Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Gratz BAYBEEE!!! :420::toot::420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are the good guns my vault is too full

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Super No Vacancy posted:

what are the good guns my vault is too full

better devils
Uriel's gift
sins of the past
nameless midnight
atalanta-d
antiope
last hope
merciless
the colony
crimson

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do console players not know about positive outlook? That gun is loving super sick nasty most of us on PC have 2-3 MWK Outlooks

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Racked 'em

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

Do console players not know about positive outlook? That gun is loving super sick nasty most of us on PC have 2-3 MWK Outlooks

It’s really good but HCR on Uriel’s fucks with console people in 1v1s more than Kill Clip will let you get mop ups

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the sky...farer's... cannon? that thing hits hard is it good. skyburner's torchic

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://i.imgur.com/rtWYOho.mp4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

How do I stop being bad at pvp? I can shoot computer mans.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Go back to 2001 and tell your younger self to play Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST and Reach.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

On the off chance that any bungie employees read this; My titan turned in enough Dead Orbit faction tokens for 31 engrams and I got 15+ truthtellers. I say 15+ only because I stopped counting. I will never want or need 1 truthteller, let alone 15 of the fuckers. Just wanted a triple tap highish impact handcanon.

10/10 faction rally

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Differo Cathedra posted:

On the off chance that any bungie employees read this; My titan turned in enough Dead Orbit faction tokens for 31 engrams and I got 15+ truthtellers. I say 15+ only because I stopped counting. I will never want or need 1 truthteller, let alone 15 of the fuckers. Just wanted a triple tap highish impact handcanon.

10/10 faction rally

Did you do it all at once or throughout the week?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Throughout the week. Does it matter rewardwise or something?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Uploaded an archive of our Flawless run featuring Poom's :420:420'th:420: win. We faced some really good teams, the matchmaking gods weren't kind (save for the first 2 teams), clawing our way to the 7th win. Countdown on Eternity is :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZa_NpzA2I

Also landed this rocket kill in the last match. :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/wqkgVwa.gifv

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Differo Cathedra posted:

Throughout the week. Does it matter rewardwise or something?

Now that is some terrible luck.
The reason I asked is that some people think handing in tokens in rapid succession leads to more dupes. I haven't seen a lot of testing done on it and my own findings are pure conjecture, but it really does feel that way to and just to be sure I always take my time now when handing in a lot of stuff.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

I usually do the daily faction mission(lol don't do these) then a bunch of public events on the EDZ until I get about 100 tokens. Then I turn those in, get 1-3 truthtellers and then quit the game in disgust before trying the next day.

Worse part is that I got so accustomed to destroying the garbage the game gives me that I mistakenly dismantled the one Dire Promise the game deigned to grant me.

Halfway through the dismantle bar I thought "Wait...Is that a handcannon with triple tap. No big deal, I'm sure I'll get at least one in the next 10 engrams. Plus there's no random rolls." :downsgun:

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Jfc Stephen hawking

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I have loving idea how you pulled that off, but I like it so much.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

1) Learn to click on enemy player healthbars, this gives you perfect headshots

2) Always hug walls and cover. If you are exposed to teamshotting for more than a second without cover you are a dead man

3) Switch guns based on map so your always fighting at your most effective range

4) if you don’t know where your own team is, you hosed up

5) if you poke down a hall/tunnel and the enemy is already set up, loving BAIL instead of trying to trade with 3 dudes who are already looking your way

6) Heavy Ammo is king

7) Check your radar like the speedometer in your car, a quick glance every few seconds while your moving and shooting. Remaining ignorant of your radar is suicide

There’s a lot more but those are the super basic ideas that I used to get better

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Uploaded an archive of our Flawless run featuring Poom's :420:420'th:420: win. We faced some really good teams, the matchmaking gods weren't kind (save for the first 2 teams), clawing our way to the 7th win. Countdown on Eternity is :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZa_NpzA2I

Also landed this rocket kill in the last match. :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/wqkgVwa.gifv

B-b-b-b-blessed.

That was a fun card and we stepped it up against some tough competition. Only loss of the night to a twitch streamer so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good poo poo team

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

If I didn't carry you through Vault of Glass three years ago we wouldn't be here today. This guy learned to gently caress from me

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

loving ace lmao

Right in the fuckin’ toe.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 23, 2018

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Focus on survival first and foremost. A good weapon for learning the Git Gud is Nameless Midnight (or Purpose if you have some Trials charity engrams). Stick behind your team, control your engagement range, focus on cleanup, watch the lanes where engagements happen, learn flank routes. If you don't land the first shot in a fight, bail ASAP. Learn your escape routes.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

If I didn't carry you through Vault of Glass three years ago we wouldn't be here today. This guy learned to gently caress from me

Whoa whoa whoa

We've been crushing puss and eating rear end since CoD:MW3 or maybe earlier.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

deadwing posted:

Focus on survival first and foremost. A good weapon for learning the Git Gud is Nameless Midnight (or Purpose if you have some Trials charity engrams). Stick behind your team, control your engagement range, focus on cleanup, watch the lanes where engagements happen, learn flank routes. If you don't land the first shot in a fight, bail ASAP. Learn your escape routes.

