Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the snes classic is neat and playing games in whatever manner you wish is a-ok by me. but I don't like when some insufferably smug noob implies that the classic systems are the clear non-"spergy" alternative to something as trivial as setting up a softmodded wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bolverkur posted:

the fact that the SNES Classic Mini, Nintendo’s latest release, is even more epic than previously thought, which should be a source of great joy in every true Nintendo fan’s heart. if you cant see that then you got problems

it's an android so of course it can do anything that an android can do. idk why this is a surprise to anybody.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

GameCube posted:

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

This

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

mycophobia posted:

the snes classic is neat and playing games in whatever manner you wish is a-ok by me. but I don't like when some insufferably smug noob implies that the classic systems are the clear non-"spergy" alternative to something as trivial as setting up a softmodded wii.

He’s kinda right. Bob can’t even get EPSX working. A snes mini is perfect for him.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah. An epic battle between trivially softmodding your wii and trivially hacking your snes classic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Ah. An epic battle between trivially softmodding your wii and trivially hacking your snes classic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
all of my opinions on emulation boil down to Give me switch virtual console or go to hell, basically

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

whatever happened to the rumor of nintendo doing a netflix style subscription service for the switch to play VC games?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

whatever happened to the rumor of nintendo doing a netflix style subscription service for the switch to play VC games?

its probably tied with the update

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Was this false like the GC emulation rumour?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Classic Game Selection*
Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

all of my opinions on emulation boil down to Give me switch virtual console or go to hell, basically

I want to play every videogame on the nintendo switch

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
is the season pass for zelda worth getting

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Classic Game Selection*
Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

ok cool so its still in the works

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Champion's Ballad is worth getting at the very least; the first DLC is hit and miss depending on how much you like the games combat.

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 22, 2018

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah the second part adds a lot of content that makes it worth it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

GameCube posted:

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i dont want to pay full price for games. they should have sites like they do for pc games where i can pay russian gangsters for great deals

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i dont want to pay full price for games. they should have sites like they do for pc games where i can pay russian gangsters for great deals

never post here again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Whoever was asking about Bravely Second: it's great just like the first one. Any issues I have with it are negligible since they're basically old rear end jrpgs with updated quality of life mechanics. AKA; ftw

Excited to see how Octopath turns out

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

GameCube posted:

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Classic Game Selection*

I bet one of the things holding them up is they can't figure out how to check for your subscription in a way that works when you take it on the go but also isn't trivially hackable.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tender Bender posted:

I bet one of the things holding them up is they can't figure out how to check for your subscription in a way that works when you take it on the go but also isn't trivially hackable.

PS4 does this fine with PS+ stuff because there's a secret unchangable system clock for keeping track of licenses and stuff. You can even preorder + preload a digital game and it will still unlock for you at the correct time if you don't have an internet connection

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

anyone hear anything new about octopath traveller? I'm way stoked to play it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like bravely default more than second but theyre both good play them both

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bravely Second is a more consistent experience and its twist is more fun and more clever, and it has a 97% reduction in womanizing, so I prefer it, but the music is worse and the combos you can do at endgame aren't as hilariously broken. You can't really go wrong with that series, though.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im mixed about comparing the twists cause i love default's final boss and i think the twist is a good build to that even if it went on too long and second's twist is more immediately cool when it happens but its also directly tied to some of the stuff i dont like in that game as much, like how old jobs were handled. also the final boss isnt as good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Not really

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

PS4 does this fine with PS+ stuff because there's a secret unchangable system clock for keeping track of licenses and stuff. You can even preorder + preload a digital game and it will still unlock for you at the correct time if you don't have an internet connection

Yea, Netflix does something like that too. Nintendo specifically is bad at online tho and paranoid about piracy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
A Japanese historian just found what might be the only existing photo of Nintendo’s original HQ, taken around 1889-90:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A Japanese historian just found what might be the only existing photo of Nintendo’s original HQ, taken around 1889-90:

hard to believe something like the nintendo switch was developed in such a humble building

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Blessed image

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Aww sweet the guy who made Downwell just got hired on by Nintendo. I think he was like 17 or 18 when the game came out, that's really cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm happy for him. Downwell is a really cool tight little game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Comfy winterfeels

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

hard to believe something like the nintendo switch was developed in such a humble building

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I must go on a pilgrimage

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

I must go on a pilgrimage

the building got torn down and they put a plaque on the wall of the building there now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

the building got torn down and they put a plaque on the wall of the building there now

that is where i will pray with my amiibos on my Power Pad prayer mat