Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Non salt question.

At the argos phase, do the titan sheilds block those annoying triangle things that carry you up on the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

texaholic posted:

Top streamer on D2 twitch is running D1 raids because why not, they got 270 viewers closest streamer has 110 viewers. The D1 raid twitch is some random dudes talking poo poo about destiny and cutting up in general. I could hear a bong rip while they were taking down warpriest.
Keep in mind that Twitch views only matters as a community interaction/promotional thing. For as much as D1 and Trials used to have a presence on Twitch, about as many people played PVP as did the raids. Twitch is not an accurate representation of anything. Casual PVE has always had the most popular activities.
https://saynotorage.com/2015/03/05/bungie-accidentally-admitted-their-pvp-is-dead/

That said, their attempt to make D2 PVP more competitive & watchable resulting in no one playing and being boring to watch is a pretty impressive failure.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is fortnite
Pubg, but you can build towers and poo poo.

It has other modes, but you have to pay for founders packs to access them. The battle royale mode is F2P though which is why a lot of streamers seem to have picked it up, very watchable content for zero initial outlay.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

hitchensgoespop posted:

Non salt question.

At the argos phase, do the titan sheilds block those annoying triangle things that carry you up on the air.

Rally barricade definitely does not.

Never used the other one on the fight.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
Seems I missed the window when Goons start posting about everything wrong with the game instead of actually playing it. :ghost:
Are both (Xbox)clans pretty active still? I’ve just been putzing around enjoying the storyline. I remember someone telling me in D1 don’t rush because all you have left to do is farm and pvp. I assume D2 is worse from the pages ive been reading.

Smoove fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 22, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

hitchensgoespop posted:

Non salt question.

It does not.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Smoove posted:

I remember someone telling me in D1 don’t rush because all you have left to do is farm and pvp.

Wow.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smoove posted:

Seems I missed the window when Goons start posting about everything wrong with the game instead of actually playing it. :ghost:
Are both (Xbox)clans pretty active still? I’ve just been putzing around enjoying the storyline. I remember someone telling me in D1 don’t rush because all you have left to do is farm and pvp. I assume D2 is worse from the pages ive been reading.

lol, there's like 5 raid instances and they're all good in their own ways.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Smoove posted:

Not really no. Define “active” tho?

Destiny 2 isn’t terrible if you’re just futzing about the campaign and rooting around for a bit afterwards. It’s fun to shoot mans.

The problem, and why people are so butthurt, is that it’s nothing like Destiny 1 when it comes to the endgame, and that’s also where it just so happens to fall apart dramatically. So you have a game that consciously sheds things that made the last one fun to play for years, as well as being full of boring or annoying and lovely mechanics, inventory and bugs, people get mad.

When you add on the fact that this likely happened because of a focus on eververse microtransactions and Bungie incompetently managing the dec cycle yet again and well, there’s not much goodwill left in the community.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just ignore all that and log in a couple times a week and do raids with your Bros while you wait for the game to get better. You'll be fine

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Just ignore all that and log in a couple times a week and do raids with your Bros while you wait for the game to get better. You'll be fine

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be honest you guys don't really seem like Bros

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

To be honest you guys don't really seem like Bros

Surely there are 6 bros left, right?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I think the crucible one wasnt obtained until Sunday lmao

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm confused. I thought y'all dissolved the "brotherhood"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We basically just use the slack to discuss other games and hobbies. New hotnesses include halo 5, monster Hunter, Diablo 3 Hardcore, and Fortnite.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Because of that I'm also looking through LFGs for Trials groups but there's very few so when I get piqued I look up general pvp stats because I can't be picky, I'm only mid-card talent, but I also want a team no more retarded than myself yet they're always waaaaayyyy terrible :downsowned:

So, I guess I'm saying here that if any of you actually good players, or other so-so bitches, here ever need a fourth that has a marginal chance of not making GBS threads the bed (2.54 KD and 57% win over 878 matches, 99% solo queue Quickplay), I'm your huckleberry. But I know that won't happen :downsowned:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, I'm like 1.08 overall in ~200 matches, mostly quickplay. I am not good at this PVP.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The NM hunter lion chest armor is rad and the only thing worth going for in the faction stuff.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

lol, I'm like 1.08 overall in ~200 matches, mostly quickplay. I am not good at this PVP.

