Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

simpsons shitposting isn't always the best meme, but when it's on, it outshines anything else.

the worst meme is gross pervert PTSD sesame street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/AP/status/955620222299406337

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A very fine line between sad and sublime, and sesame street memes proudly march 500 miles beyond it.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

https://twitter.com/civilCONNOR/status/955653196407541760

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"what is a binch? what does it mean to be corncobbed?"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Sagebrush posted:

simpsons shitposting isn't always the best meme, but when it's on, it outshines anything else.

the worst meme is gross pervert PTSD sesame street.

I'd agree with that. I've said before that I don't "get" most of the simpsons ones but the sesame street ones I do get, and what I get is that they just aren't funny.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMvDXF4ibs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTvjQCJYAk

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

nice.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The scandalous Sesame Street memes capture well the chaos that surrounded my childhood while I sat drifting off to a place where the air is sweet.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I hate that I know the punchline to this.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Why did your government shut down? Is that a normal thing over there?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

beato posted:

At this point yes. The Republican version of compromise is "we get everything we want and gently caress you." The sticking point seems to be people called "dreamers." These are people who are technically here illegally but were brought here as small children so they didn't have much of a choice. The Republican response is "gently caress it, deport absolutely everybody no matter what." Other people are saying that we should give them a path to citizenship because it wasn't like they had a choice. Some of them came here so young they don't even remember their country of origin. We're talking perfectly normal people who only know America and are here getting college educated or whatever. They aren't causing problems and literally only know America. Obama basically said "let them stay and let's figure out how to make them citizens." Trump and Pals are basically going full Nazi and blaming undocumented immigrants and various forms of scary brown people for literally everything.

The other snag is that the Republican tax reforms massively cut tax revenues but there's huge sticking points on what to cut to cut spending. Another big sticking point is CHIP which provides funding to poor kids who can't afford medical care. Generally they're the children of parents who are poor and thus can't afford the care the kids need. The funding for the program just expired and everybody with a conscience is like "hey let's keep taking care of the babies, thanks." The Republican response is summed as "gently caress 'em. If they wanted health care they'd work harder."

Soooo the stop gap is for Republican leaders to promise to talk about the things everybody else wants while signing a short term bill that funds the government; hence funding it for a few weeks while talks continue. The last shut down was longer.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Jan 23, 2018

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

[I'm sorry I have no video editing or voice acting skills to make the following script into a reality.]

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Well, Pannenkoek, I made it, despite your directions.

Pannenkoek: Ah, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, if that is your real name. I hope you're ready for an unforgettable Watch for Rolling Rocks.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh.

[Pannenkoek enters Hazy Maze Cave and sees that he has to press A]

Pannenkoek: Ye gods, my low-A-press run is ruined! Hmm. . . But what if I were to hold A from a previous level? Ho ho ho ho! Delightfully devilish, Pannenkoek! *begins to press A*

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi enters]

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Ah. . .

[Musical number]
Pannenkoek with his crazy explanations. TJ "Henry" is gonna need his medication, when he hears Pannenkoek's crazy explanations. There'll be trouble in SM64 tonight!
TJ "Henry" Yoshi: PANNENKOEK!!!

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi! I was just transporting this scuttlebug! Every time it hits you its home resets to a new location! Care to join me?

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Why are you pressing A, Pannenkoek?

Pannenkoek: Oh! That's not an A press! Those are B presses! Mmmm, B presses!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh. [Exits.]

Pannenkoek: Phew. [builds up speed for 9 hours]

[Pannenkoek enters the dining room]

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi. I hope you're ready for holding down the A button!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: I thought you said you were going to press the B button.

Pannenkoek: No I said "half A press." That's what I call holding the A button down from a previous level.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: An A press is an A press. You can't say it's only half.

Pannenkoek: Yes I can. An A press has three parts.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Uh huh. What parts?

Pannenkoek: Pressing the button, holding it down, and releasing it.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Really. Well I've speedran any% SM64 and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "half A press."

Pannenkoek: Oh, not in an any% run, no. It's a low-A-press run expression.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: I see.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: You know, you'd still have to press A at some point in order to be holding A during Watch for Rolling Rocks, so that'd count as an A press.

Pannenkoek: Oh ho ho ho, no. You can hold A from a previous A press that you used for a different level. Old Pannenkoek strat.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: For a "half A press."

Pannenkoek: Yes.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: And you call it that despite the fact that you have obviously fully pressed A.

Pannenkoek: Well. . . you know. . . One thing I should-. . . excuse me for one second.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Of course.

[Pannenkoek uses his built up speed to zoom around Hazy Maze Cave]

Pannenkoek: [yawns] Ah, well, got the star. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Yes, I should- Good lord, what is happening in there!?

Pannenkoek: Parallel universes.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh!? Parallel universes!? In this game? In this part of the castle? Almost twenty years after SM64's release? Localized entirely within Hazy Maze Cave?

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: May I see them?

Pannenkoek: That would crash the game.

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

Pannenkoek's mother: [yelling from upstairs] Pannenkoek! I'm trapped in a parallel universe!

Pannenkoek: [calling up to his mother] No, mother! You just have to be QPU-aligned!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Well, Pannenkoek, you are an odd fellow, but I must say. . . you half-press a good A button.

Pannenkoek's mother: Help! Help!

[Pannenkoek smiles and gives a thumbs up]

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

beato posted:

to put it more simply, this is from November, 2002:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

FFT posted:

to put it more simply, this is from November, 2002:

kreider is a treasure

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

DontMockMySmock posted:

[I'm sorry I have no video editing or voice acting skills to make the following script into a reality.]

Pannenkoek: Ah, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, if that is your real name. I hope you're ready for an unforgettable Watch for Rolling Rocks.

Pannenkoek: Ye gods, my low-A-press run is ruined! Hmm. . . But what if I were to hold A from a previous level? Ho ho ho ho! Delightfully devilish, Pannenkoek! *begins to press A*

[Musical number]
Pannenkoek with his crazy explanations. TJ "Henry" is gonna need his medication, when he hears Pannenkoek's crazy explanations. There'll be trouble in SM64 tonight!

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi! I was just transporting this scuttlebug! Every time it hits you its home resets to a new location! Care to join me?

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi. I hope you're ready for holding down the A button!

Pannenkoek: No I said "half A press." That's what I call holding the A button down from a previous level.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Really. Well I've speedran any% SM64 and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "half A press."

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: You know, you'd still have to press A at some point in order to be holding A during Watch for Rolling Rocks, so that'd count as an A press.

Pannenkoek: Oh ho ho ho, no. You can hold A from a previous A press that you used for a different level. Old Pannenkoek strat.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: And you call it that despite the fact that you have obviously fully pressed A.

Pannenkoek: Well. . . you know. . . One thing I should-. . . excuse me for one second.

Pannenkoek: [yawns] Ah, well, got the star. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh!? Parallel universes!? In this game? In this part of the castle? Almost twenty years after SM64's release? Localized entirely within Hazy Maze Cave?

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

Pannenkoek's mother: [yelling from upstairs] Pannenkoek! I'm trapped in a parallel universe!

Pannenkoek: [calling up to his mother] No, mother! You just have to be QPU-aligned!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Well, Pannenkoek, you are an odd fellow, but I must say. . . you half-press a good A button.

Yes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Former DILF posted:

kreider is a treasure

you're god damned right

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

DontMockMySmock posted:

[Musical number]

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

Amazing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzn91PgUHoI

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/qTvL7DB.gifv

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

DontMockMySmock posted:

[Musical number]

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

:eyepop: gently caress that's good.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
I initially skipped past the big wall of text but actually it's very good.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HelixFox posted:

Same on both counts

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HelixFox posted:

Thread-reading prostrat

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DontMockMySmock posted:

[Musical number]

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

god this is good

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
https://youtu.be/yGX95Pal4AE

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I want to shake the hand of the man or woman who somehow started the whole eating Tide Pod meme. What's gonna be the next dumbass trend?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Call on meeeeee~

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

DontMockMySmock posted:

:shittypop:
My goodness!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Both of these own.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need the lovechild of Steamed Hams and Loss.jpg in my life.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Randaconda posted:

I need the lovechild of Steamed Hams and Loss.jpg in my life.

Well, it's a Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpJ_P-xQUo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Welp, my life is complete now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's not very good .

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

lol

way to be a downer my dude

I did follow it up very quickly with "but not in a bad way!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why has We Are Number One been completely absent from all these remixes lately?

Did it grope women or something?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Data Graham posted:

Got overplayed and it disappeared. Coincidentallu Stefans cancer went away.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but

it turns out they were villains :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nooooo