Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Yandat posted:

How do the people who live there feel about that

I bet the commoners have some heretical name they still use, much like 294 is "the tri-state"

Ahh the sheeple and their little ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Squibbles posted:

The ones on the energy planet seem to love it. The ones on the mineral planet are all slaves so who cares.

Stellaris.txt

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

they relish the fact that they are better than those scrubs on Mineral Planet #2

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wow people really hate it when you commit genocide.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just keep going and eventually it won't matter any more - eventually everyone will either be dead, cowed into silence or agree with what you're doing anyway.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Stellaris - Wow, people really hate it when you commit genocide

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Just keep going and eventually it won't matter any more - eventually everyone will either be dead, cowed into silence or agree with what you're doing anyway.

*looks at Canada from the US*

Yup, checks out

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I find it harder to NOT commit genocide in this game. Peer pressure is so strong :ohdear:

e: the pressure being a gun to the peer's head

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I have this game on Steam, can I buy the DLC from the Paradox store and register it to use on Steam?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

GotLag posted:

I have this game on Steam, can I buy the DLC from the Paradox store and register it to use on Steam?

Yeah, you'll get a steam key from the PDX store.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is livestock only a Hivemind option? It seems so much handier than genociding the alien, and you can end up with a pretty rich and varied diet.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Nope, my oligarchy of repulsive, very strong cyclopses would routinely eat the enemies who managed to put up a good fight as a way to honor their bravery. The weak and pathetic we're not even fit to be appetizers, however, and were simply worked to death in the mines.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is livestock only a Hivemind option? It seems so much handier than genociding the alien, and you can end up with a pretty rich and varied diet.

Other species seemed fairly nonplussed about the idea of being used as batteries. It's not my fault that the Fallen Empire wouldn't be turned into a vassal!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Is there no way to see what an AI empire wants in return, when agreeing to join your war?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Nessus posted:

If your response to a fallen empire isn't going in and eating all of them what are you really doing

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nessus posted:

Mods?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Nope. You can also do it as long as you are some form of xenophobe, which is the main reason why I can't play as anything else. :yum:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

VirtualStranger posted:

Am I the only one who always keeps the default names like "Epsilon Indi IIIa" or "Trappist IV"?

- It makes it easier to remember where your planets are on the map when they're named after their parent star.
- Planets in the same system will get grouped next to each other in alphabetical menu lists.
- The default name lists (with the exception of the human ones) usually don't have enough planet names in them and it's easy to run out of unique ones.

i keep have a species/empire-wide suffix that I use for planets, I just remove the numbers and tack on the suffix (with secondary and tertiary suffices for systems with more than one habitable planet).

Oh god I'm autistic

Edit: I made a couple of super lovely basic Stellaris mods a year ago, and I've forgotten even the little I learned then. Where's a good place to start learning and getting the hang of more interesting modding? My current desire is to open up this mod and work out what (if anything) is broken and how to fix it.

GotLag fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 24, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Turns out a girl I just started talking to is really into Stellaris and 4X's in general and APOCALYPSE REALLY CAN COME SOON ENOUGH FFFFFFFFF. PLEASE

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Turns out a girl I just started talking to is really into Stellaris and 4X's in general and APOCALYPSE REALLY CAN COME SOON ENOUGH FFFFFFFFF. PLEASE

Longest. Foreplay. Ever.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

THE BAR posted:

Is there no way to see what an AI empire wants in return, when agreeing to join your war?

I want this so bad and not having any idea if war is a no go or just im not offering the right things drives me mad

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

She's gonna power walk away from you when she finds out you get sexually aroused from turning the fox-aliens into "domestic servants" every time you find them.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
N-noooo~ it's not like that~~

just put on the ears, im begging you

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

GotLag posted:

Where's a good place to start learning and getting the hang of more interesting modding? My current desire is to open up this mod and work out what (if anything) is broken and how to fix it.

Opening up existing mods that seem to do things similar to what I wanted to do is how I learned. From there you'd want to look at how the game itself does things for templates. Honestly it's all reverse engineering as far as I can tell! But I have gotten pretty OK at Stellaris modding so I'll try to answer any questions I can. The Stellaris modding forum also has a dedicated questions thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/stellaris-user-mods.940/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Bramble posted:

She's gonna power walk away from you when she finds out you get sexually aroused from turning the fox-aliens into "domestic servants" every time you find them.

Make sure you have compatible ethics or you're going to have a bad time.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Make sure you have compatible ethics or you're going to have a bad time.

Nah, he should find out who she dislikes and punch them in the face. As a bonus, this will also make him more influential*!

*'imprisonable'

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I want this so bad and not having any idea if war is a no go or just im not offering the right things drives me mad

I mean, it says that they WANT to join. They're just playing coy at what they're expecting in return.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aethernet posted:

Nah, he should find out who she dislikes and punch them in the face. As a bonus, this will also make him more influential*!

*'imprisonable'

He doesn't have to actually assault her rivals, just agree with everything she says about those bitches.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Aethernet posted:

*'imprisonable'

You dont get influence actually going to war, you just spread rumors, refuse to associate, and maybe go full elderly Letters to the Editor.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/956202154435411969

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://twitter.com/Dnote_Z5/status/956191053274640385

Oh god those borders...

:fap:

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
The borders actually look a lot better than I expected - I thought the weird marker pen-esque edges would be ugly.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Bramble posted:

Playing them as Authoritarian slave-owners with the syncretic start rules even more. Then again, maybe that's just me obliviously walking into the nazi furry fandom.

EDIT: The only proper way to play furries in Stellaris:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 24, 2018

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

...and yet at least 3 AI empires have that same blue primary color. The little border outlines are a huge improvement of course but it still seems nuts that something like unique primary colors for each nation is apparently not being added to the game.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of war with ai allies, do you actually have to give them some of their war goals when you negotiate peace or can you just be like "thanks for the help, here's nothing" without an opinion penalty?

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 24, 2018

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Bold Robot posted:

...and yet at least 3 AI empires have that same blue primary color. The little border outlines are a huge improvement of course but it still seems nuts that something like unique primary colors for each nation is apparently not being added to the game.

That 144 different colours mod is permanently stapled to my game.

Seriously, why isn't white a colour you can pick? Instead we get a ton of muddy off-colours? What?

E:

That sounded horribly racist for some reason. Mea culpa.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 24, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

THE BAR posted:

That 144 different colours mod is permanently stapled to my game.

Seriously, why isn't white a colour you can pick? Instead we get a ton of muddy off-colours? What?

So much could be solved if we could change our own map colour or other AI colours on the fly.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

So much could be solved if we could change our own map colour or other AI colours on the fly.

Oh yeah, let us name our vassals as well, pretty please. :shobon:

At least those we create with our own planets.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
What I would like out of the war goal system would be the ability to choose my war goals when I get caught up in a defensive war. Maybe the AI could assign me a portion of the warscore numbers for me to do what I want with. You could maybe do the same thing when trying to get allies to attack, assign them points instead of trying to guess discrete war goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

THE BAR posted:

Oh yeah, let us name our vassals as well, pretty please. :shobon:

At least those we create with our own planets.

I seem to have a memory of wiz showing off that we'll be able to give them names.

• Locked thread