Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

It's from the 90s, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Coolguye posted:

(also, i realize this is an eternal fight, but i tend to come down on the side of 'squirrel girl's art actually pretty bad' but i don't care because the writing is so funny it could be mspaint for all i care)

This is my stance, too.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Was this before or after he merged with Carnage for a couple issues?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SilverSupernova posted:

Was this before or after he merged with Carnage for a couple issues?

Before. Carnage stuff was late 90's. Carnage was too serious to do anything that fun in the early 90's.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

purple death ray posted:

How disappointed were you to read all those comics and realize basically every Archie panel itt was fake

not, I expected it, both from people religiously informing Say Nothing that he was posting edits and from the base “yeah right” of there being any serious sexual overtones in a comic whose entire point is being frozen in atomic age americana (you know, when the gays didn’t exist)

did not change how amazing poo poo like time police and Archie vs Predator was

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From Just Imagine Stan Lee's Superman where Superman is a grown adult cop from Krypton that crash lands on Earth pursuing a criminal. Maximum :effort:

Also, same comic (Superman joins a circus to make some money before moving on from the panel above):

Meanwhile (after this I'm going to :justpost: ):

I like the sounds made in this panel, an answer to the question "What do chains sound like when Superman breaks them?":

And at the end of the comic, a bit about comics.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 23, 2018

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From Just Imagine Stan Lee's Superman where Superman is a grown adult cop from Krypton that crash lands on Earth pursuing a criminal. Maximum :effort:

Either Clark Kent or Peter Parker.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I picked up the Just Imagine omnibus for pretty cheap but haven't started it yet. If the above is any indication, I think I'll enjoy the implicit humor of Stan Lee scripts.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I picked up the Just Imagine omnibus for pretty cheap but haven't started it yet. If the above is any indication, I think I'll enjoy the implicit humor of Stan Lee scripts.

Just Imagine Stan Lee with Walter Simonson creating Sandman is going to gently caress you up.

Or the way literally every character talks in Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Byrne creating Robin.

EDIT:

Also, reminder that the Batman in that last one is this guy:

Only bad thing is stuff like this happens a good bit.

:iceburn:

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 23, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Also, reminder that the Batman in that last one is this guy:

Only bad thing is stuff like this happens a good bit.

:iceburn:

Did they make Batman a furry?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He already was. Why do you think he calls himself Batman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Proteus Jones posted:

Did they make Batman a furry?

Well. He is a dude dressed up as a bat loving a woman dressed up as a cat, so...

EDIT: God damnit.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Coolguye posted:

not, I expected it, both from people religiously informing Say Nothing that he was posting edits and from the base “yeah right” of there being any serious sexual overtones in a comic whose entire point is being frozen in atomic age americana (you know, when the gays didn’t exist)

did not change how amazing poo poo like time police and Archie vs Predator was

Ironic, isn't Archie the first comic to have gay marriage? And wasn't it before it was fully nationally recognized?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Choco1980 posted:

Ironic, isn't Archie the first comic to have gay marriage?

No.

quote:

And wasn't it before it was fully nationally recognized?

No.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Life With Archie featured Kevin Keller's marriage in January 2012, a few months before Northstar got hitched in Marvel, which I believe was Marvel's first, so Archie beat the big two at least. And those came out several years before Obergefell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Argue posted:

Life With Archie featured Kevin Keller's marriage in January 2012, a few months before Northstar got hitched in Marvel, which I believe was Marvel's first, so Archie beat the big two at least. And those came out several years before Obergefell.

Yeah, but I have to imagine Love and Rockets or some other indie comic had gay marriage before Archie. And Captain America had a gay friend who lived with another man in the 80's, but (because it was the 80's) it wasn't ever made explicit that he was gay.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Heroes.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Swingers.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

no, that's spider-man

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Talk of Judge Dredd's name in the Badass thread reminded me of this funny bit from Mega City Zero, where Judge Dredd is trying to sign up for a society that works like an internet forum.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

quite stretched out posted:

no, that's spider-man

But he also has sex with a woman dressed as a cat so he's not entirely wrong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Also, same comic (Superman joins a circus to make some money before moving on from the panel above):

Stan Lee really, really wanted to be in the circus, didn't he?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

no thank mr skeletal

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no! covered with skeletons... get them off me!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quite stretched out posted:

no, that's spider-man

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no thank mr skeletal

I'm not sure exactly what's happening here, but in my mind an off-panel necromancer is animating a new skeleton every time Logan regrows one.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Elfface posted:

I'm not sure exactly what's happening here, but in my mind an off-panel necromancer is animating a new skeleton every time Logan regrows one.

At least I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Esplanade posted:

I've always loved this panel.

"So kids, what was your favourite part of the circus?"
"The acrobats!"
"I liked the man balancing on the other man's shoulders!"
"I fear for the future of humanity if even a lowly, travelling circus has the means to acquire or build an advanced automaton with unbelievable strength and the precision and coordination of a professional juggler. And what of the ethics -- using this robot to toss around, terrify, and potentially inflict grievous injury on those poor animals?"
"The clowns were really funny!"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no thank mr skeletal

hey dont kinkshame
Wolvy seems to enjoy it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Wolverine still dead or have they already undone that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They're actually building up the storyline to bring him back right now

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I think regular Wolverine is still dead and alternate-universe Old Man Logan that was dragged to the main universe is running around, but I haven't kept up with the X-23 Wolverine book and Orphans of X shenanigans.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wolverine showed up alive in Legacy.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Esplanade posted:

Like, God bless the crooked little gently caress but Stan Lee's idea of "hiding out" was ALWAYS "Do the exact same poo poo but in a different costume". Like "Oh no the Hulk has disappeared! Oh well, let's go to the circus to watch someone the exact size, shape, color, with the exact same level of strength as The Hulk but wearing funny shoes. THAT will get my mind of my troubles!"
Spider-Man, Thor are just two off the top of my head where, all of a sudden, a stranger with an obvious fake name shows up, gets hired as a cook or wallpaper hanger and starts doing AMAZING thing, "I want this entire wall covered in wallpaper in TWO hours mister 'Uuuuuuhh (thirty seconds of absolute silence while his thought bubble recaps where he is, why he's there, why he needs a fake name, what his next move is, hopes and fears about being discovered) Martins."
*Peter Parker upside down on the ceiling* "(ten seconds of silence as the thought bubble recaps how he hopes he won't be caught and what will happen if he is) Ok boss."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Avengers #677

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no! covered with skeletons... get them off me!

I want you to know that I appreciated that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:same: