Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just checking in on this thread to remind you that Monster Hunter releases on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The question is with modding being expanded, are we really going to need kinetic/energy slots any more?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'd love to have D1 strikes brought back, but they'd probably be poo poo with the awful cooldown times and bad weapons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

I don’t personally view it as a bad decision, people didn’t use a Primary unless it was like The Last Word or thorn. Legenday primaries rarely entered Trials until Clever Dragon, or when people discovered good Eyalsunas/that one Cardiff Bus colored Crucible hand cannon I forget the name of.

PVP was a race to the special ammo until they nerfed the gently caress out of it; at the time I thought it was dumb as hell because I loved Fusion Rofls, but looking back, not having everyone using the exact same party crasher+1/matador or 1k stare roll is better.

This game isn't just PVP, and frankly, I don't really care if PVP itself is a race for the special/heavy ammos, as the frequency of those spawns can be tuned more easily than making a sniper rifle as effective in PVP as a rocket launcher.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Is this reality at high ELO PvP?

Everyone raved about Main Ingredient, and while I haven't mastered it, it seems pretty great. Should I give up and switch to cluster bomb rockets (I do not have Sins...) full time?

It's true you do see a few people using The Main Ingredient. ONE fusion rifle with a sick-house hidden bullet magnetism stat has managed to register on the scale in the sins of the past/The Colony meta.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

This game isn't just PVP, and frankly, I don't really care if PVP itself is a race for the special/heavy ammos, as the frequency of those spawns can be tuned more easily than making a sniper rifle as effective in PVP as a rocket launcher.

This and it isnt like the removal of elemental primaries shook up the meta maybe no one was using primaries but now theres like 10 choices total for "optimal" pvp and if you dont take them you are actually at a disadvantage

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

My dream mod economy is them just porting the mod situation of The Division over to D2. A bunch of different gun parts you can slot in that actually do things and change the look of your gun and stuff. Like, let us decide what scope to put in. Let us decide what stock and grip to put in. Let us decide mag type, muzzle break, all that poo poo.

My other dream is that the mod/perk situation on guns cribs from Final Fantasy 7's materia system. Let us collect a bunch of different perks that can be linked together in interesting ways. Like maybe there's a "firefly" perk bubble and an "area status" bubble, and you have found them both during the grind. Put the two of them in linked slots on a scout rifle for "enemies killed by headshots from this weapon explode in an a burst of the weapon's elemental damage type // enemies within the area of effect of this weapon's elemental explosion are briefly afflicted with a status effect. So like you pop someone with a void scout and they explode in a mini black hole of damage and everyone hit by it is slowed. If it's solar, they catch burning. If it's arc, they're stunned. Something like that. Slot those two into a hand cannon and instead it's "this weapon causes elemental explosions of the weapon's type on kills // enemies killed by these explosions spawn seeker bolts of the weapon's element type."

Neither of these things will ever happen, ever, partially because it would show how loving boring and lovely the exotics are in this game. I'm still salty there's no such thing as exotic mods that do wild and cool poo poo when slotted into weapons and armor. This game has the skeleton to support so much potential and instead they just built a gachapon machine full of keychains around it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oh man if you could decide just the sights i would be so happy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SlimGoodbody posted:

My dream mod economy is them just porting the mod situation of The Division over to D2. A bunch of different gun parts you can slot in that actually do things and change the look of your gun and stuff. Like, let us decide what scope to put in. Let us decide what stock and grip to put in. Let us decide mag type, muzzle break, all that poo poo.

