Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

E2M2 posted:

Anyone seen a good guide on replacing the full housing on a New 3ds XL? Got a refurbed one from Gamestop but the housing has a couple scratches.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm playing through the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and I'm having a lot of fun.

There were purists complaining that the new art style isn't very good. I'm a big fan of it. Not having the exaggerated poses is a shame, but the new style isn't without merit. I homebrewed my 2DS over the weekend and put the original GBA game on there for the hell of it. I think something is off about it in comparison. The brother's faces look too big and yet scrunched, and the jumping animation isn't very satisfying.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Magnetite is in Devil Survivor too, that's the only SMT game I've seen it in (I haven't played Soul Hackers yet, or any of the older ones). You get it from battles, and can use it to transfer skills from demons to your human characters iirc. Or was it vice-versa? I forget.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

There were purists complaining that the new art style isn't very good. I'm a big fan of it. Not having the exaggerated poses is a shame, but the new style isn't without merit

I think the style is fine, but it's impossible not to compare with the original. In the SS remake especially, it reminds me of an idealized version of what Super Mario RPG was going for, artwise

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

Magnetite is in Devil Survivor too, that's the only SMT game I've seen it in (I haven't played Soul Hackers yet, or any of the older ones). You get it from battles, and can use it to transfer skills from demons to your human characters iirc. Or was it vice-versa? I forget.

Magnetite was just money in those games. Soul Hackers has both it and yen, so it works differently functionally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3DS ain't dead!

quote:

The Nintendo 3DS family of systems also demonstrated continued strength, posting its best sales month since December 2014. Collectively, the different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware sold more than 750,000 units in the U.S. in December, a 27 percent increase over the same period a year ago. The sales also pushed the Nintendo 3DS family of systems to a new milestone of more than 21 million sold in the U.S.

and more Selects are coming to the US:

quote:

Starting on Feb. 5, Super Mario 3D Land and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, two of the most acclaimed Nintendo 3DS games of all time, and Ultimate NES Remix, a wildly fun mashup of classic NES games starring classic Nintendo characters, are joining the Nintendo Selects library and will be available at a suggested retail price of only $19.99 each.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

3DS ain't dead!

and more Selects are coming to the US:

Still no Star Fox. :(

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

3D Land wasn’t already a Selects game? Wtf.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a Mario game, it's not like it's not gonna sell at full price forever.

Reminder for NA people: Kirby Battle Royale comes out tomorrow. It's... okay!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Pikachu 2DS XL comes out in one week. Let’s get hype.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

It wasn't, but both 3D Land and NSMB2 have had multiple printings and been consistently available since release, and selling for $25 for at least a year.

LBW is the one that's needed as Selects release, it's been out of print for a while and fetching $30+ used.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's been one in Europe since October.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby Battle Royale is pretty fun, but I gotta admit sword seems pretty busted. Everything has these fun interesting moves that deal a third of a lifebar when charged up but sword can cover like, 1/4th of a arena and chunk out half of a enemies health with it's charge attack for free. It's kinda weird.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does the demo for the new Kirby have exclusive content or can I just go directly to the main game?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The demo lets you unlock characters early or something, I forget.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does the demo for the new Kirby have exclusive content or can I just go directly to the main game?

Let's you get Meta Knight early when you normally have to beat Gold League to get him.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's that time of year when those 3 or 5 people with the kirby avatars are gettin all riled up

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Free Kirby theme in the shop to celebrate all things Kirby! Now I have a Kirby background to match my Kirby badge buttons.

So long Mega Man stage select.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
cirpy ftw

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I need more slots in that theme shuffler because I have something like twenty themes I want to keep in use now. I only ever bought one theme, an ALBW one to go with my ALBW 3DSXL, the rest have been free including ones from My Nintendo.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The Ace Attorney ones are pretty good I recommend those.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The best theme is tied between the Snake Eater and Dreamcast one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

The best theme is tied between the Snake Eater and Dreamcast one.

The Dreamcast one is a work of art; it BEEEEEPS and grinds like a rock tumbler when you open the 3DS :allears:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man I am real bad at Battle Royal

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Dreamcast one is a work of art; it BEEEEEPS and grinds like a rock tumbler when you open the 3DS :allears:.

I’m not huge on nostalgia rushes but god drat all that hits the spot. I also love how it uses the PSO lobby theme.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have the eevee theme, it's all i need

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
big fan of the pink theme, but i also like the blue one

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

My ✨New✨ 3DS XL's frame is black*. The black theme that comes with the 3DS matches it very well. What other theme would I need?

*Actually close enough to bronze to use DSi XL accessories and have them match, but that's what Nintendo calls it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m not huge on nostalgia rushes but god drat all that hits the spot. I also love how it uses the PSO lobby theme.

The best part is the version in the EU/AU theme store is the blue spiral :allears:.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at these nerds without the Rhythm Heaven and Splatoon themes. Smdh

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Go Hanafuda theme or go home, scrubs.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Slowpoke theme is the best

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirby Battle Royale doesn’t have 3D. I really hate this trend of late 3DS games not even bothering with 3D.:(

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Days where I don't hear the Gaur Plains music while opening my 3DS, are bad days.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SeANMcBAY posted:

Kirby Battle Royale doesn’t have 3D. I really hate this trend of late 3DS games not even bothering with 3D.:(

Even though they're very different games it's a shame because Triple Deluxe still makes some of the best use of 3D on the system

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fawf posted:

Even though they're very different games it's a shame because Triple Deluxe still makes some of the best use of 3D on the system

Agreed. It’s a shame since they could have done 3D really well with this one too like with Link Between Worlds.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aside from Nintendo giving up on 3D, I suspect 3D + 60FPS + online multiplayer may have been a little too much even for HAL.

I do wish Nintendo would have gone back and patched some of their older games with New 3DS enhancements - games like Luigi's Mansion and DKC Returns would really benefit from a higher framerate, both with and without 3D.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Olivil posted:

Slowpoke theme is the best
Good opinion haver right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Default theme best theme