Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Seconding Merrell, I have been very happy with mine. Just make sure to try before you buy, because their sizes run according to running shoe size rather than boot size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I just got these Puma https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0QSA9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Except they were on sale for 25 bucks so, I got lucky.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

A raspberry Pi is like 30 bucks total, and you just plug it in to a cell phone charger near your router/switch and there you go.

DoktorLoken posted:

It runs on a Raspberry Pi dude, and it takes all of 30 minutes to setup: https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Rasp...eywords=Canakit

Thats $70 not $30. :smug:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Man, oldest (3 1/2) has an ear infection or something. I have a Biology Lab final that I'm having to do so I get to worry about that (he's been sick for the past few days) and his appointment today. loving shutdown had my wife and I worried if we were gonna be able to get an appointment for him because he's been sick all weekend.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ded posted:

Thats $70 not $30. :smug:

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Rasp...berry+pi+zero+w

That will run it just the same, except that model only has wifi instead of ethernet like the bigger Pi.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I put almost 1,000 miles on a pair of Lowa boots. They held up great and were comfy as all hell. Expensive though, $250-$300 a pair.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FYI sign up for https://www.experticity.com (AFAIK open to veterans too) for some huge military discounts to include Merrell.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dasharez0ne/da-share-z0ne-the-devils-level-card-game?ref=discovery

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

One of the guest artists, @weedguy420boner

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

One of the guest artists, @weedguy420boner

And this still looks better than 90 percent of the stuff on Kickstarter.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoktorLoken posted:

FYI sign up for https://www.experticity.com (AFAIK open to veterans too) for some huge military discounts to include Merrell.

I get mine through my discount at work. But that's awesome anyhow.

I need another pair of bare accesses once it warms up again.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

DoktorLoken posted:

poo poo, I didn't realize Merrell was on here. Thanks for the heads up! I go through a set of ventilators every 1.5 years or so, so the discount here is quite nice.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/23/john-cena-in-talks-to-star-in-duke-nukem

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I hope that is so terrible it loops back around and becomes awesome.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress ign

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

john cena owns

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
A more intelligent and nuanced take on The Marine.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Won't even be Duke's first big screen appearance, since he's going to be in Ready Player One.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

I hope that is so terrible it loops back around and becomes awesome.

The Rock couldn't salvage Doom.

On wrestlers, Goldberg was awesome on grand tour last week.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

Won't even be Duke's first big screen appearance, since he's going to be in Ready Player One.

But he's not an 80s video game goddammit gently caress I hate RPO and hope Ernest Cline dies in an ironic accident recreating an 80s montage.

Note to mods: that last part was far, far from sincere

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't Spielberg responsible for loving up the movie?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's not loving up, it's Spielberg doing the best he can with some terrible source material

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
yeah Ready Player One is hot hot garbage

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoyed the Audiobook of ready player one. Will Wheaton does good with the narration. Book has some cringe worthy moments but it’s a fun Audiobook.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah.

Haven't read it, don't care about it, I'm not all that caught up in 80s fever.

I did get caught in the fake Friends movie trailer wave. I never got into Friends until it was in syndication, but that trailer. Goddamnit. I really wanted it to be real. :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I enjoyed the Audiobook of ready player one. Will Wheaton does good with the narration. Book has some cringe worthy moments but it’s a fun Audiobook.

Wil Wheaton got involved (probably, just my theory) because he likes to have people think he's a nerd while the author sucks him off by writing him into the book favorably. He can't narrate audiobooks for poo poo and the two times he tried to do voices were terrible. If I could Total Recall that audiobook out of my brain I would do it in a heartbeat, Danny DeVito coming to kill me or not.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You could always eternal sunshine it away. You won't wake up to kirsten dunst dancing around your living room though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

But he's not an 80s video game goddammit gently caress I hate RPO and hope Ernest Cline dies in an ironic accident recreating an 80s montage.

Note to mods: that last part was far, far from sincere

Fuckin lol watch the latest trailer, they have that tracer chick from overwatch in it and other modern bullshit because that retarded movie is just Forest Gump for millennials

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Slim Pickens posted:

Fuckin lol watch the latest trailer, they have that tracer chick from overwatch in it and other modern bullshit because that retarded movie is just Forest Gump for millennials

:stare: mother of god

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope Steven Spielberg is getting paid well for this steaming pile of poo poo. Personally I can't wait to get drunk and talk poo poo when I see it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

DOOM movie starring the Rock & pre-Dredd/post Xena Karl Urban was memorable for the first person shooter sequence....and that is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH61uqfZqxQ

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
my rule of "dont watch videogame movies" has been paying off

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ first Silent Hill movie was actually pretty decent.

No poo poo. I didn't expect a well written script or anything worth watching, but it is forgettable in its entirety.

What movie was it that the Rock finally became acceptable as a serious actor?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Mummy Returns

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I've got lovely flat and wide feet and I've been running on Brooks Addiction running shoes for 5 years now because they've been absolutely amazing for my feet. No additional insoles or gel inserts needed. Each pairs lasted a year to a year and a half through hard use and deployments. They come in 2E width for me which is a hell of a lot better than I see most places stock.

Turns out going to a proper running store and having the shoe person tell me that not having enough of an arch was what was killing my feet with the Adidas I had on at the time. Talk to a professional

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The Mummy Returns

Oh yeah. The beginning of his career, the beginning of the end for Brendan Fraser.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Brendan Fraser really some how hung on a lot longer than he should have

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh yeah. The beginning of his career, the beginning of the end for Brendan Fraser.

Amazingly he even went Disney after a few years and then returned to Main stream Hollywood. The Rock owns.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I heard good things about this but never have the money to buy a copy when money is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mods change my name posted:

my rule of "dont watch videogame movies" has been paying off

This is typically good and I followed it much like “Don’t watch Stephen king movies” I haven’t seen It, but I want to. I have heard great things.