Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Konec Hry posted:

Just grow some balls and say what you really think.

I just did; gently caress sweden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

I just did; gently caress sweden.

Konec Hry posted:

grow some balls

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Heinz Hynkel posted:

131 dead, 520 wounded. 1500 shootings (over 7 years). Bad aim for sure but still, what is rotten in Sweden? Why does this happen?
Is this a result of beautiful multi culture or is there another reason? We don't have this in Norway or Denmark so I find it kinda strange.

Statistics basically.
Sweden have for the last 20-30 years had the highest immigration rate in Europe, which have consisted of a large proportion of young (15-25) men from MiddleEast/Afrika.
As Brå 2005 showed, people in that category have 3-4 higher ratio of being suspected for violent crimes. As that category grows in terms of part of the population, the number of crimes grow proportionally.

As for multicultural things, that has little to do with it.
Alienation, poverty might have something to do with it (where the question is whether you are a poor and alienated due to society or due to poor life choices).
Sydsvenskan did a series about the gang in Seved, and the behaviour among the gangs had more in common with The Wire, than any form of immigration.

That said, the dead are mostly among the gangs, with some innocent bystanders, and the places mostly suffering from this are the immigration-rich areas.
Which incidentally means that any handwaving of this hurts the immigrant-rich areas the most.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cardiac posted:

Statistics basically.
Sweden have for the last 20-30 years had the highest immigration rate in Europe, which have consisted of a large proportion of young (15-25) men from MiddleEast/Afrika.
As Brå 2005 showed, people in that category have 3-4 higher ratio of being suspected for violent crimes. As that category grows in terms of part of the population, the number of crimes grow proportionally.

Cardiac doesn't understand how statistics work, episode 264.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cardiac posted:

Statistics basically.

That said, the dead are mostly among the gangs

Well that is a good thing. Not long ago I read that someone picked up a hand grenade and got kill though. Why do people pick up stuff on the street?
swedes!!!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cardiac doesn't understand how statistics work, episode 264.

Additionally, what Cardiac is leaving out is how haphazardly jumping into this with a 'tough on crime' approach (which has become the norm in the last year) could be equally or in fact even more detrimental than hand-waving it.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MiddleOne posted:

Additionally, what Cardiac is leaving out is how haphazardly jumping into this with a 'tough on crime' approach (which has become the norm in the last year) could be equally or in fact even more detrimental than hand-waving it.

How so?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Almost all of this is gang on gang violence, which isn't really a big deal. Sweden is still one of the safest countries in the world as long as you don't join a gang or walk into a turf war.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Because thanks to the US we know that the empirical foundation for it decreasing crime is very thin while the practical consequences are as dramatic as they are inhuman.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Well that is a good thing. Not long ago I read that someone picked up a hand grenade and got kill though. Why do people pick up stuff on the street?
swedes!!!

Hey, littering is a serious problem, okay?

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MiddleOne posted:

Because thanks to the US we know that the empirical foundation for it decreasing crime is very thin while the practical consequences are as dramatic as they are inhuman.

Hmm yes, but the US is very different from almost all the nations in the world. They are maybe the only true multi cultural nation. There is no welfare like in the Nordic nations.
No real security for those that fail. Are you saying that sweden can be compared to that?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Hmm yes, but the US is very different from almost all the nations in the world. They are maybe the only true multi cultural nation.

You can't possibly be this loving ignorant

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Retarded Goatee posted:

You can't possibly be this loving ignorant

You know the answer to that question

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I love the monolithic cultures of India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Switzerland etc

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Retarded Goatee posted:

I love the monolithic cultures of India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Switzerland etc

I think he meant countries like the UK or Canada. Still pretty dumb though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dude's a nazi, so what do you expect?

Incidentally he's also lying about Sweden being uniquely bad about organized crime, since they've got a literal gang war going on in Denmark right now.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cerebral Bore posted:

Dude's a nazi, so what do you expect?

Incidentally he's also lying about Sweden being uniquely bad about organized crime, since they've got a literal gang war going on in Denmark right now.

You call me a nazi? I strongly support Israel and that is kinda hard to do if you ride the nazi-train. gently caress off dipshit.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Of course you support the worlds #1 apartheid state, whoda thunk it

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

I think he meant countries like the UK or Canada. Still pretty dumb though.

Yes I was talking about the western world. None are close to the US. Not even the UK.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded Goatee posted:

Of course you support the worlds #1 apartheid state, whoda thunk it

Still, no nazi would.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
would you be more okay with the term garden variety fascist?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Yes I was talking about the western world. None are close to the US. Not even the UK.

