Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ruddiger posted:

lol when you look at this on twitter, it prompts you to let you know that the pics are disgusting.

Twitter does this to me with every picture even though I have that option disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Seems to me the goal was mainly to give Turmp a black mark in the history books, I don't see much of anything else going for the shutdown besides a good sound bite for 2020. RIP Dreamers :911:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Trumpo literally does not have a functional frontal lobe. if you're ever asking "why" trump does something you're already making a category error. why is wind?why is my rear end hurts? fukken lol (but i'm not lollin)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Durf posted:

good thing the american gov't is killing all the foreigners, poor, and young people.

they know the future belongs to tacky, old, rich people who contribute nothing to society at large

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/955165547527798785

extremeley powerless person: "yeah umm can we not make fun of their looks?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I find it genuinely disheartening that so many self proclaimed Christians have so much hate in their hearts for such flimsy reasons. Not really a lol but jesus man, have a heart.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's appropriate they're called Dreamers because it was a dream that America would ever carry out its end of the bargain.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im not sure if Mike Pence is the devil or if Mitch McConnell is

I mean Mike at least has the chiseled looks going for him but Mitch is so banally evil it would be smart if he picked a form so offensively mundane people didn't want to think about him just to preserve their sanity

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

republicans: "it's the dreamers fault for wanting to live in a country this bad"

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

I bet those washing machines are hecho en Mexico

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JazzmasterCurious posted:

I bet those washing machines are hecho en Mexico

It's much stupider and pettier than that: Who does Trump associate with doing the laundry?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Alan Smithee posted:

republicans: "it's the dreamers fault for wanting to live in a country this bad"

I had a college professor make the argument that Republicans intentionally make the country shittier so Mexicans and Latinos are disincentivized from coming here.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Outrail posted:

It's much stupider and pettier than that: Who does Trump associate with doing the laundry?

His staffers?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I had a college professor make the argument that Republicans intentionally make the country shittier so Mexicans and Latinos are disincentivized from coming here.

crazy like a loving RETARD [/ENDLESS INTERNAL SCREAM]

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Outrail posted:

quote:

Narrator: Michael remembered what Buster did to what he thought was Rosa's favorite toy to what he thought was Rosa's car.

[Young Buster throws a vacuum cleaner at the bus]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Outrail posted:

I find it genuinely disheartening that so many self proclaimed Christians have so much hate in their hearts for such flimsy reasons. Not really a lol but jesus man, have a heart.

They aren't actually christians. They worship money and Super Jesus, which only exists in one book of the bible that almost no one actually reads all the way through.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

And that college professor grew up to be .... Stephen Miller

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Anyone remember those unknown alien alloys the gov confirmed to be holding?

#UFOgate

Maybe trump is such a retard because the weight of what he has been told about the universe weighs so heavily on his mind and being told not to talk about it

I'm just being optimistic here. At this point aliens coming down and glassing America is best case scenario. Buddhists, Hindus and Muslims are all pretty much prepared to take the knee and worship out alien overlords. It's just the Christians in western countries who think we're actually worth a drat without putting in the effort to advance our species

Edit: glassing not blessing. But that's weirdly poetic

Chernobyl baby fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 23, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I could just see this in my head, solid lol

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

You’d think someone would not allow Jake Tapper to sign up on their mailing list.

They blocked "Jake Tapper" but they didn't block "Tapp Tapper", "Jake Jakeson", or "Tapp Jakeson", any of which could be a TOS-violating Jake Tapper alt.

The devious journo, that one.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

DOTARD IN YOUR CUP

I prefer the term DOTUS(Dotard of the United States)

Durf posted:

lol just read this article

*price is right failhorn*

China being an industry leader in solar module sales is by virtue of quantity combined with passable accuracy, not actual innovations in production. The generation of that solar farm is eclipsed by smaller ones elsewhere, and I'm sure if the air quality was better, they'd have higher yield, but :effort:

Also any hard numbers tied directly to the CCP is questionable; these are the same people who transport fresh air to air quality testing locations to fool the sensors.

Lol for the day is el presidente claiming victory when he sat on his rear end and was almost sabotaged by his cabinet Kelly art-of-the-dealing a democrat rollover down the toilet.

:hmbol: forecast: Dems gave in, and then ol' Two Scoops and the repubs still manage to gently caress things up.

EDIT: speel guud

Mistle fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 23, 2018

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Chernobyl baby posted:

Maybe trump is such a retard because the weight of what he has been told about the universe weighs so heavily on his mind and being told not to talk about it

Let's be honest here, holding the full contents of the mcdonald's dollar menu in that bowl of moldy oatmeal he calls a brain is the best he can hope for.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
he likes the fillet o' fish. if i was writing a satire i'd be all "no, that's too on the nose"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
There’s truth to China subsidizing their production of solar panels, but that’s nothing like our subsidizing the same including installation and operation. :confused:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Just when I hoped for something the Dems hosed themselves in the anus

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Outrail posted:

The Russian banking system?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jestery posted:

Idiocracy presents a world where everyone alive unanimously agrees the smartest man alive should be president and it happens.

Said president is a muscled, confident black man who rides around in an open top (tri)motorcycle.

Not one person even considers shooting the president, who I remind you , is a black man who holds open parties at the white house.

Edit

Also present in said movie is an automated Universal healthcare system.

