Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I still miss the days of old Sion and Taric target stuns.

Sit in bot bush, stun-explode-stun-explode-dance over dead enemy laners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

sightstone changes going to be huge for any mid who wanted fqc, ghosties being replaced with wards is probably stronger. Also an upgrade for tops with coin or spellthiefs.

probably STILL getting relic shield on adcs because halved healing is still good when you consider, yet again, wards.

Relic probably should've gotten Frostfang's last hit malus, but if my ADC wants to build a Sightstone and help me with vision coverage, I ain't gonna complain.

I think they recognize the potential risk inherent in other lanes picking up the item and sitting on it for a Sightstone, which might be part of their intent. Like, if they wanted this to only be for supports, they could easily slap a -75% CS gold penalty on the items until the quest is completed and solve the problem. They want to see what a game where other lanes are willing to sacrifice 850g early for suboptimal stats (without completely sawing off their own leg ala old Sightstone) but more ward coverage looks like.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 24, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

Relic probably should've gotten Frostfang's last hit malus, but if my ADC wants to build a Sightstone and help me with vision coverage, I ain't gonna complain.

Your ADC wants to conspire with the enemy jungler to kill your jungler.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

When you play as new swain crows follow you around the map perching on walls 10/10

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Cool I'm sure fiddlesticks will love that. Not sure why they gave it to swain though,.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I am very appreciatevive of the bird based champions in this game

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

strong bird posted:

I am very appreciatevive of the bird based champions in this game

Quinn is super cool I agree.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Except that one

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

strong bird posted:

Except that one

Quinn + Valor original sweetheart bird couple

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Verviticus posted:

it makes as much sense as every spell generating aggro. its completely arbitrary where they choose to cut it off and the only settings that are maximum intuitive are "all damage generates creep and tower aggro" (the best choice) and "nothing generates creep aggro" which is worse because towers exist too

its amazing how they somehow dont understand "nerfed [champion] because [rune/mastery]" and "nerfed [rune/mastery]" don't need to be included together in the same loving patch

I'd rather they revert that, the Q ratio nerf, and the aspd nerf, and just remove klepto. I don't like how his new meta is 'you are shittier than last season, but get to 3 items at 18 minutes so you are broken'. I like getting my spike slower and not feeling so gimmicky, I guess.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nightgull posted:

Is this change part of a larger targeted campaign against targeted abilities? As in there used to be more? I always thought league was the skillshot game (after smite).

for people who played when people said "elo hell" because league literally used the elo system from chess, you can remember all of the champions as they used to be, and a lot of them had point and click abilities. ryze used to be entirely point target on every spell which made him unique as hell to play because he spammed aoe attacks as a point and click guy for instance. these days most of that stuff has long been patched out so it is just mostly a distant memory but it used to be everywhere

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I'd rather they revert that, the Q ratio nerf, and the aspd nerf, and just remove klepto. I don't like how his new meta is 'you are shittier than last season, but get to 3 items at 18 minutes so you are broken'. I like getting my spike slower and not feeling so gimmicky, I guess.

the secret to beating ezreal is to just not send anyone to lane against him

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Similarly, Singed booboos on GP top

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

pog boyfriend posted:

for people who played when people said "elo hell" because league literally used the elo system from chess, you can remember all of the champions as they used to be, and a lot of them had point and click abilities. ryze used to be entirely point target on every spell which made him unique as hell to play because he spammed aoe attacks as a point and click guy for instance. these days most of that stuff has long been patched out so it is just mostly a distant memory but it used to be everywhere

Thanks, the Pog's Boyfriend. Sounds like I was pretty mistaken about league, but I think I first heard about it when Ezreal came out and everyone talked about how he had so many skillshots, you wouldn't believe how much shots of skill he takes to play. There's bass pounding in the background and Little John is yelling, "Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots, shots, shots!" and one of the other Rap Guys is saying "skill" before every yell in a small voice.

I do miss targeted stuff - my favorite hero in dotes was Spirit Breaker, for the love of peat - but I've been having a lot of fun missing Illaoi's E. I find her Q is very easy to land as the hitbox is overly generous and the indicator is even a bit misleading. Oh, and another thing I miss is one skill simply being an autoattack passive. That was great because I'm very simple and I prefer having as few buttons as possible. I was snobby about League for a long time but I'm glad I finally gave it a serious try, it's loads of fun and the characters I've tried are full of personality.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So is the FQC active just gone forever now, instead of being moved to another item like was done with other old item changes?

Pouring one out for my spooky ghost bros. :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Shortest Path posted:

So is the FQC active just gone forever now, instead of being moved to another item like was done with other old item changes?

Pouring one out for my spooky ghost bros. :(

They said fqc active and possible talisman active may return in a different item at some point, so spooky ghosts will live again maybe.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Azir-Nunu b0tlane, busted

give it a shot

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
New Swain has "rallying" quotes that he fires off in the fountain when his team is behind, even, ahead.

I wonder by what measure the game decides which team is ahead, if it's just based on overall gold per side or number of towers, if it's gold based, that could be a useful advantage to know which team is in the lead without guessing.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

New Swain has "rallying" quotes that he fires off in the fountain when his team is behind, even, ahead.

I wonder by what measure the game decides which team is ahead, if it's just based on overall gold per side or number of towers, if it's gold based, that could be a useful advantage to know which team is in the lead without guessing.

I always thought it was weird that there was no in-game display of gold per team like there is in the spectator or tournament views. Useful stuff to know!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if there was an in game gold display dumb rear end surrender attempts would no doubt triple, or even more

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

duck trucker posted:

Secret Sion strategy: Start with a Doran's Ring, go with his E as your first ability and max it first. Then just scream minions into your opponent and bully them out of lane.

