Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
The Nine Voices Of The Star Citizen Debate
When I first started playing Star Citizen, Agnostic seemed like a fun class as you could play both sides of the coin. Later I changed to a Agnostic-Skeptic multiclass because after a year of no 3.0 that faction was looking really strong, I'm glad I did because the Gamescom crash really buffed my spells and a buggy 3.0 accidentally nerfed all the citizen classes except Shills oddly enough. I was leveling really fast by farming reddit Believers and could even solo around Spectrum when they were weakend from land-sales. I was pouring so many points into Skeptic at this point that all my Agnostic feats started to become worthless. Having never completed the quest-line to unlock the Heretic class I said gently caress it and paid the Stimpire for a full respec to Hater. My timing could hardly have been better, the Crytek lawsuit leveled me up more in one day than I could do in months of PvP with Evangelists and Zealots. I kinda wish I had gone with Troll from the start because they have really interesting gameplay and imo 'Inject Madness' is way overpowered against Believers but really any dark space character is great; even the SQ42 verticle slice meta feels like a buff at this point and I fully expect the Feb 9th patch to be killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Preen Dog posted:

Anyone can vote in this and it doesn't confirm your email.

So everyone vote for the worst options (how the game is right now).

If they were smart they would join on their current player list and drop emails that don't match.

I guess what I'm saying is vote now cause :v:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its pre ALPHA REEEEE*screeches until my body divides itself into 14 different sectors thanks to my new 64bit positioning*

:lol::lol::lol:

TheAgent posted:

toad papy: we're aiming for bug fixes in march

I honest to god wonder what Todd’s reaction was to being made Director of Star Citizen. On the one hand, it seems like a pretty prestigious role and high honor, as sure as sign as one gets that you’ve officially been elevated to “Friend of Chris” (FoC) Status. Maybe he’s been that for some time but that’s the gold star stickerer certificate with the 3rd grade “Chris Roberts” scrawl that makes it official.

And yet... what a nightmare role that must be. It’s like every day you walk in to your office and see the Cotopaxi of tech debt stretching so high that most is hidden by storm clouds. Your burden is to remove it boulder by boulder as little earthquakes and guttural rumblings radiate outward from below. The molten lava flows beneath of lunatic expectations pressure upwards, the weight of the mountain spoken into existence by robertsian bloviation presses down.

“Take this seat of high honor at my right hand, Todd. As an official ‘Friend of Chris’, I’ve set up a throne just for you right there, right there between where immovable object meets unstoppable force.”

He’s probably the right guy for it though. Phlegmatic temperament, little of the Chris or Tony Z. eagerness to turn an already unrealistic expectation into even an more impossible one with the magic of extemporaneous speaking.(“You promised we could form lifelong relationships with these NPCs, Tony!!! And yet this guy just keeps telling me to ‘take my poo poo and leeeeeaaave!!!” Why won’t he be my FRIEND Tony? Whhhhyyyyyy?!”)

It seems to me a minor miracle Papy survived the sand worm narrative showdown. I’d have thought his flash of conscience would’ve automatically disqualified him from FoC Status consideration. If ever there was a firing offense at the Director level, it would be Todd Papy saying in earshot of Chris: “I just don’t want to be selling something we might not have in the game.”

Chris Roberts posted:

”Well how the hell do you think we got this far, Todd? That’s my entire business model. We can't allow for individualism... what I want is people who are positive, can do, and want to work as a team, not always trying to go 'This won't work', 'It's about me', or ‘I don’t want to be selling something that’s not in the game.’ Can you handle that?”

Todd Papy posted:

“I guess.”

Chris Roberts posted:

“Great. You’re in charge of Star Citizen now. I’m off to Monte Carlo for some recharge time then I’ll be back on Squadron work again. We just got a great new technical animator, worked on Star Wars and they say he’s a miracle worker so he’ll be working on the Sandi performance while we get the other scenes together. See you at the Manchester House dinner next month. I reserved the private room.”

Todd Papy posted:

”Uh, about that, Chris. I’m just not sure about expensing something that pricey when—“

Chris Roberts posted:

”We’re not going to be expensing something not in the game. I happen to want to see that room again because I’d like you to add some nice touches to the Million Mile High Club. We can’t very well take design inspiration from Revolution or Flame & Wok, can we? Besides the fans will never know and we deserve to be engorged with epicurean delights...”

:gary:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 23, 2018

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

So wait, they are waiting until March to fix the bug where you can't fly your ship because the doors are broke? Hahahahaha.

March? Huh--that bug won't be fixed until October at the earliest. That's probably a 2019 fix...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Preen Dog posted:

Anyone can vote in this and it doesn't confirm your email.

So everyone vote for the worst options (how the game is right now).

I'm doing my part

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Codezombie posted:

My cats just use the cat flap and walk themselves. :)
^^ this guy gets it. Personally not a big fan of letting animals pooh in the house. House broken cats--best cats. But then they do tend to turn into murderers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I'm doing my part

Sounds good. The comment lines are unrestricted in length so hopefully they enjoy the 4th Stimpire text.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Aeka 2.0 posted:

So wait, they are waiting until March to fix the bug where you can't fly your ship because the doors are broke? Hahahahaha.

Good thing they finally put that fuckin' delta patcher in after 3 years of talking about it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HycoCam posted:

^^ this guy gets it. Personally not a big fan of letting animals pooh in the house. House broken cats--best cats. But then they do tend to turn into murderers.

