Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

incredibly normal website

one handed chess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

THC posted:

twitter says he was successfully doxed because he was in the photo with Chelsea Manning lol

just being seen in public with one of those guys can make anyone else look worse, and a half dozen of them oozes enough guilt-by-association to make people think Chelsea Manning is a nazi

thats the alt right midas touch

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
(((Hot Pockets)))

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

incredibly normal website

"What's Hunnie...? *googles* Ah. I don't know what I expected."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/willsommer/stat...r%3D262%23pti36

quote:

When the first venue canceled one day before the party, Cernovich immediately pulled out his phone and began streaming his furious walk down the halls of Jack Studios in Chelsea, toting his infant daughter and venting to his fan base about how he was “set up” and the owners were suppressing his speech. But underneath the facade, he was terrified. After the stream ended and he left Jack Studios, trailed by a documentary crew from The Atlantic, he stumbled onto the pavement and began dry heaving.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Neon Noodle posted:

(((Hot Pockets)))

https://twitter.com/gokunaruto67/status/955977033846149120

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dont these fuckers have jobs

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:bisonyes:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Inescapable Duck posted:

The fun part is watching New Atheists go all the way back around into mythologised Christian propaganda without a hint of irony.

I was never really a new atheist type (although I did go through an athiest phase) but in retrospect its amazing how much they have internalized the worldview of fundamentalist Christianity and think that all religious belief works like that. They are really two sides of the same coin.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Protestantism is crypto-atheism

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

lol as if there's an actual separation between Libertarian Land and the Alt-Right.

What they really want is to never be a slave, but still have slavery just not for people like themselves, so it's a short hop from "no government (and I'm very racist)" to "government establishing the superiority of assholes like me", and they'll need strong laws & cops that can enforce them and make the other kinds of people do what they're told

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol

quote:

When the second venue canceled the next morning, a desperate Cernovich called in every single favor he could muster to find some venue, any venue, to make the event happen. His crew delivered. Akbar told me that he’d called “every rich Republican woman in Manhattan,” while Posobiec tried shaking down his contacts to get to the far right’s own prince and Manhattan real-estate mogul, Donald Trump Jr. (he never heard back). The caterers, whom he’d already paid $45,000, kept calling him from Long Island, asking exactly where the party would be. “Just start driving towards the city,” Cernovich recalled saying to them. In the end, it took $20,000 in cash, which Cernovich withdrew from a Wells Fargo account and delivered to the owners of FREQ, a camera crew filming him the entire time.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Goku.

Serf
May 5, 2011

it is pretty depressing that cernovich can just bust out 20k at a moment's notice, ten times my entire life's savings

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Data Graham posted:

dont these fuckers have jobs

Which reminds me, I haven't check in on Baked for a while. Wonder what he is u.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtmiRD7Iv8

:yikes:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Serf posted:

it is pretty depressing that cernovich can just bust out 20k at a moment's notice, ten times my entire life's savings

Probably came from a 401k

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

that's like a badass SNES game's theme.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

snoremac posted:

that's like a badass SNES game's theme.

it sounds like a wrestling entrance theme song from the 90’s

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Serf posted:

new idea. follow these guys when they're filming venues and rob them after they go into a bank

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Gravy Jones posted:

Which reminds me, I haven't check in on Baked for a while. Wonder what he is u.....

yeah yeah we take the high road
that's the christian way!
yeah we got a christian server,
pray pray every day!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

holy poo poo lmao

Gravy Jones posted:

HOLY poo poo WHAT THE gently caress

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Better smarter memes

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The best thing about Baked Alaska and Milo Yiannopolis is that post-twitter it's like they don't even exist any more. When Baked was screaming in that fast-food parking lot, he was actually vanishing like Marty in Back to the Future.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Baked posted:

IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF THIS VIDEO GOT POSTED A MILLION TIMES ON TWITTER HEHEHEHEHE

Reality posted:

Published on 1 Jan 2018

Which is actually considerably more views than his "Christian Gaming" videos get. He seems to have dropped that particular grift though.

Gravy Jones has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Jan 24, 2018

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

business hammocks posted:

The best thing about Baked Alaska and Milo Yiannopolis is that post-twitter it's like they don't even exist any more. When Baked was screaming in that fast-food parking lot, he was actually vanishing like Marty in Back to the Future.

None of these people actually exist and the only way we know about them is because we're too online, op

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

i'm atheist don't lump me in with that terrorist religion

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeCrotch posted:

i'm atheist don't lump me in with that terrorist religion

You have to wonder why they are lying about believing in god

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/DJCPI/status/890312081873829888

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

None of these people actually exist and the only way we know about them is because we're too online, op

Sadly I used to work with a kid who loved Milo Yiannopolis who wasn't very online at all. He didn't know the Mercers cut him off or about his crazy lawsuit, but he knew about the book and talked about it all the time. He was like a traditional sheltered young republican type.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
milo survived his twitter ban, he didn't survive against TheReaganBattalion

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he survived that. he, like bannon, didn't survive the mercer's pulling the money out

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

:monocle:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Feldegast42 posted:

I was never really a new atheist type (although I did go through an athiest phase) but in retrospect its amazing how much they have internalized the worldview of fundamentalist Christianity and think that all religious belief works like that. They are really two sides of the same coin.

It's true

Most new Atheists I've heard talk seem to have internalized the idea of the ultimate good of reason vs. the ultimate evil of religion, and even think in terms of prophets and their revelations

NIETZSCHEIAN ASIDE: If you think "God is dead" IE God never existed or no longer acts in this world, then it follows religion is a behavior, and not as the new atheists would have it as exclusively prattle about epistemology. It also follows that you can engage in religious behavior without dealing with things that are explicitly religious

What I'm saying is that if somebody find this line of thinking incomprehensible, then you are prob dealing with a new atheist

(And also this is why the philosopher who's single most famous phrase is "god is dead" is not invited to Atheist barbecues, as it turns out he has a lot of trenchant and accurate criticism of Atheism, despite being an atheist/agnostic himself)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

so there is militant atheism!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nebakenezzer posted:

It's true

Most new Atheists I've heard talk seem to have internalized the idea of the ultimate good of reason vs. the ultimate evil of religion, and even think in terms of prophets and their revelations

NIETZSCHEIAN ASIDE: If you think "God is dead" IE God never existed or no longer acts in this world, then it follows religion is a behavior, and not as the new atheists would have it as exclusively prattle about epistemology. It also follows that you can engage in religious behavior without dealing with things that are explicitly religious

What I'm saying is that if somebody find this line of thinking incomprehensible, then you are prob dealing with a new atheist

(And also this is why the philosopher who's single most famous phrase is "god is dead" is not invited to Atheist barbecues, as it turns out he has a lot of trenchant and accurate criticism of Atheism, despite being an atheist/agnostic himself)

Kant killed God, Fred was merely a better publicist for the Good News.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
the enlightenment killed god when they tried to put him in a box

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Admiral Ray posted:

the enlightenment killed god when they tried to put him in a box

It's more like they put God into a superposition of being both alive or dead inside the box, and Nietzsche killed it by opening the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything