Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

poorlifedecision posted:

Seemed like a pretty big issue to me but ???

Was there a reason beyond being the big kids that they didn't kill the filibuster? Did it require a rule change they didn't want to do? I can't remember any of the specifics anymore.

No, not really. Senator Chuck Grassley Chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee and unless he brought it up as Chair, Garland's confirmation hearing was never going to go anywhere.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/chuck-grassley-scotus-garland/478038/

edit: jfc

Trump Voter Fraud Commission specifically asked Texas to identify Hispanic last names in buying state voter data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.b58c29fa3978

Kumo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

here have some good news

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/955514226096959488

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://twitter.com/SenateMajLdr/status/955098436138762240?s=17

McConnell is a scumbag lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/deirdrewalshcnn/status/955525946936909824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

you imagine waking up at night to a sound at your window, and lightning flashes and all you see are these large oblong eyes look at you through the shutters?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There's only room for one nut job in this oval office! Wait. What?

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

you imagine waking up at night to a sound at your window, and lightning flashes and all you see are these large oblong eyes look at you through the shutters?

Careful you're gonna get Jose all riled up.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol dems got played

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lol so the shutdown is still gonna keep going? :lol:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

lol so the shutdown is still gonna keep going? :lol:

No,

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol dems got played

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Basically miller and Kelly want Everyone deported and the republicans in the house are completely insane so DACA is dead

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

communism bitch posted:

My balls are in the romulan neutral zone

Saavik: Admiral, may I ask you a question?
Kirk: What's on your mind, Lieutenant?
Saavik: The Kobayashi Maru, sir.
Kirk: Are you asking me if we're playing out that scenario now?
Saavik: On the test, sir... will you tell me what you did? I would really like to know.
McCoy: Lieutenant, you are looking at the only Starfleet cadet who ever beat the no-win scenario.
Saavik: How?
Kirk: I reprogrammed the simulation to use a timeline where Donald Trump was elected president of the US in 2016. The resulting chaos caused millions of people to howl their balls off laughing into space. In that simulated universe by the time the scenario played out an entire shower of testicles passed through the neutral zone and enveloped the enemy ships causing confusion and letting me escape.
Saavik: What?
David Marcus: He cheated.
Kirk: I changed the conditions of the test; got a commendation for original thinking. I don't like to lose.
Saavik: What the gently caress?
Kirk: MAGA.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lol

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
uggggh

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lol i put no faith in trump knowing what he wants and signing anything at all

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jose posted:

Basically miller and Kelly want Everyone deported and the republicans in the house are completely insane so DACA is dead

DACA was about 75% likely to be dead going into the shutdown with the only real option being for the democrats to make the republicans pay for being shitheads. Instead they served DACA up on a silver platter to the republicans. I'm really hoping ol' Two Scoops blows the deal up because at least then the republicans take the hit even if it's self-inflicted.

It's a pretty remote hope, though, since all it takes is people explaining to him that he gets to deport Dreamers if he just waits a few weeks.

When I got to campus this morning some rear end in a top hat had posted anti-immigration fliers all over the place. I tore down every one I passed, and by this afternoon I haven't seen any more so I think other people got the rest of them. I'm sure the rear end in a top hat that put them up is jerking off right now at the thought of ICE raiding the campus for those illegals.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Watching it now and what the fuuuuuck. Her explanation is that the democrats rejected a bill on friday, causing the shutdown, and then later democrats accepted "basically" the exact same bill because they naturally agreed with everything on it? Why did they reject it at first then?? Just for lols?? That explanation makes no sense...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://twitter.com/NidaKhanNY/status/955537816049668096

LOL good job Dems. :bravo:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

second-world shithole

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
how is that level of biased propaganda even a thing in america, from our own president? its nothing new i know, but its so sad.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Space T Rex posted:

how is that level of biased propaganda even a thing in america, from our own president? its nothing new i know, but its so sad.

it turns out that america was kind of a bad idea to begin with

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm going to start a new tech startup attaching satellites to people's balls and then exposing them to this thread. I'll put Space X out of business in weeks.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dems ruined the special boy's special party. that was the only important thing.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

He talks like a fuckin three year old

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
@senmajldr we've pinned down all of the dems and now we're using their hands to hit themselves in their faces. worst part is: they won't stop complaining that they're hitting themselves. it's your fault!!!! we keep repeating "quit hitting yourself" as we use their own hands against them but they just don't get it

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I was going to post a scientific gif of flatfish eye metamorphosis but ended up liking this one better

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lol at the dems, lol at the US

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

The us is hosed forvere, hmbol

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
What was the Sheriff Clarke tweet? It was already deleted.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

FuhrerHat posted:

it turns out that america was kind of a bad idea to begin with

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

LumpyGumby posted:

his twitter was hacked by some young turks

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LumpyGumby posted:

He was "hacked" by an elite turkish teen team of pranksters who posted a video with a bunch of anime and some islamic song with really bad clipping

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

unpacked robinhood posted:

He was "hacked" by an elite turkish teen team of pranksters who posted a video with a bunch of anime and some islamic song with really bad clipping

i hope lf apologizes to sherrif Clarke

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

I know that this has been said, probably many many times, but someone has hosed that. Multiple times, at least.

Anyone got a picture of her husband? I just want to see the face of a man who would willingly gently caress the press ogre.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Damo posted:

I just want to see the face of a man who would willingly gently caress the press ogre.

jose post selfie

I think her eyes move independently, like a chameleon's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Damo posted:

Anyone got a picture of her husband? I just want to see the face of a man who would willingly gently caress the press ogre.

Here you go.