honey mustard chicken recipe here when I get home because it's great and it's dead simple with only 3 ingredients. Go on and guess what they are.

Wahl will do fine, especially if you are just going to re-grow it out. Or are you going all in and you are gonna take a mach-3 to it after and go all the way down?

Also, I'll re-plug my Chicken Giardiniera recipe because it's great and it's dead simple with only 2 ingredients!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I buzz mine because it's falling out. Just get some wahl clippers and buzz it away. And then expect it to break.

I started going to a local barber school, they buzz it and it takes like 15 minutes and costs 4 dollars and still looks way cleaner than I can get it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

My man!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

oh! thank you, I'm shocked I never thought of this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I might keep it up if I like the look. Truth is I'm balding anyway and used this as an excuse to get off the fence. Think I've hesitated for so long because it feels like an admission that I'm middle-aged and my hair isn't coming back. :sigh:

Yeah, honestly the second I started balding I straight shaved my head so I could see what it looked like

Its a pretty good confidence booster if you ever feel weird about losing your hair

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I started playing Saints Row 2 last week and it's fun as hell. Although it does crash occasionally and the autosave isn't frequent enough so I have to manually save each time I do anything I don't want to have to repeat. Also I bought a xbox-style controller (a steelseries stratus xl) and I'm finding it sucks for PC gaming compared to kb + mouse, the aiming is super slow and inaccurate.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Shaving your head and having zero hair maintenance is pretty great. Bonus points if you have a bald head and a beard for next level bad assery imho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Shaving your head and having zero hair maintenance is pretty great. Bonus points if you have a bald head and a beard for next level bad assery imho

That is the look I am experimenting right now

I don't have the courage for full bald yet but I am doing tight crew cut and half-inch beard

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That is the look I am experimenting right now

I don't have the courage for full bald yet but I am doing tight crew cut and half-inch beard

My man. If you do ever decide to take the plunge and shave it to the skin, I would recommend not going a brand new razor fresh out the cartridge, but also not some super dull razor. Use one that has been broke in just a little bit otherwise you may be in for a world of hurt.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the best way to play gta-likes on the pc is with the controller in your lap so you can drive with it.

i remember quitting vice city? at the flying parts

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

beards are the new fedoras

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I started playing Saints Row 2 last week and it's fun as hell. Although it does crash occasionally and the autosave isn't frequent enough so I have to manually save each time I do anything I don't want to have to repeat. Also I bought a xbox-style controller (a steelseries stratus xl) and I'm finding it sucks for PC gaming compared to kb + mouse, the aiming is super slow and inaccurate.

It's a janky game, and done before good PC ports were expected, so yeah, I think there's a modder who fixed a lot of the problems on the PC port.

Was one of my favorite games on the xbox though. The gangs were so good, Neil Patrick Harris as DJ Veteran Child, the insane escalating war between the boss and Maero, the suburban white kids weebing it up on kawasaki motorcycles and lovely katanas.... man what a great game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I am bearded!

Like what's the mark for where the beard ends and the hair line begins though? I don't just want to go with a goatee.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hifi posted:

hot take

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I am bearded!

Like what's the mark for where the beard ends and the hair line begins though? I don't just want to go with a goatee.

I just go by where the ear meets the temple and use that as my line. Though I have seen people go lower and it looks good.

C|

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

This is wrong because I grew my beard out and haven't said m'lady once!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I am bearded!

my hair actually changes color and texture at around ear level so I go with that

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

It's a janky game, and done before good PC ports were expected, so yeah, I think there's a modder who fixed a lot of the problems on the PC port.

Was one of my favorite games on the xbox though. The gangs were so good, Neil Patrick Harris as DJ Veteran Child, the insane escalating war between the boss and Maero, the suburban white kids weebing it up on kawasaki motorcycles and lovely katanas.... man what a great game.

Yeah I've done like one or two of the main story mode quests, and then got sidetracked just running around stealing cars, doing drive-bys, etc. Recently I stole a huge pleasure yacht and cruised it around trying to run over jet skiiers, lol. Also found a record store and spent like 30 minutes sampling all the songs and building my own playlist.

I've got the Steam version, I'll look around a little for mods but basically, the in-game controller setup menu does let you reconfigure buttons and such but they're all listed by button number and I can't find a reference anywhere for what numbers the buttons are on the steelseries, and I can't be assed to sit there for 30 minutes trial-and-erroring it out so gently caress it, I'm doing fine with keyboard anyway. I might return this controller. It's really nice but I'm now zero for three in trying it out with PC games. I got it on sale for $35 so it wasn't too expensive but I usually play strategy games so I'm not sure I need one anyway, mostly I got it for Shadow of Mordor and that didn't work out at all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I have no clue if this is an actual thing or some twitter bs but have at it...

https://twitter.com/DogBiteLaw/status/954211802912641024

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I have no clue if this is an actual thing or some twitter bs but have at it...

https://twitter.com/DogBiteLaw/status/954211802912641024

https://twitter.com/Xxmvr_/status/954990482479767559

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bald with a beard works if you have the right shaped head, a quality enough beard, and the right frame. If you're a fat goonlord, you're probably still gonna look like a fat goonlord.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bald with a beard works if you have the right shaped head, a quality enough beard, and the right frame. If you're a fat goonlord, you're probably still gonna look like a fat goonlord.

Well now I definitely won't be shaving my head, thanks!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also for the love of god trim and shape your beard and mustache. It isn't hard to do yourself, and barber shops will do it for pretty cheap as well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also for the love of god trim and shape your beard and mustache. It isn't hard to do yourself, and barber shops will do it for pretty cheap as well.

Yeah this is the big difference between goon beard and nice beard

Every few days I run the clippers over it to keep it level

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Saints Row 3 and 4 were great. I love that 4 just finally says "gently caress it, here's some super powers" and you basically never have to steal a vehicle again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When I think "bald man with beard" I now think of this:

I like his channel so there's that too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Saints Row 3 and 4 were great. I love that 4 just finally says "gently caress it, here's some super powers" and you basically never have to steal a vehicle again.

4 was great because it showed the secret to a good superhero game is to just let you be a superhero. Like, a good superman game is just being loving superman without any bullshit.

its crazy easy, no one stands a chance against you, and there is no limit to what you can do. It owns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Phone call #1 went well but I'm having some reservations about possibly going to a Sales role, mostly because it sounds like there would be a lot of travel (at least at first) and I'm kind of a homebody. Working from home when I'm not traveling sounds rad though.

No I did not fart into the receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the only thing i find even close to as annoying as MLMs from facebook moms are the incessant whining of pitbull owners about how their breed that was designed to latch on with a vice like death grip is a sweet angel pupper who would never do anything to hurt anyone.