But they mainly murder chirp-chirp and beep-beep stuff, so that's fine with me

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

But they mainly murder chirp-chirp and beep-beep stuff, so that's fine with me

Dinosaurs had a good run. It's a cat world now.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
So did those sunk cost galaxy videos stop?

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Dusty Lens posted:

Skadden aside it helps that the players involved are all clowns.

Assuming Skadden wins, will they even refer to this case in their list of victories in the future? I mean it's kind of like coming in first at the Special Olympics...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Barcley posted:

The pipeline was refactored

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops posted:

Good thing they finally put that fuckin' delta patcher in after 3 years of talking about it.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

HycoCam posted:

Receiving 'Murder Presents' are a given if you let your cats go outside... :(

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Watching CIG try to make a game is like watching somebody trying to swim through the vacuum of space.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Codezombie posted:

Warm entrails are the best entrails!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
A blast from the recent past. I would read this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Barcley posted:

Bootcha got the old 'Swedish Meatball' treatment.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

I won't lie, I am a bit worried rn

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
He was an old man. He had a good run.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Beet Wagon posted:

:(

Ain't no mafia like a Uppsala mafia

Because Sweden is well constructed for clandestine corpse disposal

Also re: the last summary, Sandi has a degree in Marine Biology?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How else could she be so adept at fleecing whales?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'd let my cats out on their own if there weren't so many things that like to eat/kill cats here. Bald eagles, rattlesnakes, mountain lions, coyotes, etc.

Letting them out on their own would be like giving your kid a credit card when you know they've been talking about how great star citizen is gonna be.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Nebakenezzer posted:

:(

Ain't no mafia like a Uppsala mafia

Because Sweden is well constructed for clandestine corpse disposal

Also re: the last summary, Sandi has a degree in Marine Biology?

She claims two Master’s degrees, one in Marketing, one in Marine Biology.

Her Master’s Thesis for her Marketing Degree was called “International Marketing.” Her Master’s Degree for Marine Biology was called “International Whaling.”

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Codezombie posted:

They only do that because you suck at hunting and they feel obligated to teach the sad and miserable non-apex predators how it's done.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Admiral Snackbar posted:

Assuming Skadden wins, will they even refer to this case in their list of victories in the future? I mean it's kind of like coming in first at the Special Olympics...

I'm sure they have some clients that are happy to pay for a flawless total obliteration of their opponents in an environment that is very difficult for them to ignore reality.

if cr hosed you over how much would you sacrifice for a chance to see him make a complete idiot of himself in court?

stinch fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 23, 2018

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Wouldn't a C&D also come with a takedown? So far, so.. great to watch again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCb4GEIO086Gia5gTyqoNNAQ?featured

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So wait why are they encrypting the data files? What actual purpose can that possibly serve?

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

SoftNum posted:

So wait why are they encrypting the data files? What actual purpose can that possibly serve?

So you can't edit stuff that might give you an advantage. For example, you could make the walls of a space station transparent, so I could see other players through them.

Not sure why they don't just check the files for modification when you connect, but maybe that can be faked.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Hork Shporkem Gooblygookedey?

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Truga posted:

I won't lie, I am a bit worried rn

Sorry to say it, but I've been given evidence of Bootcha's Stimperical Interrogation... :(

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
^ That’s horrifying, but at least they didn’t turn him over to the Tickler in Black

G0RF posted:

She claims two Master’s degrees, one in Marketing, one in Marine Biology

All my life, I’ve wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist

Legal
Jan 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

Wouldn't a C&D also come with a takedown? So far, so.. great to watch again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCb4GEIO086Gia5gTyqoNNAQ?featured

The author of that media is currently under, and in the process of breaking, an NDA. We issued a Cease and Desist to him to make him realize the errors he was currently making and about to make much worse. However because its not a simple DMCA we will be having a judge look at the contract very shortly to get those videos taken down. In the meantime, We'd ask that anyone here cease viewing and redistributing that media as it is the result of a serious NDA breach and is currently the object of a suit.

Legal fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 23, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Preen Dog posted:

So you can't edit stuff that might give you an advantage. For example, you could make the walls of a space station transparent, so I could see other players through them.

Not sure why they don't just check the files for modification when you connect, but maybe that can be faked.

But the main problem is that CIG needs to give you the decrypt key at some point to use the assets, so once you have that it's as if the files were never encrypted.

Checksum w/ random salt is at least harder to fake. the encryption step just seems unnecessary.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Good point.

Maybe they're worried people will steal their precious art assets. Someone will make a Star Citizen Freespace mod that gets super popular and make CiG look stupid(er).

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

ZekeNY posted:

^ That’s horrifying, but at least they didn’t turn him over to the Tickler in Black

All my life, I’ve wanted to pretend to be a marine biologist

”Save the whale, Sandi. Save the whale for me.”

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Legal posted:

The author of that media is currently under, and in the process of breaking, an NDA. We issued a Cease and Desist to him to make him realize the errors he was currently making and about to make much worse. However because its not a simple DMCA we will be having a judge look at the contract very shortly to get those videos taken down. In the meantime, We'd ask that anyone here cease viewing and redistributing that media as it is the result of a serious NDA breach and is currently the object of a suit.

:wtchris:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I think it is high time that someone post the Stimperor/Lando gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
No seriously like, what was that video of, and what is happening?