Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Professor Latency posted:

Man archwing sucks.

Someone hasn’t tried Itzal yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

cinci zoo sniper posted:

How farmy this is for MR3? Negatives are what I'm missing.

None of that's too bad individually, rubedo and plastids might take a bit though. Don't be afraid to ask for help if there's something you want to prioritize.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just play the game and shoot mans with your space ninja and that stuff will sort itself out.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

As a new guy, how concerned should I be with going for Prime variants of frames over the base (where available)? Are Prime versions strictly boosts to survivability stuff (health, armor, shields) and energy, or do abilities get stronger as well? Is it sort of a waste to build and potato a base frame if there’s a (relatively) easy/cheap to acquire Prime version out there?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

None of that's too bad individually, rubedo and plastids might take a bit though. Don't be afraid to ask for help if there's something you want to prioritize.

Lumpy posted:

Just play the game and shoot mans with your space ninja and that stuff will sort itself out.

Yeah I'm just going along the way of starchart and not sweating too much about farm. Was just curious if things like Orokin Cells or Argon are still massive rear end to find for newbies.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Is it sort of a waste to build and potato a base frame if there’s a (relatively) easy/cheap to acquire Prime version out there?

It's not a waste to build, no - mastery rank. Potato, probably?

I built Frost and used it just long enough to get to 30 (thanks hydron run) and then traded it in because I had Frost Prime. I'm deliberately not throwing potato/forma in my Ember because Ember Prime is getting unvaulted soon and I want it.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah I'm just going along the way of starchart and not sweating too much about farm. Was just curious if things like Orokin Cells or Argon are still massive rear end to find for newbies.

argon is just run void missions, and you can get carried through a survival or something and get plenty, even Teshub exterms can net you 1-2 most runs if you're careful about checking side rooms. Yesterday I got twenty (with a booster) in one void survival run and then had to figure out how to spend them all at once. I managed, but now I'm broke and Baro is coming back soon, so ....i'm also dumb :v:

o-cells are my nemesis because I always, always need more. But they're pretty straightforward to get in small quantities (farm bosses) and in big ones someone else probably knows the best farm spot.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 23, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

cinci zoo sniper posted:

By the time I got to Saturn I had a pretty big surplus of OCells along with everything else on your list and no longer had to farm. Argon decays, you lose half of it every 24 hours or something ridiculous like that, so it will always require a farm. You can get 1-2 by running a survival void mission and just opening everything you encounter. You didn't list Neurodes but they'll eventually become a problem- run defense missions on earth to get 5 or 6 out of 15 waves or so. Other than that, Nitain Extract will be the biggest bottleneck and you can only get that from alerts, so keep an eye out for those. I'm betting Tellurium is the same way but I haven't got any recipes that actually require it yet.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

As a new guy, how concerned should I be with going for Prime variants of frames over the base (where available)? Are Prime versions strictly boosts to survivability stuff (health, armor, shields) and energy, or do abilities get stronger as well? Is it sort of a waste to build and potato a base frame if there’s a (relatively) easy/cheap to acquire Prime version out there?

Prime variants merely have better base stats like health, move speed, armor, etc and some more polarities. And they’re fancy as hell.

Other than that, no difference. Abilities are the same.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Re: Prime frames.

You also should keep in mind some prime frames are vaulted, so getting those is tricky (or expensive).

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Prime frames have upgraded stats like health, armor, shields, or energy and sometimes things like sprint speed I think. The powers are the same. They do usually start with a couple more polarized slots than the base so kitting them out doesn't require as man forma. Its never a waste to build and level a frame since they give you mastery, but if you can get the prime easily its probably not a great idea to potato and forma the non-prime. But its not like you are permanently crippling yourself if you spend 20 plat on a potato and then sell the frame in a couple weeks. And then you have the frame to play with while you farm for the prime.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You'll get most of this without a problem just playing. O Cells, Argon, and Neural Sensors you will probably have to specifically go after and probably on planets you don't have unlocked at MR3. Ask goons for help and none of that will take too long. I'm MR22 and constantly out of O Cells and polymers since they seem to be used in abundance for everything I still need to make so don't think you are an imposition if you ask for help farming.

