Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
i guess the point is make a it good game and people will care about hard/prestige stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:siren:420 Stream:siren:

I'm sitting at 415 trials wins. Me and the MEN are gonna run a card tonight and I'm going to live stream it so y'all should come chill and get blazed out with us. I'm gonna be taking bong rips before every match and trying to solve a rubik's cube in between games as well. Should be lots of fun. First card of the week, no warm ups, we're just jumping in. Probably won't go flawless first try but all I care about is getting high with my BROTHERS and getting high when that counter hits 420 mm mm mmm. I've got three strains of weed I'm gonna be tokin' on this eve of victory: Redbull OG, Tahoe Cookies, and Grandmaster OG Kush. This post is just to let y'all know what I'm all about and how I live my life and to wet your whistle a little bit. Probably lookin somewheres between 8-9 est start time but you know I'll be back later with the link. Stay high, chat.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

I'm sitting at 415 trials wins. Me and the MEN are gonna run a card tonight and I'm going to live stream it so y'all should come chill and get blazed out with us. I'm gonna be taking bong rips before every match and trying to solve a rubik's cube in between games as well. Should be lots of fun. First card of the week, no warm ups, we're just jumping in. Probably won't go flawless first try but all I care about is getting high with my BROTHERS and getting high when that counter hits 420 mm mm mmm. I've got three strains of weed I'm gonna be tokin' on this eve of victory: Redbull OG, Tahoe Cookies, and Grandmaster OG Kush. This post is just to let y'all know what I'm all about and how I live my life and to wet your whistle a little bit. Probably lookin somewheres between 8-9 est start time but you know I'll be back later with the link. Stay high, chat.

This guy fucks.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

el B posted:

poo poo, maybe I'll cancel my raid

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

el B posted:

me, except I have only a few Trials wins

:thunk:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

just gonna leave this here

That's not a fair comparison because the raids in destiny 1 created awe and wonder

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress I mean my favorite part of Crota was standing on the initial disc, watching the bridge form, watching two people go early and die, and me getting to the dark below and cratering my body at mach 10

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

gently caress I mean my favorite part of Crota was standing on the initial disc, watching the bridge form, watching two people go early and die, and me getting to the dark below and cratering my body at mach 10

I was the loving ~master~ of "swing-away" sword cheese.

Bring back the Icebreaker, imo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

moist turtleneck posted:

Putting on Skullfort and barreling through the thrall pit owned.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

Putting on Skullfort and barreling through the thrall pit owned.

I carried untold legions of bitches through the thrall pit with my don't touch me's and a gjallerhorn.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

RBA Starblade posted:

I still haven't done the raid lair or prestige raid. Honestly I forgot Prestige was a thing.

The raid lair is really good you should do it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Is there a PS4 clan where people still play? Big Diehard Sax Machines has 90 members but the only person I've ever seen online is Judge Tesla

I have a k/d of 1.2 (ka/d 1.6) so I'm not very good but I actually enjoy pvp and it'd be nice to not solo queue all the time

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Norns posted:

The raid lair is really good you should do it

I tried but there wasn't enough people on PS4 in US primetime to get a raid group together. Why bother?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Totoro runs raids like every week, you could just ask

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dude is in fact a hellafied raider

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you think you can just randomly log in and raid, that’s your problem. Usually these things are somewhat planned as they can take a while especially if you haven’t done it before.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Look for raids on Tuesday/Wednesday night, raiding becomes more active right after the weekly reset and then dies down throughout the week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The raid lair was great fun but too short. It's like a jumping puzzle, kill ads, run a short maze, boss fight.

It needed another encounter or two.

The raid lair concept is kind of a cool one. Fight your way into a throne room to show youre worthy, get access to more consumed world's to hone your skill to eventually get somewhere to do something but it's not exactly fleshed out and one boss fight and two sections of running through stuff is a bit weak for a paid expansion.

It would have all been fine if the forbidden Forrest actually had a point. When it first came out I half excepted/hoped it to be the new prison. Osiris serves as your guide as you fight in different vex created arenas and bosses and you get loot.

Would have been a better way to go.

They should bring back weapon bounties in pvp to shake up the meta a little bit. At least when they did that it gave you a reason to run around for a game with a pulse or doctrine.

I still think for 6v6 and the announced changes to work well the lethality of guns and movement needs to improve - particularly in air accuracy.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Is there a PS4 clan where people still play? Big Diehard Sax Machines has 90 members but the only person I've ever seen online is Judge Tesla

I have a k/d of 1.2 (ka/d 1.6) so I'm not very good but I actually enjoy pvp and it'd be nice to not solo queue all the time

So do you want to be a Boat Drivin Space Moana or a Goldman Shaxx employee? I got sluts, let me know.

We also are getting together trials teams regularly now so... Sign up!

Also I run like three raids a week so.... Sign up!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
*slots

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

Request sent. Should be active until next Tuesday’s surgery. I’ll have to see how that goes since I’ll need to move around frequently. I may just have to play Overwatch for some time.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

The raid lair was great fun but too short. It's like a jumping puzzle, kill ads, run a short maze, boss fight.

It needed another encounter or two.

The raid lair concept is kind of a cool one. Fight your way into a throne room to show youre worthy, get access to more consumed world's to hone your skill to eventually get somewhere to do something but it's not exactly fleshed out and one boss fight and two sections of running through stuff is a bit weak for a paid expansion.

It would have all been fine if the forbidden Forrest actually had a point. When it first came out I half excepted/hoped it to be the new prison. Osiris serves as your guide as you fight in different vex created arenas and bosses and you get loot.

Would have been a better way to go.

They should bring back weapon bounties in pvp to shake up the meta a little bit. At least when they did that it gave you a reason to run around for a game with a pulse or doctrine.

I still think for 6v6 and the announced changes to work well the lethality of guns and movement needs to improve - particularly in air accuracy.

Weapon bounties that reward what now?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

cvnvcnv posted:

What kind of surgery requires lots of movement right afterward?

(I think) it can keep scar tissue from forming and limiting joint mobility.

Apparently it prevents a lot of stuff, like deep vein thrombosis, constipation, and pneumonia, from occurring.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 23, 2018

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Only 415? :chord:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

A guaranteed masterwork of the archetype?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

A guaranteed masterwork of the archetype?

I mean yeah that would be nice but as I see it the masterwork situation has already kinda played itself out. I barely play this game and I have the only guns that matter masterworked up. I’ve had some fortunate rng in that I got an antipope, a Uriel’s and a curtain call to drop, but if you play with any frequency you’d have to be kinda set already.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Wait, is gun variety seriously one of the issues here? Like, there aren't a lot of guns in the FPS loot game?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the issue for a lot of people is that there are guns that are indisputably superior, which means that for those people once you get them and then a masterwork version with the stat roll you want, the Chase is over

the loot pool is technically larger (in terms of individual weapons to acquire) but functionally smaller (numerically less possibilities in that loot pool due to lack of random stats), which only exacerbates this issue

edit: also ABGD’s post below mine also touches on the sameyness of a lot of guns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sunday at work posted:

Wait, is gun variety seriously one of the issues here? Like, there aren't a lot of guns in the FPS loot game?

Yeah the guns all feel the same and the only differentiating perks are explosive rounds and cluster bombs.

Most of the perk selection options are of the “slightly faster reload speed or 2 more rounds in the mag” variety. It sucks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's been scientifically proven that humans can only care about three weapon archetypes (that aren't rocket launchers) at a time.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:siren:420 STREAM:siren:

WWW.THEHYPEISREAL.NET

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Get smoked

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah the guns all feel the same and the only differentiating perks are explosive rounds and cluster bombs.

Most of the perk selection options are of the “slightly faster reload speed or 2 more rounds in the mag” variety. It sucks.

To add to this: For pvp your usual load out is based off two or three weapons and a partner for it or you're at a disadvantage.

Mida with a last hope or smg
Uriels with an smg
Or basically anything in the same archetype as those in similar slots.

It's rare to see someone run a handcannon and an smg for example.

I find myself running with a handcannon just for variety and something a bit different and you're at a deliberate disadvantage in doing so.

Pulses need a buff and handcannons should get an in air accuracy buff and more adjustments to the bloom.

That alone would shake things up.

It all circles back to bungie just going too far to mitigate the relatively minor problems with d1. Instead of trying one fix they smashed everything with 3 or 4 and now everything is vanilla and bland.

Nerfing doesn't so much improve variance as it just creates a new top dog and using usage numbers to justify it is ridiculously stupid. They could get a better balance done quite easily they just choose a worse method everytime.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 23, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

that perk that overflows bullets to your next clip for every kill is interesting and has PvE potential, but yeah apart from that nothing really stands out or feels different

even firefly is crap compared to how it was in D1

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is that an Orton pose emote

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Grats

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

Is that an Orton pose emote

Pretty sure it’s the YMCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I dunno.... 2 Tokens and a blue? That may be too generous put it on a timer too maybe