That's KD? You're not bad. If that's KAD okay you're bad lol but that's totally cool and thank you for playing this game still :hfive:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

That's KD? You're not bad. If that's KAD okay you're bad lol but that's totally cool and thank you for playing this game still :hfive:

yeah tha'ts my over-all KD.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hitchensgoespop posted:

Non salt question.

I've found most of the things you'd really want to block with titan shields don't, since they tend to have splash damage or home a bit (or just hit with so much damage the shield breaks in 1 hit and there's already another projectile on the way).
That's part of my biggest complaint with the feel of the game, it stems from the lack of cohesive vision and design. The 'lore' and theme of the game is entirely about being some unbeatable space wizard/ninja, but it's still just a cover shooter and you're constantly seeing the dumb grunts in the game and cannon-fodder are better at your trademark poo poo than you, or can easily clown you if you're doing anything other than popping out of cover to deliver a headshot or three.

Enemy shields block EVERYTHING and are mobile/can't be strafed around. Enemies can also shoot through them. A titan's is flimsy while blocking all shots.

Fallen easily strafe, slink low, go invisible at will, and tons of other slippery bastards dodge if your crosshairs linger on them for a second. Hunter dodge is used either for an iframe or recharging your punch, depending on how you spec. You can't really outstrafe even the bulky dudes. A mobile guardian should be able to circle around a centurion or jump up and over a taken shield-dude as he charges his shieldblast.
Even the bulky dudes all seem to have your walk speed or better, so you can't really engage in mobile combat, or run and gun. Sue your sprint is usually better than their movespeed, but they can still attack while moving.

Warlocks loving hover on their char select screen while holding a magical elemental blast, but except for their ults can do neither. They're just flimsy dudes with guns and the ability to drop a healing beacon that's usually too weak to outpace incoming damage when under heavy fire.

And of course every class's cool-downs are way too long for any of their anemic abilities to be spammable or at least have say a 50% uptime -which would make up for being so weak or situational.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
All of those complaints are largely to keep PvP more tactical and esport ready (lol) and making sure PvP and PvE largely play the same, since for some reason devs hate the idea of "This ability works one way in one mode, another way in a different mode."
To be fair bungie would really gently caress it up and fail to communicate anything if they tried that, hell they'd probably even make sure the UI lied to the player to convince them everything was the same.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
one of bungie’s core design philosophies for destiny has always been “your Guardian and their weapons/armor function the same regardless of game mode”. it’s not laziness or incompetence, it’s a choice

Probably a bad one but

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Its fine if they function the same in bith. What they missed is its still supposed to be fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There have been exceptions, there was a period in D1 when shotguns did almost twice as much damage to mobs as to players. But yeah in general they're trying to keep it so that if you do X then Y happens no matter where in the game you are (with varying levels of success).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

one of bungie’s core design philosophies for destiny has always been “your Guardian and their weapons/armor function the same regardless of game mode”. it’s not laziness or incompetence, it’s a choice

Probably a bad one but

maybe

ZeusCannon posted:

Its fine if they function the same in bith. What they missed is its still supposed to be fun.

this

haveblue posted:

There have been exceptions, there was a period in D1 when shotguns did almost twice as much damage to mobs as to players. But yeah in general they're trying to keep it so that if you do X then Y happens no matter where in the game you are (with varying levels of success).

that wasn't even necessarily even a difference, considering shotguns were 1hks in crucible at most ranges.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Didn't like half of the armor have perks "against minions of the darkness"?

They were insanely open to pve and pvp having different balances in d1

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Didn't like half of the armor have perks "against minions of the darkness"?