Those are all countries where white people will be a minority in a few decades. The difference isn't as massive as you make it out to be.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded Goatee posted:

would you be more okay with the term garden variety fascist?

Sure.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Those are all countries where white people will be a minority in a few decades. The difference isn't as massive as you make it out to be.

That is not surprising with states that have embraced globalization. White people are a minority on this world. The US was built on that from the start and, while the difference
may not be that massive, I feel that I am on safe ground with saying that its very much in the lead in the western world about that issue.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heinz Hynkel posted:

You call me a nazi? I strongly support Israel and that is kinda hard to do if you ride the nazi-train. gently caress off dipshit.

lol literally "I have a token friend" except it's more like "I have a token opinion"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol literally "I have a token friend" except it's more like "I have a token opinion"

It's almost literally the 'I would have voted for Obama a third time' joke from Get Out.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cerebral Bore posted:

You are retarded. swedish?

This is not about me but about the post I made about the current situation in sweden. If you cannot respond to that I would advice you to simply gently caress-off.
Try to be useful for once.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Not to give HH any credit, but aren’t grenade attacks kind of a problem that needs solving? What would an ideal solution be? I suspect this amnesty is going to do fuckall.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Pitt posted:

Not to give HH any credit, but aren’t grenade attacks kind of a problem that needs solving? What would an ideal solution be? I suspect this amnesty is going to do fuckall.

Ban grenades! Or put a heavy tax on them.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Ban grenades! Or put a heavy tax on them.

Your ideal solution is camps, I get it.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
What if the current situation in regards to immigration and integration might be causing social issues, but not due to people coming here being evil brown people incapable of civilisation faaarrrrttttt

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Heinz Hynkel posted:

You are retarded. swedish?

This is not about me but about the post I made about the current situation in sweden. If you cannot respond to that I would advice you to simply gently caress-off.
Try to be useful for once.

Better watch out, you know what people like Heinz liked to do to "useless" people in the 1930s...

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Dirk Pitt posted:

Like everyone has already mentioned, these morons are mainly interested in killing each other. For most civilians and bystanders these things are just an inconvenience. There's been like one or two collateral deaths but mainly it's people waking up at night because of a grenade or a gun going off somewhere in the neighborhood.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The only thing stopping a bad guy with a grenade is a good guy with a grenade.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

kikkelivelho posted:

Like everyone has already mentioned, these morons are mainly interested in killing each other. For most civilians and bystanders these things are just an inconvenience. There's been like one or two collateral deaths but mainly it's people waking up at night because of a grenade or a gun going off somewhere in the neighborhood.

I get that it is people killing each other, but surely we’d prefer they didn’t and especially use explosives meant for battlefields. Seems very silly to just stick your head in the sand and say they’re blowing each other up, not us, so all is well.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Pitt posted:

Your ideal solution is camps, I get it.

Not at all. But I cannot remember when we last had a grenade attack here in Norway. sweden got a real problem and I find it strange that
they don't fix it. I think that the prime minister was talking about bringing in the army... what the gently caress? A civilized nation does not bring in
the army, they use the police.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Not at all. But I cannot remember when we last had a grenade attack here in Norway. sweden got a real problem and I find it strange that
they don't fix it. I think that the prime minister was talking about bringing in the army... what the gently caress? A civilized nation does not bring in
the army, they use the police.

You mean the statement which so tremendously stupid and populistic that he had to backtrack on it the very next day?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

I get that it is people killing each other, but surely we’d prefer they didn’t and especially use explosives meant for battlefields. Seems very silly to just stick your head in the sand and say they’re blowing each other up, not us, so all is well.
Yeah, it's about perceived safety. You can't just point at statistics and say "Look, 98% of people killed are other gang members, it's fine."

Surprise, people don't like it when criminals run around in their neighbourhood shooting at each other.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Yeah, it's about perceived safety. You can't just point at statistics and say "Look, 98% of people killed are other gang members, it's fine."

Surprise, people don't like it when criminals run around in their neighbourhood shooting at each other.

Perceived safety is actually a rather big thing.
One reason crime rates go down is due to people taking precautions to avoid crime.
Some of the statistics Sanandajj points out in in Massutmaning (which btw cover this subject) is the growth in security companies, the rise in the ratio of home alarms and the decline in people letting their kids go by themselves to school.
All are cases of where the potential of crime is reduced.

As for gang members killing each other, the tally of innocent victims is also rising, which is hardly surprising since the perpetrators are young men with addiction issues, lack of self control and consequence thinking with easy access to pistols and grenades.
Not really a good mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
are grenade wars really a new thing in legölånd, didn't you guys have like a biker insurgency during the 90s?