Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Yukari posted:

Basically Emeralda requires vengeance to storm out someone, and alucard can conditionally heal you when dominator is usually just 4 damage only in storming situations.

Emeralda can break through wards under the same conditions that alucard heals you, while dominator hits for more damage if you're forced to make a trade with your other dudes first (i.e. if the other guy has a ward down and you have stuff on the field) and she's stickier. If you have vengeance emeralda is better and if you dont then soul dominator is better, alucard is like a sad halfway between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Emeralda can break through wards under the same conditions that alucard heals you, while dominator hits for more damage if you're forced to make a trade with your other dudes first (i.e. if the other guy has a ward down and you have stuff on the field) and she's stickier. If you have vengeance emeralda is better and if you dont then soul dominator is better, alucard is like a sad halfway between the two.

Both suck in a deck designed to either close the deal in turn six, or continue the fight with only six pp per turn. And dominator is right in the middle of it, the worst kind of sucking.

If I was forced to use either, I would go with Alucard because no one good at the game that is not desperate will be dumb enough to put you in vengeance when people are running dark generals.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Before I craft it, does this list look fine?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Dunno about Purehearted Singer. Seems not aggro enough, but the card draw wouldn't be unwanted.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

Dunno about Purehearted Singer. Seems not aggro enough, but the card draw wouldn't be unwanted.

I could play a third baphomet instead

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

either way the main crafts are going to be caraboo and vampy and those are going to be in every unlimited aggro blood list so go wild

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

I could play a third baphomet instead

Making the aggro blood deck of your dreams is actually pretty simple. Put all the aggressive cards that everybody runs into the deck and see what happens after 10 matches or so. If you keep running out of cards your curve is too low so you either add draw (bapho first, the singer is slow) or replace low-cost cards with bigger ones (which is why decks run 7-9 one drops, seven appears to be the limit under which you brick too much). If you float too much pp then your curve is too clunky so you add low-cost cards that help you spend your mana. Super-extra-advanced-technique: If the meta is infested with fairies, add angels of the word.

As long as you have Carabosse to give you extra reach for when things don't go as planned you'll be fine. And there are people who trust the heart of the cards (or maybe they are poor) who just add more storm instead.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Well, tried snarling chains. The decks it'd be good against just don't seem to exist. Also, spiderweb imp. I love the card but also hate it because it only has 1 power and no other damage, yet against other aggro, it just holds the fort down like no other.

Edit: Also, I still feel like I'm barely unable to finish off the opponent with the current aggro build. They usually die with 2 life left before they take the board back and then I lose because they have 10+ damage on board.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
An opponent just played Jolly Roger against me in Master rank, what the gently caress

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have somehow opened 2 abyss straddlers and zero happy pigs

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

i have somehow opened 2 abyss straddlers and zero happy pigs

Oinky oinky!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

crisis averted i just opened one along with a new ding dong

still crafting 2 though lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You'll never get animated ones like I have if you craft... Unless you do the right thing and use seer's globes...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im honestly really sick of monthly nerfs. cant even play more than 1 loving blood wolf in aggro blood now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Monthly nerfs are probably their strategy to keep formats fresh for three months straight between expansions

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They don't specify this (presumably so that they don't get called out if they walk it back) but I suspect they intend not to nerf cards for unlimited, and use a banned/restricted list instead

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i really dont like limiting cards. cygames basically just reached into my collection and dusted 2 of my animated blood wolves. thanks for the 100 vials.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Imagine this, smashing into a face, forever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

No Wave posted:

Imagine this, smashing into a face, forever.

I mean they did restrict the card that makes early roach kills consistent. I'm really really far from being an expert at the deck but aren't Aria-less hands around a turn slower?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh it certainly hurts the deck no question. The joke was that the devs really want to preserve the roach play pattern in general which is why they've nerfed around it twice (and likely will have to again at some point).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd personally rather they not ban beloved decks out of unlimited, at least until such time as they decide to split up their equivalent of mtg's legacy and vintage

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sure, there are ways to moderate roach's power level though like making it a 0/1. I like roach a lot and am very happy it's still around, I'm just surprised that it and D-shift got different treatments.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

im honestly really sick of monthly nerfs. cant even play more than 1 loving blood wolf in aggro blood now

Just do like I do and somehow always manage to determine which cards are going to be nerfed. Now I get to disenchant my Arias (after getting sick of playing roach, I have switched to doing single-player dailies lately) to make a new deck.

I'm gonna be doing swordcraft (cause I got 3 Arthurs from packs) until I see if I can craft something OP to keep my craft-then-nerf predictions going.

But, seriously, the dudes who make this game obviously don't test it enough because Aria was easily about as powerful as the original spawn in unlimited, and it's not like they can argue that nobody could see it coming since you just basically replaced the EPMs with her.

Also: gently caress aggro blood.

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean they did restrict the card that makes early roach kills consistent. I'm really really far from being an expert at the deck but aren't Aria-less hands around a turn slower?

Aria-less hands are 1-2 turns slower, yeah. She is some incredible bullshit in that deck.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

i really dont like limiting cards. cygames basically just reached into my collection and dusted 2 of my animated blood wolves. thanks for the 100 vials.

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why would they nerf bahamut :(

edit: nevermind found them

Lid fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 23, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
New pre-buikts have no alt art, are buy once only, have fullish sets of gold cards (shadow has 3 ceres, 3 andreal, 2 odile).

Alas, my dream of alt-art aether is dead

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

New pre-buikts have no alt art, are buy once only, have fullish sets of gold cards (shadow has 3 ceres, 3 andreal, 2 odile).

Alas, my dream of alt-art aether is dead

Where are you seeing this?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how is what i said wrong? 2 of my blood wolfs are literally unplayable now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Just made A0 finally with an Aegis deck that seemed to very rarely play Aegis. Mostly it was a lot control and board clears and healing to stabilise. The deck it struggled most against was Daria because of the loss of Themis giving no easy way to clear a giant Mammoth board. Probably would lose to Ramp Dragon too but managed to not see any but maybe?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Awesome! posted:

how is what i said wrong? 2 of my blood wolfs are literally unplayable now.

Sadly that's true, because either the card's not in rotation or it's now a 1of. In my case it's not too bad because I only had 1 animated one, but if you had a playset, well.... sucks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Yukari posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Its up on the jp blog

https://shadowverse.jp/sp/column/detail.php?id=post-5618

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't vial your animated blood wolves unless you're desperate for the vials. Under the plausible (but not guaranteed) idea that cygames is planning to manage unlimited like mtg manages vintage, they'll be on the lookout for safe cards to unrestrict as time passes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lmao some dumbass was playing tilting at windmills + bahamut and dropped the bahamut into my field of snow white and heavenly aegis.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lmao some dumbass was playing tilting at windmills + bahamut and dropped the bahamut into my field of snow white and heavenly aegis.

While that play is terrible it did make me re-evlauate my "Baha was nerfed" post from last page because not destroying amulets is an indirect buff for windmill and it works more consistently than the other OTKs which were already OP.

Lid fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 24, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh, dragon still really cant afford to waste a mid-late game turn playing windmill.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the more significant thing is haven cant just drop a preemptive tribunal on your turn 9 now and be protected for 3 turns.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haven is killing ramp dragon by turn 7 unless we get a really, really bad hand, so thats no biggie

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They restricted Mysterian Knowledge in unlimited outside of the normal schedule

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
It's a good sign that they've become more flexible with their nerf schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I thought I'd have a look at this game so after playing the tutorial I opened the crates for a whopping zero legendaries. Following the reroll instructions I deleted the prefs files (android emulator - Memu) and started the game again. It now wants to download the mysterious data again even though I simply removed a single 2kb file. Is this normal for a reroll? I wouldn't mind but it takes 30 to 40 minutes.

• Locked thread