Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

get a bankroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

splurgershnitzl
Jan 19, 2018
That's the one thing I'm bad at. :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh no, not dad's business partners! Doesn't the teenage girl know that the son is a very serious man with extremely high expectations placed upon him by his parents and he needs to protect his dad's serious business with all his teenage life decisions. Btw they're very disappointed with him.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
45 year old men aren't going to bat an eye at the weird poo poo 16 year old kids are doing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Palpek posted:

Oh no, not dad's business partners! Doesn't the teenage girl know that the son is a very serious man with extremely high expectations placed upon him by his parents and he needs to protect his dad's serious business with all his teenage life decisions. Btw they're very disappointed with him.

Dad's company will lose a very important contract once this scandalous display shakes the confidence of his business partners.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Chomp8645 posted:

Dad's company will lose a very important contract once this scandalous display shakes the confidence of his business partners.

Pls don't just post xhamster video descriptions itt tia

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Reality: they will probably do the same they do every time they meet a 16 year old. Make a poor joke about avocado toast, give them advice that's 20 years out of date, then go back to discussing how best to poison the planet while it still has some life left in it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

My [15M] dad [45M] wants to meet my girlfriend [16F] this weekend and has asked me to invite her to a dinner. I saw her today and she's dyed her hair this weird color combo and I don't know what to do because dads business partners will be there.

:sever: and learn from this mistake: always and only date people that you think your parents and their friends will approve of. It's a sure way to be happy and stress free!

splurgershnitzl
Jan 19, 2018
Lf gf all u need to do is fit my very specific criteria for physical appearance clean up after me and not complain about my drinking pst btw have no money am poor <3

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hahaha, like none of his dad’s friends have a child/niece/nephew/never seen a teen that’s going through that phase.

Wonder what the over-under for popped monocles is going to be when they see unconventional hair and a lip piercing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*a serious business partner upon seeing some colors on a 15-year-old's hair* Call off all the deals! Everyone's fired!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol but seriously I posted:

Pls don't just post xhamster video descriptions itt tia

Update: Big haired latina teen chased by liquidity loving exec on director's board then CUCK.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My kid goes to school with a girl who has a legitimately severe peanut allergy. The kind where if you touch peanuts, touch a door handle, and she touches it, she'll have a severe reaction. Last year, a kid started waving his peanut butter sandwich near her to mock her and another kid stood up, punched him in the face, and took a bite out of the sandwich.

Peter, son of Pete

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Palpek posted:

*a serious business partner upon seeing some colors on a 15-year-old's hair* Call off all the deals! Everyone's fired!

I'd ask her who does her hair.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My kid goes to school with a girl who has a legitimately severe peanut allergy. The kind where if you touch peanuts, touch a door handle, and she touches it, she'll have a severe reaction. Last year, a kid started waving his peanut butter sandwich near her to mock her and another kid stood up, punched him in the face, and took a bite out of the sandwich.

Give that kid an ice cream.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Palpek posted:

Charles! You told me she dyed her hair an odd color! Not that she *gasp* dyed her hair an odd COMBINATION of colors! We're ruined!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Haifisch posted:

My [15M] dad [45M] wants to meet my girlfriend [16F] this weekend and has asked me to invite her to a dinner. I saw her today and she's dyed her hair this weird color combo and I don't know what to do because dads business partners will be there.

This is a sitcom plot, right

this sounds like it should be a sitcom plot

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A delightful play in 5 parts from r/legal advice.

Friend fed me shroom burgers against my will.

quote:

So I just want to state that first I am not a drug user. Outside of 1 time in high school with weed, I have never used any sort of illegal drug.

That being said friday night a friend said he was having a get together with some friends. He was cooking burgers on the grill and asked if I could come over. I agreed and we had a nice evening. Until he handed me my burger.

First bite I noticed it tasted funny. I mentioned it and noticed the mushrooms on it. I thought they were normal ones. My friend made it sound like I was insulting his cooking so I decided to just choke the rest of the burger and washed it down quickly with some tea. Normal sweet tea.

So it wasn't long before I started to feel the effects of it and noticed everyone was looking at me and laughing hysterically to everything I said and did. Do not remember much of what happened other than some of the freakiest poo poo I have ever seen and heard in my life.

Come to find out later, my burger was the only one with magic shrooms on it and it was a prank played out by my "friends." I am the straight edge sober friend who is always the DD. They thought it would be funny to see their "sober friend" high for a change.

So few questions. First off, is this assault? Did they break some kind of law here? Outside of having illegal mushrooms of course. Will this show up on a drug test?

I have text messages from my friends who are saying how lame I am and how they just "played a joke" on me. I want to know what can be done here. I am beyond pissed off and I even decided to take saturday to try and cool down from this.

EDIT: Dallas Texas for the bot.

EDIT2: AWESOME. So just found out one of them recorded a video of me tripping. So I get to deal with THAT in my life now. Now to download this video to my pc because gently caress this poo poo now.

quote:

Dallas Texas

Welp this went from lovely to total loving screwjob in one day. The video that was recorded was set to unlisted on youtube and only shared between a few friends. One of them downloaded the video, besides me, and put it up on facebook. Unfortunately the video only shows me freaking out because of drugs. So all it proves is that I "went on a trip." I was able to get the video taken down by my friend saying my boss can see it and I can get fired. He at least removed it. I submitted a claim on the youtube video and hopefully it gets taken down. (Harmful and Dangerous acts flag)

I went to the police last night and told them everything that happened. I spoke with either a sergeant or a detective later on. (not too sure which) I told him everything that had happened and showed him the video. I showed him the text messages and let him listen to a voicemail message from the girlfriend of the guy who fed me the shroom burger. She had told me that I needed to stop freaking out and the reason they did this was because I needed to loosen up. Im not a drug user and even I know that weed is how you loosen up. Not shrooms. And finally this is the part that I feel the most lovely about. I told the officer that my friends all probably have a decent amount of weed or x at their places.

So after giving everything to the guy he told me that he may need to contact me later. Fast forward to about 6-7ish tonight and facebook is lighting up. Everyone except myself and one other person was arrested who was at the party. I do not know the exact reason everyone was arrested but it appears to be possession and not what happened to me. I really do not know how I feel about that.

I know that two of the four were arrested with meth and ex on them. I am fairly sure that the guy who hosted the party had a good amount of weed on him too. (He always has weed.)

EDIT: I was not giving out all of the details in this post, just keeping things light for various reasons. I do not know why the arrests happen so fast. I can only speculate. Judging by the facebook posts in this long assed chain of messages, the first guy who was arrested was arrested a few hours before the others. He lives with his parents. These are normal working class people who just happen to have a shithead for a son. From what I can gather, which is basically through the grapevine of facebook, his parents must have consented to a search.

quote:

This is the final update to the whole fiasco.

First. I got a lot of heat from people saying that I was trolling or that the timeline of events were not lining up. Yes 12-16 hours is a really quick time period for everything to happen. If you do not know all of the facts. And none of you knew all of the facts because there was a significant portion of details I was leaving out for various reasons. The most of which to protect me.

In fact you may be surprised to learn that the first arrest happened only three hours after speaking to the police. The guy who was arrested first had priors and one of the officers I spoke with knew this guy by name. He knew where he lived and has dealt with him before. Now granted this police dept only has about 15-20 officers and that is me estimating no clue on the actual number. Small town of only about 5-8k people.

The parents of this kid were tired of dealing with him. They had gotten him out of trouble before and this appeared to be the final straw for them. They not only let them enter their house, they encouraged them to search his room. (This I found out later through facebook.) This kid was 20 years old and had to be bailed out by his parents, both literally and figuratively, many times before. Once for selling weed while in high school on high school grounds, once for having cigarrets on middle school grounds, and once for a fight in high school. After high school he got a petty theft charge for trying to steal a 20 dollar game from walmart in his pants. Simply put he was a punk and he only got worse as he got older.

Also I am not in Dallas. I am in a small town near dallas but the drugging happened in another town where I grew up. I only mentioned Dallas because most of you have never heard of this place and Dallas is only 10-15min away. Usually this is par for the course for small suburbs near Dallas.

That is all of the details I am willing to share here about that.

Second. It looks like none of the people are going to be charged with what happened to me. If they were to charge them with anything related to that, it would be assault and battery most likely. I was told that it was too hard to prove guilt in this situation as it is too hard to prove who actually put it there vs who knew it was on the burger.