/Edit

America, you should be lucky to approach the world Idiocracy presents, because you are stumbling over an incredibly low bar

Kumo posted:

lmao, I can't remember who, but someone made a very clear & concise point that President Camacho from 'Idiocracy" was much better than Donald Trump and now there is this:

https://thenib.com/there-s-idiocracy-and-there-s-just-idiots

Quoting because it bears repeating

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
What I was really trying to convey with my last post was PLEASE SHIVA

JUST NUKE THIS loving PLANET. I'M READY FOR DEATH

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AmeliaFrappolli/status/955599868369821696

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I don't know what's going on anymore, but I'm guessing we're in for another shutdown come 2/8. The only difference is that CHIP is no longer something the Republicans can hold hostage.

Or maybe the Dems are betting that Trump won't sign the CR. It's entirely possible. Because he's stupid.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Chernobyl baby posted:

Anyone remember those unknown alien alloys the gov confirmed to be holding?

#UFOgate

That was the craziest story. In an interesting way, as opposed to the daily gut punches we're used to. I want the new york times to follow up on the unknown alien alloys. I want that and piss tape. It will be cool and good.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Outrail posted:

Jikes posted:

The Russian banking system?

:drat:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

TulliusCicero posted:

They aren't actually christians. They worship money and Super Jesus, which only exists in one book of the bible that almost no one actually reads all the way through.

Even the once legit Christians are slowly dragged into this. My boss is also a preacher of 20+ years and was literally just today talking about how many of his parishioners have a CCW (including him) . For, you know, when a terrorist will totally bust into the church shooting.

I want to ask what that first commandment is again , but I know it’s pointless. The Bible lawyering is really next level poo poo.

I also can’t reconcile someone who has dedicated their life to non-profit work as well as clergy work getting a hard-on at the idea of shooting a ‘bad guy’

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

Even the once legit Christians are slowly dragged into this. My boss is also a preacher of 20+ years and was literally just today talking about how many of his parishioners have a CCW (including him) . For, you know, when a terrorist will totally bust into the church shooting.

I want to ask what that first commandment is again , but I know it’s pointless. The Bible lawyering is really next level poo poo.

I also can’t reconcile someone who has dedicated their life to non-profit work as well as clergy work getting a hard-on at the idea of shooting a ‘bad guy’

Stop assuming that "religious" automatically means "moral" and all this gets a lot easier to understand.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Bible posted:

Stop assuming that "religious" automatically means "moral" and all this gets a lot easier to understand.

This is sadly an increasingly salient point.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The churches are just reactionary dens- believing them to be anything else is just false hope.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

I don't know what's going on anymore, but I'm guessing we're in for another shutdown come 2/8. The only difference is that CHIP is no longer something the Republicans can hold hostage.

Or maybe the Dems are betting that Trump won't sign the CR. It's entirely possible. Because he's stupid.

Am I just misunderstanding this whole process or isn't this a good thing and not the Dems caving in any way? They are allowing the government to function for three more weeks, ensured the funding of CHIP, and if a Republican plan is tabled to deport the Dreamers, they can shut down again after those three weeks?

How is this caving?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jikes posted:

enjoy that ahi, when you get your food poisoning and vomit, it will be great vomit, the best vomit ever

:wotwot:

Health inspector: A lack of proper cleaning routines, dirty and greasy filters, greasy and encrusted deep fat fryer, dirty, cracked and stained food preparation surfaces, dirty, cracked and missing wall and floor tiles, dirty, marked and stained utensils, dirty and greasy interior surfaces of the ventilator hood, inadequate temperature control and storage of dangerous foodstuffs, storage of cooked and raw meat in same trays, storage of raw meat above confectionery with consequent dripping of meat juices onto cream products, refrigerator seals loose and cracked, ice box undefrosted, and refrigerator overstocked. Food handling routines suspect, evidence of smoking in food preparation area, dirty and grubby food handling overalls, lack of wash hand basin - which you gave us a verbal assurance you'll have installed at our last visit six months ago - and two dead pigeons in the water tank.

Donald Tromp: Otherwise OK?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

It does happen, but it's far more likely to happen to a black church, synagogue, or mosque. And of course, as much as these wannabe tier 1 operators want to believe the contrary, they're far more likely to hurt themselves or a bystander.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

flashy_mcflash posted:

Am I just misunderstanding this whole process or isn't this a good thing and not the Dems caving in any way? They are allowing the government to function for three more weeks, ensured the funding of CHIP, and if a Republican plan is tabled to deport the Dreamers, they can shut down again after those three weeks?

How is this caving?

They will discuss dreamers after the final budget. Not before. They have 3 weeks for Christ sake. Something they’ve had years to solve will be solved in that time. Pffft

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

red19fire posted:

It does happen, but it's far more likely to happen to a black church, synagogue, or mosque. And of course, as much as these wannabe tier 1 operators want to believe the contrary, they're far more likely to hurt themselves or a bystander.

Yes but that's only bozos who can;t handle their weapon. Not like me :smug:

e: Ah gently caress I just shot myself in the foot. Call me an ambulance uber!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

How is this caving?

I agree with you in that I don't think it's caving. The issue is that the Dems are signing the same agreement that the Senate held forth on Friday, with the only addition being Mitch McConnell's gentleman's agreement that they will make an immigration deal. Basically, there's no guarantee Mitch will keep his word, and people see this as Dems giving up on DREAMers. I see it as Dems not wanting to be painted as holding children's healthcare hostage in order to protect illegal immigrants, even though the Republicans were the ones who let the program's funding end in the first place.

Basically, it boils down to this: