Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Def Schuli. Sal made Artie lose it plenty of times on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Lifespan posted:

Ok, who specifically do you think he is referring to here

"I saw people who weren’t comedians who thought they could sit in that chair and do what I did."

That is almost verbatim to a phrase he used in the fight with Sal and Richard.
I think that is a specific dig at Sal.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Lifespan posted:

Ok, who specifically do you think he is referring to here

My guess is Dan the Song Parody Man (who owed him around 15 graaaaaand I think).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It could also sort of maybe be Jason.

But yeah, probably Shuli.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So he's back to the "I wanted to loose blood to pass out" story.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i think hes talkin about ralph with the leech thing at the beginning

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

God drat he's got such a bug up his rear end about Howard going to Jennifer Aniston's wedding, like when is he going to get over that

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Skip My Posts posted:

i think hes talkin about ralph with the leech thing at the beginning

Yeah, when he first mentioned leech, my first thought was Ralph. But I don't know about who could sit in that chair. IMHO, he was THE BEST in that spot. When I hear an old show with Jackie, I can't listen to it unless its either something I remember from those days that was good, or Howard it totally cutting the poo poo out of Jackie.

Gilbert would be good, but I don't think he'd have much to contribute aside from making smart rear end comments and doing some impressions once in a while. I loved Artie because he wouldn't pull any punches when ETM, JTD HPE were on the phone, and pissing at Howard over money or whatever. Plus he had some funny stories, like his various getting busted for coke stories, gambling, hookers stealing his money for coke etc....

As much as I like gilbert, I don't know how many times I could handle hearing stories about him buying a shirt, wearing it, then carefully folding it back up, back in to the package and returning it to the store.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Smeep posted:

God drat he's got such a bug up his rear end about Howard going to Jennifer Aniston's wedding, like when is he going to get over that

Its like Bob Dylan going electric....some people wont ever get over it

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Smeep posted:

I guess Gary's extraordinarily convincing "listen, the show has evolved" explanation for Howard's 180 hasn't quite convinced Artie yet.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

"I saw people who weren’t comedians who thought they could sit in that chair and do what I did."

That is almost verbatim to a phrase he used in the fight with Sal and Richard.
I think that is a specific dig at Sal.

I think it's Shuli -- while he got mad at Sal and Richard quite a bit, they came and visited him at the Nick and Artie show. I used to download and listen to all of those because they had a decent dynamic, and there was one day when they had "guests in the studio that they couldn't announce because they could get in trouble," something like that. My memory is crap but I seem to recall that you could kind of hear Sal and/or Richard laughing off-mic.

Artie getting pissed at them and calling them hacks was a combo of drugs, the turmoil-encouraging environment of the Stern show, and the fact that they were being bitches about him making fun of them. I think that once Artie left he was still buds with them, but Shuli is truly a hack, his stand-up is terrible and when he sat in on the show he paled in comparison to Artie and was purely sycophantic.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Zoben posted:

I think it's Shuli -- while he got mad at Sal and Richard quite a bit, they came and visited him at the Nick and Artie show. I used to download and listen to all of those because they had a decent dynamic, and there was one day when they had "guests in the studio that they couldn't announce because they could get in trouble," something like that. My memory is crap but I seem to recall that you could kind of hear Sal and/or Richard laughing off-mic.

Artie getting pissed at them and calling them hacks was a combo of drugs, the turmoil-encouraging environment of the Stern show, and the fact that they were being bitches about him making fun of them. I think that once Artie left he was still buds with them, but Shuli is truly a hack, his stand-up is terrible and when he sat in on the show he paled in comparison to Artie and was purely sycophantic.

I agree with Shuli being awful and a hack...but I do enjoy Tanner Mom and he seems to be the only one who can get Underdog Lady on the air. So thats a plus

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, when he first mentioned leech, my first thought was Ralph. But I don't know about who could sit in that chair. IMHO, he was THE BEST in that spot. When I hear an old show with Jackie, I can't listen to it unless its either something I remember from those days that was good, or Howard it totally cutting the poo poo out of Jackie.

God, no. Please not Gilbert.

Bruer would be good but I could see Pesci impressions 4 hrs a day getting old fast. Artie was so quick and really good with callbacks and fast one liners. Not sure they really need to fill it though the show definitely needs something. Maybe a rotating thing would work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If not Brueur, then at least get the guy who almost got the Artie chair, Craig Gass. :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He has an addicts brain
Anyone who doesn't enable him is mean to him and a jerk

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I actually don't hate the group thing they do now, as long as it's limited. But minus Memet or Lemet or whoever the gently caress that is.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Smeep posted:

I actually don't hate the group thing they do now, as long as it's limited. But minus Memet or Lemet or whoever the gently caress that is.

Is that the douche who has "gangster of love" tattooed on his neck?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Is that the douche who has "gangster of love" tattooed on his neck?

I'm assuming so, but I don't think I've ever seen his picture.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
More Richard.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

euphronius posted:

He has an addicts brain
Anyone who doesn't enable him is mean to him and a jerk

He's a lot like Trump in that way

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

When your refrain is “schalom bitch”... heck when you have catch phrase at all.

It’s gotta be schulie

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think Shuli is actually pretty decent as the show's Wack Pack Wrangler and I enjoy his updates on them. Or when he rats on other cast members, like during the Ronnie Mund Block Party days, but that's not something that really makes him special compared to the other staff.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

More Richard.

And Wolfie. His bits are always funny. Can't wait for wing bowl 2018.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard didn’t fill Artie’s chair because he’s been on autopilot for a long time.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That's not a bad interview but it's all typical Artie. Anyone currently in his life is a saint or an angel who "saved his life," while anyone sick of Artie's problems and avoids him is automatically a hack, a sellout, or a oval office.

Then Artie goes on to say that the reason he was fired from the radio show was because he was sooooo edgy :rolleyes:. Yeah, not because he was on drugs, lying, missing work, hijacking the show, interrupting interviews, not being funny, and physically attacking people.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
If anyone doesn't listen regularly, be sure to listen to the last two days of Memet talk. He's absolute radio gold. He's a mental case.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Reminder of how good Artie was with Howard on air
Full show without Robin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJAiy49ug6c

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Howard didn’t fill Artie’s chair because he’s been on autopilot for a long time.

That, and I imagine he doesn't want to bring up comparisons or deal with possibly another nutcase.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cumshitter posted:

I think Shuli is actually pretty decent as the show's Wack Pack Wrangler and I enjoy his updates on them. Or when he rats on other cast members, like during the Ronnie Mund Block Party days, but that's not something that really makes him special compared to the other staff.

He does a good tan mom and a good Jeff impersonation

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

How can they possibly think anyone would care about which random back-office staffer is better looking?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Smeep posted:

How can they possibly think anyone would care about which random back-office staffer is better looking?

Howards really concerned about which male staffer is the best looking?

What a shock.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm shocked Artie is shocked that anyone would be gunning for him and his seat after he left. He said some awful, uncalled for things to people while he was there (and I'm not just talking about Sal & Richard & HPM) and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the back office were glad that he was gone. They might have liked him on a personal level but he can't have always been the easiest person to work with, especially considering how vicious he could get on-air.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JB50 posted:

What a shock.

Ooh-gah!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

prefect posted:

Ooh-gah!

I miss Out of the Closet Stern.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

JB50 posted:

Memet is the only one who cares and he's totally delusional and insecure.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

What a shock.

Is that what you got out of it? I don't think Howard actually cares about who is the best looking. He cares about talking about it because it makes Memet say a bunch of insane things.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm shocked Artie is shocked that anyone would be gunning for him and his seat after he left. He said some awful, uncalled for things to people while he was there (and I'm not just talking about Sal & Richard & HPM) and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the back office were glad that he was gone. They might have liked him on a personal level but he can't have always been the easiest person to work with, especially considering how vicious he could get on-air.

He picked probably the biggest "gently caress you" to Howard he could have in joining Anthony Cumia's show, and I imagine that's why he did it because no way could Cumia afford to pay him that much.

Is he really driving from New Jersey to Roslyn every day? He barely made it to Manhattan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

He picked probably the biggest "gently caress you" to Howard he could have in joining Anthony Cumia's show, and I imagine that's why he did it because no way could Cumia afford to pay him that much.

Is he really driving from New Jersey to Roslyn every day? He barely made it to Manhattan

Opie was the one that hated Howard, Anthony was indifferent.