Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
Limbo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
Please explain how limbo owns in whatever eight person nightmare level mission I was subjected to just now.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'll try this a couple days, since I honestly have no intention of keeping it and would rather have the plat; I quoted someone 1k and the went "LOL IDIOT" and blocked me, so I'm guessing that was a bit too much. :v:

If you're interested give me a shout on the clan discord (I'm Edmond#1080), or in-game (EdmondSA) and we can talk it over.

Cool cool. I'll make sure to get on tomorrow since I have family coming in town for a week on Wednesday. In game name is SpacemanBill if you want to add me; I haven't jumped on the discord yet, but I will one of these days.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

While we're on the subject are there any truly 'bad' frames that should be avoided? Looking to choose a first one to branch out into after my starter (volt), valkyr was kinda appealing because the melee in this game is so fun, but i like sniping too. I'm not against picking something suboptimal, just don't want to saddle myself with something that won't be able to do well in random party-or-solo missions

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 23, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's technically no such thing as an actually awful frame because it comes down to personal preference. they all have uses. some are less...useful when it comes to those uses, but the uses still exist.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Indecisive posted:

While we're on the subject are there any truly 'bad' frames that should be avoided? Looking to choose a first one to branch out into after my starter (volt), valkyr was kinda appealing because the melee in this game is so fun, but i like sniping too. I'm not against picking something suboptimal, just don't want to saddle myself with something that won't be able to do well in random party-or-solo missions

Limbo is actually pretty strong in some niches (especially mobile defense and excavation) but his ability to annoy and screw with teammates (intentionally or not) is way out of proportion with his strength.

Zephyr is one of the several frames buyable from the clan dojo. She is the birdframe with bird flight powers, created before DE redesigned the movement system and gave every player a free superjump that performs better than her actual spend-energy-to-cast abilities. She's not totally useless though: her Turbulence ability makes a bubble of wind around her to deflect enemy bullets and make her extremely hard to kill, so she can sort of play the same "invincible motherfucker" role as rhino or inaros or wukong.

Besides those two, nothing comes to mind.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Wukong is generally regarded as pretty lackluster. He has an invulnerability skill but that's about it.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Limbo needs another rework, they hosed him up. Woohoo thanks rifle riven, I totally want to try and do a lvl30 survival without killing anything! I guess I can just Trinity and heal people, but I'm gonna look like a huge rear end in a top hat.
So like, ya know, totally normal.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's technically no such thing as an actually awful frame because it comes down to personal preference. they all have uses. some are less...useful when it comes to those uses, but the uses still exist.

Yeah but telling a newbie "with my tens of thousands of hours of in game experience and GDP of Latvia in platinum, I can make every frame work" is less than useful more often than not.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah but telling a newbie "with my tens of thousands of hours of in game experience and GDP of Latvia in platinum, I can make every frame work" is less than useful more often than not.

That's not what he's saying. No frame is useless, and can all be made to work in their specific niche. The less good ones do well in their niche, but are over shadowed by other games that do better.

For example, zephyr is supposed to be the mobility frame, but titania does it way better.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Newbies just need to get used to flipping around like a methed out squirrel armed to the teeth, like 90% of your time in missions is going to be doing this exact thing. Every frame in the game can do crazy parkour ninja poo poo, the powers are just a nice bonus.
Like I mained Excalibur back when it was considered a crappy poo poo frame, and I did fine.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The only two frames I’ve tried and sold basically immediately were zephyr and mag. They just do nothing for me.mag especially.

Volt is my fishing frame so it gets a pass even though I wasn’t super thrilled with it otherwise but it’s so good at fishing.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I enjoy playing Volt even outside of fishing. The lightning shield is a lot of fun to use now that you can pick it up and carry it, and his 4 is a fantastic stun + DoT combo.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Volt deluxe skin is really cool too.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Wait, what does Volt do to make fishing better? I have him in a crate somewhere and I've just started going back to engage with the Plains stuff.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

Wait, what does Volt do to make fishing better? I have him in a crate somewhere and I've just started going back to engage with the Plains stuff.

Volt's passive adds damage to your fishing spear, so you don't have to micromanage 3 different spears (which is already loving stupid but :de:).

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Thaaaaaat is incredibly handy, you're right. I'll have to give it a spin next time I log on, I've been breaking from a month of powergrinding to do faction stuff for the first time and all the weird side activities are hitting an itch.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dreadwroth posted:

Woohoo thanks rifle riven, I totally want to try and do a lvl30 survival without killing anything! I guess I can just Trinity and heal people, but I'm gonna look like a huge rear end in a top hat.
So like, ya know, totally normal.

Just play a stealth or unkillable frame and run around opening lockers/smacking urns. You can pickpocket as Ivara, too.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Eyespy posted:

Asking again: Who looks after the PSN clan invites?
I'm told there's a "Warframe Goons" PS4 community. Joining that will probably be helpful.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm told there's a "Warframe Goons" PS4 community. Joining that will probably be helpful.

:cheers:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Vargs posted:

Just play a stealth or unkillable frame and run around opening lockers/smacking urns. You can pickpocket as Ivara, too.

Oh duh, I should do that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

That's not what he's saying. No frame is useless, and can all be made to work in their specific niche. The less good ones do well in their niche, but are over shadowed by other games that do better.

For example, zephyr is supposed to be the mobility frame, but titania does it way better.

Ah, I see. My bad then.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's worth mentioning every frame can do the late game content pretty easily as well. Most players will never go above level 100 enemies so the min max builds are massively overkill.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

RFC2324 posted:

Seconded. We no longer have a totally retarded frame no one would ever love because they're useless in anything. Even Oberon, who used to be the red headed stepchild of Lotus, got buffed to be pretty dang well in any mission. Even Hydroid is not that bad.