One important thing to know is Argon Crystals decay over time. "A full 24 hours from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits is when it’s considered in its decaying period." is when they go away so don't go farming them until you are just about ready to use them or you might find yourself having to farm them again when you finally have the rest of the mats you need. People say to do void defense for argon but I find its faster to do an exterm and bring an ignis and break every container.

Also always be on the lookout for rare resource nodes in missions. They look like a big pile of whatever resource it is and will drop 1-4 of them when broken. They spawn fairly often, especially in assassination missions. Its probably not worth scouring every room for them but as you do the mission keep an eye out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thank you all for resource tips!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

That's my default loadout unless I'm doing something specific like a spy mission or a restricted sortie. I'm up to 8 2 missions without killing myself with the Lenz!

Just forma as you need; I have both of them at 3 forma since I haven't upgraded the mods to full yet (and I'm still missing Primed Target Cracker for the Stilettos), so it's not like you have to go 4 forma at once.

Sandweed posted:

Why not both?

I'm constantly out of Orokin Cells, so I'm struggling to actually to gather up enough to chain build forma. I'll just trickle build it like you say.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sarsapariller posted:

By the time I got to Saturn I had a pretty big surplus of OCells along with everything else on your list and no longer had to farm. Argon decays, you lose half of it every 24 hours or something ridiculous like that, so it will always require a farm. You can get 1-2 by running a survival void mission and just opening everything you encounter. You didn't list Neurodes but they'll eventually become a problem- run defense missions on earth to get 5 or 6 out of 15 waves or so. Other than that, Nitain Extract will be the biggest bottleneck and you can only get that from alerts, so keep an eye out for those. I'm betting Tellurium is the same way but I haven't got any recipes that actually require it yet.

Tellurium drops from archwing missions

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RFC2324 posted:

Tellurium drops from archwing missions

Also Uranus (the hybrid ones, but you it can drop 'on land').

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Thanks folks, I’m trying to figure out what frame #3 should be after Rhino and Excal and I really like the look of Ash and Saryn, but it seems like both have Prime “sets” on Warframe.market for less than 100 plat each (unless I’m missing something here). I’ll prolly grab those!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Pretty sure also Mariana on Earth can as well since it is the sealab tileset.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Thank you all for resource tips!

At some point you'll also suddenly find you need Nitain Extract, which basically seems only to be available as a specific reward for alert missions. If you find yourself bored / wanting a quick pubbie dash mission as some light relief / whatever, it's worth doing those occasionally so you have some in stock. Otherwise, when you need to build something that needs five of the fuckers, it'll take you ages to farm enough alerts. I found this out the hard way.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Also: if I buy the starter pack, it comes with an xp and resource booster - do those start as soon as I buy the thing or can I “activate” them whenever?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Those start as soon as you log in after buying it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The "Starter Pack" is kinda ehhhh to be honest. Wait until you get a 75% off and grab 1000 plat for 12.50; the resource boosters are nice but not necessary, and the clan goons can give you any mod you'd get from it.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

The "Starter Pack" is kinda ehhhh to be honest. Wait until you get a 75% off and grab 1000 plat for 12.50; the resource boosters are nice but not necessary, and the clan goons can give you any mod you'd get from it.

Yea not having control over those boosters makes it seem less cool. Are there prescribed days you get 75% off coupons? Assuming you’re referring to the daily login bonus.

E: some googling shows it as random actually, so I’ll get it when I get it I guess!

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 23, 2018

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Re: Zephyr, DE has stated that Zephyr and Atlas are getting reworks, and that internal builds of those reworks are already being tested internally. No information given about the confirmation of the reworks, but there is some doubt that the changes to each will be as sweeping as they need to be since they’ve apparently stated they no longer intend to junk whole abilities like they did for Excal.

We will probably get those with Khora and the next big thing quest, which may or may not finally be Umbra poo poo, soon ish (best guess, next week or the week after).