Also I'm a freak who likes to max Olaf's E first. I find better luck just using the true damage to overpower my opponent then landing axes.

Dont forget the comet that automatically hits them cause the axe slows.
But yeah, his E is just so loving satisfying to land...

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

if there was an in game gold display dumb rear end surrender attempts would no doubt triple, or even more

The same can be said about FIRST BLOOD, KILLING SPREE, GODLIKE, the kill score in general, minion counts, number of dragons taken per side, or any of the other already existing and visible metrics of success.

You can't get around the personality of moba players, and failing that I just think data and transparency are cool and good. :shobon:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Dumb rear end surrender attempts are leagues better then dumb rear end "no" votes when you're 20 kills, 4 dragons and 6 towers behind. 4 out of five votes required to surrender remains the most monumentally stupid idea Riot's ever had, 2 people should in no way be able to force 3 people to remain in the game.

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a guy who picks "no" when the vote's 3-1 for surrendering, I'd shoot the last one twice.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 24, 2018

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Idk if Swain is good or not, but it’s cool that I can now play my 5E Warlock in League.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aumanor posted:

Dumb rear end surrender attempts are leagues better then dumb rear end "no" votes when you're 20 kills, 4 dragons and 6 towers behind. 4 out of five votes required to surrender remains the most monumentally stupid idea Riot's ever had, 2 people should in no way be able to force 3 people to remain in the game.

Failed surrenders are the worst, especially when you're in a game with someone who's decided to AFK at the fountain while occasionally clicking to avoid getting automatically kicked from the game. My personal policy is to just apologize and quit in such circumstances, because that one guy's antics can make it practically impossible to surrender on a full team. And if one or more players quit because of him, it becomes literally impossible due to his idle abstention counting as a no vote. It's just not worth it to force yourself to endure 20 minutes of failed surrender votes while the enemy team does anything but march down mid and win. By the time you've noticed someone being That Guy and decided to bail to avoid wasting your own time, it's probably worth taking a break from League; and, if not, then there's always the option to have a second account. This policy has served me in good stead for however many years I've been playing this game full of terrible people and I've only ever gotten hit with LeaverBuster like once or twice.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've won so many games that have had 3/2 surrender votes, if 3/2 could suddenly end a easily won game I'd be a hell of a lot angrier then a failed vote on a unwinnable game.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've won so many games that have had 3/2 surrender votes, if 3/2 could suddenly end a easily won game I'd be a hell of a lot angrier then a failed vote on a unwinnable game.

See, for me playing out a lost game in League is so absolutely miserable that I'd gladly trade those few victories from that far behind in exchange for all my losses being that much quicker. Honestly, if someone offered me a guarantee that none of my losses would last longer than 15 minutes in exchange for never being able to come back from a losing game I'd take it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

trip report: relic shield still op on adcs, sightstone is too big

Kog and Xayah looking strong.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 24, 2018

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

trip report: relic shield still op on adcs, sightstone is too big

This really isn't hard, Riot, just make the gold sharing and heal only trigger on executions and classify Thresh's aa as melee. There, relic balance fixed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Aumanor posted:

This really isn't hard, Riot, just make the gold sharing and heal only trigger on executions and classify Thresh's aa as melee. There, relic balance fixed.

Like I mentioned upthread, there's a small handful of ways to exclusively lock Relic and its ilk to the support role. The fact that they're not tells me that they're interested in seeing what a meta with an additional Sightstone or two on the team does, and how willing people are to sacrifice 850g of early game power in return for sustainability and vision. It's a deliberate decision rather than an oversight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Everyone should be getting this if possible. lovely tank tops? Get relic and gold share your jg or mid, use the execution to push tower with them. Adcs? Shield always unless you're an early lane bully.

Tank junglers? Get shield imo

The removal of spooky ghosts and talisman upgrade makes it worse on some tops and mids but oh well

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

just make relic shield executes melee only and buff thresh's base stats if he sucks with coin. it's not hard

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Aumanor posted:

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a guy who picks "no" when the vote's 3-1 for surrendering, I'd shoot the last one twice.

i exclusively play normals where i am sometimes matched with 3-4 man premades that repeatedly try to troll me every single game(i have never had a 3-4 man premade that does not try to troll me, in my own anecdotal experience, though the ones that do not troll me often do not say anything), and often times there will be like one sane person and everyone else is just saying poo poo like "get in skype josh lmfao that cuck mordekaiser tried to gank LMAO", and then as soon as something happens you know the premade is massively poo poo talking me in skype but then the other guy who is not tilted off the planet votes no because we are actually ahead and the only thing that happened was those 3 tried to initiate 3v5 while we were 2manning dragon

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
what is cool tho is if you and your friends all pick a yordle champ and begin inquiring with the other team about which perspectives they might have seen or not seen yordles from. you'd be surprised at the results!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
have looked down on a yordle: these ones? not good guys
have looked up to a yordle: now we're talking

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

what is cool tho is if you and your friends all pick a yordle champ and begin inquiring with the other team about which perspectives they might have seen or not seen yordles from. you'd be surprised at the results!

building themed team comps with your friends is one of the greatest experiences in league of legends

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ban nunu

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Ezreal was just gutted with the double hit to pre 7 and klepto being rear end now

Thank god, maybe they can just remove klepto and buff his stats again

Between that and Vayn I swear to God Rito watches what I buy just to gently caress with me, if mf wasn't still great I'd say it's the gods telling me to stop playing adc

Speaking of I actually had a positive K/d ratio for the first time ever solo queueing, using MF, so basically friendship with tristana ended MF is my new best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'll kill you