Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Dad chat 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I dad so much even the Mormons at work are jealous.

Shim, get back on Steam dammit.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I have the daddest of bods.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dad bod shameful bod

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am getting soft(er) because I have a hole in my abdomen and can't get surgery until the end of January. That means I mostly shuffle around and eat too much.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sounds like a lack of heart to me

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Last year, my brother in law swam 102km, cycled 4731 km and ran 1800 km.

gently caress all that noise

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What the gently caress is a km

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Killer Mike.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Distance measurement in a lot of video games.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OG dad bodder checkin’ in. Made a lovely dinner last night and went to be early. Woke up to the sound of automatic gunfire at midnight. Some redneck in my neighborhood got a bumpfire stock.

Ho-hum.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Nobody uses KM unless they're pro cyclists because they travel to europe where everything over there is KM

here in 'MERICA we use god drat miles.

Also tell him he needs to up his cycling game, those are low numbers

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gently caress the entire concept of podcasts, Back from the used bookstore expedition.

Using the term expedition because several of the outer buildings have no heat normally, and there was zero heat in a few sections of the other buildings.
Temperature outside was a brisk 9 degrees, and the unheated areas managed to be colder than that.
Found some Vernor Vinge books that usually never appear, David Drake's Hammers Slammers, and grabbed a copy of the fascinating & horrific "Japan at War: An Oral History" because the copy I lent out to someone got pet-mangled.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 1, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

gently caress the entire concept of podcasts, Back from the used bookstore expedition.

Using the term expedition because several of the outer buildings have no heat normally, and there was zero heat in a few sections of the other buildings.
Temperature outside was a brisk 9 degrees, and the unheated areas managed to be colder than that.
Found some Vernor Vinge books that usually never appear, David Drake's Hammers Slammers, and grabbed a copy of the fascinating & horrific "Japan at War: An Oral History" because the copy I lent out to someone got pet-mangled.

It's hard to read and drive so there is that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LingcodKilla posted:

It takes practice, I suggest you start off small by sending and receiving texts

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

It takes practice, I suggest you start off small by sending and receiving texts

The “I’m not driving” thing on my iPhone makes texting while driving much harder. I just want the auto text sent so I have an excuse to not respond I don’t want to have to click extra boxes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

80s retro synth music still good

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

80s retro synth music still good

True.

Unrelated to that music:

I really enjoyed watching this performance while pretty lit last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVDJ8O3lPBA

That guitar about 19 minutes in :wow:

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 2, 2018

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm one of the weird dudes that prefers silence or light music playing while I'm driving.

Went to that cold-rear end bookstore looking for the book that Get Carter (Michael Caine version) was based on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV4XrUDBlfM

The book is supposed to be way more brutal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you need more Michael Caine-related literature, Len Deighton's Harry Palmer novels are available for Kindle.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If anybody in the US is familiar with meters and kilometers it should be people that were in the military, it's like the only distance measurements we use.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mustang posted:

If anybody in the US is familiar with meters and kilometers it should be people that were in the military, it's like the only distance measurements we use.

And cyclists. Cause it makes it seem like you went further and and more impressive to say 100 kilometers :smug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

As much as Alabama sucks I’d love to see two SEC teams in the finale... it’d be p sweet to see them lose to Georgia with the whole world watching.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mustang posted:

BMW insists on using metric units for everything in their technical documents (and German for all their acronyms and wiring diagrams). They gave me a 20-120 Nm torque wrench when I graduated STEP.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I'm in a weird hellscape where we use km and meters all the loving time, but also NM and kft and m/s and knots and mach and wtf?

Engineers, army dudes, and aviators had a massive fight, I assume, and the end result was that I now have to know it all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey Zeris, can we rename the thread Dad Chat 2018: EXPERIENCE BIJ!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mustang posted:

Has the Navy finally converted over?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Madurai posted:

Has the Navy finally converted over?

No, why would we use non nautical units?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why would you wear nautical camo?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Godholio posted:

Why would you wear nautical camo?

As incentive for people not to fall off the boat.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Aw yiss, it's 11 outside and won't be over 25 the rest of the week. Fancy long coat weather!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I loving love this time of year.

It’s the time of year when you find out how poorly insulated the house you’re renting is and you realize there is basically nothing you can do about it, except for buying more window insulation and door draft stoppers.

I can’t wait until I buy a house and can just insulate it and fix it up the way I want to.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My apartment is well insulated, but the collection of units I'm in have a shared gas/water bill. Fortunately the families of 8, 10 and 13(!!!) have moved out, which makes the water bill a lot cheaper now. But it doesn't prevent the people upstairs who leave the patio door open all day/night to smoke from running their heat at full blast all the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We're stuck in that lovely weather pattern where it's sunny and 35 all day. No moisture so no snow as a distraction. Just low-angle sunlight looking 50 but hovering just above freezing. gently caress this state. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I enjoy the 3 weeks of winter we get here. I own a jacket and it’s nice to wear it occasionally.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gonna be a balmy 60 here in NorCal today. :cool:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Gonna be a balmy 60 here in NorCal today. :cool:

Negative degrees F here.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007