My other dream is that the mod/perk situation on guns cribs from Final Fantasy 7's materia system. Let us collect a bunch of different perks that can be linked together in interesting ways. Like maybe there's a "firefly" perk bubble and an "area status" bubble, and you have found them both during the grind. Put the two of them in linked slots on a scout rifle for "enemies killed by headshots from this weapon explode in an a burst of the weapon's elemental damage type // enemies within the area of effect of this weapon's elemental explosion are briefly afflicted with a status effect. So like you pop someone with a void scout and they explode in a mini black hole of damage and everyone hit by it is slowed. If it's solar, they catch burning. If it's arc, they're stunned. Something like that. Slot those two into a hand cannon and instead it's "this weapon causes elemental explosions of the weapon's type on kills // enemies killed by these explosions spawn seeker bolts of the weapon's element type."

Neither of these things will ever happen, ever, partially because it would show how loving boring and lovely the exotics are in this game. I'm still salty there's no such thing as exotic mods that do wild and cool poo poo when slotted into weapons and armor. This game has the skeleton to support so much potential and instead they just built a gachapon machine full of keychains around it.

This all sounds really cool but all I can think is "so Bungie will just sell us Valentine's Day themed gun sights and shove the Easter Bunny themed elemental kill effect into an Easter Eververse box." I'd want that system though it sounds fun way more fun than pick 1 of 3 slightly varied options.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pretty chilling that Activision's primary concern is that low playerbase = low loot box purchases

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
The irony of this is that there aren't that many things in the loot boxes you want anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

The irony of this is that there aren't that many things in the loot boxes you want anyway.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

that and them trying to create scarcity by sunsetting certain emotes/ship models artificially with their stupid loving seasons nonsense.

Assholes, just add more costumes to the store.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maybe if you want your game to be supported by whales, don't make the game hostile to the type of players who are whales

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pretty chilling that Activision's primary concern is that low playerbase = low loot box purchases

Yeah, they missed the point so bad they might as well be trying to hit it mid-warlock-hover

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The biggest mistake they ever made obviously was making a Destiny 2 in the first place

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ZeusCannon posted:

Oh man if you could decide just the sights i would be so happy.

This is a no brainer but they have tied scope zoom into their AA/Range balancing for weapons so they’d have to decouple zoom from sight and they will never do this

This is also the reason they probably think they are giving us something cool when they release 600rpm auto #7, this one has a medium and a long zoom!

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

FishBulb posted:

The biggest mistake they ever made obviously was making a Destiny 2 in the first place

Yeah, D1 getting the new planets and story content in a huge expansion would have been preferable to what we have now. The sheer amount of content would be insane. Players would have a lot of variety for raids and end game content, PvP would still be fun and the amount of gear would be huge as well.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FishBulb posted:

not empty quoting

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah, D1 getting the new planets and story content in a huge expansion would have been preferable to what we have now. The sheer amount of content would be insane. Players would have a lot of variety for raids and end game content, PvP would still be fun and the amount of gear would be huge as well.
I thought I read somewhere we were supposed to get all the old planets and such but those plans were changed.

Also in TWAB tomorrow per Cozmo:

Iron Banner changes
Armor Masterworks Info
Raid Reward Changes
Patch Note Preview
Conversation about Shaders

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Roman posted:

I thought I read somewhere we were supposed to get all the old planets and such but those plans were changed.

Also in TWAB tomorrow per Cozmo:

Iron Banner changes
Armor Masterworks Info
Raid Reward Changes
Patch Note Preview
Conversation about Shaders

Any conversation about shaders that isn't "holy poo poo consumable shaders was a mistake and we are stupid as gently caress, have a shader kiosk" is worthless imo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm not a potion clutching weirdo so I don't care about consumable shaders, but God drat I wish they didn't take up my entire vault

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm not a potion clutching weirdo so I don't care about consumable shaders, but God drat I wish they didn't take up my entire vault

It's dumb and it has nothing to do with being a potion clutching weirdo. I'd like the freedom to be able to play around with different color combinations without being hosed over until the next limited time event rolls around so I can try to grind more of the colors I like. Shaders should have been more rare but permanent once unlocked , just like in D1, but being able to apply them on individual armor pieces and weapons, as well as ships was cool.