Damage 2.5 likely in spring, I think anyway, and then Venus open world zone in the summer, but at their pace I’m guessing that means after Labor Day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only change i want for atlas is for power range to affect dash distance for landslide

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
What was the ability of excals that got junked? Wasn't it just like a big jump? I've been trying to remember this for weeks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Yea not having control over those boosters makes it seem less cool. Are there prescribed days you get 75% off coupons? Assuming you’re referring to the daily login bonus.

No, it's super random and pretty rare. You will get more 20% and 50% coupons than you know what to do with but might go months without seeing a 75%. I've been figuring I'd throw 10-20 bux in if I get one but I've seen nothing so far.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Invisible Ted posted:

What was the ability of excals that got junked? Wasn't it just like a big jump? I've been trying to remember this for weeks.

It was, indeed, Super Jump.

It was, indeed, bloody pointless.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Serpentis posted:

Back when Heavy Impact's shockwave scaled with how long you were in the air and now how fast you were falling, it was actually pretty hilarious. Combining super jump with the parkour 1.0 wallslide (which counted as falling; super jump let you slide further down since wall run height was capped), you could hit everything within a half mile for millions of damage.

Every fifteen seconds.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

They really do. Check out the bottom of a warframes feet sometime in captura, they're insanely detailed.

There are also letters from Tenno/Orokin language which you will never ever notice and they actually say poo poo. Like on Loki's thigh he has "Tenno Model 2100N serial 148-H" written in Orokin. And you know the flowery things flying around enemies mind-controlled by Nyx? That's Orokin for "obey".

Also speaking of which, Dual Gremlins have "BULLETS FOR YOUR FACE" written in Grineer on their magazines

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Also speaking of which, Dual Gremlins have "BULLETS FOR YOUR FACE" written in Grineer on their magazines

why do people think this game is bad

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe because the gun no one uses to provide bullet-based services to grineer faces is the one with that message

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah but telling a newbie "with my tens of thousands of hours of in game experience and GDP of Latvia in platinum, I can make every frame work" is less than useful more often than not.

the only frame id describe as bad is wukong and that's not because he can't do content (he can't die) he's just boring (upside is he is a dojoframe)

that said im sure there is someone out there that mains wukong and im happy for them

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i hope they are enjoying his new tennogen skin right now

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Once upon a time twin gremlins were hot poo poo, and I silently pray for a good riven for it

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

the only frame id describe as bad is wukong and that's not because he can't do content (he can't die) he's just boring (upside is he is a dojoframe)

that said im sure there is someone out there that mains wukong and im happy for them

There are very few frames which are truly bad. There are several underpowered frames, but even they have their own upsides and fun gimmicks. Atlas, for example, is pretty underpowered and has only one good ability but it's a doozy of an ability.

Wukong is actually pretty typical of a bad Warframe-they have one good, often fairly powerful ability (Defy in Wukong's case) and have nothing else going for them. It doesn't mean they can't do content, it means that they're one-trick ponies who flail outside of their niche.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Zoig posted:

I'm probably the only guy that still likes zephyr and that's because her passive is just having low gravity all the time, I literally don't use any ability other then turbulence unless i'm messing around which should probably tell you everything you need to know about zephyr.

:same: Also maxxing out duration as best as I can so I can Tail Wind into the sky on the plains and pretend the Earth is covered in tiny, angry, Grineer-shaped ants, then floating down in super slo-mo in a John Wu-style glide only to land, softy and gracefully, with a GIANT EXPLOSION.

Zephyr is probably my favorite frame.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Berke Negri posted:

Well, they just discovered that by exploiting how Wukong's iron jab augment damage booster works and using a glaive with Power Throw, you could wipe out an entire map. And yourself.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

hup posted:

Once upon a time twin gremlins were hot poo poo, and I silently pray for a good riven for it

I, too, wish for a good riven, solely because they're MOTHERFUCKING NAIL GUNS. Of course I want them to be amazing! I need to work out a coloring scheme to make them look at home in a construction site.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Raptor1033 posted:

I need to work out a coloring scheme

Warframe.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well good thing I'm not gonna be playing much the next 3 days, 72 hours time to build a warframe :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Serpentis posted:

...was it?

I remember it being awesome and when I came back I played Excal for a round or two then deleted it despite it STILL being my most played from way back.