All this can basically be boiled down to hide like a bitch and only fight with the herd

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

All this can basically be boiled down to hide like a bitch and only fight with the herd

For learning map flow and lanes, absolutely. Once you have map awareness you can play more aggressively.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I learned by following a teammate that didn't suck and being his fight buddy during the match. Learn the maps, pick a weapon that works for you, don't be a spaz (like I was) when engaging. I went from being the team albatross to actually carrying a team through a match the other night. I'm not great, but I'm not useless any more either.

Also why did I disassemble Nameless Midnight, goddammit, it's better than MIDA

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I've decided that my favorite part of this gif is his body spinning away into the desert sand while Celine Dion is hitting the chorus of "My Heart Will Go On".

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

1) Learn to click on enemy player healthbars, this gives you perfect headshots

2) Always hug walls and cover. If you are exposed to teamshotting for more than a second without cover you are a dead man

3) Switch guns based on map so your always fighting at your most effective range

4) if you don’t know where your own team is, you hosed up

5) if you poke down a hall/tunnel and the enemy is already set up, loving BAIL instead of trying to trade with 3 dudes who are already looking your way

6) Heavy Ammo is king

7) Check your radar like the speedometer in your car, a quick glance every few seconds while your moving and shooting. Remaining ignorant of your radar is suicide

There’s a lot more but those are the super basic ideas that I used to get better

I agree with all those but for #5, I sometimes deliberately charge the fuckers and get 3 for 1s at the cost of my life. Pulse grenades are an amazing tool of fuckery.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
New Monarchy wins again much to pretty much nobody's surprise.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

deadwing posted:

Focus on survival first and foremost. A good weapon for learning the Git Gud is Nameless Midnight (or Purpose if you have some Trials charity engrams). Stick behind your team, control your engagement range, focus on cleanup, watch the lanes where engagements happen, learn flank routes. If you don't land the first shot in a fight, bail ASAP. LEARN YOUR ESCAPE ROUTES.

These are points are so loving crucial, cannot be overstated, and SHOULD NOT be misinterpreted as this...

ZeusCannon posted:

We all know how effective team shooting is, but leave the judgment at the door, bub.

Survival is key, and that means knowing when and where to bail. Control your engagements as best you can.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"You know what they say, 'the only stat that matters is that W.'"
-absolomb

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

ZeusCannon posted:

Lmao what is this?

Sit the gently caress down because I'm going to remind you that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country because he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

And by that, if the other guys are sending one dude into our four guns, all the better.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Insane Totoro posted:

Lmao what is this?

Sit the gently caress down because I'm going to remind you that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country because he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

And by that, if the other guys are sending one dude into our four guns, all the better.

gently caress you biatch im gonna win this war hiding in this foxhole in the forest

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Legs Benedict posted:

gently caress you biatch im gonna win this war hiding in this foxhole in the forest

We're talking about destiny not pubg

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

We're talking about destiny not pubg

Patented top ten strat

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Legs Benedict posted:

Kid, don't make me turn this invasion army around towards Brest.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

el B posted:

These are points are so loving crucial, cannot be overstated, and SHOULD NOT be misinterpreted as this...

We all know how effective team shooting is, but leave the judgment at the door, bub.

Survival is key, and that means knowing when and where to bail. Control your engagements as best you can.

This is exactly why I advocate learning with a Scout. If you use an AR or a SMG your ability to outplay people is stronger. This can lead to building bad habits based on mechanical skill. A scout makes you build game sense. You need to know your lanes, you need to fire first or that AR guy will outgun you.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

cvnvcnv posted:

What kind of surgery requires lots of movement right afterward?

Listerine posted:

(I think) it can keep scar tissue from forming and limiting joint mobility.

Apparently it prevents a lot of stuff, like deep vein thrombosis, constipation, and pneumonia, from occurring.

Spinal fusionL4-5, stress fracture=slipped disc :argh:
https://m.imgur.com/a/AVtCk
Stuff like increase walking distance every day, get up and move every 30min and use the the incentive spirometer every 10min for the first week after surgery. Being out of work 2 months it’ll give me a load of free time.

Smoove fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another week passes where I complete crucible and clan xp milestones on all 3 characters, and also have 4 clan engrams available, and can’t be bothered to redeem any of them. The loot in this game is boring.