Although the downside to going on ships and sparrows it that it makes it that much more obvious that there are only like four ships and sparrows in the game and all the variations are just lame pallette swaps except for the exotics which add a couple greebly bits.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are only a few ship geometries in the game, each (legendary) ship has a different pattern on its skin that shades differently from other ships with the same model. Which I guess is technically variety but it's no better than Destiny 1 having most of its ships being boring brown blobs.

I just left all my shaders in my inventory, it's not like I can use that space for anything else.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 24, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have like 150 guns in there. is that dum

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
s

Super No Vacancy posted:

i have like 150 guns in there. is that dum

Yeah like all of them are bad.

Just keep the ones you use

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't mind shaders being consumable but let me actually get the ones I want. Like I really like Mercury Vex Chrome, but I either have to hope I get them 3 at a time from bright engrams or hope they sell them for dust one week. Let me either play a specific thing where I know they will drop from, or have them ALWAYS available to buy.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah like all of them are bad.
Just keep the ones you use
I was keeping one of everything because THEY MIGHT BE GOOD SOMEDAY but gently caress that, the game shits guns and weapon parts at you anyway so there's no point in hoarding

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just give me a delete stack option

Loops, how do they work?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

Just give me a delete stack option

Loops, how do they work?!

Even if they can't do that, at least rig it so that if you continue holding down square it starts deleting the next one rather than requiring you to release and press it again.

I'd love to get a (relatively) detailed breakdown of why this is so complicated like we did for the heavy ammo bug but I can't say I expect to.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

Even if they can't do that, at least rig it so that if you continue holding down square it starts deleting the next one rather than requiring you to release and press it again.

I'd love to get a (relatively) detailed breakdown of why this is so complicated like we did for the heavy ammo bug but I can't say I expect to.

i think that's what it's going to be:

https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/955116457863520256

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I would seriously love to read a serious treatise on the dev tools that Bungie used throughout this entire endeavor. I'm genuinely interested how the entire project was managed from a technical standpoint.

I could really care less about "hurr, 4v4 is good decision" kind of stuff.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They sure didn't have a problem with me deleting all of my shards instead of using a single glimmer extractor in D1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Roman posted:

I was keeping one of everything because THEY MIGHT BE GOOD SOMEDAY but gently caress that, the game shits guns and weapon parts at you anyway so there's no point in hoarding

Yeah, everyone's keeping one of everything legendary and filling vaults with this stuff because maybe down the line a patch will make them good but maybe if they improved the Collection to include Legendary gear then people probably wouldn't do that. You could shard all your purples that you don't want and get them back in a snap (probably make it more costly in doing so?) if Destiny 2: Aksis' Dance Recital has a new meta that makes them good instead of bloating our vaults with POTENTIALLY good gear.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the weaponmaster guy isnt gonna drop masterwork armors right. im already at max weapon parts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny 2: Hold on to it because it might be good one day

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

im already at max weapon parts

No, you're not.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Oh cool I literally do not give a gently caress about excuses lmao, the “community” stopped being interested in dialogue like this when the game turned into a F2P mobile loot crate game that actually costs 100 dollars, suck my dick lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
“Excuse me this is a McDonald’s drive through, and the technical reasons we are having difficulty processing your order correctly is the call center we outsourced the drive through order takers to us having difficulty with an internet backbone”

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

This is why I go into the McDonalds instead of using the drive through, so I can spit on them in person.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

“Excuse me this is a McDonald’s drive through, and the technical reasons we are having difficulty processing your order correctly is the call center we outsourced the drive through order takers to us having difficulty with an internet backbone”

No worries bruh, HIGH FIVE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

No, you're not.

does it make a new stack or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ffs, stop asking Bungie to devote time to D E L E T I N G S H A D E R S in a world where they need a tyrannical sense of priority about fixing something so broken that Activision is feeling it between the cheeks. This is not important. Delete them yourself. It's not ideal but holy poo poo, I'd rather them actually fix the game.