Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

indigi posted:

I want a pomsky or a pomalute very bad

I want a mutt. Mutts look the most like dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

ideally I wanted something over 10 inches :(

text me ;)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i wonder if we ever will have table sized tablets. i look at a lot of site plans, and being able to open and markup a big-rear end pdf would be pretty dang cool.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

President Beep posted:

i wonder if we ever will have table sized tablets. i look at a lot of site plans, and being able to open and markup a big-rear end pdf would be pretty dang cool.

you mean the microsoft surface before they rebranded their ipads to be called that instead of the table thing?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sniep posted:

you mean the microsoft surface before they rebranded their ipads to be called that instead of the table thing?

not sure. how big were they? id want something large enough for at least arch E.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
philips makes a 75 inch touchscreen thing, but it's probably dogshit garbage

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Roosevelt posted:

philips makes a 75 inch touchscreen thing, but it's probably dogshit garbage

it's actually fine
it just starts at 8k, i recall

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:woop::worship::yum::catdrugs::trumppop::hellyeah::bisonyes::stwoon:

yeah. something like that.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

https://www.usa.philips.com/p-p/75BDL3010T_00/signage-solutions-multi-touch-display

gently caress. who am I kidding. it’d just end up covered in random poo poo, just like my boring normal desk is right now.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7fVhRGjn4

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I think the play clock would probably have run down though, causing a delay-of-game penalty?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CNN posted:

Multiple senators told CNN that lawmakers had agreed to use a talking stick. The agreement was that before anyone interrupted or shared their perspective, they should be holding the stick.

For the most part, it was a success.

One senator described a lighthearted moment where the stick was passed a bit forcefully as Sen. Mark Warner, a Virginia Democrat, began to ask a question and interrupt his Republican colleague, Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee. When the stick was passed -- or "tossed with some enthusiasm," one senator recalled with a chuckle, it caused a tiny bit of damage to a shelf where an elephant figurine was sitting in Collins' office.

The source told CNN all the senators laughed about the incident, and after that, Collins replaced the stick with a small rubber ball. Alexander countered later by bringing a mini basketball from his office as a joke, and the senators started using it.

"There were no injuries, there were a couple close calls but everything worked out fine," one Republican senator said about the talking stick.

Another Republican senator joked, "That was the most entertaining meeting I'd ever been to."

i mean... i guess if that's what it takes????

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi96f4v5iC0&hd=1

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That's how you run a country

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ciaphas posted:

if the people across the table from me were using children's healthcare as a bargaining chip i'd find it a bit difficult to restrain myself too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

im the pathetic flop from the table into the scrum a few seconds in

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I made this a while back

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

indigi posted:

they're like 2x as expensive as other tables and also still suck

ipad 2017 is twice cheaper than pixel c was, have you actually tried googling something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

if you're not in sales or marketing linkedin is : my online resume site

that is all
do not try to make it more than that if you are not a sales bro

it has landed me all my jobs so far and i like it for job hunt :shobon:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I’m going to run for governor of Hawaii I think because I’m awesome and also this state deserves someone better than loving Ige.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

now I want a cover of “Sing This Corrosion To Me”

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
cjs: microsoft employee doesn't know how to use lync meetings. i know thats not really a surprise but come on

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: i want to stop being woken up by dreams about being late for my job at the grocery store that i worked at in high school

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/NWS_NTWC/status/955736371607556096

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

cls: i want to stop being woken up by dreams about being late for my job at the grocery store that i worked at in high school

lol. i had a dream just the other night that i was working as a dishwasher at ponderosa, a job i had for five months 20 years ago. :/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Georges Simenon. He took three days to think about the book and the characters. Wrote the book in eight days, sometimes hitting eighty pages a day. Took a week off, then revised the book in three days and sent it out.

Michael Moorcock wrote some of his fantasy novels in the following way. On Monday he drew up the maps and lists. Wrote 20,000 words a day through Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Delivered the book and got his cheque on Friday. And on at least one occasion trundled over to Harrods and endorsed the cheque to them to pay his food, cigars and drinks bill.

:drat:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the way some people are wired is absolutely amazing.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

is there some way this can demolish SF but leave everything else intact

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

only if that tweet gets 100,000 likes, or whatever the heck twitter calls them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

only if that tweet gets 100,000 likes, or whatever the heck twitter calls them.

upchirps

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thank you! finally, a straight answer on this god forsaken sub...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

prefect posted:

same except morning sport practice in college

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

is there some way this can demolish SF but leave everything else intact

sf is insanely high up and hilly
not even global warming will get the most insufferable parts

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

prefect posted:

have you tried weed :420:
works great for my debilitating ptsd

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Startyde posted:

have you tried weed :420:
works great for my debilitating ptsd

what i really need to do is stay up later at night, so that i don't wake up until my alarm goes off. i do have a britbox/amazon subscription now...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

rest in power

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

cjs: minus three and freezing rain

nope, maybe tomorrow, have fun with that

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

President Beep posted:

e: that was ces 2013, drat those were the days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

sf is insanely high up and hilly
not even global warming will get the most insufferable parts

our only hope is earthquakes or nuclear war I guess