The text messages, voicemail, and video only show what happened after the fact. It does not prove who put it there. If they were not all facing possession with intent charges then it would be completely possible to eventually get the truth. But since the possession with intent is basically a slam dunk here and everyone is willing to take plea deals the court is declining to prosecute on that one. As far as I know, outside of the girlfriend, none of them have taken any deals yet but they are all pretty much in a no win situation so plea deals are likely to be given.

I am not too happy about that but I have learned quickly that I must pick my battles carefully. Thankfully all of them, excluding the girlfriend of the guy who hosted the party, have felony charges pending. She has no priors and was busted with a small amount of weed. Only enough for a minor felony. But since it was her first offense they dropped it down to misdemeanor possession. She got probation and a hefty fine. Again not happy about it but I can live with it. She can skate off to whichever loser she finds next.

Misdemeanor possession is enough to effectively shut off her ability to make money legitimately for a while anyways.

Third. There were some lingering effects of what happened but it looks like they are going away. I spoke with my doctor the Monday after what happened to me and he told me to immediately tell him if I start having mild hallucinations. I have been seeing things out of the corner of my eye, and seeing people who are not there making me do double takes. As well as some minor things like colors shifting on me or rooms appearing much brighter than they should be. My Doctor does not believe it do be HPPD thankfully as the symptoms are all wrong. He did tell me that hallucenogens do sometimes linger in the fat and can be released as it metabolizes. The symptoms are mild and appear to be going away so I am inclined to agree with my doctor on this. We are keeping a close watch but it looks like I am good here.

And finally. Everyone eventually found out that it was me who got the ball rolling. But it does not matter much anymore. I have cut all of those people out of my life for good. They have made some threats, all of them turned over to the police, but mostly they were talking big. They still do not know where I live. They blocked me from the facebook group but were too stoned/stupid/ignorant to realize that my MMO character has its own facebook account and it is in the same group where this conversation is still going on. (Probably not anymore after this post.) But it doesn't matter either way as I got a job opportunity in another part of Texas and I am taking it. Four months from now I will be in a completely different city.

I bought a shotgun for the apartment and I am currently waiting on my LTC to come in the mail. Took the class and the shooting course, done my fingerprinting and filled out all the right paperwork. Now to wait 30 years for the state to send it to me. (Actual wait times may vary.) In the meantime I am carrying a pistol in my car. Learned in the class that its legal to keep it in the car as long as it is not on me so went out and bought myself a glock.

My girlfriend is suggesting I come live with her for a while. I may take her up on that as they do not even know she exists. But it still scares me the lengths they go through to find me online. But I am taking steps to mitigate that. I have disabled my facebook page. Just left up the one for my MMO character and that has 100 percent wrong information on it. My family have stopped mentioning me 100 percent on social media and my girlfriend has disabled her facebook as well. I give her a TON of credit as she is sticking with me through this and not running for the hills.

So I have a good feeling about the future. I just hope that I can finally put this all behind me. I am tired of dealing with this and just want to move on. But I am taking more steps to protect myself. I found self defense place that teaches both martial arts and urban firearm defense. I am learning basic martial arts and pistol operations atm. Soon it will expand into advanced urban defense training that uses both martial arts and practice guns in the class.

quote:

So almost a year ago I was drugged by a few of my "friends." They put a magic mushroom on my burger and when I complained about the taste they made it seem like I was insulting their cooking. That mushroom gave me hell for what felt like hours.

I reported it to the police and they were pretty much all arrested the next day thanks to one of the guys being well known by one of the officers.

After my last post I learned that the guy who made the burger and put the shroom on there eventually talked to the wrong person about what he did. He was caught in that act and now faces charges on that as well. His plea deal got thrown out in light of the new charges.

His girlfriend, who basically got a misdemeanor possession charge when everyone else is facing felonies, came over to my house to plead with me. I really do not recall much of what happened next. I remember waking up groggy and with a huge pain in my head. I remember grabbing my shotgun and her running out of my apartment.

I think I passed out again later because when I woke up next I found myself looking at a police officer and a paramedic. They were asking me what happened but I was too out of it to truly tell what went down. My apartment was a HUGE mess. My TV was knocked down and broken, my chairs were overturned, same with my couch. My coffee table, glass coffee table, was shattered. Police later told me that there were huge knife marks in my bed.

Doctors say that I was likely tazed then bludgeoned over the back of the head when I came to later. I told the doctor I remembered grabbing my shotgun and a family member who was there did confirm that police confiscated it out of my hands. No rounds were fired out of it as it still had 5+1 loaded into it.

In the hospital I was informed that the girl had made a complaint against me. That I lured her to my apartment to rape her. In the struggle she tazed me and hit me over the back of the head with a bottle.

I told them what I remembered happening. I got out of the hospital a few days ago and relocated to... well somewhere else. The girl who assaulted me knows where my apartment is meaning they know where my apartment is. Yeah we packed everything and I broke the last 4 months on my contract. The landlord was ok with it. After what happened he wanted me gone anyways.

I am being told that there is an ongoing investigation. The girl never went to the doctor and had no marks at the time of her complaint to the police that indicated any sign of a struggle. I do not know why she trashed my apartment the way she did. She originally claimed it was because of the struggle she went through to get away from my "attempted rape" but that does not explain the knife marks in my mattress. Like she literally took a knife through the sheets and into the mattress.

Outside of the obvious steps I am taking to protect myself, home alarm, ar 15, finally got my LTC, carrying a handgun, and painted my car a different color with new license plates what can I do here?

I have a large amount of medical that hit me from this. But I highly doubt this chick will be able to pay for it. Also she still has no been arrested over this. What can I do to help make that happen? The police are wanting to take her side in this but even they say her story is a little far fetched. But they still refuse to do anything about it.

Unlike last time where I was drugged and technically was not permanently harmed, this is clear cut assault. Plain and simple. I am beyond frustrated and do not know what to do here.

quote:

Not gonna go through the effort of posting the previous posts, check my submissions, just onto what has been happening.

After the psycho decided to come into my home she accused me of trying to rape her. At first the police were taking her seriously until they did about, eh, 5 hours worth of actual police work. (I am being salty I have no clue how long they investigated.) They quickly found out that what she said made no sense with the evidence on scene.

They charged her with felony assault and some other stuff too. The guy who originally drugged me took a new plea bargain and basically got a few more years on his sentence. I do not have all of the details on this nor do I want them. I am basically trying to move on with my life.

The girl who attacked me is now facing some pretty serious poo poo as this is technically her second strike. The first one was plead down to a misdemeanor so there is that but I honestly do not know or care what her future looks like outside of small, cramped and scared.

That should not please me as much as it does.

A couple of people loosely involved in that group said they wanted to meet with me to apologize in person. Found my blank facebook page and have been trying to contact me with the 45 messages, 8 friend requests, and 3 follows. They got white noise in response. I am not dumb enough to respond to them so I deleted that account.

Btw wanted to point out. This is not a gang or cartel trying to find me. Just small town nobodies who think they are hard because they went to detention a lot in high school. No that is not an exaggeration, that is the truth.

Hopefully you will never hear from me again... in this context.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Soylent Pudding posted:

Good. Those fuckers deserved what was coming to them, and the poster now can start life fresh with a better group of friends.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

what a square

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

hawowanlawow posted:

what a square

gently caress you

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Soylent Pudding posted:

Would shrooms even work after being cooked?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray posted:

Would shrooms even work after being cooked?

Apparently they do, according to a bunch of wackos who say things like "swim".

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Soylent Pudding posted:

This guy's got a facebook account for his mmo character? What a loser, he does need to loosen up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

jesus christ this guy is a sociopath

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Soylent Pudding posted:

The most hardcore "it was just a prank bro" story ever.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

This is a sitcom plot, right

this sounds like it should be a sitcom plot

teenagers are dumb as hell

the fretting boy, not the stylish girl

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Why the hell would you feed them to a dude who doesn't even do drugs, that's just a waste. And I really don't understand why he's hanging out with a bunch of drug doers while being basically straight edge in the first place.

Is he the mom friend or something?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

empty sea posted:

Why the hell would you feed them to a dude who doesn't even do drugs, that's just a waste. And I really don't understand why he's hanging out with a bunch of drug doers while being basically straight edge in the first place.

Is he the mom friend or something?

It sounded like he was their DD. Moral of the story: Don't gently caress with the DD.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

don't drug anyone, regardless of how big their pocket protector is.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
What a narc

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fucks got what was coming to them, what a happy ending

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I thought straight edge were against violence and owning guns as well. Maybe not the Texas ones.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Palpek posted:

I thought straight edge were against violence and owning guns as well. Maybe not the Texas ones.

best part of his story is when he bought an AR to supplement the shotgun and pistol because he got clunked with a bottle

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
:byodood: "I'M STRAIGHT EDGE!" he screams, firing the AR wildly at the ceiling.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Speaking of false rape charges a friend of mine told me quite a shocking relationship story from his teen years I had never known. Just out of highschool he dated someone everyone called the crazy girl. He was just some nice shy nerd and didn't know how to handle it, but quickly realized she wasn't quirky or just a bit intense, she was clearly mentally ill and had some sort of hosed up relationship with her dad. When he broke up she spread the word that he was abusive and raped her, repeatedly. A non-crazy person probably could have done some actual damage to my friend, but because she was nuts she went to the police with this over the top story about how he imprisoned her in his rape dungeon basement for days and tortured her and so on. This didn't exactly add up for a 18 year old living with his parents, while she also lived with hers. It didn't go to trial but he did have to go to a preliminary hearing where she changed her story a bunch of times and was really badly pretend crying without actual tears and came off as an over the top terrible actor. Of course the charges were dismissed and he ended up with a restraining order against her. The whole thing was a pretty traumatic thing for him to go through even though he "won"

It didn't end of there of course. When social media became a thing she became obsessed with him, would see who he was friends with and send them huge crazy multi-page letters about how he's a dangerous abusive rapist as this technically wasn't contacting him directly. He has all his social media on lockdown/private or just doesn't use it at all now due to this. But still, every few years a friend will tell him that she contacted them trying to get information about him, and always resulting in a melt-down about how he's a horrible serial rapist.

The saddest part is that her dad is intensely creepy and there's been longstanding rumous that he was physically and sexually abusive. Even the police suspected from her changing stories and the details that these were potentially things she had actually gone through, but with her dad when she was younger, not my friend :(

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 23, 2018

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Baronjutter posted:

Speaking of false rape charges a friend of mine told me quite a shocking relationship story from his teen years I had never known. Just out of highschool he dated someone everyone called the crazy girl. He was just some nice shy nerd and didn't know how to handle it, but quickly realized she wasn't quirky or just a bit intense, she was clearly mentally ill and had some sort of hosed up relationship with her dad. When he broke up she spread the word that he was abusive and raped her, repeatedly. A non-crazy person probably could have done some actual damage to my friend, but because she was nuts she went to the police with this over the top story about how he imprisoned her in his rape dungeon basement for days and tortured her and so on. This didn't exactly add up for a 18 year old living with his parents, while she also lived with hers. It didn't go to trial but he did have to go to a preliminary hearing where she changed her story a bunch of times and was really badly pretend crying without actual tears and came off as an over the top terrible actor. Of course the charges were dismissed and he ended up with a restraining order against her. The whole thing was a pretty traumatic thing for him to go through even though he "won"

It didn't end of there of course. When social media became a thing she became obsessed with him, would see who he was friends with and send them huge crazy multi-page letters about how he's a dangerous abusive rapist as this technically wasn't contacting him directly. He has all his social media on lockdown/private or just doesn't use it at all now due to this. But still, every few years a friend will tell him that she contacted them trying to get information about him, and always resulting in a melt-down about how he's a horrible serial rapist.

The saddest part is that her dad is intensely creepy and there's been longstanding rumous that he was physically and sexually abusive. Even the police suspected from her changing stories and the details that these were potentially things she had actually gone through, but with her dad when she was younger, not my friend :(

The GOAT coach said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEmL8ITrg38

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I really admire his scorched earth approach to :sever:ing. Getting all of your former friends arrested in under 24 hours as revenge is pretty loving rad.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Palpek posted:

wrong-o, straight edge kids are the ones who go to punk shows and beat up people smoking and drinking because ?????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

don't drug anyone, regardless of how big their pocket protector is.

Except BA Barracus, you gotta get him on the plane somehow.