Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So, in response to the De-Feminised cut of The Last Jedi, I made a... De-Science Fictioned cut of A New Hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUeVyP1KgAU

Still fairly early on in the whole Youtube thing, any thoughts/comments welcome.

EDIT:\/\/\/\/ He gets shafted more in this version

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Still fairly early on in the whole Youtube thing, any thoughts/comments welcome.

I just want an edit where Chewie gets a medal. Why didn't you add that back in to the Special Editions, Lucas?

You Wookie hating hack!

Calico Heart posted:

At least you left his victorious growl in. :thumbsup:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 23, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I want an edit where all the droids revolt and kill the idiot humans.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Harrow posted:

At least "Paris" is better than "Closer."

Although the Postmodern Jukebox cover of "Closer" almost makes up for how bad the original version of that song is. (Their best Chainsmokers cover is "Don't Let Me Down," though, because that song is loving awful in the original version and amazing as the passionate soul song PMJ turned it into.)

I prefer their cover of the other "Closer":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fgoDdZBcA

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

financially racist posted:

the thing with twilight is there was a second demographic it appealed to: lonely middle-aged mostly conservative women. the meghan trainor of books, if you will.

on a somewhat unrelated note, speaking of poo poo aimed at kids, i really hope the a wrinkle in time movie is good. i fuckin loved those books as a kid.

Didn't 50 Shades of Grey originally start out as a Twilight fan-fic or something?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

Didn't 50 Shades of Grey originally start out as a Twilight fan-fic or something?

Precisely.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A cut where it's Star Wars, but every time they say "Force" it plays the intro to the Nutshack.

Max Wilco posted:

Too bad My Immortal didn't take off as much as Twilight did.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Calico Heart posted:

So, in response to the De-Feminised cut of The Last Jedi, I made a... De-Science Fictioned cut of A New Hope.

dubbing over the cantina music was clever

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

"That's a moon."

God drat, I wasn't expecting that one.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Thanks guys! Personally, my favourite edit was the cantina scene because it makes it look like Han and Obi Wan can't count.

"We'll give you 20 now, and 15 later"
"... 17?"
(Nods)

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Ursula K Le Guin passed away today :(

I think this older video deserves a rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVdtRvfhvQ

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calico Heart posted:

Love that Regular Sunset scene

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baka-nin posted:

I think this older video deserves a rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVdtRvfhvQ

Dan, did you ever watch Goro Miyazaki's Earthsea adaptation? Nowhere near as bad as this horrendous miniseries, but still pretty terrible.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The well has dried up and he's squeezing the mud at this point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dan, did you ever watch Goro Miyazaki's Earthsea adaptation? Nowhere near as bad as this horrendous miniseries, but still pretty terrible.

Tales of Earthsea really feels like he was just trying to play safe and make a functional movie for his first time in the Director's seat.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tales of Earthsea really feels like he was just trying to play safe and make a functional movie for his first time in the Director's seat.

He was pretty reluctant to become a director to begin with, luckily for him Up on Poppy Hill was a much better film.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I guess that #1 isn't "the moment when Demo Reel died on its arse and I realised I was stuck in an existential nightmare of doing Nostalgia Critic videos forever until the end of time"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dear lord. Quick, someone #react to this!

Kim Justice posted:

I guess that #1 isn't "the moment when Demo Reel died on its arse and I realised I was stuck in an existential nightmare of doing Nostalgia Critic videos forever until the end of time"

:vince:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

:sbahj:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kim Justice posted:

That’s some good soup.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

No! This was like a punch in the stomach :( goddamn...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kim Justice posted:

hey

hey

hey

Fuckin nice. :ocelot:

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wouldn't call it terrible. I just re-watched a big chunk of it this afternoon, and it's okay. It's very pretty, a little melancholic, but also kinda forgettable and a very jumbled adaptation that smashes the first four books together. It's not even that awful as an adaptation. Once you pluck the threads out, it's basically the conflict of Tehanu painted over the plot of The Furthest Shore, which isn't even that bad an idea as an adaptational convenience, and would probably work really well if the finer points of the filmmaking were stronger.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Wow a Doug Walker sucks joke, way to go Asalieri

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Lmao the picture he uses between the entries is literally the first thing that comes up if you image search "crying man".

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Sarcopenia posted:

Lmao the picture he uses between the entries is literally the first thing that comes up if you image search "crying man".

This isn't something new to him, Phelous makes fun of him all the time for doing that very thing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

somekindofguy posted:

Doug Walker account spotted.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

He's some kind of guy, but I don't think he's that guy. He might not even have glasses.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

somekindofguy posted:

Jesus that's a blast from the past.

Anyway if you say his name more than 3 times he tends to appear and start drama so don't bandy it around willy-nilly

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Actual content:

When you start a retrospective with a 5 minute Filthy Frank / Overwatch parody

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope Ashens doesn't start getting videos false flagged if YouTube has to eventually implement a site-wide "Seriously don't put poo poo in your mouth" policy concerning people posting videos of them putting things into their mouths they really shouldn't.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

nine-gear crow posted:

Like MM would approve an expense as extravagant as a SA account. $9.95-- what, do you think we're MADE out of #React videos or something?!?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope Ashens doesn't start getting videos false flagged if YouTube has to eventually implement a site-wide "Seriously don't put poo poo in your mouth" policy concerning people posting videos of them putting things into their mouths they really shouldn't.

He's on a network which means he's immune to a lot of YT rules.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'm sure you could argue historical interest for eating 116 year old chocolate and hey, somehow most Poundland foodstuffs have been deemed safe to eat. Him (and Steve1989) will be alright!

Speaking of Ashens, I finally get to meet and be on a panel with him in a couple of weeks which is very exciting

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Can't wait for somebody to make a "Dear Ernest Cline" video a decade later.
I'm pretty sure that our spiritual leader, SMG, has talked up Twilight for years and has argued against its dismissal on the same lines that Lindsay Ellis does.

I'm not a fan of Ellis really, but I agree with her completely on this.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I find this cycle of everyone finding the next book to collectively mock (Twilight, 50 Shades, Ready Player One) exhausting and really hope that RP1 will be the last of them, at least for a while.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm a bit late, but I watched Lindsey's Twilight video.

I don't disagree with her main point. But I do think there's plenty of vitriol towards the Fast & Furious movies from wannabe intellectuals. Not Twilight-levels, but it's always been there; even after the franchise's turnaround starting with the 5th movie.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Conal Cochran posted:

I find this cycle of everyone finding the next book to collectively mock (Twilight, 50 Shades, Ready Player One) exhausting and really hope that RP1 will be the last of them, at least for a while.

Perhaps people will approach books critically and abandon bad genre fiction.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lornekates posted:

what, do you think we're MADE out of #React videos or something?!?

...yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
If you think about it, EVERY critique is just a reaction to something in particular.

• Locked thread