They were insanely open to pve and pvp having different balances in d1

Inverse Shadow: Increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the darkness

Shine On: Increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the darkness

me, an intellectual: and these are different how?

i love how even when bungie does something cool like good perks like this they have to do at least a bit of a gently caress up by having completely vague perk descriptions

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I liked the words they used for target acquisition with no legend or key to figure out wtf

Increased
Enhanced
Strong
Superb

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

I liked the words they used for target acquisition with no legend or key to figure out wtf

Increased
Enhanced
Strong
Superb

"Insane Target Acquisition" Uh i have no idea whether that word is good or bad any more

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

My 4 engram clan is down to 3, dangerously close to 2 at times, so I'm looking for another but nobody plays this game :downsowned:

Because of that I'm also looking through LFGs for Trials groups but there's very few so when I get piqued I look up general pvp stats because I can't be picky, I'm only mid-card talent, but I also want a team no more retarded than myself yet they're always waaaaayyyy terrible :downsowned:

So, I guess I'm saying here that if any of you actually good players, or other so-so bitches, here ever need a fourth that has a marginal chance of not making GBS threads the bed (2.54 KD and 57% win over 878 matches, 99% solo queue Quickplay), I'm your huckleberry. But I know that won't happen :downsowned:

I was going to say I can't imagine why you aren't finding groups with those numbers, but then I looked at your trials report. Woof. Looks like you were playing with some shitters and never even attempted to get back in. As far as the LFG scene in general, it can't possibly be nearly as bad as it is on PC. It's just under 10k for the entire weekend, there's no way that's more than like 2-3k total during peak hours. PSN has 6x as many people playing. You just have to be persistent, try running your own groups too. Don't settle for lovely teammates, at least for trials, it's just going to be a waste of your time.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I wonder how much of Bungie's patch time is eaten up by certification. Game patches have to be certed on consoles, right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still haven't done the raid lair or prestige raid. Honestly I forgot Prestige was a thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

IronSaber posted:

I wonder how much of Bungie's patch time is eaten up by certification. Game patches have to be certed on consoles, right?

Yes, but while the patch is in cert the engineers can move on to the next patch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

I still haven't done the raid lair or prestige raid. Honestly I forgot Prestige was a thing.

So did Bungie, apparently, since there hasn't been a peep on Prestige Lair since CoO launched.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So did Bungie, apparently, since there hasn't been a peep on Prestige Lair since CoO launched.

In this case I think it's wise of them to focus on the quality of life improvements literally everyone wants over something that like 04% of players will even attempt.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

I was going to say I can't imagine why you aren't finding groups with those numbers, but then I looked at your trials report. Woof. Looks like you were playing with some shitters and never even attempted to get back in. As far as the LFG scene in general, it can't possibly be nearly as bad as it is on PC. It's just under 10k for the entire weekend, there's no way that's more than like 2-3k total during peak hours. PSN has 6x as many people playing. You just have to be persistent, try running your own groups too. Don't settle for lovely teammates, at least for trials, it's just going to be a waste of your time.

That's 100% what happened lol ugh, and you're also completely correct in that I need to be persistent. I admit it, I'm being skittish, and I need to get over my little bitch ego of getting my poo poo pushed in by inferior players because that skittishness causes me to be casual and settle for nonsense teams instead of finding or forging a quality one, then being a sour pussy over it and not playing.

Thank you very much for the advice :) Hopefully next weekend I have my act together and get in the mix.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

IronSaber posted:

Probably not much, certification on the Xbox would be like, a day. It gets submitted, gets a slot and then a team works on it for 8 hours. If a fail crops up on an update then the devs find out that day/next day depending on timezones and poo poo, have to fix it, resubmit it and then it gets tested again but that's no big deal.

I think they just don't know exactly how to fix the game and the stuff they really need to do to fix it will just take ages, probably also complicated by the DLC scheduled, developing huge changes to the entirety of the game and this side content could introduce some conflicts. I bet there's someone on the dev team pushing to get the second DLC pushed back as a sort of "look how serious we are about fixing the game!" measure. Maybe they should push back the second one to like June and make it way bigger. Then make the changes in like Feb/Mar, that way people won't associate the changes with having to buy something just to make the game what they wanted at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

just gonna leave this here