Instead what we got are frames that cater to different playstyles. It comes down to how powerful you want to feel and how much of that power you want to use in a mission, and how would you like your Grineer served: well done, crispy, finely diced or skewered, etc.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Any frame can be fun with a good weapon.

Any weapon can be fun with a good frame.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

limbo players think they're performing some kind of sick own on the other players by doing rift poo poo but in reality they're suffering by playing an awful frame that's always been awful

Limbo used to be able to run this bizarre thing I described as "broad daylight assassin." Against Sortie-level enemies, just spend all your time in the rift, running around looking for Bombards, cat ladies, bursas, etc.- the super hard to kill heavies. When you find one, drag it into the rift, give yourself an absurd damage multiplier, and blast their face off. It leaves the rest of the team free to run whatever CC they want without needing to worry about the unkillable sortie heavies.

Well, it used to. Now if you try that you get whatever enemies were around the heavy too, and also instead of a damage boost you just make your bullets not fly anymore. :downs:

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

wid posted:

Seconded. We no longer have a totally retarded frame no one would ever love because they're useless in anything. Even Oberon, who used to be the red headed stepchild of Lotus, got buffed to be pretty dang well in any mission. Even Hydroid is not that bad.

Instead what we got are frames that cater to different playstyles. It comes down to how powerful you want to feel and how much of that power you want to use in a mission, and how would you like your Grineer served: well done, crispy, finely diced or skewered, etc.

This is true. I have not been playing for very long but I have about 25 frames maxed out. They were all fun in their own way but my playstyle keeps me gravitating to fast moving frames with some invulnerability gimmick to keep me from dying to an all-too-frequent mistake. -- Nezha, Zephyr, and Rhino. I love Mirage Prime for messing around and I consider her very fun; Limbo too. I keep Valkyr Prime ready to go for when we really need to dish out a ton of damage in a rough environment. Nidus for infested defense missions is insanely fun. Other great frames are Banshee Prime (with Resonating Quake, she's hilarious), Ember (WORLD ON FIRE) and Frost Prime (for the defense) -- all are useful depending on the missions and/or moods. Spy missions are easy peasy with Ivara.

Frames I have that I have never used beyond getting the MR (despite looking forward to many of them) are Volt, Mag, Wukong, Trinity, Loki, and Oberon. It's not that they are bad but I don't get as excited to play them. I want to like Wukong but... he's just kind of boring.

Bottom line is this game is great because you can find something to do to suit any mood. The frame variability adds to that and the layers of complexity and difference are really what makes me excited to play every day.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I am torn whether to forma my Lenz or my Akstillo Prime first. The Lenz is great so I may just have to do it for the boom factor alone.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Man archwing sucks.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Flipswitch posted:

I am torn whether to forma my Lenz or my Akstillo Prime first. The Lenz is great so I may just have to do it for the boom factor alone.

Why not both?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

build the knux and make archwing at least moderately, vaguely alright because you get to punch things to death with sockem boppers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Professor Latency posted:

Man archwing sucks.

I got really nauseous on my first run becaue I forgot to change my sensitivity for it (it was default 50-50-50 instead of 1-18-18 I play on).

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Professor Latency posted:

Man archwing sucks.

It's not *that* bad. Until....

That pursuit (or whatever it's called) on Saturn where you have to shoot the tiny little things on the ship that's moving around like an idiot and dropping mines and little dudes. gently caress that. I don't need to deploy extractors on that planet anyway! :colbert:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Flipswitch posted:

That's my default loadout unless I'm doing something specific like a spy mission or a restricted sortie. I'm up to 8 2 missions without killing myself with the Lenz!

Just forma as you need; I have both of them at 3 forma since I haven't upgraded the mods to full yet (and I'm still missing Primed Target Cracker for the Stilettos), so it's not like you have to go 4 forma at once.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lumpy posted:

It's not *that* bad. Until....

That pursuit (or whatever it's called) on Saturn where you have to shoot the tiny little things on the ship that's moving around like an idiot and dropping mines and little dudes. gently caress that. I don't need to deploy extractors on that planet anyway! :colbert:

Also there is zero indication of what you need to be doing throughout the whole mission.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Psion posted:

The only two frames I’ve tried and sold basically immediately were zephyr and mag. They just do nothing for me.mag especially.

wid posted:

Even Oberon, who used to be the red headed stepchild of Lotus, got buffed to be pretty dang well in any mission.

My starter frame was Mag and I thought it was pretty awesome. Then I used literally any other frame, and I have not picked Mag back up since. It's not bad, it's just that all of its abilities are kind of pointless.

Oberon's my current favorite. Just rolling around with zero shields, getting energy every time someone hurts me, using that energy to heal myself and everyone on the team while also maintaining a +270 armor buff- the passives on Oberon are just so good.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

turn off the TV posted:

Also there is zero indication of what you need to be doing throughout the whole mission.

To be fair that's most things in this game.

Excited for the 2.5 patch on The Playstation 4 gaming console this evening. I need to clean up my ship a bit before company comes over...

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I'm probably the only guy that still likes zephyr and that's because her passive is just having low gravity all the time, I literally don't use any ability other then turbulence unless i'm messing around which should probably tell you everything you need to know about zephyr.

As for archwing be sure that experimental flight is turned off, that changes it so rolling is turned off and your archwing is generally much more stable and probably wont give you motion sickness.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wanted to like zephyr but the question is “is this frame better than 20 plat for a new frame slot” and not quite. The air dash moves were really good, especially as a newish player who would otherwise fall into chasms or get stuck on dumb rocks or whatever.

If they rework Zephyr I’m all set with the cosmetics I kept so I can go right back to what matters :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

How farmy this is for MR3? Negatives are what I'm missing.