Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Care Bear Stairs posted:

wow, did not expect him to quit

ehh that's not a quit, give the guy some credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Care Bear Stairs posted:

wow, did not expect him to quit

Nah, Peterson's never really been elite but the man has a crazy sized heart. Barry Hunter-who basically adopted and raised Lamont and his brother Anthony since they were young kids-did the right thing by stopping it.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

he said "i'm done" a couple of times and "you make the call" when his corner asked if he wanted to continue.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

his low testosterone was his downfall imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The SituAsian posted:

Nah, Peterson's never really been elite but the man has a crazy sized heart. Barry Hunter-who basically adopted and raised Lamont and his brother Anthony since they were young kids-did the right thing by stopping it.

HGH will do that to you

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Lucas Matthysse is fighting some dude I've never heard of from Thailand this weekend.

I really hope he doesn't end up like Chocolatito (in the second fight) :ohdear:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ozymandius1024 posted:

Lucas Matthysse is fighting some dude I've never heard of from Thailand this weekend.

I really hope he doesn't end up like Chocolatito (in the second fight) :ohdear:

Even that first night was not a great night for Gonzalez

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just watched spence beat peterson's rear end. that was an uncomfortable watch. like the rest of the world i'm keen to see spence fight thurman, although he might attempt to take out bud before he gets too comfortable at 147 and still has the belt he will easily take from horn. either way, cool.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Even that first night was not a great night for Gonzalez

Agreed, but I'd much rather see Lucas lose in a competitive fight than just get trucked from bell to bell and knocked the gently caress out.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
SOG is dropping hints on Twitter he might be coming back.

https://twitter.com/andreward/status/956018797894303746?s=17

https://twitter.com/andreward/status/956018014046040064?s=17

Edit: Showtime/pbc just had a big upfront and announced a bunch of fights. Stevenson-Jack, Lara-Hurd, Broner-Figueroa and Santa Cruz-Mares 2 are confirmed and Thurman and Spence have dates

https://twitter.com/BoxingInsider/status/956265793020420107?s=17

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 24, 2018

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's a great schedule. (E: it's currently rumoured that Thurman's opponent is Jessie Vargas, which is surprisingly nice)

A lot of sites are suggesting if Ward comes back it'll be at heavyweight, but I mean, it's gotta be cruiserweight right? Like there's no way Ward is getting in with some 220-250 pound guy and not getting pasted.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 25, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

That's a great schedule.

A lot of sites are suggesting if Ward comes back it'll be at heavyweight, but I mean, it's gotta be cruiserweight right? Like there's no way Ward is getting in with some 220-250 pound guy and not getting pasted.

i saw someone say deontay loving wilder lol. what the hell

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

lol

Ward could catch Wilder's right hand right on the gloves and still be knocked out.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
The fact that he's mentioned being at 199 makes me hopeful he'll be at cruiser first instead of just going on the AJ/Wilder cash-out/suicide mission

If so it seems likely he'd try to take Haye's place against Bellew but what I'd love is if HBO were to pick up the WBSS cruiserweight final and play on tape delay before whatever World Championship Boxing or Boxing After Dark card. Have Ward on color for that event and then announce he's coming out of retirement and call out the winner.

EDIT: Also it was pointed out that AJ-Parker is missing from the Showtime schedule. Iirc HBO had matching rights for Joshua and is at least making it competitive with Showtime

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 25, 2018

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm watching every Manny Pacqiao fight in order. I've just gotten through del la hoya, and even though I saw it on ppv live I have a hard time seeing how we get from here to the mayweather fight. Of course, I think at this point in my chronology I'm almost as far from the mayweather fight as I am from his first fight 2008 to 2015 is a loong time.

Still, I went into the marathon largely ignorant of Manny's career and seeing him grow has been fascinating. Pac man circa 2008 is unbelievable.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm watching every Manny Pacqiao fight in order. I've just gotten through del la hoya, and even though I saw it on ppv live I have a hard time seeing how we get from here to the mayweather fight. Of course, I think at this point in my chronology I'm almost as far from the mayweather fight as I am from his first fight 2008 to 2015 is a loong time.

Still, I went into the marathon largely ignorant of Manny's career and seeing him grow has been fascinating. Pac man circa 2008 is unbelievable.

Its largely accepted that 2009 Pac who ran over Hatton and brutalized Cotto is prime Pacquiao but imo he was just as dominant during his wins over Clottey and Margarito in 2010. He was elected to Congress in the Philippines in mid 2010 so I'd say that his growing political aspirations along with fighting bigger guys and just getting older is the main reason for the decline.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Spoilers!!! But yeah, it's been a blast seeing him grow from having a one trick left straight into p4p best. Makes the decline I know is coming a bit sad.

His face is getting old slower than I thought, maybe that happens in a hurry, though losing the frosted tips was an immediate and dramatic change.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crossposting from the UFC Fight Pass thread

Unfunny Poster posted:

So because Roy Jones Jr.'s last fight will air on UFC Fight Pass they added a few of his fights to the website

Article on his retirement fight here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/26/16938702/boxing-great-roy-jones-jr-s-final-fight-will-air-on-ufc-fight-pass

On UFC.tv

Roy Jones Jr. vs Jef Lacy - https://www.ufc.tv/video/roy-jones-jr-vs-jeff-lacy-hook-city

Roy Jones Jr. vs Omar Sheika - https://www.ufc.tv/video/roy-jones-jr-vs-omar-sheika-march-badness

In case any of y'all wanted to watch old RJJ fights for just $7.99/month

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 27, 2018

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
I logged into my paddy power account today and was surprised to see they paid me out on my Spence 8th ko, Easter Jr decision double. I thought that was a 7th round stoppage not 8th?

What are peoples picks for the Usyk fight tonight? Having only seen their last fights my gut says Usyk can get a late ko over Breidis.

madey fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 27, 2018

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

madey posted:

I logged into my paddy power account today and was surprised to see they paid me out on my Spence 8th ko, Easter Jr decision double. I thought that was a 7th round stoppage not 8th?

What are peoples picks for the Usyk fight tonight? Having only seen their last fights my gut says Usyk can get a late ko over Breidis.

I'd say Usyk by decision would be what I would bet on-if forced to do so-for now and the final.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

This fight is a bit of a war

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

This fight is a bit of a war

Yeah. I feel like Usyk's getting the better of most of it but it seems like Breidis has been able to sting -but not really hurt-him a few times.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Good fight, I think briedes edged it out barely.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Usyk for me, he's shown he's far from invincible though

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I feel like Usyk barely won but I expect Breidis to get the nod and would have no quarrel with it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jesus Christ I heard the cards and then my stream died. Good cards, but who won?!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Jesus Christ I heard the cards and then my stream died. Good cards, but who won?!

Usyk 115-113x2, 114-114

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 28, 2018

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

The SituAsian posted:

Its largely accepted that 2009 Pac who ran over Hatton and brutalized Cotto is prime Pacquiao but imo he was just as dominant during his wins over Clottey and Margarito in 2010. He was elected to Congress in the Philippines in mid 2010 so I'd say that his growing political aspirations along with fighting bigger guys and just getting older is the main reason for the decline.

Clottey did not win that fight, but he damaged Manny quite a bit and was relatively unscathed. Just look at their faces after the fight. That fight was the beginning of the end for Manny, i think

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Yay Lucas :)

Get Danny Garcia in with this fucker again.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

fight sucked

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Yeah. I mean I'm happy for Lucas to finally get a belt-and ozy by extension-but everything from the way too perfect commentary timing, to the delayed knockdown and the weird Asian medicine substance and I just don't know

Edit: I'm (for whatever reason when it comes to boxing ) not cynical enough to believe Kiram took a dive but the very least it was bizzare and unsatisfying.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 28, 2018

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey that Usyk fight was pretty cool though

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/957945312781520899

Lol

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Well that's one way to announce a fight

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bei_dKjFf-z/

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

very cool of rock the dwayne johnson to announce khan's comeback fight. finally a rejuvenation of the failing welterweight division

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
GGG-Canelo coming May 5th.

Hope they get a better judge this time around!

Either way it'll probably be another good fight.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

GGG-Canelo coming May 5th.

Hope they get a better judge this time around!

Either way it'll probably be another good fight.

thanks for reminding me that someone scored that fight 118-110 for canelo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Don Trella must be extremely thankful that Byrd was the worst judge that night because his card sucked pretty bad too

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Don Trella must be extremely thankful that Byrd was the worst judge that night because his card sucked pretty bad too

lmao yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who gives a poo poo about any fight of Amir Khan's that isn't against Kell Brook which is maybe a 3/10 on the interest scale in the year 2018.

The SituAsian posted:

Well that's one way to announce a fight

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bei_dKjFf-z/

Especially when this beastly rematch gets announced at the same time.