Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ColdPie posted:

So start a different conversation

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
forza motorsport 7

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My vote goes to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

That game was way better than it had a right to be and deserved a better fate than being sent out to die as an exclusive on a dead console.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Fuzz posted:

How is Salt and Sanctuary not on this yet? Or any of the Newgrounds games like Castle Crashers? They seem like no brainers, especially CC with the split Joycons and easy coop.

Great now I want Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater on my Switch. Every Behemoth game really.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beastie posted:

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

A combined port of 3D World and Captain Toad.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

ColdPie posted:

So start a different conversation

What is the sexiest Nintendo character? Tied between Rosaline and Samus for me.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Beastie posted:

Go!

A collection pack of every Ace Attorney game. Especially the ones that still don't have English localization.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beastie posted:

Go!

I'd say Burnout Paradise but that's rumored to actually be coming, so Skate 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Beastie posted:

Go!

Xenoblade Chronicles.

Leading up to Switch's release I was really excited, assuming Nintendo would have their VC poo poo in order and the Wii U stuff would be accessible, and I was very disappointed when all of that stuff just vanished. I don't like XC2 anywhere near as much as the original and would rather play it on a portable that can actually handle it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Mr Phillby posted:

Welp i caved and bought pic-a-pax deluxe because I'm a picross addict. Theres two puzzles on the final screen that I can't complete because the game freezes for a solid minute every time I colour a square in.

I haven't bought the game yet because in the demo there was a puzzle that was so large that it was both too hard to see the numbers without squinting while playing handheld and the X's refused to show up no matter if I was playing handheld or docked. Have you had this happen at all in the full game? I liked the demo but I didn't want to spend money on a buggy mess.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Beastie posted:

Go!

it's two gens ago but God Hand.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Beastie posted:

Go!

Catherine. Full Body would be Perfect for the Switch.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Beastie posted:

Go!

Red Dead Redemption

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Silver Falcon posted:

My vote goes to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

That game was way better than it had a right to be and deserved a better fate than being sent out to die as an exclusive on a dead console.

Yes, please for reals Nintendo. I dropped like 60 hours in TMS then I moved and haven't touched it in over a year because I can't imagine hogging the TV in order to play a Wii U game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Skate 2 would be fresh to death on Switch. You could use a joycon as a Tech Deck!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Whatever they choose to port as a remaster I would want it to be either a game with online competitive replay ability or a long RPG.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Beastie posted:

Go!

Persona 5.

Sure, it's kinda current-gen too, but it also released on PS3 and was originally developed for it so I'm gonna count it. Handheld Persona 5 would be rad as gently caress.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah, Burnout Paradise Remaster is apparently coming to PS4 in March (in Japan) and allegedly to PS4/XBO worldwide.

I miss Skate so much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beastie posted:

Go!

EDF 2025!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Harrow posted:

Persona 5.

Sure, it's kinda current-gen too, but it also released on PS3 and was originally developed for it so I'm gonna count it. Handheld Persona 5 would be rad as gently caress.

I still hold out hope that Persona 5: Ruby will come out on the Vita but good AKA the Switch.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I'd much rather have Tony Hawk's 1-4 than Skate.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Beastie posted:

Go!

Lost Odyssey

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Burnout Paradise is fun but I wish they'd do an extremely simple HD remaster of 3, the greatest video game of all time.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Zero Escape Trilogy. I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet, or that more VNs in general haven't arrived yet. Switch would be a great console for VNs and other story heavy games because of the handheld mode and pick up and play nature of them. I loved playing Danganronpa V3 on PC, but I'd have loved it more if I'd been able to play it on Switch instead.

If I can go back even further and dig into some back catalogs, I'd choose Tales of Symphonia again. But this time instead of the lazy HD remaster we got, this would be updated to better fit the modern Tales games mechanics, such as full 3D movement and maybe changing the TP system to be more like Graces or Berseria (if not at least updating it to a better TP system). Also, none of that locked 30fps PC port bullshit, the Gamecube version ran at 60. I have a real soft spot for Symphonia, but it is pretty rough to go back and play these days.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

Catherine. Full Body would be Perfect for the Switch.

I held out on the original because I was waiting for a Vita port. That never happened and now it's getting one when the Switch exists. How annoying.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What is the usb port on the dock used for? Can it be used for game storage? I know the switch doesn't have a media player yet.

And what is the sensor on the bottom left of the screen for? I noticed it when I went to apply my screen protector.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Detective No. 27 posted:

I held out on the original because I was waiting for a Vita port. That never happened and now it's getting one when the Switch exists. How annoying.

I just looked it up and supposedly there’s a rumor that the remaster may be coming to the Switch, due to some post-text on an email from Atlus. Here’s hoping!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beastie posted:

Go!

Saint's Row 2.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
PS the answer is the Wii u virtual console

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

I just looked it up and supposedly there’s a rumor that the remaster may be coming to the Switch, due to some post-text on an email from Atlus. Here’s hoping!

Neat!

And to answer the question, MGS HD Collection.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if we're speaking last gen only then Tokyo Mirage Sessions, since it's the only chance the game will get at any recognition after the WiiU bombed.

If there's no limitation on gen then Mischief Makers in a heartbeat; a game that was like 15 years ahead of its time. If it came out today on Steam as a new game it'd be a beloved cult hit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There are a lot of Last Gen games I want remakes of.

Pikmin 3 is probably top of the list tho

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Would Overwatch count as last-gen?

I know it's not happening, but that would be one game that would sell me on their online service.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got to the final challenge in the DLC2 like a month ago and never finished it. But I finally buckled down and did it this morning and wow, that last dungeon was fantastic, and the last boss fight is the best in the game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

Would Overwatch count as last-gen?

I know it's not happening, but that would be one game that would sell me on their online service.

it would work but Blizzard has said they don't want the hassle of a 4th platform so it's an issue mainly of "eh aint worth the time and monies" when they can keep pumping away at their lootbox esports cashcow

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Reality Loser posted:

What is the usb port on the dock used for? Can it be used for game storage? I know the switch doesn't have a media player yet.

And what is the sensor on the bottom left of the screen for? I noticed it when I went to apply my screen protector.

No, the Switch doesn't support expandable storage through the USB ports. You can use them for wired controllers (or charging your wireless ones), or an ethernet adapter, or a keyboard. I think that's basically it at this point.

I'm pretty sure that's the light sensor for the screen's auto-brightness feature, not 100% sure though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DLC Inc posted:

it would work but Blizzard has said they don't want the hassle of a 4th platform so it's an issue mainly of "eh aint worth the time and monies" when they can keep pumping away at their lootbox esports cashcow

Plus new maps and characters and events all launch simultaneously on PC/PS4/XB1 right now and Nintendo is really notoriously slow at pushing updates. Blizzard may be able to muscle them into doing it sooner though, idk

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Reality Loser posted:

I'm currently using both ports for my pro controller charging cable and an Ethernet adapter.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm currently using both ports for my pro controller charging cable and an Ethernet adapter.

There's a third port next to the power and HDMI ports fyi. :) I like that one for my ethernet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel that sadly Starcraft 64 will be the last Blizzard game on a Nintendo console

• Locked thread